Watching anime at 720p

>Watching anime at 720p

Other urls found in this thread:

senscritique.com/top/resultats/Le_meilleur_du_Club_Dorothee/188404
youtu.be/be2RJWJfNqs
youtube.com/watch?v=OcYKuG9Ceys
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's wrong with this.
Perfect quality, while not taking up too much space. The best anime size to watch, really.

>watching upscales

>watching softsubs

Does it even exist a Ranma video file at 720p or higher that isn't a blatant upscale?

I've recently redownloaded some old anime ripped from BD, but it's painfully obvious that they didn't redo the filming and they just used some kind of graphic programs to polish the low quality originals.

Ranma was shot on 16mm, what you see in is physical granules of film, you're looking at the actual print that's been digitally captured and enhanced to balance out the colors and probably remove any major issues of debris or dirt.

Or are you talking about some actual upscale like Tylor?

>not watching French dubbed anime on VHS
Are you even trying?

>Not watching the based Mexican dub

>cant torrent anything over Uni wi-fi

Shouganai

>downloading anime

If you are not doing this, you don't belong here.

But I'm not Mexican and our French dubs are way more numerous.

Here a list of dubbed animé from the 70s and 80s
senscritique.com/top/resultats/Le_meilleur_du_Club_Dorothee/188404

Also post some openings
youtu.be/be2RJWJfNqs
>tfw I'll never be a kid in the 80s again

>watching anime

>watching cartoons

you fags always got the good stuff, you actually have manga there

This

No watching it live from a TV like a normal person.

Normal people don't stay up past midnight to watch cartoons live on TV.

i agree op

when i go to nyaa and get the latest horrible subs, its 1080p or die

[Adult Swim] btfo

>watching anything that isn't glorious duwang
>gives me a feeling so complicated

It's also the time slot most anime air in Japan.

Of course, we do since the 70s so that's kinda normal.
We're the second biggest market for Manga worldwide. France is weeb paradise

We have j-music concerts, anime movies in theaters (going to see kimi no na wa the 8th) and lots of Manga translation and legal anime streaming offers.

Come home weaboo .

>sideboob

JUST.

>watching Anime with your eyes

>watching anime

>reading """light""" novels

>doing things at all

>greentexting full sente

>Living

"greentexting"

>

>Existing

/thread

>watching

>Watching anime with your eyes
>Not using your rear olfactory organs
fucking plebs amirite?

>what you see in is physical granules of film, you're looking at the actual print that's been digitally captured and enhanced to balance out the colors and probably remove any major issues of debris or dirt.
That's wonderful and terrifying at the same time.

Hot damn, it's been an adventure since watching anime on VHS on a CRT TV.

Am I doing it wrong if I'm using my vomeronasal organs?

I know I watch it on mute with my eyes closed.

i watch anime with my reproductive organs

Dat filmgrain... HHNGGGGG

I love everything about this image from top-left to bottom-right.

If you want to see something on 1080 just get closer to your screen.

scarfchan was best girl
besides momo's momos

Friendly reminder that frogs imposed their shitty Saint Seiya to most dubs that came after the french one.

Dunno why all the new Russian kiddie vids being distributed over multiple groups are all in 720p still.

When will we get those 4k upscales?

>youtu.be/be2RJWJfNqs
What opening # is that? It looks like they didn't use any of the original 8 ones and literally picked some scenes and set that to some terrible faggy song.

Not one dubbed opening or even the original from Ranma can compete with the Mexican one
youtube.com/watch?v=OcYKuG9Ceys

Latino Ranma is fucking catchy and has neat lyrics.

>neat lyrics

>mira que el tiempo va deprisa
beware time flies
>tal vez te puedas arrepentir
you might regret it
>todo se acaba y no avisa
everything ends without notice
>tienes tu vida por vivir
you have your whole life ahead of you

The lyrics are sugar coated soul-crushing stuff.

Discutir por todo pelear :3

Agreed. I don't download 1080p a lot of the time because it's just too huge of a download. I have fast internet, so that's not the problem, but I don't have unlimited internet. I've got to watch my data cap while enjoying the massive amount of anime I consume. 720p is a good compromise. It still looks pretty good, but it doesn't take up as much space.

I do download my favorite shows in glorious 1080p though.

>Not watching your Anime muted while playing Beethoven's Piano Sonata No.8 and No.19, or alternatively one of his many String Quartets.

>Having the nerve to watch anime on a screen any smaller than 60 inches and at anything less than 720p, without a glass of wine or champagne that is at least equal to or above the caliber of Dom Perignon.

>Thinking that you can truly understand the Japanese tongue before having seen the Cherry blossoms in person as they fall upon your cheek while you run in a rushed, yet gingerly manner with toast hanging out of your mouth.

>Thinking that any Anime made by a director that doesn't suffer from depression and works with animators that work less than 18 hours a day should even make it onto your palette let alone be worth your time to judge the audio quality and its various versions.

>Not understanding that Anime was a mistake from the start and that despite the preparations you should make before watching it, mentioned at the beginning of this post, started going downhill (in terms of overall quality) after 1918.

I knew I was among casuals, just not casuals of this bottom scrapping quality.

Not doing research so you dont watch shittily scaled anime

>Anime muted
>you can truly understand the Japanese tongue
This pasta never made sense.

>Gay Sex With HATS ON

Every time.

>KissAnime

If ya'll don't buy BluRay discs and own a top tier BluRay player stop talking shit.

I'd love those boobies... if I knew that really wasn't a guy...

There's nothing wrong with that.

Only the tv series was 16mm. This is from the second movie.

720p for TV broadcasts and 1080p for Blu Ray.

You know I never noticed VLC playing boku no pico on the bottom.

and the Katawa Shoujo icon on the bottom left.

>watching anime

Looks fine to me.

Then again, I'm not a 4K quality whore.

Will we see more OVAs like Thunderbolt that are native 4k?

This desu.
>download 1080 rip of movie
>4.3 gigs
>cant even put it on a USB to watch it without doing some retarded loophole shit

>kissanime
>JoJo
God damn it. It's because of people like you that people avoid associating with the JoJo crowd.

>data cap

When is this shit going away? It has no place in the year 20xx.

Never if you're in Australia.

Are you upset, user?

They do everything upside down there, don't they?

That's bullshit though, if you go with any other provider who isn't Telstra or Optus you can get cheap, fast unlimited internet now days. Even the big two have an unlimited but expensive plan.

>DATA
>FUCKING
>CAPS

I live in fucking Romania, the most backward of the backwards countries, and we don't have this bullshit. Internet's cheap, to boot! Never heard of such bullshit in other European countries, too.

That's because up until last week you didn't even have electricity in your country because of communism.

So not having data caps is a thing for the poor, and having data caps is for the first-worlders? Still not getting it.

It's hard when you're in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, user.

I've stayed in rural Australia a few times to visit family and the internet is bad. Even if you can get unlimited plans it's rarely fast.

Its the luck of the draw.
I live in the middle of rural Queensland, hours away from any large town, but I have the fucking NBN at my house with faster internet then 95% of the country. Its fucking magic man, I don't even understand why its here. I can download what ever I want in minutes or even stream in 1080p. Its a fucking joke, but I love it.

>being so fresh
user

First worlders get both, but our infrastructure was built decades earlier and nobody seems to want to upgrade it. Whereas you had nothing so the latest tech was installed straight away. ie fibre

Not that guy, but on average, how quick do you download a 300-400 MB file through torrenting? How quick do you download a batch (HS - ~3 GB, BD, ~8-9 GB)?
Preferably in mb/s.

Requesting source on that image? Want to read it

I HATE ANIME

Torrenting still heavily depends on the seeders and what speeds they're uploading at, so its not real accurate and always different. I'd say only a couple minutes for a 300-400MB file.
I can download from a reliable server quite fast though. A 10GB game from the steam servers is maybe half an hour, 45mins idk.
I'm sure that's still slow compared to the world, but here its fucking lightning.

Makes plenty of sense. "Why spend money when we've already got it running"?
And I have one more question - I promise it's going to be the last one. How common are justifications like "You wouldn't need more than that unless you were doing something fishy!". I've heard plenty of people make similar arguments around the web, but how popular are those in real life?

>You wouldn't need more than that unless you were doing something fishy!
That's practically the law with older people and politicians when it comes to internet upgrade projects. However, its fading away quite rapidly lately to the point where many admit that speed actually fucking matters and it needs fixing.

Population density also has to play a role. The area of australia is ~30 times that of romania, yet you have comparable population sizes. Whereas romania's population is concentrated around the same central urban areas, australias is spread along the coasts. I'd imagine that makes the "last kilometer" problem not the only problem?

is this a jojo reference?

Your spot on.
All our infrastructure has to cover huge distances that makes it fucking expensive. The internet and roads/highway systems are a joke because of this.

Here's a cute picture of Dokuru-chan to remind us we still talk about anime and manga on this board.

480p MASTERRACE

>A 10GB game from the steam servers is maybe half an hour, 45mins idk.
Jesus christ I envy you. With nobody else using the internet at my house, I'm lucky to get a dl speed of 4mb/s. Comcast sucks ass.

Best resolution desu
Anything above that is wasting space

>living in 2004

A 1080p monitor and 3 TB hard drive are not expensive.

>boko no pico
>bokO

How did I never notice this before

the art is shit what a waste
at least when searching the name I ended up finding a femdom doujin that was way better

But that's the optimal quality and anything like 1080p and beyond is too size-inefficient

>not loving the zodiac knights