With all of this talk about net neutrality why not just switch to dsl...

With all of this talk about net neutrality why not just switch to dsl? Phone lines are still a utility so they have to keep the packets equal. It's not as good as cable, but it's certainly better than nu-cable.

net neutrality only affects cable. you all are worrying about nothing.

>why not just switch to dsl
Because it's slow.

>it's slow
not after net neutrality ends unless you want to pay too much.

oh, good to know. thanks.
t. hotspot user. $70/mo for 40 GB

Why don't you switch to fiber instead?

Is fiber regulated as a utility like phone lines are? Is fiber readily available all around the world?

>Is fiber readily available all around the world?
Civilized first world countries have it as primary means of Internet access. Usually in the form of Open Access.

>not after net neutrality ends unless you want to pay too much
Is that English?
DSL is too slow and I'm already paying too much.

>tfw americans will finally understand how it is to be australian

What a great solution user. What will be your next great idea, putting lube in your ass before leaving home, just in case you get raped?

trying to find my plan online. it doesn't exist anymore, sorry for useless info and bragging.

you don't get it, the only websites on the internet worth visiting are blacked, reddit, and netflix, now I'l have to pay my fair share fro streaming 4k hd video

wtf is a hotspot user? what are these numbers you are talking about?

why you need 4k hd though. lower quality video streaming really isn't that bad. People want to cry but really they are just spoiled by cable internet. DSL is going to get faster because of this surge in innovation that happens. People will realize that dsl is still the same good ol internet instead of the new bullshit internet.

>blacked
you can beat off to 320 no problem

I have 100mbit in my rural city with a population of 1000, I need to use all the towns bandwidth so I can cuck them while I fap

>putting lube in your ass before leaving home, just in case you get raped?

not a bad idea when I have to travel to nigger town.

Who gives a fuck about cable dsl is the answer.

tbqh the only thing that not having net neutrality has delivered Australians is pretty much every ISP offering streaming services for free and unmetered for both home and mobile

>putting lube in your ass before leaving home, just in case you get raped?

Whats it like living in a country where not doing so would be about as safe as playing Russian Roulette with a pistol?

OPWP

>the telecommunications nigger is gonna have to tell australia that the nbn will be even slower unless they pay more for certain services

oh this will end well.

What's your better idea? Where else will you be able to get the old internet when the new internet is all fucked up?? You ain't got no answers.

I literally have fiber connection and this is like a pseudo-third world country

Cool story, but your internet is literally throttled in favor of companies paying your ISPs. Sounds like bullshit.

>inb4 BUTT DOESN'T EVERYONE GET REDIRECTED TO SOME SHITTY REALITY SINGING COMPETITION SITE BEFORE THEY CAN SURF THE WEB?

>All over the world
Net neutrality repeal is only your problem

The thing about dsl is the packets don't get molested by the isp because phone lines are still regulated as a utility. fiber doesn't mean shit if your isp can fuck with your packets.

the repeal of net neutrality doesn't affect dsl because phone lines are still regulated as a utility. dsl isps can't throttle the phone lines.

can't throttle dsl

>tbqh the only thing that not having net neutrality has delivered Australians is pretty much every ISP offering streaming services for free and unmetered for both home and mobile

Why is it that every Bogan I meet tells me how expensive, slow and useless your internet is?

The infrastructure is shit. Doesn't have anything to do with throttling.

Can I use a DSL line, using a VOIP service like Magicjack, through the DSL thats being used for the magicjack??

YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN NN IS GONE? NOTHING
THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED WHEN IT WAS IMPLEMENTED, EVERYONE FREAKED OUT, AND NOTHING HAPPENED

i know fuck all about interwebz and connections. Had dsl for awhile a couple years ago and it did what I needed it to do. Browse and play Gran Turismo online. I moved and continued to use dsl but my connection kept dropping. Think maybe it was my phone lines? So Iswitched to cable. Its faster but I coulda survived with dsl