Hi Sup Forums, what do you think of my non-fiction collection?

hi Sup Forums, what do you think of my non-fiction collection?
Are there any other works or authors you would recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

colchestercollection.com/titles.html
waterstones.com/book/the-balkans-1804-2012/misha-glenny/9781847087713
amazon.com/Philosophers-Speak-Themselves-T-V-Smith/dp/B000L1NOYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you the Russians?

Top shelf kino bottom shelf cancer.

colchestercollection.com/titles.html

There is lots of good, free books here.

I hope you were reading Chomsky only to discover how much of a hypocrite he is

Get The Story of Civilization series. 11 volumes from ancient history to Napoleon. Written by Will Durant. They're well written and interesting.

1984, brave new world

>non-fiction

Not enough Halo books

why is it cancer?
>criticises government policy
>works at a university that pays him well
thats not hypocrisy
>non-fiction

You mean like this?

Double the gorilla minds.
proper hardcore

1.5/10

Would be 0 without the Greeks.

>Chomsky

Is there a problem?

Needs more Philosophy

Do a favour to yourself and read this book

>non-fiction
such as?

Try On the Genealogy of Morality and Beyong Good and Evil by Nietzsche and Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals by Kant, they are great introductions to their philosophies, and the two have contradictory opinions so that should help you not falling blindly for anyone of the two.

Watership down.

Scahill is such a SJW faggot

>translations

>author name larger then the actual name of the book
garbage, kill yourself

Nigger that's it? Show your fiction shelves you pussy

stop posting this fucking picture all the time

bottom shelf is absolute shit and you should kill yourself because of it

my nigga

>Nietzsche
meme
>Kant
good
Well you just refuted him whatever am I to do
I can see only two of them doing that

Gulag Archipelago. You’ll find a lot of “familiarities”, if you look at it as more of a schematic, than a humanist piece.

Why?, because it says mean things about the three letter agencies?

whats wrong with the bottom shelf?
well they take up 3 bookcases so it would take a while, and aren't Sup Forums related

>>Nietzsche
>meme
>"anyone that is against objectivity is a meme xD"

Here's a picture from water ship down. It's a perfectly child friendly adventure book. You should totally get it.

>Chile
friendo
What can you recommend for that thing that happened in 1973

When you’re a neet like me the whole Barnes and Nobles is your library. Mummy can pack you a tendie lunch, the nice people at Starbucks will even heat it up for me in their easy bake oven, and then i can read whatever I want all day long in the store.

Protip: measure the sugar and mix with each koolaid packet and put in individual ziplock bag that way you can easily refill your gallon jug with koolaid, sugar, and water in the bathroom.

>Shelf and a half of non-fiction
>3 bookcases fiction
Read A Brave New World again, I think you missed part of it's message

Wait, is friendo actually catching on, friendo?

A documentary called "la batalla de chile", also another called "el diario de agustiin".

The classic book "the open veins of latin america" (currently in Obama's library) and "Pinochet's Economists: The Chicago School of Economics in Chile"

If its message is that I will soon need a 4th bookcase, then already know that

A lot are from secondhand bookshop hunting
I really get a kick out of that
If I've exhausted them all then its ebay

art of the deal is pretty good

You know that you can torrent massive ebook files right? I have over 14k books in my Calibre library. A lot are shit but not all.

You can never have enough shelf space.

Shadows of Power by James Perloff. It's about the history of the Council of Foreign Relations, an private think tank which directs Americas foreign policy from behind the curtains. Most modern presidents and policy makers are members of this group. A short but sweet Redpill, it's a fascinating read.

well see my bookcases don't need a battery, don't have DRM, and aren't effected by EM

I know nothing and understand nothing and that's all I'm going to say, live with it.

Yeah you focus so much on 'Murica's affairs and so little on anything cultural or historic and there's not even anything on your own country. Might as well just watch the news.

Business does indeed run the government
But stuff like this focusing on one bloc, is too Secret Cabal. It shifts all the blame and says everything would be hunky dory if it weren't for these bad men ruining everything
When thats not the case
The CFRs role is providing the business communities input on foreign policy

None of mine has DRM. I can charge my laptop from solar. And don’t you think if you’re in a situation where your library is at risk from EM, having books to read might be the least of your problems?

>nothing on your own country
There are 5 books dealing with Oz there
>so little on anything cultural or historic
Greeks and Romans slowly but surely

Reddit tier tbhq fagg.

What would you recommend?

Hmh? Random response. I didn't have a negative response to you saying it. At least I don't think it came off as such?

I used to read and believe all this Chomsky-esque shit, about how all the elite work together and horrible things to the common man. Then I realized that this is just a naive interpretation of how the world really works.

We all work for our own best interest. The elites have more power and influence, so their decisions affect more people.

Yes, there are evil people and people who do bad things. And many of those people have power. But there are also many good people who do good things, and many of those people are in power, too. This is the way the world has been since history began.

If someone wrote a book about the good ones and the good that they do, it would be called propaganda. If someone writes about the bad ones, it is called insightful and exposing.

In summary, Chomsky is selling a childish view of the world. It's not right or wrong, its just immature.

Vox Day and Scott Adams are actually solid authors. I'm not sure they'll stand the test of time but they're well worth reading if you want to read something modern by somebody still breathing, especially SJWs always lie and HtFaAEaSWB.

O my bad. I don't actually know those books but just assumed hey were all about America because of their names and how they're clustered.

More philosophy and history essentially, liberals telling you how "screwed up" america is won't help your intellectual development.

It doesn't imply CFR controls EVERYTHING. But it does provide a vector to look inside backroom foreign policy.

>But there are also many good people who do good things, and many of those people are in power, too
name one good american president since jfk

Read "The selfish gene" by Dawkins, that book is right up your ally.

Not so random actually I'm just hiding things in general.

part 2 pls

There's even more but this progression gets the point across.

>about how all the elite work together and horrible things to the common man.
> Then I realized that this is just a naive interpretation of how the world really works.
>We all work for our own best interest.
Thats literally the exact same thing

A corporation seeks to expand its market share, increase its profits, decrease its costs
So it lobbies for deregulation and tax cuts and exploits labor and skips safety procedures and hires mercenaries to deal with native protestors and sends its lawyers and executives into government to get better deals for it and open up new markets

>chomsky is selling a childish view
>there are also many good people doing good things in power too
top kek

I've read it.

there's a bit less dust on the shelf than the last time you posted, but it still ain't clean
this
books that make your almonds activate not by pointing at things that are wrong, but overall makes you consider everything.
I'm onto Plato currently, good shit.

need more real history, not those pop books, buts its a good start

They're not solid at all
> I don't actually know those books but just assumed
Get a load of this intellectual giant
JFK was not good
>tried to invade Cuba
>when that failed started a terrorist war against it, Operation Mongoose
>expanded simply aiding a client regime in South Vietnam into a full blown invasion, USAF craft in Vietnamese markings bombing and napalming, rounding up the civilian population into "strategic hamlets", special forces fighting in country
>Cuban Missile Crisis
>began the era of national security neo-nazi police states in South America
>authorised COINTELPRO to target the Civil Rights Movement
It just goes on and on, its an amazing piece of propaganda deception that people think he was some sort of liberal dove who was going to fix everything

It's non fiction.

I defend his book choices, they might be the book equivalent of clickbait, but that info it's not so easily available.

>buying all these books just to post a pic on Sup Forums

>>>non-fiction
they're not pop
>muh rightwing redpill
no thanks

only book worth reading tbqh

>non fiction
>biggest book on top shelf literally says "MYTHS"

Non-fiction is perfectly acceptable as convention.

oh no I've read them too

You dont know what The Greek Myths is, do you?

This right here.

Top shelf is pretty patrician.
Bottom shelf is pop history garbage. It's like one tier away from Bill O'Reilly's Killing series.

My copies of the bible are shelved right next to Harry Potter and LOTR, kek

>no Kevin MacDonald
>no David Duke
>no Mormon bible
>no Myth of the 20th Century
>nothing on Hitler or the NSDAP at all
>nothing on race realism
>nothing on eugenics
>nothing Libertarian
>no history
>No Industrial Society and it's Future
>No Evola
>Rousseau (disgusting)
>Being and Time (more like waste of time)

Pretty weak list for Sup Forums-tier reading desu.

What is the best book on the Yugoslav wars / Fall of Yugoslavia?

I've been thinking about getting link related for some background on it, it seems well rated.

waterstones.com/book/the-balkans-1804-2012/misha-glenny/9781847087713

Put Lauren Southern's book side on so we can all laugh.

>respected academics and journalists
>writing detailed accounts of history and unreported current affairs
>pop history garbage one tier away from Bill O'Reilly

its gotta be the slimest thing shes done in a while
>dat belly

The Abolition of Man by CS Lewis.

The best introduction to philosophy is this:
amazon.com/Philosophers-Speak-Themselves-T-V-Smith/dp/B000L1NOYM

History books, written pre-1930.

throw in some Victor Davis Hanson to learn about human nature

If you look reeeeeally closely, you can actually see Marx.

-------------

O you think you're intellectual because you read some Jews who criticize US foreign policy? O my sweety you have much to learn.

pls respond I need to leave computer

Old bullshit is still bullshit.

Don't diss the classics mang

Well that's why were not trip-fags, friendo.

Give me some additions to my brainlet collection.

>you have much to learn
>like uncle hitler did nothing wrong and its the jews fault I'm not a winner

Oh, and thin one to the left of GG&S is Uncle Ted's manifesto.

what are those on the bottom?

Go ask /lit/ they will go full autist on you though and recommend Lolita mainly.

Cant really say sorry its not my forte
Shadow Wars does provide information on the USA sending Afghan veternas to the Balkans and Chechnya through the 90s

The Culture of Critique by Kevin MacDonald
The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Old novels by Jack Higgins and Robert Ludlum.