It's really not that hard to understand

>With market-based pricing finally permitted, we could see new entrants to the industry because it might make economic sense for the first time to innovate. The growing competition will lead, over the long run, to innovation and falling prices. Consumers will find themselves in the driver’s seat rather than crawling and begging for service and paying whatever the provider demands.

>The old rules pushed by the Obama administration had locked down the industry with regulation that only helped incumbent service providers and major content delivery services. They called it a triumph of “free expression and democratic principles.” It was anything but. It was actually a power grab. It created an Internet communication cartel not unlike the way the banking system works under the Federal Reserve.

>Net Neutrality had the backing of all the top names in content delivery, from Google to Yahoo to Netflix to Amazon. It’s had the quiet support of the leading Internet service providers Comcast and Verizon. The opposition, in contrast, had been represented by small players in the industry, hardware providers likeCisco, free-market think tanks and disinterested professors, and a small group of writers and pundits who know something about freedom and free-market economics.

>Here’s what’s was really going on with net neutrality. The incumbent rulers of the world’s most exciting technology decided to lock down the prevailing market conditions to protect themselves against rising upstarts in a fast-changing market. The imposition of a rule against throttling content or using the market price system to allocate bandwidth resources protects against innovations that would disrupt the status quo.

fee.org/articles/goodbye-net-neutrality-hello-competition/

Other urls found in this thread:

freepress.net/blog/2017/04/25/net-neutrality-violations-brief-history
youtube.com/watch?v=gd5-2I6ORqo
youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Free market is a meme.

tl;dr

kill yourself.

I take it you didn't read the article.

This is some hardcore concept redefinition
for startes it's not like isps havent succesfully block new isps or city isps to begin with
Reading Pol threads about this really feels like i am in an alternate world

Before you chimp i want NN gone tho
#foramuttfree4chan

>#foramuttfree4chan
>Mexico
the ironing

>the virgin Mutt
>the chad mestizo

Jesus, there is so much shilling on this board for both sides. It's hard to even tell what's real anymore.

The anti-competion prevention laws will still be in effect.
FCC gets its power back over ISPs, which it gave up in 2015.
Years prior to 2015 we were fine.

Tell me what's wrong with above?

>It’s had the quiet support of the leading Internet service providers Comcast and Verizon
>The opposition, in contrast, had been represented by small players in the industry

wtf I love giant telecom cartels now

Thank you ancaps for constantly shilling for giant corporations.

>to protect themselves against rising upstarts in a fast-changing market.

So apparently verizon and timewarner and AOL are "young upstarts" now?

I'm no shill. You tell me where the shilling is coming from.

there's bigger jews fighting over it. we're fucked whichever way you spin it

any salt mine plebbit gems?

I dont uunderstand the post. So we want the vote to pass or we want net neutrality?

I'd just like to point out, Google, with their infinite money tried to enter the ISP market and failed. If Google cannot do it, who the fuck can?

It's kind of funny, ISPs hate net neutrality regulation and claims it restricts them. But they fought hard as fuck for a whole bunch of regulations that basically prevented any competition from starting up.

>nfl
jej thanks kaepernick

their goverment can "change" every 4 years
corps don't, and today they only pretend to compite

Tuck frump this'll stop him from raping my womb and telling me I'm a man

the vocal part of Pol wants it gone
someone made a poll earlier and only 30% wanted it gone

personally I think Pol is an annoying but controlled opposition

wow I sure feel bad for that pooinloo verizon shill

I'd love to know what "innovation" there is in putting up endless roadblocks to using data

Because then Netflix and YouTube will have to pay denbts which means more expensive netflix and less ad revenue for youtube users. And most of the young retards who support NN are young retards who grew up with the internet 100% of their life and can't imagine what life is like if you quit being a faggot and put your screens down for a few seconds every now and then.

do you have one of explicit net subscribers?

Can someone give me the worlds quickest run down on net nueterality.

Small companies can't afford new regulations, large companies gobble them up.

If you are not castizo you might as well be a nigger.

#foramuttfree4chan

net neutrality prevents ISPs from charging extra fees to use certain content or websites.

Without Net Neutrality you will see a "toll both" as in you have to pay money for certain websites or certain usages of data (watching videos).

no

How does net neutrality effect me? Will my AT&T bill go up or something?

are they gonna block Sup Forums

Except that's wrong. No website is going to have to pay anybody. Consumers will. Does HBO pay for you? No you pay for HBO

How on earth could we profit from competition if the entirety of internet cooperates as equals this very moment.

If you push competition in you immediately create an imbalance.

NEVER MISTAKE FREE MARKET FROM FREEDOM. FREE MARKET IS ANARCHY THAT TURNS INTO OLIGARCHY.

>Being this naive
Honestly, Americans deserve this

kind of like what it is right now?

$49.99/month - basic Internet
+$5 normie access to Reddit
+$10 edgy altrighter access to Sup Forums
+$20 shiver me timbers bittorrent and p2p access

It won't change it at all. If anything it'll revert to the price it was in 2015 before NN was rolled out.

They refused service to Daily Stormer under NN, It doesn't provide protection for for that.

Small ISPs have no problem with net neutrality rules only the larger ISPs that want to charge more money for internet usage find net neutrality annoying.

Ajit "Pooinloo" Pajeet is a literal hired Verizon shill that Trump appointed because he listens to the idiot cuckservatives like Reince Priebus.

I can't believe you think people are stupid enough to believe this.

At first your bill might go down, depending on which packages you want.
5 years down the line you'll be paying premium for mainstream content and fascist sites like Sup Forums will be unavailable for breaking AT&T:s new terms of service.

I can't wait until none of these rediculous predictions about the end of the internet without NN don't happen.

>They refused service to Daily Stormer under NN, It doesn't provide protection for for that.

No, Daily Stormer is allowed by ISPs, what happened was that ICANN which was privatized in 2016, a service that allows your DNS to function, stopped allowing Daily Stormer to exist because it didn't meet up with ICANN's "corporate speech policy"

Back when ICANN was a federal service it couldn't discriminate based on political opinion because of free speech, but the second ICANN became private it can now effectively thought police the entire internet.

tldr ancaps are drooling autistic idiots.

I can't wait until you have to pay $10 a month to access Mises.org

You sure it wasn't just GoDaddy seizing the page?

Author is a kike shill who argues for globalism.

What about if I torrent from an Indonesian site? Will I now Of the charges before I click it or will they just happen?

>end of the internet
Its not the end of the internet, its the end of the American internet user, and it can't come soon enough

Well if you want p2p, you'll probably be paying way more than you are now. If you don't get the p2p package, you will either be unable to connect or your speeds will be 10kb/s.

GoDaddy is just one domain registrar.

Daily Stormer could just buy a new one, *if* it was allowed by ICANN,( again a private company that effectively controls whether you can or can't have a functioning domain on the internet)

But ICANN doesn't allow the daily stormer to do that, every time daily stormer registers a new domain name ICANN pulls the plug effectively limiting free speech because "THe Daily Stormer" doesn't live up to ICANN's (a private company) corporate speech policies.

Sup Forums won't just be amerimutt free, since it's an american website the entire thing might end up getting throttled or blocked altogether.

Can't wait for americans to finally fuck off from the internet. I love the fact their internet services will become even worse than africa. We're boosting world class internet down here and it grows every year. Almost all areas have fiber down here now. Prices keep going down and accessibility keeps improving. No restrictions.

Hope you amerimuts enjoy your freedom

>I'm no shill.

Sure you aren't, comcast kike

Google was blocked by existing franchise agreements, Comcast also supported anti google internet politicians in most local races in the places google wanted to go.

Go and suck Facebook and Google dick some more.

Go suck comcast jew dick some more.

Don't let this happen, yanks. Once they repealed car part equality here manufacturers started charging extra to paint the car. Your $80k Holden became $80k + 40k chassis + 10k engine. Instant 6 million percent price increase.

Shalom goyim we need to keep net neitrality going. New businesses are a threat to us white people as some evil person of color might be behind it

>Don't let this happen, yanks
On the contrary, do let this happen. This is hilarious

I don't suck any dicks, that's why you don't need Jew Neujewity.

It's not going to work nigger. I was here when all these threads started popping up. The tone was concern and "weed to work together". As the day went and you faggot shills got tired of being called out you started calling everyone trumptard or some such shit. And since that failed, now you're just calling anyone who disagrees with you a shill and then your buddies come in and ask stupid questions so you can sound like the informed Sup Forums user just trying to save the internet. This is the sloppiest and most obnoxious shill job I've ever seen. Your boss should be tarred and feathered.

this. Free Market won't fix it, shill.

What could possibly go wrong?

Go and suck Verizon and AT&T dick some more.

Yes "new businesses" like the giant Telecom companies that want to charge you money based on what particular websites you go to.

>Don't tread on me
>Except you ISPs, please tread on me
Hahahahahhahah the absolute fucking state of Americans

>everyone who I dont like is a shill

How to spot a post 2016 elections newfag
Back to /r/T_D

>Net Neutrality doesn't exist until 2015
>Repealed in 2017
>EVERYONE LOSES THEIR MINDS

Can someone explain this to me? Anti trust laws have protected consumer internet since the early aughts and telecoms have been sued for blocking services. Why are we panicking?

>"Let's give the consumers power by limiting their options!"

Lol fuck off shill. I pay for a certain bandwidth and it should be delivered regardless of what the data is. It'd be like paying for water, but paying different charges based on what room it's coming out of.

>mestizo
>chad
no mama's whey, if you're not castizo then might as well be a shitskin

>Without Net Neutrality you will see a "toll both" as in you have to pay money for certain websites or certain usages of data (watching videos).

Net Neutrality didn't exist from 1980's until 2015. Why would we start seeing it now? Nobody has answered this.

Oh no... Don't take my Sup Forums credentials. When all else fails use a meme. Fuck off Faggot I don't even need to bring that shit up but if time on 4chins is your thing, I'd be surprised if you've been here longer than me.

>paying for water at all

weeeweeeeee

>I pay for a certain bandwidth and it should be delivered regardless of what the data is
Pretty much this. ISP's job is to sell a data connection and price according to the connection, not price depending on the CONTENT of the data.
Americans cheering on giving power to ISPs that they have no business having. Nigger-tier IQ at work here.

If you don't want NN, you are a conservatard.

>imagine being this made that someone doesn't want to have to pay money to watch youtube videos

Net Neutrality existed since the beginning of the internet, the specific rules in 2015 were required because the kiked federal circuit court system in 2010 said that under current rules the FCC wasn't allowed to stop companies from violating net neutrality

As a result the FCC had to pass new rules in 2015 to affirm net neutrality making it unambiguously legal to stop ISPs from charging you fees for any mundane data usage (again like watching videos).

>more competition
>deregulating the already deregulated oligopoly
Woah, those are impressive mental gymnastics

You know what the problem is with you faggots? I'd be willing to debate the pros and cons of NN, because nothing is perfect. But you niggers come in here spouting you chicken little the sky is falling bullshit and it makes people have to call you on that bullshit, thus defending the repeal.

I answered you a million times already but you faggots keep pretending it doesn't exist since it doesn't fit your narrative. Nevermind taking 30 seconds of google work to find it yourself.

freepress.net/blog/2017/04/25/net-neutrality-violations-brief-history
>ISPs shut down voice programs like Skype because they don't want people to communicate for free instead of using their telephone subscriptions
>ISPs throttle/ban p2p traffic which is literally the best way for users to spread files privately without anyone interfering
>ISPs throttle gaming and steaming services because they don't like them

As time went on the violations become more frequent and worse. And if you abolish NN it will only get worse every year, since they realize they can get away with their greed. Most Americans only have 1 or 2 ISPs to them available anyways so it's not like they would have a choice.

Nah, fuck that shit.
I would rather it a state owned service under the constitution. ISP-niggers don't do anything.

Net Neutrality existed from the beginning of the internet.

The current rules only came about because of a US appeals court ruling in 2010 that said the FCC couldn't demand net neutrality unless they changed the rules.

2015 was when those "new" rules were adopted which explicitly highlighted net neutrality as important.

>Implying the big companies won't work together to keep competition down when they have all the resources
I may despise this guy, but he put out a half-decent video for the first time ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=gd5-2I6ORqo

>Quoting reddit

Don't kid yourself. Government regulated utilities are raping consumers, but deregulation will not encourage competition. Who other than google is just going to have the funds and the will to string new infrastructure around to "compete"?

Citizens are pressed to either choose between financial sodomy or liberal thought police. Not to mention that "net neutrality" won't just screw everyone equally.

Yes, now you know why we are in a state of benis.

>Charge for YouTube
>Competitors form
This isn't a hard concept

So from 2010 to 2015 companies could have ran wild but didn't. Again, what was stopping them before?

>ISPs shut down voice programs like Skype because they don't want people to communicate for free instead of using their telephone subscriptions.

Bullshit. Companies tried doing this back in 2005 to vonage and vodaphone and got sued to hell and back via anti trust laws.

I'm not saying companies won't try to kike me, but the NN boogey man has never reared his head. Now kindly fuck off back to plebbit.

>In summary the new rules are as follows:

>No blocking: broadband providers may not block access to legal content, applications, services, or non-harmful devices.

>No throttling: broadband providers may not impair or degrade lawful Internet traffic on the basis of content, applications, services, or non-harmful devices.

>No paid prioritization: broadband providers may not favor some lawful Internet traffic over other lawful traffic in exchange for consideration of any kind—in other words, no "fast lanes." This rule also bans ISPs from prioritizing content and services of their affiliates.[22]

How does a libertarian look at these common sense rules and say "hurr I'm being oppressed because ISPs aren't allowed to charge me extra for watching cat videos"

I don't even use Netflix or YouTube. Should I be worried?

This is how I feel. Either get jewed by the ISPs or get fucked by big brother thought police.

I'm not saying either argument is perfect. But it's reached the point where you can't even discuss the negatives of NN without an army of pro-NN nerd virgin shills drowning you out with nonsense.

>How does a libertarian look at these common sense rules and say "hurr I'm being oppressed because ISPs aren't allowed to charge me extra for watching cat videos"

Not even a libertarian, but:

1) Anti trust laws
2) Anti trust laws
3) Anti trust laws

It's like we already have laws prohibiting this activity.

>Free Market
>from the Land Of Government Enforced Monopolies
as a shill, you're not even trying
we're docking your 25¢ for this hour

>So from 2010 to 2015 companies could have ran wild

No, the lawsuits and appeals were still undergoing, but the net neutrality rules were remained in place. Everyone knows how long legal proceedings take.

>Anti trust laws

Which haven't been enforced in decades

Antitrust laws don't apply to internet. Please do research.

>Spectrum and ATT a the only options where I am
>ATT is trying to buy TWC.
>They own all the infrastructure

A small start up ISP would have to rent from ATT to use their lines. ATT will charge them and then that charge then goes to the end user.

It will get more expensive no matter what.

>non-harmful devices
Whats a harmful device? A server hosting anti-lgbt content?

this

there's fucking relentless shilling for net neutrality even though the arguments for it are weak as hell. it's an example of pre-gamergate, pre-trump corporate brainwashing of bluepilled consumer sheep.

ancaps are the "chaotic stupid" of politics

youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM

Maybe dumb, do we already have this in Norway? I swear some companies give you free access to spotify or something. or is that different?

You are a shill therefore fuck off

>let me just pull 1 trillion dollars out of my ass so i can create a nation spanning network that needs to be physically inserted into the soil so i can undercut these cucks
>b-b-but my antitrust

your right lads there are no virtual monopolies across multiple industries in the US at all - surely loosening the rules even more won't allow those supposedly non existent entities (who in some areas have 0 (zero) competitors) to bend your ass over and rape you even harder because its literally their job to do so

right now you pay for internet, when this shit passes you are going to pay for pieces of the internet, and if you think this is going to be structured in a way that is cheaper for you then you are a fucking retard - these businesses are there to make more money, not less

if this were against their interests then they would be spending hundreds of millions on turning this issue into a non starter like anything else that goes against what they like via lobbying

1. It's happening whether you like it or not.
2. This isn't the first time this place has been infested with your kind.