So is Evangelion 4.0 a 2017 release or not?

So is Evangelion 4.0 a 2017 release or not?

How long has it been since 3.33 even? I feel like its been 4 years.

Answer me honestly Sup Forums, does anyone here unironically like the shitty rebuilds?

moot does

Who is moot?

just a tripfag

Literally who?

I liked 2.0

I liked 2.22 a lot until the end, then I thought it was just good overall.

4.0 is the second half of 3.33 so I'm hoping it'll actually tell us what the fuck is going on.

I watched the entirety of Evangelion in the span of a week, so I'm not overly critical of the rebuilds as I didn't have to wait two decades for them.

The falling angel fight was much better done in the rebuilds.

Manga had the best version of Asuka's loss to the mindrape angel.

The first one is "good" because it's just a rehash of the first six episodes and what was good then is still good. The problem is that seeing it smashed into a 90 minute movie is completely pointless.

The same can be said of 2.0 except the last 10% of the movie.

3.0 is the only film that actually justifies the rebuilds existing. I think it's interesting, but also still completely unnecessary since End of Evangelion was the perfect conclusion to the series.

He made some sot of social-network website called facebook.

>The same can be said of 2.0 except the last 10% of the movie.
Nothing in 2.0 comes close to the original Leliel and Bardiel fights. The monstruous and impactful things that made Eva-01 meaningful got replaced by hovering around with pretty lights and a giant waifu. They even pussied out in the Bardiel fight and put a blindfold on Shinji--in the end Shinji's indecission in the fight meant nothing because Asuka ended up alright. And that's another thing, Asuka: they made a show with an already small cast of character even smaller taking Tohji out of the picture. Shinji hurting his friends didn't come up again until 3.0 too. His regressions were completely cut out and afaik the message delivered during the train ride on the dirac sea was cut out too. And in favor of what? A new character which means nothing, the kids going to an amusement park, cooking fights, children's songs?

If you think 2.0 was fine, let alone good, you don't actually like Evangelion. Everything bad about 3.0 was due to 2.0. Wanna know why Anno rebooted everything? It's because Eva isn't about staying in your confort zone with your waifu and your toys to the detriment of your life.

I miss the Asuka from NGE

While they aren't fantastic, I wouldn't exactly call them shitty.

Sure, they're more action-y and there was a lot of pointless CG in 2.0. But they've had their moments. Operation Yashima and the Zeruel battle up until the core salvaging were both pretty climactic. 3.0 actually gave Kaworu more than 5 minutes of screentime before killing him.

They're "fun" so far, but maybe 4.0 will tie everything together and manage to make them truly good.

>Anno rebooting EVA so that EVA fans would stop enjoying the series and get their feelings hurt again

JUST AS YOU'D EXPECT FROM THE MASTER

>JUST AS YOU'D EXPECT FROM THE MASTER
you must post an Anno pic with that statement

I liked 1.0 and 2.0

Unless 4.0 manages to be so good that it completely redeems 3.0, Anno will go down in history as the George Lucas of anime.

Let's get this out of the way:
Misato best girl
Rei is second
Asuka is third

>No skin tight plug suit
>Kaji's leftovers

No thanks.

Rei>Mari>Asuka>Misato

>Manga had the best version of Asuka's loss to the mindrape angel
Say what now, its shit compared to originalio with insane screams, slideshows and hallelujah horus
Also, OG Asuka>Shikinami>Manga Asuka
Sadamoto is a stupid hack

>2017 release or not?
possibly late 2017, early 2018 more likely.

>manga's don't have built in audio

Oh you got me there. Dumb fuck.

They're good movies. They're just not as good as NGE. Tbh, most things aren't as good as NGE.

I don't know when 4.0 will be out, but I know how it will end. With a big "FUCK YOU" at the end, like "Harmony" ended.

> Touji, Kensuke and Hokari died in the rebuilds

Anno is heartless bastard

I liked 2.22 a lot. I fucking despise 3.33.

most things are better than NGE, you're fucking retarded. In fact literally everything is better than NGE.

>Evangelion, the exact same story, will get shit out with updated graphics and a few different viewpoints every fucking year for the rest of time

ENOUGH JESUS

one day these anons will be genuine in posting this
i hate you

Fuck that, how long has it been since 1.11? 2007 or something?

I unironically love them all. Will be buying 3.33 BD this weekend at my work for 15 diddlery dollaroos for employee appreciation.
I'd be buying 1.11 and 2.22 as well except we only have the DVDs

I certainly don't.

what if its shit? then what will we have been waiting for all this time? this is my biggest fear. is it even possibe come up with something even more over the top than EoE?