Can somebody explain me this net neutrality discussion which is going on?

Can somebody explain me this net neutrality discussion which is going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u9laGMO2IAM
twitter.com/AjitPaiFCC/status/933009189991079936
cnbc.com/2017/07/12/facebook-ceo-mark-zuckerberg-supports-net-neutrality.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Burgers btfo'd themselves

Canada decided to remain European

bump

burgers fell for le MAGA meme

Americans decide to humiliate themselves further

bump

all you need to know

cringe

Trump and the Pajeet in charge of the FCC are pushing for net neutrality rules to be revoked. Nobody but them and the big ISP companies want that to happen but it probably doesn't matter.

ah yes the "my opponent is ugly" tactic

>I'm new and still reply to pedestrian bait attempts by Canadians

Some businesscuck pajeet got put in charge of the FCC and now he wants to rescind the net neutrality rules and instead leave it up to the FTC to prosecute ISPs for not providing services as advertised.

Honestly, congress needs to act because the previous regulatory framework was shit and the FCC is shit no matter what they do. But congress isn't going to do anything.

Just another day in the Divided Slaves of Amerikkka

I'm seriously laughing at the rationalization from MAGAPEDE fags.
>the libs and social media like it so i mist hate it
Or
>my conservative views are already sometimes censored online so why not go full force and censor everything
And my favourite
>this is good for consumers because new isps will come in to create competition

>Hey goyim i heard you really like this 4chin website, how 'bout i make it faster for you eh?
That's a good goyim, here sign these papers where you let us speed up your favorite website at the expense of others you don't use that frequently.
Oh schmucks goyim! but youtube is not included in this deal, how about we add youtube to this eh? only 29.99 shekels and jewtube is added to your approved website repertoire.

> Sup Forums is still defending the POTUS because they're too committed

> TFW this will finally lead to the end of reactionary conservatism

>> TFW this will finally lead to the end of reactionary conservatism

Bad for Americans, good for the rest of the world. Congratulations.

>he shilled for scheer
He man Trump, Bernier and rebel media already killed the right wing in Canada. I'm thankful.

desu, it's a good sign when both Reddit AND Sup Forums somewhat unanimously agree that a right-wing party has gone full retard

Bernier was robbed fuck Scheer

This. I thank Rebel Media for preventing our transformation into "USA.2" every day. I low-key suspect they were founded by Liberals as propaganda showing people what their stupid ideas looked like IRL.

let me know when that happens
The biggest boards on this site all stand with the God-Emperor. Half a dozen soyboys on Sup Forums can't change that.

>IT WAS HIS TURN
Bernier supporters are infinitely more pathetic than even the most sycophantic Scheer shill.

Sup Forumsleaf, you are the most pathetic Canadian on Sup Forums. How does it feel?

>leafpile is assembling

I was on Sup Forums yesterday and all the FCC threads were anti-Sup Forums and their self-destructive circle-jerk. Admittedly, it might have changed since then. I only go on Sup Forums anyway.

Sup Forums turned Sup Forums into its own personal playground you dumb fuck

incredible, in no small part due to your deluge of tears

>1812
> 1812 forever

You don't understand why net neutrality is important

>the canadians are being cringey again

I know the "ignore them" strategy is shit, but I just try to make good content as a counter. They're dying soon after the POTUS gets a midterm bluer than his balls

> cringy = opinions I disagree with

Nor do you. Otherwise your side would be able to explain why all the absurd doom-and-gloom scenarios reddit has concocted never materialized in countries without NN.
Just admit you joined a bandwagon of impotent losers.

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing, it's about being obsessed with another nation's politics.

Like, yeah shitting on muslims and sjws is fun, but then everyone went full retard.
Gavins a weirdo, Loomer is a typical jew, and faith is fill 1488.

It was indeed his turn :(
Wh*te old women with social conservative values need to fuck off

A) Sup Forums only started supporting the repeal because they're trump dicksuckers. The 2014 FCC decision was hated site wide.

B) literally the only board supporting its repeal is Sup Forums lol

Comcast owns the rights to my city's cable infrastructure. This means that if somebody were to compete here with comcast, they would have to build their own cable infrastructure. That ain't happening because I live in the boonies.

So why is this important? Say I wanted to watch netflix but comcast slows it down to a point where it's unwatchable because they want me to watch their shitty streaming service instead. I have no choice but to bend over and watch ComFlix while they fuck me in the ass. This also means that they can charge for rediculous "premium" packages so that i can browse controversial sites like 4dick.

For another $15.99 you can upgrade to the niggerfaggot package and shitpost all you want!

I have a similiar situation with time warner

if Netflix valued you as a customer, they would form an ISP subsidiary and start laying pipe all the way to your isolated shack
Also, you're a turbocuck for watching the anti-white propaganda Netflix churns out but that's another matter entirely

Cringe

I live 50 miles away from a decent sized city. Netflix isn't going to do that. Also stranger things is really good you dumb faggot

>valued you as a customer
>the onus is now on the customer to be a good servant to the service provider
Late capitalism is a strange beast.

Do you know what contracts mean? Also, do you know how fucking difficult it is to set up an ISP? You can't compete with existing oligopolies. Google is trying right now and they're stagnant. What makes you think Netflix can do anything?

Nigger Netflix isn't going to do that. Do you understand the difference between an ISP and an internet streaming service?

Netflix, Facebook, Google, Amazon, and all the other companies whining about the repeal have a combined market cap that dwarfs those of Comcast and Verizon. They could easily get together and form a competing ISP if they wanted to, but that would hurt their balance sheets, which is why they get useful idiots on reddit and Sup Forums to shill on their behalf (>for free).

never ceases to amaze me

The content of this post is unavailable for standard customers in: United States

Please upgrade your internet subscription to the Comcast Deluxe Package to load this content.

Or we could just keep net neutrality in place and not have to change anything?

The content of this post is unavailable for standard customers in: United States

Please upgrade your internet subscription to the Comcast Deluxe Package to load this content.

What a shitshow

reddit

reddit

Kys

reddit

reddit

9gag

>reddit
>9gag
both websites murisharts will be paying $9.99 to visit

OP here. I did some searching and found out this is only leftists propaganda.

youtube.com/watch?v=u9laGMO2IAM

twitter.com/AjitPaiFCC/status/933009189991079936

>In the next few weeks, anti-market ideologues are going to try to scare the American people. They’ll argue that government control is the only way to assure a free and open internet. They’ll assert that repealing utility-style regulation will destroy the internet as we know it and harm innovation. They’ll allege that free speech online is at risk. Don’t fall for the fearmongering.

This picture implies that both sides are shit.

reddit

When a democrat comes into office in 4 years net neutrality will probably be restored anyway.

we don't have net neutrality and obama only signed it into law in 2015, why are americans so afraid?

Its all in the us. There is nothing we can do aboit it. But if americans lose net neutrality the world loses net neutrality.

nice to know the pajeets ruin every country they go to not just their own.

I'm not sure about all this ancap-tier fearmongering but I do believe that human greed will get the best of the ISPs AND that they're monopolies. I do not believe competition will ever rise up and I laugh when the MAGAfaggots seriously suggest that.

so I support NN. I'd rather have the internet be a utility than this "harming innovation" bullshit that pajeet pai is spewing. Fuck that guy.

Based Indian conservatives

>I do not believe competition will ever rise up

I actually agree with you. But why keep those stupid regulations? It's republican government anyway. Fearmongering about this is just stupid.

Because the regulations keep the monopolies from assraping you. Y'know, the ones that will never be competed with

Republican government is more of an incentive to fight back stronger.

no they're sincere neoconservative jews.

basically there's money to be made so yanks are going full retard

>flag

>Sup Forums leaf derails another thread
There is literally not a single reason why Canada should not be permanently range banned from this website.

made this image easier for australians to view

For those of you who are unaware, prior to net neutrality legislations, ISPs had already started blocking/throttling down certain content.

For example, many would block VOIP because they wanted you to use their telephony services.

Most would block or throttle down p2p file sharing and video streaming. When the ISP detects that you are video streaming or file sharing they'd throttle your connection to 0.5Mbps even though you'd have paid for 20Mbps. Then you'd go to do a speed test to figure out what is happening and the ISP would detect the speedtest website and throttle up your speed again and suddenly your file download is at 3Mbps, then it drops back to 0.5Mbps after a few minutes.

If you pay for the internet you should be able to access the internet and not have your ISP cockblock you every time they detect a connection to a service that they deem to be competition.

Fuck this pajeet, I don't trust him.

Exactly. Considering how well established most ISP companies are and how they own a lot of the present infrastructure, I'd rather have NN than not. I'd rather have at least one safeguard to keep my ability to post and banter anywhere on the web without having to pay the $99.99 a month shitposting package.
Just like how the 2nd amendment is to guns, Net Neutrality should be to the internet.

>Zuckerberg
>for net neutrality
what

>Just like how the 2nd amendment is to guns, Net Neutrality should be to the internet.
This
Why poltards don't understand this?
It's not lefties vs righties, it's customers vs isps issue.

>pajeet that worked for verizon SWEARS that ISPs like verizon will be better off with even more freedom to fuck their consumers in the ass because muh free market

What's going to prevent throttling from happening after net neutrality is repealed?

I don't have that bad internet...

actually, yeah
cnbc.com/2017/07/12/facebook-ceo-mark-zuckerberg-supports-net-neutrality.html
>"If a service provider can block you from seeing certain content or can make you pay extra for it, that hurts all of us and we should have rules against it," Zuckerberg wrote in a Facebook post. "Right now, the FCC has rules in place to make sure the internet continues to be an open platform for everyone. At Facebook, we strongly support those rules."

>Amazon, Facebook, Google and Twitter are among the companies that are participating in an "online rally" on Wednesday in support of net neutrality protection regulations, Recode reported. Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey also tweeted a blog post about the issue.
I don´t believe a word of what he says, but letting ISPs get so much power over content seems like a good enough reason for any internet company to get in

fucking Sup Forumsleaf scum

americans shot themselves into their own foot again

>Comcast owns the rights to my city's cable infrastructure.

L O L
O
L

The FCC director is planning to repeal some new rules about it implemented in 2015 and a lot of retards think that means repealing every law ever made about net neutrality, ever. George Soros is partly responsible.

Just goes to show that corporations are using Sup Forums to spread propaganda.

>almost 2018
>still believing that Sup Forums isn't manipulated to fuck by corporations

>every law ever made about net neutrality, ever

such as?