Serial Experiments Lain

what exactly is it about this anime that makes it so tremendously appealing to autists?

Other urls found in this thread:

fauux.neocities.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

D E E P
E
E
P

Bait, but I recommend Boogiepop Phantom to anyone visiting this thread.

probably Lains tremendous autism

>empty-eyed staring
>mouth agape 200% of the time
>can't string more than 10 words together when communicating with another human being face to face
>inability to sympathize with others
>unaware of immediate danger to her personal safety

She brought us salvation in return for love.

Because I REALLY fucking enjoy shows that I don't quite understand and have to work at to piece together.

Cute girl finds her creepy

>a anime about a girl how loss herself into web and reject reality
>dont see the appealing
pls leave

Well I'm just to this so had watched this so for the first time, and resposit to OP inquest.

To the statement, that is given Was it anischemia? Y E S. With the epicurrence in clear watch. Starting to take for the 1nd epistle onto the 3nd of decadent epistle, you do watch that the Serial Experiment's Lain, the primarchial charate Serial Lain Serial Lain lain experiments' Lain, shows-and-tells the displays of anischeralism.

On the 1nd && 2nd epistle, the Protogenitor Rain slows enlarge mass of emotional inertia to reactions of humanial intercourse such that
>Suicide Girl (The spirits' missage does not phase) and the
>Drug Addiction (Direct virulence no transition).
As well Mesential epistles for inane 5nd on the
>collapse of the sesterial aldogenitor
as also decadent epistle and 1nd of decadent epistle wherein
>destruction of the Disciples and Jesus yet no enshamblement

To continue, an innatural onsciscience with the digital taims despite a life of separation signals the innate powers anischeralism. Entroning, this abscession to future digital taims a piece of key for discosis of Anischemia.

Entroning, the FATHER, serial Lain's Experiment Father's preprotogenetor shows-and-tells the SAME DISPLAYS of anischeralism. Bountiful abscess to the ass similar, probably downregulated preprotogenetor into protogenetor aldogenitor os wald.

Entroning, complete LACK of soschemial FUNCT displays Lane to unhold the nonexplicate signals of interaxion very easily (a show-and-tell display). Unknown of the others and display emotional often misses humanial space and signals such as when in watching the auxilar Arisu.

1nd last, such as occasional oversensing like of the Red Lights Knights cause overpowering force on emotional inertia unscene elsewere.

Not up to God denights these conclutory facts, undesputed. Hopefully, this helped?

Well congrats you proved the op.

Are you having a stroke?

You're just a little late to the meme, I think. This word salad about "anischeralism" tends to float around Lain threads.

As for Lain's appeal, I think that there's a certain mode of storytelling that leans heavily on abstraction, metaphor, and general surrealism. This creates ambiguity, and the ambiguity creates a mystique and invites the viewer's mind to assign it a greater meaning. As a result, I suspect viewers tend to either get nothing from the experience at all, or receive it with almost religious fascination. The former regard it as meaningless 2deep4u trash; the latter cherish it deeply. It ends up being very personal, and neither is really wrong.

The same applies to plenty of other shows with similar sensibilities, like NGE, Utena, Haibane, Tehnolyze, Rahxephon, etc.

Every fucking Lain thread

because its good

>implying this isnt op

Fuck outta hea Digi, this ain't youtube.

It is unironically because of the philosophical depth and the art-house approach. Nothing comes close to Lain in tone and breadth

autistic lainposter a BEST

you put that very well, I wish I wasn't so autistic and could come up with a well-said response such as that

Shit, I think I'm Lain.

this has to be the creepiest GIF I've ever seen

>those beady eyes

holy shit

>philosophical depth
elaborate

Why, you must have heard it all before in these threads if not experienced it in the show. There are a lot of topics brought forward for the audience to mull over.
People who think the Aliens were a red herring are stupid. They have narrative and tonal import, same thing with the psychic experiments.

Autist here, can confirm

Is anyone else obsessed with Lain's eyebrows? They're better than Mugi's from K-ON!

Play the game you idiot
It explains a whole bunch of things

>game
It's an alt world. Same one as the manga iirc

They're nice and all but Mugi's are on another level.

I don't speak moongook you nip fuck

go get nuked

There's a translation pdf out

>Starting watching because of Sup Forums
>Show seems to be about technology and its effects on people for the first 8 episodes
>Last 4 episodes are about aliens, the collective subcouncious of the Earth, Fake God, God, something about Lain being a program?

Fuck this show. It's not even 2deep4u it's just retarded. The show has a cool style, but the narrative is fucked all to hell.

If I had to choose between hugging lain or holding her hand, I'd touch her eyebrows

Also a translated PSX version
Not to mention web conversion

>mommy drank during gestation because she'd give birth to a weeb and now the weeb babby is too dumb to understand an anime made for 14 year old Japanese girls

>manga

w-WHAT

>he hasn't read the 'Lain goes to therapy' manga

It is too deep for you. The first episodes weren't even about technology. They were using it as allegory.
>too shallow to understand allegory retrospectively
That's sort of sad

>because she'd
>implying that causality is correct
How would she know it was a weeb before birth? If she drank in response to weebyness she'd have to know before hand.

The problem is you guys are completely wrong. No sane human who watched this understood what the fuck they were trying to say the first time. Even forums dedicated to this shit are filled with "I don't know but..." "I think that..." "Well basically it's..." type of discussion.

It's avant-garde, which I can appreciate but the meaning escapes everyone who watches it so it just fails. You can regurgitate plot details but if we sat together and I made you explain the significance of every line you would have no way of explaining 70% of the shit that goes on. Proceed to call me a retard, this show is for people who want to feel superior by pretending to understand something that was meant to be interpreted yourself anyway you wanted.

Is it good? Is it the same arc as in the game? Does the art suck (make lain look like anime girl #663732279)?

>No sane human who watched this understood what the fuck they were trying to say the first time
So you're saying that the people here being insane is more believable than you being unable to grasp it? I don't think so.

>Lain's cute kuma jammies
>Lain's cute asymmetrical hair
>Lain's cute autism

I never called you insane, but don't act like this shit is intuitive or that it's not pretentious as fuck.

>t-they're just pretending to be enlightened!

2DEEP
D
E
E
P

I think it's pre and during the game. It's the same psych that she was going to, at least.
As for wether it's good, I don't really know. I prefer the show and don't really like the game universe (mostly because I haven't played it but partly because it's not the show universe). I think it's a safe bet to assume that you're going to like it if you liked the game.

>tfw no Lain gf
>tfw no Lain to protect and cuddle with

>Duvet by BoA
>17,384 plays on iTunes

who else /serial autismus lain/ here?

>no sane human who watched this understood what the fuck they were trying to say the first time
>I never called you insane
Sure, you implied it. The point is this:
a) I like the pretense
b) I found it both insightful and tonally intuitive. They refer to a lot of broad topics in off hand lines and never repeat them. If you know what they were talking about a lot of pieces fall into place. I suppose, if you didn't, you would be very confused. The whole KIDS arc has loads of little references to other real world things or philoshophical musings, for example.

Rewatch it, if you really want to.

>i tunies
Nice try inverse Satan, you're not autistic at all

>what exactly is it about this anime that makes it so tremendously appealing to autists?
AND YOU DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND

When I said no sane person understood it their first time that doesn't mean only insane people can understand it. Just that if you're going to sit there and say the clusterfuck of disconnected narrative they puked at you in the final episodes made sense on your first watch that you're full of shit.

I want to cure Lain's autism with my hugs.

>I didn't mean what I meant
>just because that is the only logical conclusion to draw from that statement doesn't mean it was my intent
No wonder you don't seem to understand

I'm kind of curious. What, in your opinion, is the tone of Serial Experiments Lain?

Actually now that I think about it he did recommend that. Either way good stuff.

You don't seem to get reading comprehension or logic. All I said was, and by the way this was hyperbole you fucking retard, that if you're sane you didn't understand the first time. That means you can be sane and understand it, just not on the first time.

Can somebody explain that fucking alien to me please? Why was there an alien? Seriously what the fuck? That doesn't make sense. At all. And why did it wear Freddy Kruger's sweater?

But I understood it the first time, friendo.
I know it was hyperbole, and I called you on being so dramatic. To pretend that it wasn't logically retarded isn't in your best interest, it was.

>alien
I watched it once while half asleep but I don't remember any aliens

She Alien mask is just a carry over from other concepts. Look to all the Roswel type stuff.

No you fucking didn't. They went from talking about US Presidents to aliens to the sub-unconscious of the Earth to the existence of a Fake God and then there's a real God too yadda yadda yadda.

You're fucking saying you saw all the lampshading about there being both a Fake God and Real God and that Lain was some Jesus type figure and not one line of that Fake God monologue didn't make sense to you? You're full of shit and you know it so just stop.

assburger protagonist + technological themes + convoluted story no one actually really gets = the pseudointellectual autist's poster child for "anime only we are intellectual enough for"

They started talking about the unconcious before Lain ever accessed the Wired you mongaloid. How do you think people access the Wired? What is the Wired? It's not the internet, I'll give you that tip for free.
This is getting sad, please stop.

There's no definitive meaning to any of it, the creator himself said it was an experimental stuff with the intent of Western and Eastern audience reaching different conclusions, that's why it's called Serial EXPERIMENTS Lain

Way to address only one of my points and not even fully dismissing it at that. Look at and you're just an autistic asshat you can't even lower yourself enough to admit not even one single element of this show slipped by you on a first run. There's not a single person who believes you, you can like Lain but stop acting like you're the one guy who got the show right away.

Was the whole show just a giant jojo reference?

Getting the show and having the entirety of it worked out are two different things. People catch stuff in even the most simple pieces of media. People 'get' things like that. They understand it in principle. They comprehend the show as a whole.

There are some shows people don't 'get' despite a great understanding of the minutia. Did I pick up on every single tiny piece? No. Did I get it narratively and tonally? Yes. Did you? No.
That doesn't mean you have to freak the fuck out over it and it certainly doesn't mean that I can't still pick stuff up.

This is some weaponised autism

>Did I get it narratively and tonally? Yes.
bls respond

Hell yes for haibane

cereal eggs and mints plantain
cerebral autismus game
serious existential strain
suicide excruciating pain

Way to move goal posts
>They refer to a lot of broad topics in off hand lines and never repeat them. If you know what they were talking about a lot of pieces fall into place. I suppose, if you didn't, you would be very confused. The whole KIDS arc has loads of little references to other real world things or philoshophical musings, for example.

I don't give a fuck about your "tonal" understanding of this show, nobody does. You were saying you understood why all the little bullshit came up when it did when you clearly didn't. I was able to keep up with the show but didn't immediately get why they brought stuff up at the end that I, and literally everyone else on Earth, thought came out of nowhere and was disconnected from everything else. I understood the "tone" and even though "narratively" isn't a word I understand what happened in the story. You're just the typical pretentious Lain autist who can't admit he's just as dumb as everyone else.

You lack reading comprehension, and you're retarded.

Nice dubs friendo

Shut the fuck up.

There's nothing in existence that you could pick up everything in one viewing. Even in simple works, you'll catch more things on another watch.

Lain is a complex show that often seems nonsensical, but that doesn't mean it's absolutely impossible to understand. Just because you're close minded and can't understand anything that isn't spoon-fed to you doesn't mean that anyone else on Sup Forums is subject to your mental handicaps.

>when ur brain breaks

I still wondering what the hell anischeralism means

madoka ripped off lain, rite?

>Sup Forums is so dumb and degenerate they shitpost in a fucking Lain thread

As an aspie, I found Lain's struggle to connect with everyday people very interesting and reflective. Seeing her become god and everyone forgetting her broke my heart.

muh 2deep4me and relatable mental illness.

also fauux.neocities.org/

Op is bait, this thread was doomed from the start.

It's serial experiments, not parallel experiments, and a LOT of the anime makes more sense if you consider them all in the same timeline. The Lain in the game ages from 10 to 13, and she is 14 in the anime. Also, the entirety of episode 10 makes a lot more sense if you accept the game as canon. You also have to realize that most of the dialog between the 2 gods are from swapped perspective. Lain talks from Eiri's POV and vice versa.

She starts off as a sperg whose conversations start and end with a single word, but then discovers the internet. She discovers the power of anonymity and gains confidence through a persona, which eventually transforms into real life confidence. However, the difference between her internet (wired) persona and the real world persona becomes too large and ends up having bad effects on her real life interactions.

She's basically a Sup Forums user.

>HURR DURR IM SO FUCKING RETARDED I CANT UNDERSTAND AN ANIME FOR LITTLE GIRLS