Noragami 71

>It's an everyone falls on their swords for Yato and Yukine episode.

>won a fight
>took all the blame
That's why I hate main characters.
Yato a cute though.

>RIP Tsuyu
>Ebisu best boy
>Pray for Daikoku

WHERE THE FUCK IS KAZUMA?!

Didn't they catch him? Or am I remembering wrong?

He's there, but I think he's sentenced to death too for what Bishamon did. Not sure if they'd accept his head, but it would be the perfect redemption for him. He's been having death flags for a while, and it'd be a way to apologize to Yukine.

He was a shit-tier hafuri anyway.

Has Yato ever shown this shadow power or whatever it is? I cannot remember any other instances.

Holy shit a Noragami thread

I think the crispy corrupted 'aura' and the darkened eyes are from the blight, since it happens right after Yukine remembers about his dad. It was previously shown in Yato during Yukine's ablution and Bishamon during her arc. Not sure if that includes that strange shadow thing, though.

I don't think it has anything to do with the blight. He seems to activate and deactivate that thing at will, so I'm more inclined to believe it's Yato’s natural power that only comes out when he reverts back to his past self or something.

On another note, Take is actually growing on me. I didn't like him much in the beginning but he is sure coming around.

I swear to god if Daikoku dies I'm going to skin a cat

This arc is nuts. The status quo is no more.
Kazuma probably resents Yato now.
I don't even know how Yato could look Tenjin in the face anymore.
If Daikoku dies I'm going to cry some man tears.

Daddy dearest is such a damn good villain.

Dad did nothing wrong

If Daikoku dies, I can't see Kofuku and Yato being friends anymore

>I don't even know how Yato could look Tenjin in the face anymore.
Yeah this. The guilt must be unbearable.

What happened to Bishamon? Last chapter I read Yato was fighting for her.

>implying Daikoku will die

I could see Kofuku being permanently traumatised.

Would you prefer them as lovers instead?

But if Daikoku doesn't die, who does? Someone got slashed. Did Kazuma get in the way like he did in Bishamon arc? Cause I can't see this whole thing being resolved with the covenant. They've taken it too far for Yato to win with this game now.

when she was cutting daddy's neck, Yukine freaked out and as a result Yato cut her down.

She fell to earth unconscious and fading, and Hiyori is trying to protect her from gods that are coming to finish her off.

The god that found them is just talking to Hiyori though.

>But if Daikoku doesn't die, who does?

Ama's sacred treasure.

Although I can see Kazama interfering.

I think she offs herself if he dies, I don't think she could take remembering

I'm just a little confused. What exactly determines which guidepost vs. sacred treasure gets to live? Amaterasu tries to chop both heads off and the one with more willpower survives?

That's yet to be explained, but it's probably related to how corrupt Heaven is and whatever is making Amaterasu act like a bitch now.

I doubt Daikoku will die. But it's still sad to see Tsuyu go so quickly like that

I don't understand why Amaterasu was so eager to save Yato only to be so eager to cut him down now. Is she, in her own way, trying to save him?

W-what is happening? I dont want this. Bring back the happy times

Was Yato made only to suffer?
Why can't he just be happy?

season 3 when I dont want to spoil myself now waaa

>season 3 when

Never. Read the mango, it's way better.

Read the manga. The art is pretty and the direction is way better than the finale of ss2

damn what I love about the anime is its godtier OST
manga alone just feels incompleted

tenjin sama's guidepost died? just like that? heaven is so cruel. DONT KILL DAIKOKU IM BEGGING YOU

Did they show Yukine's flashback this chapter or skipped over it?

I want to kiss Hiyori.

Nothing yet. But we still have plenty of suffering to make for it.

Then read the anime and listen to the OST you dum-dum

>read the anime
Read the manga*

k

He said 'dad', so I'm pretty sure he's starting to remember.

Jesus christ this cliffhanger

Go away, Yato

>everyone fucking dies; the arc

But Yato wants to kiss Yukine.

Ikr
Too bad i cant read it because im not caught up

Have fun guys, bishamon best girl

>tfw one of the best shonen manga currently being published is ignored by Sup Forums

What is Amaterasu even trying to do?
Why did she save Yato during the ebisu arc?

What the fuck is "Heaven"?

> they just blew tree cake's head off
holy shit, i love atheism now

The government of the gods essentially.

Better ignored than shitposted so hard, you wish it was ignored

>only one person died until now, the arc
>it was an irrelevant side-character nobody cared about

this whole covenant stuff is retarded and poorly crafted anyway

>if someone question the law of heaven by using a judiciary tool especially created to question it, but is found to be in the wrong, he must suffer for questionning it, because fuck him
>to question the law, 3 guys will have to die no matter no matter the result (right or wrong) in a best-of-3 beheading contest
>2 other guys will have to volunteer to risk the lives of the guidepost (on top of the guy questionning the law)
>winning 2-1 means you're right, that's just too bad for the one who supported you and died while you were right, but hey, tough luck, shikataganai
>even winning 3-0 still mean 3 guy died in the process
>beheading contest outcomes are determined seemingly at random without any explanation for anything, just deal with it

>this whole covenant stuff is retarded and poorly crafted anyway

That's the point. Heaven is retarded.

Yatos dad did nothing wrong.

Heaven is all sorts of fucked.

>as a result Yato cut her down
Damn, the poor guy can't catch a break.

I couldn't handle that.

If Yato survives will he finally join his dad in destroying heaven? He's strong enough to.

So this guy is the Haifuri's original master?

Please spoil me, is there any romance in the manga?

That's what I also thought.

There is, but its development is very sparse. It's mainly focused on action and mythology.

Top right panel suggests that he's going to come save the day, calling that slash at the end of the most recent chapter being him interrupting.

If nothing else, that does sound like the kind shit you'd find in mythology.

Christ I can't wait another month for this, please let Daikoku and Yukine be okay. Heaven is so fucked up I almost want Yato to team up with his dad to overturn it. But his dad is just as bad in a different way.

RIP plum tree, you were too good for this world.

well, yeah, pretty much

arbitrary decision because muh unquestionable omnipotence, inferior beings can go fuck themselves

The covenant is probably based on the covenant between Amaterasu and Susanoo.

"The texts also tell of a long-standing rivalry between Amaterasu and her other brother, Susanoo. When he was to leave Heaven by orders of Izanagi, he went to bid his sister goodbye. Amaterasu was suspicious, but when Susanoo proposed a challenge to prove his sincerity, she accepted. Each of them took an object of the other's and from it birthed gods and goddesses. Amaterasu birthed three women from Susanoo's sword while he birthed five men from her necklace. Claiming the gods were hers because they were born of her necklace, and the goddesses were his, she decided that she had won the challenge, as his item produced women." from Wikipedia-senpai.

I don't even see the logic, but hey, it's not like religious stuff is known for making sense.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It almost seems to be a critique of religion since they're calling Heaven out for their BS.

>According to Papyrus Chester-Beatty I, Set is depicted as trying to prove his dominance by seducing Horus and then having intercourse with him. However, Horus places his hand between his thighs and catches Set's semen, then subsequently throws it in the river, so that he may not be said to have been inseminated by Set. Horus then deliberately spreads his own semen on some lettuce, which was Set's favorite food. After Set had eaten the lettuce, they went to the gods to try to settle the argument over the rule of Egypt. The gods first listened to Set's claim of dominance over Horus, and call his semen forth, but it answered from the river, invalidating his claim. Then, the gods listened to Horus' claim of having dominated Set, and call his semen forth, and it answered from inside Set. However, Set still refused to relent, and the other gods were getting tired from over eighty years of fighting and challenges.
Mythology in general is pretty entertaining

Goddammit. Why Tsuyu?

too good for this world

I'd say that Shoukoku no Altair is slightly better than Noragami, but I'll be damned if I don't adore Noragami, too.

what's so good about Altair other than the amazing turks shooting thru full plate with shortbows while riding horses on shields?

It's WWI set in the 1700s. Everybody likes WWI, what with the huge leaps in military technology and tactics.

>>It's an everyone falls on their swords for Yato and Yukine episode.
I never asked for this.

someone should Adamjensen it

> end of the arc
> everybody goes home
> last page is Tenjin, at his temple, standing in front of a withered plum tree
> a single tear slides down his cheek

This is alllll Bishamon's fault.

Well, it all happened because Yato's dad was being a cunt again. But yeah, had Bishamon not snapped, this everything wouldn't be happening so it's actually her fault.

If she had just been a little smarter or resisted her revenge boner for just a few more days, this all could have been avoided.

Now a bunch of people are dead because of her (most of which she killed personally) and in the process manages to screw the two people closest to her, Yato and Kazuma.

She's a god of war, fixing things by beating them is how she does things. Over and over again she's shown to be unable to resolve things peacefully even when she tries. Usually she'll ignore problems and hope they resolve themselves and when they don't, she goes berserk and destroys everything. Bishamon can't into subtlety or cunning. She relies on Kazuma to navigate her through politics but he can't help her fight heaven itself (or so she thinks).

Fucking this, it has everything for a manga, great art, story, characters

It doesn't get the recognition it deserves

But then again, it's better than a thread full of shitposting

she's retarded.

s2's plot is based on the fact that when presented with multiple options, she'll choose the really dumb one, every. single. time.

Yeah, sort of. But on the other hand, she's the only person trying to do anything about dear old dad instead of letting him do whatever he wants.

Heaven are such idiots who gave them the right to decide anything? Yatos dad is right heaven should be destroyed

He might be right but his methods are wrong.

Daily reminder fem love interest is a literal slut

Worst goddess, would not seek employment with.

Sounds something right up Heaven's alley

Or, everyone lives, the episode.

Plum waifu already ded tho

Kazuma next

>everyone lives
Fuck you.

She was a fucking tree, who cares.

>Armed with celestial weapons gifted by the deities and decked with divine ornaments, Durga rode into the battle field and challenged the demons for battle. Mahishasura's entire army, led by demons like Chikshur, Chamar, Asiloma, Vidalaksha, Durdhara, Durmukha, Mahahanu and many more, attacked Durga simultaneously. But Durga slew all of them with unparalleled fearlessness. An enraged Mahishasura attacked Durga in the guise of a buffalo. But Durga bound him in this form with ropes. The buffalo then morphed into a lion and leapt on Durga, but she beheaded it with her sword. At this, Mahishasura began to fight with his sword. Durga pinned him down with a torrent of arrows. Mahishasura assumed the form of a giant elephant and tugged at Durga's mount, itself a lion. Durga lopped off the trunk of the elephant with her sword and freed her lion. The elephant turned into a buffalo and charged at Durga. Durga flung her trident and beheaded Mahishasura, finally killing him.
>all those asspull powers
Was the Hindu mythology written by Kubo?

Well the Gods in this fictional universe were birthed from the will of mankind so ultimately it's mankind's fault

Hindu myths are basically anime on crack, if I remember.

>kill dad
>die because he's the only thing that keeps you existing
>don't kill dad
>everyone you love gets manipulated
Catch-22 sucks