Is ignoring beggars on the street a bad thing?

Is ignoring beggars on the street a bad thing?

Is one a horrible citizen for doing so?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PgjvPiYNoDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's serious business and some of these beggars are more well-off than you

You're enabling parasitic behavior by giving into them. There was this one lady in my town who would ask for money to feed her baby...we later found out she was just borrowing her friend's baby to get heroin money.

It depends. If it's in western europe no, because the welfare system is so solid that it's actually impossible to be begging, so whoever does it is either a criminal or very retarded.
In poor countries, maybe? If you have some money to throw away

Change can only come from within, not another mans pocket.

KEK!

You feed the birds, more birds will come. Homeless are no different

Lots of homeless shelters out there. It doesn't make sense for them to beg

If you feed them they will breed more.

Also, the majority of poor soles you see on the street are professionals that make a good living trying to convince you to just give them money. the real poor ones just use your money to be drugs and alcohol.

youtube.com/watch?v=PgjvPiYNoDc

As I get older and having lived in bigger cities most of my life I've just gotten sick of seeing them.

On the street you can choose to ignore or give to them, up to you. But when they get on a subway train, a captive audience, and have some bullshit song and dance routine then I think I get more of an urge to tell them no to their face because I know they're defrauding people and doing so in a way that it's unavoidable.

At base, it's not inethical to ignore them because most of them are lying drug addict grifters and you have no obligation to fund their degeneracy if you don't want to.

Most hobos in America are crazy or drug addicts/alcoholics who somehow burned every family and friend bridge in their life. They're homeless for a reason.

Personally, the ones that trigger me the most are those that yell

>PLEASE, FEED MY CHILD

this
whenever you're seeing someone with a 'I'm hungry sign' or something similar, they will almost always spend that money on alcohol and/or other drugs
it is impossible to starve here if you don't want to because of all the shelters
>t. worked in the Heilsarmee for a year

Might not be their child. Probably isn't.

This is a professional street beggar. He is an actor by training. He makes about $200/hour but he is really good at it.

We have social welfare in Australia, social housing, fortnightly payments by the government. Free healthcare.

The people you see on the street here are there becuase they want to be, becuase they won't conform to societies rules, theyre throwing the longest tantrum they can.

It's why we stab them at night.

>It's why we stab them at night.

ask yourself this: by a supposed act of kindness, do you change anything in their life, or just encourage them to keep coming to the same place tomorrow, asking for more?

money given to beggars NEVER changes their life, it's not like he's saving up for something special, just gonna blow them on liqueur and drugs

Nope.
...ignoring a hungry kitty when you have food on hand is much worse though.

They rake in more money than me working a legitimate job.

>beggars on the street a bad thing
Money? Fuck that. When I was 16 I got a hold of a water fire extinguisher,a friend and I would charge it up and drive around town spraying bums, just roll the window down enough to point the hose out, they never seen it coming until too late... fun times indeed

This. People don't realize how much they often manage to drag in

Look at africa.

You guys are like Jews. Have some compassion. I'm surprised you don't want to tax and charge rent from their cups while they sleep in the streets.

Theres a lot of fake "pro" beggars out there. Many are also drug addicts that got kicked outof shelters who dont deserve ur money anyway

>give some homeless fuck some change i had in my pocket
>faggot starts swearing because i didnt give him more

Havent haded out gibs since then

I could give a shit less about street beggars.

The ones that piss me off though are the cunts that think they are industrious and try to clean my windshield with their pisswater expecting a tip even as you wave them away

Depends on the kind of beggar. In Western Europe you see a lot of Romanian beggars who get dropped off from a fancy car in the morning, and picked up in the evening.

Supporting them is supporting a lucrative business model for eastern European organized crime.

Maybe if I can tell it's a legit homeless person. Too many panhandlers and those faggots that lie about needing a bus ticket. On the plus side you can get loud with them, give them a shove if they don't fuck off. If anyone call the cops it wont be you going to jail.

Mental illnesses make it impossible for some to get Hartz4.

The ones with dogs are almost always fucking fakers.

As a former begger in a first world country I can tell you that it is the easiest way to make money if you have the right mind state for it. You either need to have no shame/self respect or just be off in your own fucking world.

I never tried to profit from it, I would just ask for money when I needed food. It never took me more than 20 minutes to scrape together $10. I'm smart, young and attractive and looked the part as well. I have no doubt that if I put my back into it I could have made between $100 and $300 a day 6 days a week (Sunday is hard).

The guys doing this everyday are looking at about $100 a day which almost all goes on drugs.

first time i left my small town and went to Paris to work (fuck me right) was the first time I saw a beggar. I gave him 2€. Then another one, only gave him 1€. Then another one, then another one and so on and so forth. There is no end.
Now, everyday I see between 15 and 20 bums. My salary can not cover their needs, it's barely enough just for me. So fuck them, my taxes already fund so many bullshit center and help programs, so now I look at them with anger and disdain. Fuck them for ever thinking we owe them anything.

>Any retard in Denmark can afford either an apartment or house just by being on welfare
>Still have beggars
Fucking alcoholics.

I rarely carry cash anyway. They should have been homeless in the 80s or 90s instead.

Beggars in my country will try to rob you at all chances, doesn't help that most of them do the equivalent of crack "Paco"

don't worry, you can swipe your card on their phone.

They should be rounded up and night and bathed in zyklon b.

How to be a professional beggar.

Get training. Acting, psychology, sociology.

Get experience. Working for a homeless shelter, hospice, or some other high emotional loss thing.

Get clothes, props and all to fit the part.

Set up in a busy rich ass place where people are working and making a lot of money.

Get protection. Gun (legal), big dog , local gang, defense training. You will have money on you and some real beggars might try to kick your ass...

Of course, being a professional, your job is to help people and make them feel better by donating money to what they think is some poor lost soul. You're a psychologist helping them.

For example if you look pretty healthy and you look like you have only been on the street a week.

"I just lost my daughter to cancer a few days ago. I spent every cent I had and I am in God knows how much debt... I have nothing now, I can even buy food..."

Refuse jobs, shelters and all that since you feel that "You need alone time now and you find comfort just being on the street." Don't talk too long to anyone since the more people you serve the more money you make.

Don't get too greedy and take more than a person really can afford. Have a little conscious at least. This will help with the police and people getting too mad if you get found out.

Pay taxes, get an accountant and person to sell physical items like watches and jewelry. You're a pro and you have to stay very legal.

And that's it! Work a few days or week a month, live in a nice house with a nice car, kids, wife and all. Making a good living helping people get over their guilt for being rich.

Never give anyone money, ever. Offer to buy food, however. Most will actually refuse that. They don't prioritize food, clothing, and shelter, but cigarettes, malt liquor, and probably hard drugs too.

In chicago I have no idea how homeless people afford to smoke. Packs are like $12-15. There must be plenty of suckers in the loop to milk dry

If you can spare a few cigarettes, they are often very thankful. Same goes with useful things like for example cough drops.

Also, I often have the feeling cigarettes aren’t really for smoking, but more of a currency in homeless circles.

>They should be rounded up and night

The pros never work or are around a night. They only work in broad daylight with plenty of people and cops around. You will never find them at night. Sometimes they even keep a small apartment or even office space to change clothes and store the props. Then they put on a suit and disguise and take the subway home along with everyone else.

Look for them with these tips and they are suddenly very easy to spot. Be sure to toss them a buck too. :)

Trust the Russian here if anything. Most people who are reduced to begging like that are ingrates, the worst of them being pregnant niggers. I've been burned more times than I care to admit.

Nowadays I just tell them I have nothing to give or to fuck off.

Wise words to cap.