What's the general consensus on Beerus and Whis as characters?

What's the general consensus on Beerus and Whis as characters?

there meme characters taylor made for plebby redditers

Broken as fuck but somehow the plot knows how to deal with their powers. They were not so decisive with Golden Frieza and Zamasu.

>whis
>not decisive agaians piss frieza

Save for that time when he turned back time because Frieza won

Imagine dealing with Beerus with no amazing earth food.

Can't blame the guy

They are both inferior to Champa and Vados

I wanna give Vados my babies.

Too bad Champa would probably eat them.

meme as fuck. Like the rest of Super

They were introduced 2 years before Super came out.

Yes but since battle of the Gods became an arc in Super it's basically the same

You'd think that Beerus would be a little more willing to kick ass if Bulma kept offering food, but whatever. Like said, they know exactly how to keep the conflict interesting instead of using the magic "delete this" button. And the first time they did it, they made damn sure no one would complain about it again.

shit

People confuse their characters with their usage.
Their base characters are fine, they're interesing in concept, likeable-sort-of, and with great visual design, a rarity for post-Z/GT dragon ball.

However, the writers have no fucking clue what to do with them, so they're annoying commentators/backup DEM and really really suck in the story.

>Broken as fuck but somehow the plot knows how to deal with their powers.
You mean it DOESN'T know how to deal with their powers, so they've become one-dimensional foodies and backup Deus Ex Machina.

I fucking love them. The concept for the characters is very interesting with the attendants of the Gods actually being superior to them. Not to mention that we finally have some characters for once that are actually above Goku & Vegeta which also helped them extend as characters that also helped build the multiverse of DB. Both the designs and the personalities of the characters are such that they fit roles of old school DB-like gags, DBZ style action jackson badasses, prowrestling style commentators, and even to some extent a DEM like the Dragon Balls themselves but with a different level of variety and dimension given to the kind of help they can give to the main characters.

They are the highlight of Super, encompassing everything DB while also helping expand its world through their backstories and bringing something new as a result.

They bring some good banter

and thrill whenever Beerus decides to (legitimately) play the bad guy
as nice as he is, he's still a Hakaishin and could fuck everything up whenever he feels like it

Love them.
Not only they have great personality and they are a lot of fun, but became the way to create an even bigger DB universe. Their design is also quite memorable, with Beerus being a skinny sphinx cat with clothes similar to egyptian outfits and Whis being a skinny tall guy, with a ceremonial outfit.

The strongest guys on the universe 7.

Could Beerus destroy Garlick or Immortal Zamasu?

Yes, there isn't anything Beerus can't destroy

Except Zenou-sama anyway

>The strongest guys on the universe 7.
that's Monaka

Angels

Beerus didn't challenge it when Goku said he wouldn't be able to destroy the immortal Zamasu, and Whis referred to sealing him, so I think Beerus can't destroy an immortal, only Zeno can. Also, Garlick only got immortality from Shenron, so I don't think it would be too hard for characters much stronger than him to wipe him out for good.

No it isn't FUCKING retard

THIS FOOD SURE IS TASTY

japanese "comedy". really hope they cut a lot of that for the dub.

I dislike how the characters have no problem hanging out with this unrepentant assholish mass murderer.
Even if you buy the "muh balance" excuse, Beerus is still a horrible person that abuses his power and doesn't give a shit about who he hurts, he actually takes joy in it.

You can't really cut out any of the THIS FOOD IS TASTY moments, best you can hope for is the dialogue to add actual jokes.

Idk. They hang around Vegita, Majin Buu, and Piccolo. I doubt adding one more to the mix will change all of that.

You said everything i wanted to say. I do like Beerus and Whis for the same reasons you posted. The two characters create a solid limiter for the cast and for the world itself

Probably the best things to come out of the DB revival.
I like how they still are top dogs on the power scale, with Goku and Vegeta not even close to being equal in power. Its how Gods should be, when the Supreme Kai first appeared they hyped him up as being ridiculously strong as fitting a God like he was, but then turned out that some monkeys who train a lot easily surpassed him and beat enemies he was worried about, it was stupid.

you forget that Beerus is the God of Destruction. What else did you expect from such a being? He has openly stated on more then one occasion that his job in the universe to is to destroy planets and people who don't fit into the scope of balance that must be maintained. Destruction is not kind, loving, or merciful.

Destruction is also not necessary. Seriously, what actual purpose does Beerus destroying planets whose food he doesn't like actually serve in the grand scheme of things? Nothing whatsoever. They keep telling us about this "balance" but never explain what it's actually about. What would happen if Beerus didn't do anything?

not to mention if it's supposed to be a balance of destruction and creation, we dont see the Supreme Kai actually doing his job.

Is super even going to air in America? Will anyone give a shit about le ebin food jokes and Dr slump crossovers?

fpwp

He wouldn't be able to kill Zamasu. Zamasu is completely and utterly immortal. The Super Dragonball wishes are no jokes my man, they're probably Zeno tier.

>Zamasu is completely and utterly immortal. The Super Dragonball wishes are no jokes my man, they're probably Zeno tier.
Zeno erased Zamasu from existence, so even the Super Dragon Balls have limits.

They are one of the few things everyone likes about nu-dragonball

>meme

i don't think you know what that word means