Is amateur motorsport the most redpilled hobby?

Is amateur motorsport the most redpilled hobby?

>hypermasculine
It's pretty much all dudes, and it's an agressive and competitive environment
>expensive
Fewer plebs around
>high trust environment
Everyone is instant friends, expensive shit gets left laying around and nothing is intentionally stolen
>teamwork and striving towards a shared goal

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NMcN6SQrtcw
fox6now.com/2017/08/14/officials-3-killed-at-great-lakes-dragaway-were-known-gang-members/
youtube.com/watch?v=f8QXTI8pHIY
youtu.be/1NjSIZfG5rk?t=3m24s
humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime
youtu.be/mPHnfcg6sPA?t=76
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot-induced_oscillation
youtube.com/watch?v=lDfRD9QnU34
youtube.com/watch?v=faB5bIdksi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NhHVkfLJ3pg
youtube.com/watch?v=oU1_br0xUiI
youtube.com/watch?v=qNnrCKi4-js
youtu.be/PGbuRUAX1Vs
youtube.com/watch?v=l4j_B3X8Qt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

of course it is

going fast is redpilled

Hell yeah.

That RX-7 has the rear wing off a Peugeot 905.

Yes. Only Alpha males can feel the car as a natural part of their body. There is no lag either. Racing simulators have an intrinsic lag between wheel and screen, too much for a trained hand - it's like driving with broken/loose bolts at the steering wheel.
youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ

Depends, it is getting "diversified" too lately. And from a yuropoor perspective: no. Most don't even work on their own cars themselves, but get local mechanics to do them as sidejobs for them
t. unemployed automotive mechanic (thanks EU!)

for sure. watching improved producion races at bathurst right now. good racing

>of course it is

this.

If your rig is good enough the lag is manageable, especially with a decent force feedback wheel and a high framerate monitor. It's not a replacement for the real thing, but simulators are great for learning a track you've never been to or brushing up.
It's amazing that the Aussies actually do professional coverage of amateur races, this video made the rounds a while back and it's awesome:
youtube.com/watch?v=NMcN6SQrtcw

if you don't think car stuff is cool fuck you

Nice Evo faggot. Track or Daily Driven?

Yes. Doesn't matter what you race, could be a car, bike, boat or hovercraft, its about as raw as it gets and is not for the limp wristed. Only thing stopping me from doing it is a lack of a garage.

I mean you'd think it would be, and I'm sure is for the most part, but one of my co-workers and his brother are really in to it, and they are huge anti-Trump, anti-gun faggots.

daily with some track use. tein EDFC active pro suspension really makes it drivable but still easy to set up on race day

your thinking of guns, all the people i knew who did Motorsports were cucky asians.

if you are a guy and don't like cars, i think you are a faggot. *honestly believe this.

Best motorsport coming through.

Are there any amateur endurance racing series in the UK? Here in the US we have LeMons and Chumpcar at the low end and AER and WRL in the higher end. The groups like NASA and SCCA have endurance races as well but the four groups I mentioned are fully dedicated to the endurance format.

You can split the car and all the expenses among a team that way, and only need one garage.

I really wish I had a track nearby, it'd give me a reason to upgrade the suspension on my S13

Yes. I'm joining SCCA next year with my daughter who is going to drive my Miata, but we've been following IMSA for years and have been to several races.

When you have 4 or more kids, nothing is a cheaper ticket in all of sports, and the drivers are mostly good role models and take the time to meet and talk with kids. It's nothing like niggerball or the NFL.

not mine but appropriate

Two wheels Faggots!!!

Kidding! Love 4 also. Pro and SCCA, IMSA, Solo 1, 2.

That doggo is a cute!

CUTE!

is that because niggers can't afford it? Only cunt's I know who do it are whites and asians, some poo in loos

If by "redpilled" you mean "shitskins typically aren't good enough at it to keep it as a hobby" then yeah, I guess.

>Clip
The average hobby driver would kill themselves halfway through an attempt at a lap even 2/3 as aggressive as that one. Don't pretend for a second that you drive your car like that either. The caravan would flip right over, you dumb gypsy.

>most get local mechanics to work on their cars
>t. unemployed mechanic
Huh?

Simulators are great for not killing yourself driving the way you actually want to on something like the death trap that is the Nürnburgring, and without paying all of the money. Especially with VR, it's a pretty good experience.

Probably shouldn't do track with your daily driver, it's just not a good idea.

That's because the US doesn't really have motorsports in the same way. The American understanding of "racing" is either pressing the gas pedal for a few seconds and seeing who gets there first, or pressing the gas pedal for a few hours and occasionally turning left.

>Smoothly driving the one line over and over and over and over and over
Might as well be driving a train. What's the point.

Yes.

Sebring Ford booth

a bunch of niggers killed each at the local drag strip a couple months back. trying to ruin another fun spot :|

i know. when the 4c's warranty is up and i can slap a tune, DP, and suspension on it it'll be the new track car

It's the only reason I want to save up for a house. I miss having a doggo. Not getting a pooch without a yard.

why? what did they do?

the doggos have they own house

fox6now.com/2017/08/14/officials-3-killed-at-great-lakes-dragaway-were-known-gang-members/

>all from the chicagoland area

WISCONSIN WALL WHEN?

stupid niggers and their gangs can't fucking keep that shit in their "hoods".
>oh shit jamal is racing his impala lets go shot that nigga because he dissed me

>same line over and over and over
At least try watching Indycar sometime.
It's a blast, not like what you suggested.
youtube.com/watch?v=f8QXTI8pHIY

>Is amateur motorsport the most redpilled hobby?
Yes but only if you're not a retard too many retards on track that can't fucking drive and get in the way or cause accidents.

>most redpilled hobby

most rednecked hobby

ftfy

>Country flag is literally a debris/oil on track flag from racing
You're a bit off on your assessment of racing in the US. NASCAR is the big press the gas and turn left fest, but I'm talking about amateur racing that is held on real road courses that a reasonably normal person can participate in.
There's amateur roundy round racing as well, if you go out in the country there are plenty of local dirt oval speedways.
I've been to the ring twice and I'm still alive. Didn't break the car either. Simulator practice helped for sure.
Tracking your daily driver is fine until you break it, which you will eventually.

You forget to mention that it turns young white men into future mechanical engineers if they actually go deep enough into the sport

Well the same line is the fastest way around. But that goes out the window when you're fighting someone for a position.

Indycars are slow as fuck compared to F1 though

True, I have friends from college who went off to work for automakers because of their involvement in Formula SAE.

I used to race dirtbikes back when I was in my late teens/early 20's. If you're looking for a hobby that's 100% white, get into quad/dirtbike racing. I only stopped because I shattered my ankle. Now I just putt around on a little 250 4 stroke.

>If your rig is good enough the lag is manageable

Nope. Look here (min 3:44)

youtu.be/1NjSIZfG5rk?t=3m24s

Ayrton Senna reacted in a tenth of a second. He felt the car with his spine - that is how you do the driving, not with the wheel or eyes. That's how he managed to have those lighting reaction times. Even 144 fps monitors with 1080ti have a 20-30ms intrinsic delay, then you have to add the time for the brain to decide and then time for the body to react. Most of the drivers have 150ms.

Not try this yourself. If you are over 200ms, you are a soyboy, or a girl.

humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

It's a meme flag, ya dip.

That whole "Yeah, 99% of our racing may be shit-tier, but muh local track anecdote", it's the muh microbrewery-argument all over again.
>>American beer is shit, it's so widely known that you even have games make fun of it (pisswasser, lit. piss water)
>N-No, this 0.0001% 2000 total sales a year microbrewery is b-better than mass produced country-wide distributions in europe

Simulator racing doesn't replace real racing of course. But for most people, they're not going to drive down a track that will actually kill you if you drive as fast as that guy (note how he passed everybody, i.e. normal people), or with any of the fancy cars. It's better to have an affordable second-hand car for racing, and drive "fast" (it'll feel fast) on your local track or something, and go on the more famous tracks in a simulator or just once every now and then for fun.

You're right, but a ton of fun to watch.
The closest an Indycar has been to a F1 car in recent years was 2014, F1 had a particularly slow year that year due to the new formula.
At COTA, the 2015(tested in November 2014) Chevrolet Indycar was only 2 seconds off the Mercedes pole lap which was roughly "mid-pack".
When 2018 rolls around there will be a 5-7 second delta at any given track between the cars.

Not really worth comparing ultimately.

Motorsports is a tremendous waste of time and money that could be used to improve living conditions for People Of Color in the USA and abroad.

>Don't pretend for a second that you drive your car like that either

My average speed on Romanian roads (in mph). Single carriageway, 2 lanes, maybe 3 or 4, from time to time. And yes, there are lots of cars, and even gipsy horse carriages (5 times more deaths per mile and 10 times the crashes than Europe, in general).

Since 1994 when I was 16 I drove 5 cars and more than 1 million miles on these roads. Old cars with large steering wheels have a completely different feel, much more precise. You can fell the road almost like the Stephan Rozer was driving at the time. Not that feeling is gone, it's a different world. You cannot feel each small bump or stone on the road.

>hobby that's 100% white
i got into sailing because of that

It is not red pilled at all, it is just a hobby for the rich consumerist or obsesses gearhead.

Shooting/martial arts, lifting and reading are the only red pilled hobbies

>Fewer plebs around
Definitely not. It's actually entertaining to see the driving instructors get better laps in a Mazda MPV than the guy in a 100K sports car.

Overall pretty redpilled and fun as hell.

I don't think it's fair to compare normal people to one of the best drivers who ever lived. Yes simulators don't have the g forces unless you have a megabuck rig and a lot of space, but they are good enough for practice and let you experiment with lines, braking points, and shift points in a safe environment. All the top pro teams use them.

That said, if you are "reacting" while driving then you have fucked up. You should be anticipating as much as possible before it happens, leaving mental bandwidth left over for reacting to the unexpected.

It's a meme country. I don't know their current status I haven't been following that nonsense.

>comparing professional NASCAR to amateur racing that a normal person can attempt
That wasn't the purpose of my post. Watching NASCAR is not a hobby. Preparing and competing with your own car against other maniacs like yourself is.

That's the number one fuckup people make. They buy a very fast car and have a hard time learning because the car hides your mistakes until the laws of physics say no more and put you in a wall. Much better to start with a miata or something and actually learn to drive well, but try convincing rich fucks with a 911 that they aren't the second coming of Senna.

Even better to start out karting.

It's up there, that's for sure. Honestly, everything you just described goes along with what I've seen at Jeep (or 4x4 in general) events, not just rednecks back in the local mudhole. It's funny going to Bantam Jeep Festival for example, because damned near every campsite has $200k+ worth of shit on them

I've heard that starting on FWD is good for learning weight transfer (good for beginners) and then RWD helps drivers learn oversteer and understeer control a bit better. AWD is a mixed bag since torque bias is different for each car.

One thing that's not quite as fun is all the misconceptions about driving fast and some outlandish lore in the car community.

youtu.be/mPHnfcg6sPA?t=76

> you should be anticipating as much as possible before it happens, leaving mental bandwidth left over for reacting to the unexpected.

Exactly. That's why I said Ayrton had that reaction time - he was anticipating with his spines, the car was felt in the vertebrae. In the bones. This is the only way you could drive at those speeds. This is why one simulator will ALWAYS have a lag, and not be accurate (you could have a rig with 8 1080ti in SLI, and hydraulics and so on, that's nothing compared to the real thing). This phenomenon was first discovered when planes introduced fly-by-wire technology. There was a delay between the command and the hydraulic movement, it amplified all the small errors and the pilot had to overcompensate with deadly consequences. In aviation it's called PIO (pilot induced oscillation), it almost crashed the first NASA Shuttle, and the F22 raptor at the first manual landing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot-induced_oscillation

That's why all the aerobatic planes have manual, actual wires from steel, not digital controls. No lag - and instant feedback all the time. (pic related -s ometimes I fly some Extras 300, btw).

But to come back ontopic, here's a legend you all could learn from:

"The duel with Gilles is something Ill never forget, my greatest souvenir in racing.He beat me in France, yes, says Arnoux, but it didnt worry me. I knew Id been beaten by the best driver in the world"

youtube.com/watch?v=lDfRD9QnU34

> FWD is good for learning weight transfer (good for beginners)

Nope, never. It's way better to learn from the start with RWD. You will learn all the inertia of the car much better and you will have a proper understanding of the trajectory, physics, everything, right from the start. It's like having a good teacher in the first years of school instead of a bad one.

Yes, it's way more dangerous. When you slide, you are gone. But again, if you approach this RWD thing step by step, at safe speeds, in the proper environment - say you will go in a big open space in the winter, with summer tires, at the first snow - you will learn very fast what are the limits of the car and different types of surfaces, and how you should drive knowing those limits all the time.

FWD is giving everyone a false sense of security and that's much more difficult to erase once it is in.

I've definitely experienced PIO in a flight sim when attempting in flight refueling. I suspect that refueling is easier to do in real life than in a sim. I may have had it in a driving sim or it might have just been an unrecoverable tank-slapper.
At lower horsepower levels the difference between FWD and RWD is pretty minor, but FWD cars eat through wheel bearings, front tires, and CV axles at a higher rate. They are also much more of a pain in the ass to work on because of the packaging constraints. The best starting cars for the amateur are Miata, BMW E30, and BMW E36, in no particular order

E46 too isolated for you?

Those are starting to get cheap enough to consider. The Spec E46 class is starting to get pretty lively as well.

its cool

but
>expensive
>dangerous
>wont make you fit
>req space for storage - not an issue for burgers

But not all people are the same, so I say drive.

Roadies are the biggest fags and a gigant pain in the neck for people who actually have to PAY to be on the road in/on their vehicle. Whenever a roadie is riding in the middle of the road, it gets the rear view mirror. I really don't care that they get hurt, it's their own god damn fault.

>wont make you fit
Correct. But being fit will make you better at it.
>dangerous
I think it's safer than driving on a public road desu

Best cost to fun ratio

God those tables scare the shit out of me, currently building an LS turbo car and I fear for this day

It's great, I'd do it if I could. But it's simply too expensive for most. Still redpilled though.

What the fuck is this madness. I want it.

>Roadies are the biggest fags and a gigant pain in the neck for people who actually have to PAY to be on the road in/on their vehicle.

piss of nigger, Im aware that road bikes are an issue but dont be a nigger and want to kill a cyclist for breaking a driving law. after all, cycling is an implicit sport so show some respect

>Correct. But being fit will make you better at it.

yeah, most good moto riders do intensive cardio exercises for focus and what not.

>I've definitely experienced PIO in a flight sim when attempting in flight refueling.

Yes, it's the same lag. A good analogy is with "mouse acceleration" tricks in a cheap hardware when the sensor is not very good. No matter how good you are, the instruments are limited - there is a delay in CPI (dpi etc), and the precision is sacrificed no matter what you do.

youtube.com/watch?v=faB5bIdksi8

But coming back to great drivers.

youtube.com/watch?v=NhHVkfLJ3pg

Or Gigi Galli in WRC. In my view, Schumacher accident symbolized the end of the great drivers in F1. When the pilot was more important than the car. Now I don't watch F1 anymore, I go with WRC. Much more fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=oU1_br0xUiI

Most people that can't work on cars are bluepilled normie faggots that can't into critical thinking or problem solving.

this
You would be surprised how incompetent people are when it comes to simple automotive repairs. I know plenty of people with cars that eventually fall apart because of bad maintenance.

>he's never heard of Bike Lyfe...
user I... youtube.com/watch?v=qNnrCKi4-js
We tried that, they didn't seem to appreciate it.

What shape is COTA track? I have a hard time beliving Indycars can pack the same amount of grip in corners as F1 do

I just think it's too finicky and difficult for most people. You bang yourself up, get dirty, claustrophobic, your back will hurt after a long enough job (a lift helps immensely with this). I do my own work on my car, sometimes it just sucks so bad though. You can't be a pussy, which is probably why less and less people are doing it. Also the cars themselves getting more difficult to do basic shit doesn't help anything.

Good to know. I do know a lot of FWD cars are set up to understeer so I guess that's where the good-for-beginners idea came from.

I own FWD hatch myself and have found the limits of the car rather quickly. Loves to lift-off oversteer which is getting easier to control even as the roads get colder.

Later on as I get out of higher education I'll probably go RWD. I'd still shy away from sports cars as I'd be hard pressed to find 2+ car ownership a hard deal to swallow, and I still have to be practical, like 100+ cubic feet (2800+ liters) practical. Mercedes finally sells the Vito here as a Metris so that's where I'll start on RWD. Better yet, it doesn't even eat tires like the other minivans do.

I also want to be as good as that driving instructor that smokes fast cars in a minivan. Gotta start with slow-car-fast if I want to ever hope to do this.

Personal watercraft is the white manlets sport

youtu.be/PGbuRUAX1Vs

Superkarts, 6 speed on full size circuits.
Even just the 125cc ones feel ridiculously fast when you're going that fast almost sitting on the ground.
youtube.com/watch?v=l4j_B3X8Qt0

It's in Texas, so it's shaped like a fucking shotgun of course.
A 4-door E36 or E46 is pretty large and practical and is secretly a sports car.

Mini stock fan here! This is good white family fun. After each race we drag a nigger to ITS death. Can't think of anything more culturally enriching

Yup.
It's also great for pointing out inherent biological differences between men and women.
They hate being told they're just worse at shit, and you can back it up by numbers.

Just knowing that is cool.

Dirt track, or you're a nigger

Is that a 68 Camaro?

Go with Superkarts, as says. That's a very good start, especially when they have some horse power (250 cc at least).

damn right

>the last few non-computer-assisted bmws
>men of taste
Tragically it's not enough space. Cargo volume and payload needs are a little high right now and I anticipate they'll get even higher as time passes. I'd probably be moving around for jobs so a second car would be harder to deal with. No more job security these days.

That's my fault for wanting it all.

I'll consider it, thanks user.

Took my car to the track last week, lots of fun with nice guys, almost all white men except for 1 black woman (married to a white guy) and 2 shitskins who were civilised. Good times

>pic related: corvette V8, 6 speed manual and made in the USA

Hell yea pic related

This. And I'm assuming you are aware of dirt track oval. People who say only left turns are full of shit. They only turn left for a half a second going into turn one and turn 3.

Wait, is car culture the last culture to have not been overtaken by niggers jews and women???

>pic related: corvette V8, 6 speed manual and made in the USA

Weird looking Corvette you got there bud.

He means it has the motor of a corvette. The entire running gear of that car comes from the corvette actually.

Anyone wanna form a "just larping" Nazi 24hrs of lemons team?