ITT: Series that are more popular in Europe than in America

It's interesting seeing all the series the French get official releases for long before America ever does.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CsQ5hGV3M9M
youtube.com/watch?v=PK5q0oGRzTU
youtube.com/watch?v=o8sHhPJpEWU
youtube.com/watch?v=zQj_vim6I80
youtube.com/watch?v=0CtGzj7NmSA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRLwC4wpMaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Saint Seiya

France is still the number 2 manga consumer no ? It would make sense that a lot of manga comes out there first

There's also series that France gets that America never gets. Hell some don't even get fan translations, like pic related.

Much more popular in Europe.

Just bought Jojolion vol.1 recently.
France is great.

They also just finished SBR and are almost done releasing Diamond is Unbreakable as well. Their release schedule for Jojo has been a little weird, but it's better than America's.

Still waiting

?

Anything by Jiro Taniguchi

My mistake, it seems that they had already released it and are currently re-releasing it because it's been out of print for years.

Obligatory.

youtube.com/watch?v=CsQ5hGV3M9M

Living in France or Japan is probably pretty cool for manga. I'm in Germany and I cant really complain, but it just isn't the same.

Is this good?
It's actually released in Poland too, I was thinking of buying it.

Rokudenashi Blues was huge in France. For some reason a lot of Yankii manga is big over there.

Pretty sure Fist of the North Star and Golgo 13 are way bigger in France than any other country outside of Japan.

French weeaboos get all the coolest stuff, the bastards.

since reset, manhole and duds hunt were great

So speaking about frog eaters, what do they think about their own not-anime?
youtube.com/watch?v=PK5q0oGRzTU
youtube.com/watch?v=o8sHhPJpEWU
youtube.com/watch?v=zQj_vim6I80

This makes me insanely salty.

I recommend it, says a lot about internet culture, vigilantim, trolling, society, unemployment/NEET and other themes.

None of those were released in America either, right?

Digimon.

>French weeaboos get all the coolest stuff, the bastards.
Maybe because they tend to actually buy things instead of pirating them like Western fans.

Ankama make good animation in my opinion. Wakfu has some pretty good episodes and ideas but I am not much of a fan. The movie was nice but it was strange how some parts were clearly for kids and other ones for grown ups with salacious jokes.

Talking about french animation...
Not long ago this one came out after a Kickstarter:
youtube.com/watch?v=0CtGzj7NmSA

It's very popular in Scandinavian counters, especially Finland.
Doesn't seem to popular anywhere else

Forgot pic

Not French, but Doraemon is HUGE in Spain.

I wish I took French instead of Spanish during highschool. I could have been reading French Zatch bell volumes right now.

Ouvre les yeux, regarde bien
Tu peux bondir plus haut et plus loin
Le monde que tu vois n'est rien qu'une image
Ecoute plutôt tes rêves les plus sauvages
Tant de mystères jamais dévoilés
Tant de chemins qu'il faut explorer
Est-ce donc ta destinée ?
D'être Shaman, Shaman King ?
D'être Shaman, Shaman King ?
Si la force est en toi
Oui, ce sera toi !
Tu éclaireras la Terre d'une tout autre lumière
Et tu te battras jusqu'en Enfer
Par le feu et par le fer
Pour être Shaman King !
Pour être Shaman King !

Vive la France.

I'm jealous. France gets all of JoJo before America does

Manga is big in France. So big that Asterix' author spent a good part of an album trying to shit all over it because he was butthurt.

Anything by Tetsuya Tsutsui is at least good-tier.

Sometimes I wonder why english scanlations teams aren't recruting french translators/scanners more actively.

>Sometimes I wonder why english scanlations teams aren't recruting french translators/scanners more actively.
I'd never thought of that. Although the idea of American weeabos working with French ones they'd never met is kind of funny.

You may only post in this thread if your country has a localized version of Franken Fran.

>instead of pirating them like Western fans
WAT?

France is east all of a sudden?

No, lots of mangaka are ouiaboos and like traveling to France or appreciating French art things

Everyone everywhere wants to travel to France for some goddamn reason. I mean the country is beautiful but is it really the most beautiful country in the world ?

As a French citizen, I can attest that it is. Paris is a bit overrated imo, but still better looking than most cities in the world

Paris is overrated, go in Alsace

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRLwC4wpMaU

I'm from Montpellier and the amount of tourists coming here every summer is stupid because the whole Herault/Languedoc has nothing to see in as does the rest of France.

Wine

I'm from Montpellier too

Funny thing we won't see each other ever

>UK just gets what America has translated
For fuck sake, it's a shame we don't have Europe's same market but then again manga isn't as popular here as say Capeshit is.

time to learn french. unless there some in spanish? im already trying to learn spanish

>Being French
>Seing something related to manga in France
>All the French people start to blog

GOD WHY

You could just learn Japanese it's easier

why would you lie to me?

For manga level at least

well I do just want to read manga and not necessarily speak it, but I've tried going to Sup Forums wiki and it all say you gotta speak it and theres like 4 types. were as in french or spanish, I can just speak it and naturally ill be able to read it since japanese doesn't print in romanji

well yeah maybe

do you buy the spanish or french manga on amazon? does ebay have some too?

ok then how would I get started. cause I am lost. I only ask cause theres a manga thats already finished but translations are slow and I already have it on my watchlist(nejimaki kagyuu) but I dont want to buy it cause I knoow it would take a long time and Im nto consistent wiht keeping up with ym training

finally finished reading this

soooo good

> wonder why english scanlations teams aren't recruting french translators/scanners more actively
Because french translations sucks most of the time. Reading manga in french makes me wanna throw up. I buy them only to have physical copies. The paper is nice btw, some editions are even better than the japanese ones.

go check the Daily Japanese Thread

Well, if we're really counting all of Europe and not just the UK, then basically anything that's actually good, and isn't too obvious a classic to ignore, has Italy and/or France's full attention and likely isn't even available in English, nevermind NA specifically. So, "everything;" everything worth reading is more popular in Europe than in America.

>french translations sucks most of the time
Why do you think that?