Why does Sup Forums hate this manga

Why does Sup Forums hate this manga

Other urls found in this thread:

yonkouprod.com/attack-titan-season-2-air-april-2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=1VDOGNE1oxo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no mangaka can beat george's comedy gags especially when takamura is involved.

Because its a long runner and Sup Forums would rather force their shitty oxygen memes which isnt even true, it happened once and was relevent for the fight it was in instead of actually talking about the manga.

despite what Sup Forums likes to sprout its still pretty good but pretty much everyone agrees that the pacific challenge was a mistake and made ippo look like a dumbass for no reason. pretty much the entire 120 chapter stretch of ippo's match with Gedo, Miyata vs RBJ otherwise good match ruined by a shitty ending and Woli is the low point of the manga but by the time Volg has his title match its back up to snuff.

It would have been better if they just let miyata lose and have Ippo fight RBJ.

>pretty much the entire 120 chapter stretch of ippo's match with Gedo, Miyata vs RBJ otherwise good match ruined by a shitty ending and Woli is the low point of the manga but by the time Volg has his title match its back up to snuff
That's good to hear. I dropped it after Woli, so I guess I can pick it up again.

People are divided on the Kojima match but you'll at least enjoy the shit talk. the manga gets back to where it should be after that. Woli was too much for alot of people and it ended poorly. I see what Mori was going for but the execution was shit.

Is there anything Sup Forums likes?

It might not be true but you cant deny how funny pic related is.

It is grating though when people come in and suggest stupid shit like ippo outboxing like they havent read the the series at all, or people who want a series about sendo who gets gets hit just as much if not more than ippo, theres a reason why all his fights have 4-7 round skips in them.

Honestly the first half of that is 100% accurate up to Ippo's fight with Date when Kamogawa clearly had no idea what the fuck to do with Ippo. until then more often than not Ippo was left to fend for himself. Granted back then Ippo also had more ingenuity.

>lolishit
>moeshit
>SnK
>Kishi's dick
>shitty shonen manga
>JIBUUUNN WOOOOO

What chapter is this?

IIRC it was after Takamura's match after fighting David Eagle, he had painted his bear pelt to look like a panda and it looked shitty. I think its pretty close to 950

Could Woli beat Takamura.

>SnK
That surprises me actually
Considering how popular it is
and we all know how Sup Forums feels about popular titles

Id trace it back to a bit before that, Ippo forgetting why get started boxing in the first place and going full on gay being content to fight miyata and retire was both stupid and out of character. Seeing him want to legitimately beat the shit out of randy boy was great, but all that lead directly into the 100 chapter funk the manga went into

it lost steam with the anime's century long hiatus.

No, he wouldnt be able to beat either takamura or Ricardo right now, and even if he was able to his trainer wouldnt allow him to be sent to his potential slaughter, he's his final pupil and he's content with letting him have a reign of dominance without having to running into the grinder that is Ricardo where he's likely to get hurt severely.

is itagaki still an edgy shithead

the manga is still going strong in sales
also the anime is coming back this april

Saying he got humbled would be a massive understatement

I'm surprised people still care

It's still running? I thought Hajime ended years ago

>also the anime is coming back this april
Wait, what?

What made you think that, it hit 1000 2 or 3 years ago

just announced

yonkouprod.com/attack-titan-season-2-air-april-2017/

What are the top 5 fights

I like mostly the Takamura segments because they are pure hype, that fight with the Hawk guy is amongst the best in the media, the buildup, payoff and finale were all amazing, I also liked when Ippo did a OHKO on that asshole that taunted him

My major gripe is that is insanely slow paced, reading in bulks usually helps, I kinda wish I just had all the 2000 chapters to read anytime, as for your question, I don't see a lot of complaining in Sup Forums it's just not that popular around here, I'd rather have threads every once and then instead of fucking weekly/daily generals

Oh, sorry. I thought you were talking about Ippo.

In no particular order?

Ippo Sendo 2
Takamura Hawk
Volg's world championship match
Aoki Imae
Ippo Sanada
Mashiba Sawamura

Ippo Sawamura had a godtier build but the match itself is pretty overrated and Ippo's first tile defence is severely underrated or ignored outside of the fact that it got a movie adaptation

Mashiba Kimura and both bouts between Itagaki and Imai are good as well especially the rematch.

The pacing of the manga itself is fine but mangastream for whatever reason dicks around with releases. reading Woli in particular weekly was pure torture though.

Because its popular

Takamura literally turned into a tornado made of oxygen to win his last fight. Literally.

Ippo doesn't get discussed much because only one relevant thing happens every few years. It's a "slow burn" mango.

>hajime
>ended
lmao the irony.

not in any particular order
>Sawamura vs Mashiba
>Ippo vs Kojima
>Takamura vs Hawk
>Ippo vs Gonzales
>Ippo vs Shimabukuro

Miyata vs RBJ deserves to be up in there but the way the fight is written was terrible.

Pretending to like something because everyone else does isn't the same as genuinely enjoying something. Sup Forums has been and always will be a massive circlejerk where everyone parrots the most popular opinion of the month.

>Ok RBJ just took my best shot and got right back the fuck up, time to pull a new lightning fast counter out of my ass despite both ribs broke, and having no stamina left at all
>this entire result resulted directly in the horse shit that was ippo's pacific challenge

yea it was pretty bad and miyata winning was a mistake. pretty sure his arms or fists were fucked too but I cant remember

Its over 1000 chapters long and Ippo has neither fucked Kumi or become world champion or died yet. It doesnt matter how good it is people want to see it end in their lifetime.

I've stuck with the manga through it all, and while with volgs champion match and bisons match i think it's gotten better the pacing is fucking killing me, i remember when takamuria claimed two world title belts in one year and now he hasn't even attempted a third afterall all this

Nobody cares about romance in shonen manga, fuck off retard

Not to mention that tgere's no end in sight and even if mori rushes to the ending theres so many things that have to be resolved it would take at least 300 or 400 chapters

Ippofags on Sup Forums don't hate the manga. But then, those rare threads outside Mangastream releases, there's hardly any Hajime no |ppo discussion that isn't marred by anime-only shitters spouting memes or crossboard scum from Sup Forums.

The meme-spouting 'muh oxygen' cancer are the ones who shitpost in Ippo threads and these shitters aren't even fans of the series and are just regurgitating shit they heard.

Most importantly, Ippo discussion on Sup Forums died when Dynamite Glove's forums died.

>Most importantly, Ippo discussion on Sup Forums died when Dynamite Glove's forums died.

DG has a new forum www.westbound3.proboards.com. Since they also still translate spoilers and have RAW threads, whenever Niggerstream drags their ass, I have zero reason to discuss Ippo on Sup Forums anymore.

I keep forgetting DG got a new forum. thanks

Oh boy if MAPPA or Madhouse got of there asses and made another season of Ippo

>Oh boy if MAPPA or Madhouse got of there asses and made another season of Ippo

Mappa please. The last two Ippo anime adaptations were ass, considering how much great source material they had to draw from.

>The last two Ippo anime adaptations were ass, considering how much great source material they had to draw from.

I'll never stop being mad about this.

You should have seen that coming from how they handled shimabokuro. I still wish Aoki got the OVA treatment like Kimura, he deserved it

its inferior to Joe in almost every way.
that said, it's not a bad series by any means, just one that has dragged on for far too long

As good as Joe is, the two are almost entirely different so its kind of a shit comparison.

That and Mori is the biggest Joe fanboy ever and is constantly sucking its dick so there's alot of subtle and not so subtle Joe references in there too.

>I still wish Aoki got the OVA treatment like Kimura, he deserved it

I could have done with them skipping Rising entirely and just releasing Aoki vs Imae as an OVA, along with the Post-War arc being released as a film.

Rising should have ended with Takamura vs Eagle, without cutting any of the matches build.

I love Joe more than anyone, but stop this shit.

Love Joe if you want, don't give the series a bad name because you feel like shitting up the Ippo threads, they're two very different series.

The manga feels like it's been spinning in place for years. Even with the recent developments I can't bring myself to care about Ippo's struggles or his development. He's not an interesting character and hasn't felt like your relatable everyman, which was where he was originally grounded, for a literal decade.

You have a point about the other boxers but I think there's a problem when a story is only good when it abandons its title character.

A major reason why that is is because you never do get to see them which makes it more meaningful when they get their moment in the sun.

Personally I have no issue with Ippo being a static character, its much better than him suddenly changing his personality like alot of people seem to want him to do, but for ippo pretty much everything between his match with Karasawa which was supposed to show how far he's grown, and his match with gonzales was pretty much padding and a way to justify his WBA ranking and to sidetrack him from his original purpose of why he started boxing int he first place. I dont too much care for the farfetched drama of him "suddenly being weaker" as if its a flaw of his character which is complete horseshit and it would have been much better to just say he's overworking himself because hes a workaholic who doesnt know the meaning of rest. Ippo certainly needed time off anyway and an excuse to get away from the coach to develop on his own but he did it in the worst way possible and making Takamura look like more of an ass than usual.

It's not a matter of exposure to me. I just think they are fundamentally more entertaining to read about and have a much wider range of expression than Ippo has ever had.

And characterization and development don't have to radically alter how a character behaves. Ippo just feels stuck in place to me and it's difficult reading past his dialogue. I don't think his character arc will ever end and what's more, I'm not convinced he's ever had a character arc. He just kind of stumbles from one plot to the next.

And I get that people don't read Ippo for its complex treatment of characters but I don't think there has to be such an extreme view of things.

>You have a point about the other boxers but I think there's a problem when a story is only good when it abandons its title character.

Ippo is a great character because Morikawa is smart enough to use him as a support character to give the secondary cast weight. The reason Sendo, Volg, Mashiba, Aokimura and especially Takamura-centered stories are so good is because the author cares enough about story-telling to use his main character to prop up the rest of the cast.

It's been this way since Aokimura's introduction and it's something people seem to always fail to appreciate about the series; even if Ippo, as a character has become increasingly static as the series went on.

I never understood the obsession people seem to have with wanting to have Ippo replaced as the main character. As much as I love characters like Mashiba, Volg and ESPECIALLY Sendo, I don't think any of those character would have half as memorable without their interactions with Ippo. If Sendo got half as much focus as Ippo does, he would ended up getting shitted on the way Ippo does, especially when it comes to how much Sendo gets hit during his matches and spamming Smashes.

Thankfully Morikawa has the foresight to skip rounds with Sendo's matches, when it starts to get repetitive, it's the same thing with Mashiba when he's fighting anyone who gets past his flickers.

>Thankfully Morikawa has the foresight to skip rounds with Sendo's matches, when it starts to get repetitive, it's the same thing with Mashiba when he's fighting anyone who gets past his flickers.

To me, the height of Ippo vs Sawamura outside the match itself is how Sendo talks about how Ippo is worlds apart, as a boxer, compared to former street punks like him and Sawamura.

really alot of people dont remember the actual match well, for the most part Ippo was beating the utter shit out of Sawamura, the only reason got into any trouble at all is because he insisted on using on using the dempsey roll on him out of stubborness are partially because he got goaded into it.

Sawamura got one decisive counter on ippo and didnt capitalize on it and from that point it was kind of a foregone conclusion that ippo would win that match so I dont hold it in as high regard as most people do outside of the actual build to the match and as testament to ippo's skill before his match with kawasara so that it wasnt just a sudden thing that he got good at handling outboxers.

Are the second and third seasons really that bad? I'm in the middle of the first, and I really enjoy saving Ippo for a moment of comfort, watching it from the comfort of my TV chair. I think reading the manga wouldn't be the same; I read manga when I want to concentrate on a story, not relax.

I dont understand SnK, that show just cant fucking hold my interest.

I don't get the whole hate of Gedo's fight. Maybe I was just too entertained with Gedo outside the ring, he was quite a character.

>hasn't fucked the girl or become champion

And yet people keep it with Pokemon....

The first series is a 99% accurate adaptation along with Champion Road and Kimura Mashiba OVA, the only differences are that Kumi Aoki and Kimura are introduced earlier, some jokes are different or switched around, the initial parallels to tyson are removed, and right before ippo's first title match the bit where the Jr Featherweight championship is fought for and ippo finds out what happened to his fellow rookie king competitors.

New Challenger and Rising were made at a different climate both industrywise and madhouse's state. it made alot of compromises and outright removed essential details like most adaptations to the point where they are only good for watching certain fights animated once you've finished reading them. Rising in particular got it bad and I dont really care for either's soundtrack or directing. In particular the fights you should watch are Takamura Hawk/Eagle, Post-War, and Aoki vs Imae. The rest are just w/e

To me the fight was pretty much a rehash of hayami's Ippo learn how to deal with counter uppercuts a long ass time ago and the loose glove trick was silly. the match was way more difficult for Ippo than it should have been and made him look like a fucking idiot.

>Ippo vs One Punch Man
>top five fights

The best part of that entire match was Kojima's shit talk before hand, and the possibility that ippo might had just killed him

If only it would get animated

It would only take four or so more seasons

What kind of question is that? They're not even in the same weight class

I enjoy reading it. It makes me feel full of oxygen.

These next three pages are one of my favorite moments in the series.

I love this manga

Ippo (((((((Makanouchi)))))))

>fast boxers can teleport

Gay.

>Itagaki has a technique that is literally having a seizure in the ring
>this is apparently a high-level feint

Whatever you say, this is the best anime couple.

i wanna get more into it but goddamn i just do not have the time to read all that shit.

Ippo is actually an amazingly fast read considering the vast majority of it is just action panels with no dialogue. It takes a fraction of the time most other series of its length would take to catch up on.

well that was pretty much what the Ali Shuffle was

youtube.com/watch?v=1VDOGNE1oxo

1. Takamura vs Hawk
2. Wolf vs Mike
3. Ippo vs Hammer Nao
4. Mashiba vs Sawamura
5. Kamogawa vs Anderson

>ippo vs nao

you have strange tastes

Because shit t/a/ste

There are up and downs but i like it in the end. I would like if there were more gags tho, those idiots are funny shit when they try it. Well of course when you do over 1k chapters you cant avoid being somehow redundant.