Once you've seen 10 animes you've seen them all

>Once you've seen 10 animes you've seen them all

Why is Anime such a cliched medium? Every season I feel like I'm whatching the same cookie cutter series with literal uninspired template characters. Are other mediums like this?

Yes. Every medium is full of cliche. Originality is just unrecognized plagiarism.

Anime really isn't that cliched
It's about as cliched as movies

Because it's an industry, just like video games, comics and capeshit movies?

Stop watching shit anime then.

I've watched and watch some weird shit.

Frankly the only cliche anime I've seen is late 80s early 90s ultraviolent cyberpunk anime because I'm a trashman, I watch garbage.

because there's only like 10 studios and they just milk the same type of show over and over

read manga, it's such a better medium compared to anime that it's embarrassing for the anime only fags

That's a pointy big toe

Anime has it the worst since it's a struggling medium. Companies need to stick to what works instead of taking risks with something too different. I only see this as the case with SoL, romcoms, shonen and harems though

manga is the same shit too. add in the pointless filler and lengthening stories to generate more money.

one day you'll stop reading One Piece

>I'm a trashman, I watch garbage

I'm gonna use that one.

If you had read more than the 3 popular shonen jump manga you would know that what you're saing is plain wrong.

>animes
Learn to write will ya

As for your question, aren't most media cliched like that these times? For each new creative book, movie, game or cartoon there is a shitton of cookie cutter trash made either for a quick buck or out of lack of creativity.
If you ask me, the only reason that anime seems any different is that it's strictly seasonal and we go out of our way to actually check the whole lists of releases each season.

Honestly most anime have originality enough for me, there's nothing wrong with SoL anime sharing similar settings, most people have a similar everyday life after all, especially if they are students. The only anime that pisses me off due to lack of originality are the battle harems.

I think you're problem is that you watched 10 seasonal harems.

It's ok, I don't expect much from a retard who thinks a medium is a genre.

>Every season I feel like I'm whatching the same cookie cutter series with literal uninspired template characters.
Stop watching romcom harems

>Stop watching romcom harems
That's literally all anime is though.

Sturgeon's law you dumb fuck. 90% of seasonal anime is going to be cookie cutter trash that's guaranteed to sell but not actually worth the time to watch. However, there are always going to be a show or two that have a high enough degree of originality to stand out.

Most of these get really popular, and some remain hidden gems. Watch what people agree is good and then investigate and research based on your tastes in order to find similar works.

>medium
it's a scene

>Once you've seen 10 animes you've seen them all
Only problom here is you being normalfag.
God current Sup Forums is terrible.

>scene
it's an industry

>animes
stopped reading

>animes

Idiot.

>animes

Shhh, it's ok to be wrong. No need to save face here, we're all anonymous.

You live in a world where Transformers 4, Rings and The Mummy reboot are coming out and you still have to ask this?

Also, holy shit. 2017's movies are mostly sequels.

At some point because of the volume of anime released. The industry and culture stopped striving for 'originality'.
Now it's all about the database. Which created work rises above the muck by combining or refining the database archetypes and tropes to create something resembling 'original'.

>animes

>Most of these get really popular
brb downloading naruto

>animes

>animes

Just only watch shows that sound interesting and drop after 3 episodes if they're not grabbing you, no biggie

Most anime is total hackneyed cliche trash, though, for sure, just gotta dig for the good stuff

>watch shit
>get shit

Wew lad

Then make a "good" manga, publish that shit and get it animated by some nips.