Should I watch this? I've heard mixed shit about it, but with the animation studio and everything I have some hopes

Should I watch this? I've heard mixed shit about it, but with the animation studio and everything I have some hopes.

then again a large amount of Sup Forums are elitists like me so i'm probably just going to get shit on for having "shit taste"

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/2623/Flanders_no_Inu_Movie
google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjE8uqsk-HQAhXmiFQKHfiuAOMQFggdMAA&url=https://kissanime.io/Anime/flanders-no-inu-movie-dub/&usg=AFQjCNFaphEX3LEhIuIJ1-OeS1rzKMQQ8Q&sig2=cAHVVb2upMUXHlwlVysNpA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

good also recommend myanimelist.net/anime/2623/Flanders_no_Inu_Movie

I should also probably say that by preference I'm usually into darker shit, emotional shit, or a mix of the two

Actually thanks, this seems like something I could watch on a comfy night snuggled with my doggo (pic related because movie is dog related)

It's bad. If you like animation, just look at the cuts on sakugabooru. Don't bother, otherwise. It's generic as hell.

It's cute in the beggining but it doesn't hold up for the third act.... The caracterization then becomes bad and the subplots in the final part are made just for cheap drama

it's good but some moments are underwhelming and leave me wanting more.

Remember when everyone thought Hosoda was going to be the next Miyazaki? Then suddenly Shinkai comes and kicks him in the balls with Your Name.

There was a limited showing in theaters at one point. I hadn't spoiled myself about any of it and went in pretty much blind.
I thought it cliche

Any recommendations that you don't consider cliche, user? Still gonna watch it to kill time, but still.

I've heard nothing but good shit about Your Name, but I've yet to watch it. Prob gonna watch it after I finish Jin Roh and watch Howl's Castle

>Any recommendations that you don't consider cliche, user?
Perfect Blue

Sup Forums had an hateboner for Hosoda since Summer Wars for some readon, ignore everything you hear here and watch it.
Shinkai actually is an hack, though.

I think you should think for yourself

I mean I just wanted to know Sup Forums's opinion of the film; the entire thread could tell me to kill myself for having shit tastes and I'd still probably watch it.

Is there actual fighting and is the mc wimpy or just destroys the enemy?

Not sure, premise is that the MC is a boy that runs from home and meets a beastmaster from another world who has aspirations of becoming the highest-ranked one in his profession, and the beastmaster takes him under his wing. This is what it's about to my knowledge

its a sad movie

google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjE8uqsk-HQAhXmiFQKHfiuAOMQFggdMAA&url=https://kissanime.io/Anime/flanders-no-inu-movie-dub/&usg=AFQjCNFaphEX3LEhIuIJ1-OeS1rzKMQQ8Q&sig2=cAHVVb2upMUXHlwlVysNpA

I thought the first couple acts were pretty good to be honest. The last act was literally a snooze fest and was so damn predictable. Awful ending as well.
Go watch Hosoda's best work again, Girl Who Leapt Through Time

The film has some problems. The characterization of the edgy faggot antagonist is lacking, and so is the world building for the beast world, how gods and incarnation work and whatnot.
With an extra 20 minutes it could have been great.

Actually disappointed me. I came for swordfights because of the katanas in the picture but the only swordfight in the movie is in the climax and it was shit.

>Shinkai actually is an hack, though.

How is Hosoda any better?

From this I judge that illegal streaming sites are a-okay on this board, so I'll say that technically I have legal access to the movie, but I have a smart TV (basically half Roku half TV, called an Insignia) that refuses to run the Funimation app made for it, so I'm waiting for it to torrent

You came to an animated film directed by a guy known for his plot-oriented films simply for action?

Lad I'm sorry but literally why the fuck would you do that, you want action over plot go watch fucking Redline or something.

To elaborate, Redline is very good I was just making a point.

>Should I watch this?
No. It's typical Hosoda about fucking yourself over for your kids. Once you've seen it in Wolf Children you've seen it all.
Not to mention they ignore the interesting beast world setting to focus on the mundane normal world and MC's mundane crush for no good reason. If I wanted to see that I would've picked a highschool romance anime instead.

Fuck Hosoda.

Better storyboards, shots composition, is able to work with a wider variety of narrative tones, can direct outside of his comfort zone, hasn't made the same movie for 10 years.

Hasn't made a good movie in ten years either

>captcha: calle calle
That's twice today what the fuck is "calle"

I didn't like Garden of Words.

Will I also not like Your Name?

Wolf Children is his best movie and even Summer Wars was better than TGTLTT.

I only really like Digimon, I don't like any of his work post-Toei.

>Better storyboards, shots composition

Anyone who unironically writes this is an idiot. Not surprising half of Sup Forums is filled with idiots that think Kyonanus's lens flare is "good shot composition".

If you refuse to aknowledge visual and technical aspects of an auduovisual work don't even bother entering a discussion about directors. It's not like your opinion would be worth anything, anyway.