Where? Where is the Japanese Shaman Girl, Lintahro!?

Where? Where is the Japanese Shaman Girl, Lintahro!?

Oh no!

Hey boy, what's up!

>Okabe tortured till he was literally brain dead

Is this possible?

So what is even the point of Steins;Gate 0 in the end?
Is it just to add more suffering to Rin taro before the ending of Steins;Gate?
I guess it gave us Maho at least

Theoretically yes.

Have you seen Steins;Gate? If you have, then you should know why Steins;gate 0 isn't just additional fluff.

What even is this?

A guy.

Friggin Nips and their lack of being more open about their emotions. No wonder tsunderes are so popular and prevalent.

dang das racist

>America are the bad guys

I get tired of this desu.

You should be taking it as a compliment if you're American. It's stating that Russia's intelligence and special operations forces aren't competent or relevant enough to be a major player in the global power trade.

If anything, I'd consider the antagonists presented in S;G 0 to be realistic ones for a modern day scenario.

Maho best girl
Leskinen best boy

Kagari casually beats an entire american armed force

No spoilers please. I still haven't figured out what the fuck Kagari is.

Mind hacc turned off her pain inhibitors

Suzuha is just as guilty being able to solo trained mercenaries

And CERN, and Russia.
It definitely was realistic. All Japan could do is be fought over by foreign powers. If you weren't a cutthroat someone else would get the time machine first and control the world.

If it's any consolation, they're probably just mercenaries, not national military. And she was given that super soldier brainwashing they talked about.

I was referring more to Judy's shenanigans than anything. The idea of the the Department of Defense pursuing the idea of brainwashing kamikaze soldiers kind of erked me.

Also, what was the point of invading and waging war in Japan once the time machine is destroyed?

>4 4's

She's DARPA though, not the DoD. They're free to pursue projects of interest.

Because there's more than just the time machine at stake. Not only is there Amadeus, though I agree there'd probably be better applications than mindless soldiers but there's the chance that it'd fall into the hands of any of the other myriad groups out there. If there's one thing America prefers to keep close, it's anything that affects the balance of power.

So how does Kagari even work? In one timeline shes in the lab when it gets attacked by stratfor and the motorcycle lady and Yuki is there as well.
In the other timeline Kagari has plastic surgery to look like Yuki.
They only diverged by a month or 2 difference prior to that

If Okabe leaves his phone on at the shrine, Stratfor is ultimately the first group to get their hands on time travel. Leskinen lives to meet Kagari in the 2030s, brainwashes her, and sends her back where he uncovers his own messages after digitizing her memories. Cue brainwashing and surgery to spy on Okabe.

In the endings stemming from turning the phone off other groups besides Stratfor beat them to the punch and Leskinen may end up dead. Kagari is Kagari. Yuki only goes to Europe in timelines where Kagari gets plastic surgery.

Suit is presumed to be Reyes or an unimportant soldier like all the others in timelines where Kagari isn't brainwashed.

Normals should explode.

>MKUltra

???

The American government would totally pursue horrific brainwashing experiments to create obedient death machines, they already tried to once before

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but there's far more efficient options out there and better applications of Amadeus than mindless soldiers,

>almost every single female within his circle thirsting after his dick
>not riajuu scum
Can't blame them though, I'd be after him too.

Speaking of Zeroin, his outfit is just black khakis, a black blazer, an olive green button down, and an olive green V neck of some kind? Cardigan? Sweater?

I need to figure out what to buy so I can live my real life fantasy of walking around Akiba as Okabe this December.

Yeah, who can resist this dreamboat?

>olive green

I'd say it's more of a charcoal than anything. You'd be fine doing either since his blazer covers his arms.

Jesus don't remind me. huke's always had trouble keeping Okabe on model.

His face makes him look like a bad guy, but ever since "hey boy what's up" I hoped he wasn't. I haven't read any spoilers but I'm just saying he's getting fucking flagged hard as a bad guy from the very start

I have autism and tried to fix this.

YAMERO

>that Okabe
topkek
But hey, it could be worse.

>mfw at the Vega ending when Hououin Kyouma comes back from 48 hours in the future to laugh at Leskinen

Any reason why you're discussing this on Sup Forums?

>being this new

S;G and Sci;Adv threads have been allowed on Sup Forums for ages.

Because S;G and the over a year long wait for S;G 0, along with SciAdv, has been an Sup Forums tradition.

If you want to be technical, Steins;Gate is an anime and 0 will have an anime adaptation.

Okabe had so many based moments. The revival of Hououin Kyouma is probably my favorite SG scene ever.

I'm having a hard time connecting everything. Is there a plot summary of routes that could help me out?

>revival of Hououin Kyouma
>mfw when the BGM kicks in
Re-awake has to be the best track in Zero.

How is it acceptable that they just left Kurisu to look like she did in the original? It looks so out of place.

Re-awake gave me full body chills.

right is an upgrade

It's weird seeing Kurisu in that artstyle without the filter.

I really wish they hadn't done this.

It's not that bad really but yeah the should've redrawn her and made Kagari look different.

got ya covered

So is there ANY reason at all as for why kagari looks like kurisu?

other than the memories thing but that still wouldn't have anything to do with it

No idea, she looks the same in Epigraph LN yet I don't remember their resemblance plays any part in the novel's story.

which route was in the LN? How did it end?

The whole Altair branch. The VN adds a bit more stuff and shuffles the order of event.

Thanks, this helps as well, but I was thinking more of the lines of what triggers each event and why whether he takes the phone call or not matters.

When data started being removed and when Amadeus became unstable and inconsistent, she became Kurisu. Is this their solution to the frame problem?

Something like this?

Not quite. For example, when he meets Kurisu in alpha worldline she sends a d-mail and he gets back to the beta worldline. What were the contents of that d-mail? Why is he in different worldlines depending on whether he picks up the phone call, and when he doesn't pick up the phone? What's happening in the background?

No he's asking how he's changing world lines based on whether you answer a call on the phone in the present. Dmails were sent to the past so it's natural they affected events leading up to the present, but why does answering a phone call in the present affect events in the past?

Is Kagari literally just a better Kurisu? She's got the the good parts of both her and Mayushii, not to mention that she's hotter than both of them

He is a brainwashing expert, of course it's possible for him

Refer Basically who get their hands on Amadeus controls time travel

Thanks. What about when he went to the future for a month? Why did it reset?

WW3 after the Christmas party? I think it's because elsewhere someone changed the world line, maybe Suzuha, maybe Russians[spoilers/]

Anyone else think that leskinen's voice during the Amadeus conference I. The beginning sounded really unnatural? Almost not human
This had been bothering me to the point that I couldn't play the game

maybe he was using his most serious tone for the conference?

Do I need to complete all endings before I can go to the true end?

You only need Promised Rinascimento to get the true end but you should get every end before going into Vega and Altair(Mayuri End)

So what's the general consensus on 0, by itself and when compared to S;G?

The general consensus seems to be "excellent" and "even better".

I haven't completed it yet but so far it's great, but the general depressing tone makes it much more serious despite there being so many light hearted scenes in it.

the scene where he goes back to the alpha worldline and reunites with kurisu only to get dmailed back to the beta worldline felt like a kick in the guts

Thanks. What about Kagari? She got off the time machine because she was brainwashed by Leskinen. In a timeline where it didn't happen, how did she get lost?

>general consensus on 0, by itself
Great VN, a worthy successor to the original.
>when compared to S;G
Little bit decisive, some said it's on par or even better, while some thought S;G is still better.

I find it really sad that Kyouma did more for everyone than Okabe ever could

Well I wept like a baby when Kyouma appeared

I actually thought 0 was kinda disappointing. The branching routes seemed more random compared to the original and some plot points weren't resolved. Still loved it a lot though.
legal loli ftw

So Okabe was a brainlet all along? He never created the time machine?

At the very least, S;G and Zero have the excuse of being filtered through Okabe's kind of weird view of the west.

If it was only Kurisu, I guess you could argue that it was an intentional choice, you know, her being as Okabe remembered her and all that. But they also reuse a few other sprites.

>come to save kagari when he could have just time leaped
>"drop ur weapon or she's dead"
>they actually do it
What the fuck were they thinking?

No.

It's because Kyouma is the tool that Okabe uses to get over his own issues. When he rejects it, he becomes a broken recluse that wallows in self-pity and lets WW3 happen. When he embraces it he makes time his bitch, gets the girl and saves the world.

>ended up crying on the train when hououin kyouma was reborn
I don't think I ever felt a moment this powerful in a visual novel, perhaps the related scene in S;G near the end on the roof but I don't remember being this moved back then

>on the train
When was that? All of his revivals moved me quite a lot. The only thing that compares is the monologue he gave in the original VN when he chose to let Kurisu die, and to everyone else it just sounded like nonsense.

It really hurt when Kurisu ordered Okabe to forget about her. That girl is too goddamn selfless.

>what you're forgetting me already?
damn kurisu

she is so cruel sometimes, man

Just the way that she's going back on what she considered a selfish request in the original timeline where that choice was made, even if she may not know it, hurts. She just can't stand to see him suffer and feels like she's the cause. It would make me angry at Mayuri if not for how intentional it is that she doesn't know the full story. Kurisu shares that weight with Okabe and it's why she can't keep being there for him in Zero.

I wouldn't say the American government, but the CIA. The CIA is pretty much the source of all evil in America. No one actually knows what the CIA does except for the CIA. And they do a lot of shady shit, considering the arms and drugs they sell. They're probably involved in human trafficking too.

>The girl who couldn't be Orihime
I accidentally played Mayuri's ending first. What's going to top it?

I fear for what would happen to the world if the CIA was vaguely competent.