Study: Unattractive Men Not Viewed As ‘Dating Material,’ No Matter How Great Their Personality

studyfinds.org/unattractive-men-dating-material-study/

WILLIMANTIC, Conn. — Maybe nice guys really do finish last, after all. Women don’t view unattractive men as “dating material,” no matter how exceptional their other qualities are, a new study finds.

Researchers at Eastern Connecticut State University looked at the mate preferences of 80 young women, aged 15 to 29, while also having 61 of their mothers weigh in.

The participants were presented with photographs of men varying in both attractiveness and described as one of three dispositions:“friendly,” “pleasing,” or “respectful.”

Additional trait profiles were explained for each of the three dispositions. Men labeled “respectful” included the traits ‘respectful, trustworthy, and honest;’ the ‘friendly’ men were labeled ‘friendly, dependable, and mature;’ and the ‘pleasing” profile meant that the man was ‘of a pleasing disposition, ambitious, and intelligent.’

The women were then asked to assess how attractive they found each man photographed, along with whether they found the man suitable to date, either themselves or for their daughters.

Simply put, men viewed as unattractive were not viewed as potential suitors, no matter the level of other redeeming qualities that accompanied their photos. Those with favorable personality traits that were ranked highly were at least moderately attractive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/FACEandLMS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BREAKING NEWS: Thots are shallow

Plenty of ugly, desperate chicks

Include the mans bank account records and attempt again

Can confirm this. Am a woman in a male's body.
You're all sweethearts but I would never go out with anyone of you virgins even if I was a 10/10 thot.

Holy shit you mean to ATTRACT someone you have to be ATTRACTIVE.

Luckily money is a wonderful makeup product for men.

>all women think they're entitled to Chad

This has been known for years. Sage this slide thread.

Women go crazy about "nice guys", what are you talking about?

>Unattractive Men are not attractive

>makeup
Please stop. Don't use that word anymore here. You'll attract beta edgelords who'll spam photoshopped women without makeup pics to make themselves feel better

I think being nice is actually detrimental to your chances with girls. Im not talking about making them like you as a person, but if they want to have sex with you. I'm sure there is some reason for this, but I don't really care what it is.

They needed a study for this?

>Women don't want to fuck men that they don't find attractive

How is this political or even newsworthy for that matter? I don't want to fuck women that I don't find attractive.

No shit retard. no women will fuck an ugly genetic reject for the same reason I as a 188cm, blonde, blue-eyed attractive male won't fuck some ugly fat slobbish whore with garbage genese.

now shut the fuck up and quit whining about your trash genetic code you subhuman

lel

you should call fox news

Im curious if most women judge based above or below the neck, and im curious how most guys vote based on that as well

Myself, i have kelly madison standards: her face can be 5/10 or below, but if that body is 10/10 ill take that over a plain bodied 10/10 face

>Additional trait profiles were explained for each of the three dispositions. Men labeled “respectful” included the traits ‘respectful, trustworthy, and honest;’

Regardless of what you think about the results, the fact that their big test trigger for "personality" is literally a bit of text is god awful test design.

You mean to say people don't have an emotional response to bio notes? But it said the word "respectful"? How can she not be attracted to that word?

> Simply put, men viewed as unattractive were not viewed as potential suitors, no matter the level of other redeeming qualities that accompanied their photos

Women asked to rate attractiveness of photos will rate.. attractiveness of photos. What you found out is adding e-dating buzzwords doesn't override that.

What a fucking revelation. I'm sure every guy here looks at a Tinder profile and thinks the girl looks like a 5 but her bio states she's "trustworthy" and "not looking for drama", so she's girlfriend material, right?

all it takes for unattractive men to become attractive is to get /fit/ honestly women only know three things about men
1) pecs
2) abs
3)dick

if you have 3/3 of these things congrats you made it. dont become a MGTOW dont let shlomo win!!

The problem is that "nice guys" want to attract women by using the methods women employ, not sure if they do this on purpose.

A submissive type of person is a massive turn off because they don't seem like the "provider" type outside of being useful fucks. A nice guy will never successfully defend or give you what you really want because they themselves are submissive like you. Someone whose focused on themselves and doesn't care about others/determined is a turn on.

Don't forget to add or substract body image and income factor since those also add to the overal "provider" image of a guy.

there's a cheeto dust laden maiden for you out there somewhere user

80 whole people, wow!
Great sample set!

K I L L Y O U R S E L F

Seen plenty of ugly ass couples so idk what the fuck OP is so ass blasted about

Fascinating. Its as if there was some underlying motive to breed with genetically superior individuals...

>berenstain
>stain
When did this appen

>humanpsychology.jpg
It's actually pretty funny. I guess it's possible that being attractive also genuinely correlates with having a good personality though.

>Speedrunning this life cycle of the game
Nah, I'd rather do a 100% run than screw it all up.

>Women don’t view unattractive men as “dating material,”
I thought everyone already knew this?

You're telling me a doormat who pays a woman's bills and tries to get an in as a nice guy won't make her panties wet?

But what about all of those Julia Roberts movies?

I'm currently working for the ugliest mofo I've ever saw. His house, one of his houses, that he just bought, was 1mil+. His girlfriend has to be top 5 in attractiveness that I've laid eyes on.

Money crumbles this "study"

They may say this now, but there's a difference between rating some guys as being a good match on a survey and the way things actually play out in reality.

Physical appearance doesn't matter as much as you think. It helps, but what really matters is people skills, in this case the ability to talk to girls specifically.

For once, I am in agreement with a swede.

bogomir pls

>pic
I honestly don't know whether to ask for a balloon or a quick rundown.

Maybe this has some truth IN it, but it isn't absolutely true. When I was young & dating, I valued men being funny/ entertaining over looks. I preferred taller men & leaner, but excessively "good looking" guys kinda bored me. If they happened to be "good looking" and exceptionally funny, well okay. Lifestyle mattered, too. Trashy guys (strip bars, too much drinking, trashy/ crude friends, "anybody who walked, crawled, or slithered", etc), I didn't like. And I liked guys that DID stuff- surfing, dirt bikes/ motocross, car racing/ rallies especially.

Women do not deserve freedom.

I don't necessarily disagree with the findings, but the methodology is shit.

>The participants were presented with photographs of men varying in both attractiveness and described as one of three dispositions:“friendly,” “pleasing,” or “respectful.”
>Additional trait profiles were explained for each of the three dispositions. Men labeled “respectful” included the traits ‘respectful, trustworthy, and honest;’ the ‘friendly’ men were labeled ‘friendly, dependable, and mature;’ and the ‘pleasing” profile meant that the man was ‘of a pleasing disposition, ambitious, and intelligent.’
>The women were then asked to assess how attractive they found each man photographed, along with whether they found the man suitable to date, either themselves or for their daughters.

Yeah, no. Viewing the word FRIENDLY has nowhere near the visceral impact of viewing a human face. This is basically the same as the one test where they prove you're racist by flashing pictures of black people's faces and the word "BAD" at you. Junk science like most of human psychology.

Women do judge men more harshly on looks than men judge women, according to studies, despite that contradicting the common feminist meme that women are always the ones judged just on their looks.

You liked a lot of guys.

well kek
that guy rolls in pussy

>b-b-but I was so nice to you why won't you sit on my face
>i mean it's so hard to be nice to women why don't you recompense me with spitting in my mouth

I'm sorry but that's total bullshit.
What does 'viewed' mean in that context?
I'm a grown man with children and ex's and stuff, not a snivelling Americoon 30 year old virgin and I know for a fact that chicks dig personality.
Look at a guy like John Candy or Bill Murray or any number of funny ugs- women be all over that sheeiiit.
Women are attracted to people who are having a good time (they are like a negative to a positive).
I'm a big dimple chinned blonde blue eyed hero and I can tell you wenches will not come up to you unless you make some sort of display and appear fun to be around (working out and then taking your shirt off in public counts as doing something fun, not just being attractive looking) Looks alone doesn't work.

>contradicting the common feminist meme

Misdirection, oldest trick in the book.

Ask hillary, every crime she made she accused POTUS of.

>you can judge the personality of someone you have never met before

That's true when both the males and the females play on the same field. You can cheat with money and status and cuck the legit players and it's extremely effective.

>When did this appen
it's a shooop knobhead

Yeah,. They could have just mentioned income and then they'd have something.

women
+
logic
=
>i did not prefer looks
>i preferred men tall and lean

The truth of the matter is that in the medium- to long-term men feel basically the same way, though I'm sure in some kind of staged slideshow experiment it would come off as simply "hotter=better".

Nigga what the fuck

manlet here. how do i use my money to get sex?

exactly
it implies that if you're more attractive, people will automatically think better of you despite having never met you

>not asking for a quick rundown on the balloon

You can do this, Italy. We know you were great once.

It's called the Halo Effect. It's well documented.

Was income/status included in the study though? Cause I imagine that might have changed a few minds.

ITT: dumb racist virgins learn why no one ever loved them

What you're all forgetting is that to a woman "attractive male" means "he looks like he has money"

Maybe more attractive people get better treatment from society and thus have more positive social experiences to draw from and use to interact with others.

>my mrs. user, you're looking lovely today.
>oh mr user, you're such a charmer. You're quite dapper yourself.

Vs.

>h-hi, you're so pretty. Can I smell your hair?
>ugh gross! Fuck off creep!
>b-but i love you!

Personally I belive that the body is just a reflection of the soul, and ugly gross people just have shitty souls.

>guy looks attractive
>they give him high personality score

should get your mental illness checked out

Good post and criminally underrated.
If women wouldn't date ugly men, ugly men wouldn't exist in the first place.

>buy expensive car
>buy expensive clothes
>buy expensive watch
>snort coke
>go to expensive places
>profit

I'm assuming you make at least 500k per year though?

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Kauf ne Nutte?

>we all get rundowns here
>WE ALL GET RUNDOWNS HERE

This.

This study is garbage and didn't prove dick. Most men in this situation (including myself) would do the exact same thing and just select the hottest one regardless of the personality traits described.

so? wouldnt want to date an unattractive woman either.

>implying any of you would date a legbearded landwhale who was "friendly, pleasing and respectful".

>he fell for the work hard and have a wife and kids and family meme

Haha fucking stupid tradcon larping goyim

Lifting weights and taking it easy is the only way to live. This is why society is collapsing but you can't fucking do anything about it without fascism

STUDY SHOWS WATER IS FUCKING WET!!!!!

I don't remember what study it was but I saw one a while ago where to took about 100 women and gave them pics of men. The rated the men on a 1 to 10 scale. After that they took 100 different women and had them rate the same pics but the pics had bio's on there. They had an ugly guy who got a 3 and some hot guy got an 8 with just the pic. The bio said that the ugly guy was making six figure salary and the hot guy was a construction worker and when the bio was included they were both 6's.

money>looks>personality

This makes a lot of sense really. I don't know the term for it but it's very common to project your beliefs on to other people like that. So if you are a shallow thot then you're going to think all guys are shallow, narcissism.
It's the same as when a girl cheats on a guy and suddenly she suspects hes now cheating on her.

>implying any of you would date a legbearded landwhale who was "friendly, pleasing and respectful".
I'm not a lesbian !

My thoughts exactly. Also want to know if mugshots were shown or full body photos.

they call that either projection or the typical mind fallacy

Unshaved and out of shape implies lack of discipline. I wouldn't mind a somewhat homely gf if she were well-kept and in shape.

>you need a study to confirm this

top lel

The true redpill I got was some odd years ago from this guy youtube.com/user/FACEandLMS

Demonetized and videos taken down one after another for spreading the TRUTH

>You're all sweethearts
hahahahhahahahahaha, 2/10

Why is the USS Zumwalt pictured under aged 30?

>When you're a chad you can even get away with supporting Trump and dating Obama's daughter

Fuck this.

Oh would you look at that, human mating behavior is no different than that of a squirrel? I guess dr yamak was right.

Not really (accused of being "too picky"), but I dated a few & had a few guy friends. I love men- love the way they are. They're so uncomplicated & real. Easy to be with. It's sad what's going on now.
Things should have gone in the opposite direction, imo.

brb kms

>legbearded landwhale
implies more problems with the person than their physical shell. legbeard either means they're either too stupid to realize that shaving their legs makes them more attractive, or too lazy to do it, both of which are not traits of people most would want to associate with. same with landwhale, inb4 genetics.

Also pretty much every dude over the age of 25 recognizes or begins to recognize that the physical shell of a woman is pretty irrelevant to their interests, outside of that which can be determined about the "inside" from the outside.

pic entirely unrelated

you seem very confident in your genetics.

Maybe upload a pic with your eyes blanked out?

Cuz at this point you're just a larping basement dweller for all anyone knows.

Is 141 women a big enough sample size for a study like this?

(far right)
Lel, they searched high and low for a photo just so they could do that. Kudos.

*tips fedora*

Ok.
brb

True. :-) That word "staged" jumped out at me. Someone trying to tell us what to think again?

wow this photo is extremely poor taste

fuck you faggot

>Maybe nice guys really do finish last
What the fuck does being kind have to do with being unattractive?

>Personally I belive that the body is just a reflection of the soul, and ugly gross people just have shitty souls.

You have never met a vapid pretty person?

Attractive physicality and attractive personality have a correlation, but it isn't black and white as you described. Same for race. My racism is different from your racism.

Every body has mass, therefore, attracts other bodies, shitlord

Dude, you can say the same about women. I don't want to date an ugly chick just because she has a great personality. I want r/incel to go and stay go