Iberians a lot closer to Irish than Italians

Saw this analysis and found it pretty interesting. Even more than the Portuguese.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portus_Cale
youtube.com/watch?v=AabWNnVbXUU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebor_Gabála_Érenn
ancienttexts.org/library/celtic/ctexts/lebor5.html
m.pnas.org/content/113/2/368.full
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That’s because unmixed Spanish are the only White ahMeds

> what are the celtic migrations?
That's why people on /his/ laugh at Sup Forumsacks

>first post on a thread about genetics
>had to be the same shitskin albanian who larping as bavarian behind the russian flag

can you kys already mongrel mutt?

Saw this analysis and found it pretty interesting. Even more than the Spanish.

YDNA haplogroups are to be taken with a grain of salt.

R which is biggest among western europeans is also biggest among native americans and Chad Africans

This is the more upto date version

Haha. Point wasn’t meant to be attack on lusitanos. Just interesting that you’re next door to Spain yet there is the large discrepancy. No disrespect.

aw shit who cares?

Not hapas, armenians and kikes like you that soon will be removed

Portugal before becoming Portugal was a Phoenician outpost, a Greek port city, natives were mixed with celts called here celtiberians, and later Germans came and settled in the north.

Our capital city is apparently named after Odysseus from the well, Odyssey. Since there is a legend he came here during his voyages.

>slavs aren't white
>next to snowniggers

Why do Amerimutts care so much about European genetics? You sharts care about this kind of stuff more than we do, ffs. We don't give a flying fuck about our genetic admixture. We're all white Europeans. End of story.

Lisboa's original name was Olisipo or Ulyssippo, never learned that in school.

Spain also had a large Greek and Phoenician presence I believe prior to the Celtic and Visigoth migration

Are you most of you Roman or Greek?

>We're all white Europeans. End of story.
For we are one in Chri.., I meant, geography!

Really? I thougt the phoenicians stayed at Gades and never crossed the strait, and the same for the greeks. That's cool.

so finns are basically siberian?

Wales, nice pie.

No, bulk is Celtiberian I'm pretty sure. Roman, Greek, Germanic and Phoenician input is present only in trace amounts.

I for one am not into any supremacy BS. I just find it interesting. Studying and analyzing data is part of gaining knowledge right?

silly bong is busting your chops

Shit fell into that one I guess.

Source?

Really? I remember it being the first thing our History teacher told us when we read parts of the Odyssey adapted for children.

You know those Roman realistic statues, we have a lot of old men who look like that, but in the north its lots of light brown and greenish eyes.

Yes and there have been tons of archaeological evidence backing it up.

Yes into Galicia and Asturias as well.

Portugal began as mixture of vulgar latin romanized locals not unlike say romano britons and fused with the German Suebi who did not ravage everything, these were the barbarians who actually grew to respect and revere the dead Roman Empire.

Its in the name Portus Calle.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portus_Cale

We were never meant to be Spain and hence why I cringe whenever I see those rare unified Iberia theories.

True. Bow down wh*teboi the iberian master race is passing through.

northern italians confirmed for not white.

Portugal, Castile and Aragon were called the Spanish Kingdoms though. The other two went ahead and formed Spain without us, that's where the confusion comes from.

If Portugal and Castile had been united through marriage the result would have been called Spain as well, and Aragon would have been in our position instead. Don't forget that Camões wrote "we're all Spaniards" when referring to the locals of the peninsula, now commonly called Iberians.

Spain comes from Hispania, the name the Romans gave to the peninsula.

will you filthy haploniggers open a book?
youtube.com/watch?v=AabWNnVbXUU

Nice random pink ball thereyou did there your paint skills are fine, albo mental

This... our core is old, wht's is called celt or iberian, indo-european. The rest was small in numbers or negligent

Haplogroups don´t shwo much, you can´t trace big things with them, this is pretty much more accurate:

>ITT: retards posting outdated maps with missing data

Here's the most comprehensive study to date

Salve. I would have expected Spaniards to have more proximity to Italians. Not promoting any superiority with the post.

Hat tip

>no Portugal data
dropped, can't shitpost with this

Iberians are clearly between northern europeans and neolithic farmers except basques, who are in turn clearly a bit closer to western hunter gatherers. The rest of southern europeans are between middle easterns and northern europeans.

Jews are Arabs with European admixture. Southern Europeans are European with Arab admixture

*north Europeans are Europeans with Siberian admixture
ftfy

not the same subclade

My main heritage is Spaniard and I'm also like either 1/4 or 1/6 Italian so I would say I'm more of a Roman descent.

I had a history teacher who said that if you were to sail past the gates of Hercules/Gibraltar out of the mediterranean sea that the ocean currents would carry you right to Ireland, and it was actually more common for sailors from Spain to go west around Ireland (rather than up the bay of Biscay and English channel) to reach ports in the Netherlands. It makes sense that some groups that colonized Ireland would have come from Iberia. There's also a book compiled by Irish monks in the middle ages called Lebor Gabála Érenn / The Book of Invasions that outlines the different groups that migrated to Ireland. The last group to migrate according to that account were the Milesians, who were Celtiberians
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebor_Gabála_Érenn
ancienttexts.org/library/celtic/ctexts/lebor5.html

Yes we are jews and arabs with some european admixture, lmao but for some magic reason, all our more closely genetic proximity populations are other europeans and not arabs or jews. ROTFL
american education, low iq and jamals

The most Southern shited people in Europe are hardcore Southern Italians and they are more like a mixture of Greeks with Ashkenazi input
So no, there is no actual Arab heritage on the Mediterranean side of Europe
Southern Euros were always curly haired, green eyed and olive tanned semi-gods

The Irish and the Britons both came from Iberia, user. We migrated along the Atlantic coast and settled Armorica (Brittany). Groups migrated from there to Ireland and Britain around 6000BC. A later migration travelled direct from Iberia to Hibernia.
Our language then diverged into k-Celtic and p-Celtic over centuries.
Our ancestors were proto-Celts. The ones who stayed in Iberia became the Celto-Iberian's. Descendants of the Celto-Iberian's still dominate northern Iberia today.
Today, roughly 90% of the Irish, 80% of Scots, and 70% of English are genetically determined to be descendants of the proto-Celtic people's of Iberia (see phylogenetic studies by Oppenheimer, Sykes, others).

See "Atlantic Europe" for further info. Also, Barry Cunliffe (foremost authority on Celtic/sub-Roman Britain) has some good lectures on Ytube.

Also, bear in mind, "Celtic" can denote either culture and language, or ethnicity. The ethnic Celts were/are those who're still referred to as Gaels/Gallatians/(Celtic) Gauls. The Celtic language group and culture still survives in their communities.
Then there are other ethnic groups that *adopted* Celtic language and culture, like the La Tene and, later, the Belgic tribes (Morini et al). These were *not* ethnic Celts. They were Indo-European.
Note, Celtic has been empirically estimated to date to 6000-4000BC. La Tene dates to 1300BC.
Furthermore, Celtic employs Indo-European words (e.g. Gaelic "mor" is "sea", like the Latin "mari", or English "mere" - root of "marine"). The Morini take took their name from the same.
However, the underlying grammar of Celtic is *not* Indo-European. Just as the underlying grammar of English is not Germanic but Brythonic (p-Celtic). This confirms that proto-Celts spoke a pre-Indo-European language.*

*older theories postulated that proto-Celtic grammar was Semitic in origin. These theories have been been debunked.

t. Celtic historian

British Celts are different to French/Spanish ones.
British Celts have blue/green eyes and tend to be more fair skinned.

I think most Southern Euros have wavy-like hair. Or something.

That's a Haplogroup map, you fucking Am*ricunt. It doesn't show genetic proximity.

Western European Hunter Gathers = proto-Celts of Atlantic Europe I referred to above. They came in contact with Indo-European speakers and thus the Celtic language group emerged.

>Western European Hunter Gathers = proto-Celts

Wavy and curly hair are actually very rare in northern Spain. Only like a 5% of the population or so has that kind of hair. Having pitch black hair is rare too, most people has a tone between dark brown and light brown.

note that Iberia is on average 3% North African, which is too little to affect their phenotype.

Central Europeans are as mixed as Iberians

That is probably neolithic admixture, but I wouldn't bet on southern Italy to be honest.

The Parthalonians, the Nemedians, the Milesians, the Fir Bolg.

The Fomorians look over all with a baleful eye.

if it was neolithic it would be high in Sardinia and Basque territory, it's post neolithic, related to y-DNA J2, already present in Mycenean Greece and bronze age Anatolia

I know, but the same is true with the North African admix in Iberia, but still they keep repeating the "Iberians are race mixed" shit.

Celto-Iberian's were native and were present long before Phoenician's/Carthaginians began to colonise.
The tin routes were established thousands of years before the rise of Tyre , Acre, etc. The main trade hub was at Tartessos. At the same time, you had tin being mined for export in North Wales and Cornwall.
It was the tin and amber trades that inspired the Celto-Iberian migrations north. If you look at Caesar's campaign against the Veneti, all of the latter's allies dwell not next door but at strategic points on the Atlantic coastline and on major rivers. The Veneti coalition was a naval coalition; the amber mafia, if you like. That was how Celtic language and culture spread. The Moroni had adopted it despite, as Belgae, having Germanic roots. So too did the La Tene, who gave rise to most of the history associated with 'Celts' today - they were not ethnic Celts.

So do Spanish people

I've been telling you retards this for years. The """"gaels"""" came to the Isles of Britain from north Africa via Iberia in the first century >pic related

The Phoenicians went all the way to Britain. There's little doubt of that.
A Greek explorer, Pytheas, became the first to circumnavigate Britain, but it's very likely he had prior knowledge of the island from the Phoenicians. He was based out of the Greek colony at Marseilles, while the Phoenicians had permanent colonies in Iberia by that point.
Also complicating matters is that barely anything Phoenician or Carthaginian has come down to us (for reasons well known to history), so we don't know how much knowledge was lost.

Haplogroups isn't the end all be all of genetics.

Hmm the less nordic the shitter the country, really makes you think

Pure breed Portuguese checking in
Here are my DNAheritage results

this, it only shows a very specific type of information

You're full of shite. The indigenous British people were not celtic, either linguistically, or genetically. And most Britons are genetically closer to the indigenous, neolithic, population than to any other group

>"POTATO NIG-"
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA EUROPE ON SUICIDE WATCH

They make amazing cured ham and hard cheeses.

What's this test?

>4 more ethnicities
Let's see them, and your flag too out of curiosity.

Nice meme

Contrary to what family Guy would have you think.

Italians are in fact Jews.

What am I looking at?

You mean that Jews are actually Italian

Very interesting thanks!

Yes, a few thousand years and a lot of admixture (more on the continent than in Britain or Ireland) does that, user.
Nonetheless, there's absolutely no doubt that the 'Celts' of Britain and Ireland, by and large*, traced their ancestry to Iberia.

Watch a Barry Cunliffe lecture. Look up his credentials. He headed up all things 'Celtic' at Oxford (think he's still there as an emeritus).

The confusion arises from the word "Celtic" and how it's been misapplied down the years. The 'Celts' of Armorica, Ireland, Britain, etc. weren't ethnic relatives of the 'Celts' of the La Tene culture (which later expanded out and even encroached on 'proto-Celtic territories). The latter merely spoke the language and used some of the cultural practices of the former. There can be no question of that today. The Celtic language is much older than La Tene.

I could give a list of archaeological sites that would she'd further light (Celtic inscriptions located near to the site of ancient Tartessos, for example), but it's better to watch Cunliffe.

I doubt it's neolithic European, mostly because it's highly correlated with both abnormally high(by Euro standards) presence of mtDNA L(absent in hundreds of neolithic Europeans sampled so far) and subclades of E-M81 which are too young.

I think it has to do with prehistoric movements with NW Africa. It has been confirmed NW Africa has been brought into the neolithic by Iberian farmers(thus explaining the European affinity in north Africans), but it's likely that the (confirmed) indigenous element present there also crossed into Iberia.

Agreed, I just called then celts because as we all know its just a name.

For the Romans everybody were "Celts".

science is not memetic, nigger

genetical chart of Southern Europe + Eastern Europe and the Middle East
It shows the clear genetical distance between Mediterraneans and MENA

Do you realize EEF were part middle eastern?

north Italians and Iberians are no less mediterranean than south Italians or Greeks, they just are more med in the archaic sense
and both Romans and Etruscan were likely more closely related to north Italians

Nice trips I love that part of History because of the mystery, imagine being that sailor adventuring that part of the unknown world, seeing strange tribes and rituals, forgotten monuments and statues.

The mysterious connection to a possible unknown part of human history, like Tolkien world or Hyboria.

Man really massages my fantasy imagination and naval adventure DNA.

there is no such thing as a monolithic "middle eastern" group, you'd knew if you read anything about the subject from the last year or two

central Anatolian farmers related to the groups who spread farming into Europe are considered to be descendant from local hunter gatherers and not to have arrived directly from the near east in their timeframe

there is certainly a link with the near east, but it's multifaceted(just consider how mesolithic Natufians have been shown to have European hunter gatherer related ancestry)
also needless to say, there wasn't much overlapping in Y-DNA either, given that Anatolians were G2a and I2a while neolithic Levantines were E1b

>there is no such thing as a monolithic "middle eastern" group

I have never said that...wtf

I am not aware of the haplogroup composition of Natufians but I guess they brought some haplogroups into europe and also autosomal admixture from the middle east to some extent.

Ah, here comes the Albano-Russian shill to tell us who is and isn't white. Fuck off

The j2 started in Armenia and spread to the rest of anatolia, Greece, then Italy

"Proto-Celtic" is the ancestor language of all Celtic languages. It originates in Iberia.

Ballester, X. (2004). ""Páramo" o del problema del la */p/ en celtoide". Studi Celtici. 3: 45–56.

Wodtko, Dagmar S (2010). Celtic from the West Chapter 11: The Problem of Lusitanian. Oxbow Books, Oxford, UK. pp. 360–361.

Cunliffe, Barry (2003). The Celts – A Very Short Introduction – see figure 7. Oxford University Press. pp. 51–52

That language spread via migration to Ireland and Britain where it developed into k and p-Celtic respectively.

Read this and remember, the Gaels in Ireland are the dregs the rest of us left behind for better things. You're a living monument to "brain drain", Fergal.

m.pnas.org/content/113/2/368.full

E1b-V13 most certainly came to Europe via a group related to them, but then again this lineage was pretty much almost absent among the very first EEF who likely came just straight from Anatolia, it likely came with later neolithic movements via sea coming more from the south and perhaps the Levant(which was sort of like 50/50 Anatolian/Natufian), like Cardium pottery culture

Its always the same guy.

you are missing thousands of years of prehistory and migrations in your little toy theory, namely the arrival of anatolian Farmers who completely overwhelmed the WHG given their bigger population density, and then the spread of Bell Beaker related groups, some of which already had high steppe ancestry and replaced the farmers in Britain

fix your timeframe

so the irish really are niggers?

> Austrians are literally slavs

These are just paternal haplogroups. Not good data for comparing general populations.

So where do Armenians fall in all of this? They're not quite like their neighbors, have a good chunk of r1b, older j2 haplo, carry the G gene. They're weird group in the near east

How can west asian admixed mongrels even compete?

I'm not too informed on that area and that particular country, but given the type of R1b present there, they might have got it from some of the earliest IE groups to leave the steppe and go south into Anatolia. I don't know much about Armenians in terms of autosomal DNA, as far as I'm aware they are a relatively standard west Asian population related to Caucasians.

I wonder were is the dark dot in Barcelona in all of those maps.

Lol no. they certainly don’t look like them. Irish here in US are leaders and successful. BTW I’m not Irish at all.