Anime cringe:

anime cringe:
Some autistic faggots show Miyazaki a retarded CG abomination and get rekt. What where they even thinking?
Why didn't they just show him a normal walking simulation?!

youtu.be/ngZ0K3lWKRc

Cg anime is shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pgaEE27nsQw
youtube.com/watch?v=YwyML9wEDew
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>cringe

Anime is ded

Miyazaki is such a depressed old man, like dude chill.

I cringed

If they really thought Miyazaki would like that they have legit autism.

I hope they got fired.

Miyazaki is a little bitch, he knows that he will be out of a job soon thanks to cg.

Are you from Sup Forums?

So what was his problem again?

>Deep/learning

delete this

Damn, what a cunt. Making that qt girl sad like this.

They just need better implementation.

Use the stupid google tensorflow for fast training sessions and if they get any good results, it will disrupt the shit. Miyazaki can't see potential yet, cause its too early of a stage.

>that silence afterwards

It's like they were put on death row

>they explicitly say that this was created by an artificial intelligence that feels no pain and has no concept of it at all
>KFC faggot whines that it reminds him of his crippled faggot friend and that it makes him triggered because whoever made this knows not what pain is
So he's actually senile to the point that he probably don't even remember his own name. Just put him down already.

Machine Learning all comes down to the problem of finding the classifier, aka recognising the class of objects.

However, it needs data to construct the classifying function. But where are the data coming from?

If AI is everywhere, it will definitely degenerate, just like the inbreeding of otaku culture has lead to a mountain of generic anime nowadays.

The only way to build the true AI is to let the machine err and noise happen. Analog is the way to go. Down with digital, down with CG!

Even letting our opinions on CG aside these guy were fucking stupid, how could they think Miyazaki of all people would appreciate it?

Miyazaki is the type of man who wishes the world would just end the day he dies

>Hayao Miyazaki thoughts on artificial intelligence
Who gives a fuck about this old fart opinion on artificial intelligence? He's clearly a man of the past and borderline retarded when it comes to understanding the 21th century.

>image.jpg

Get out you phone

>point they make is that CG can create movements that humans could not
>hurr my disable friend

is that wrong

This was hilarious.
And even more hilarious are the comments of the anons perpetually triggered by everything Miyazaki says and does.

>Miyazaki triggered by Half-life 2 ragdoll physics

Calm the fuck down, old man.

I hope they remake that simulation but with a Miyazaki skin.

this

>make movie
>be an attention whore
>retire
>be an attention whore
>oops guess im not retired after all heres another one
>be an attention whore
>retire

He's a pedophile gookshitter who defends islamic terrorists. Good luck defending him.

Stupid old man needs to get with the times and stop remaking the same movie over and over again.

>cg anime is shit
but they said it was for videogames
I know Miyazaki is a senile old man but he was right, that thing should feel pain and making it lose its pain or its head is dumb or more likely, a problem that has to do with being lazy.

I'm glad you feel pain.

>Miyazaki was right, ragdolls should feel pain

Wow, Miyazaki is a fucking idiot for responding like that, not even appreciating all the hard work done to make such thing possible and all the different ideas this could be used for in the future, is this meaningless for him as an artist? Doesn't it give him any sense of wonder that something like that can be done?

No one was mocking disabilities by making zombie-like animations, him turning the discussion that way tells me he missed the point entirely and bitched for no reason. I can understand his disappointment that these guys don't want to study how to draw themselves, but by creating a program that learns how to do it they will learn and and the process will be art itself.

What a bitter old man.

What the fuck was the point of this presentation?

You want to build a machine that draws like humans but all you showed was an AI dragging it's ass through the floor because it doesn't feel pain.

What is wrong with this old fart? Seriously Freud would have a field day with him

What were the guys thinking?

>doesn't feel pain
To me that sounded like they just made something with bad rigging and tried to make it sound impressive.
Miyazaki's reaction was too much, but there is also nothing impressive about making a model move in weird ways that in no way is linked to the human anatomy

While I think Miyazaki was in the wrong here he still has a point.
Where's the passion if the art you are supposed to make is created by an AI?
I always loved anime because I knew every frame had to be drawn by hand and I adore high quality animation to death. If you just have an AI do it then something is lost.

While I think there's some value in the AI too, why the fuck do they show that shit to Miyazaki?
>He we've got this creepy zombie movement created by an AI
>Let's show it to the guy who loves traditional animation above all else and has made stories to be upbeat and a nice feel of adventure and wonder

Miyazaki is not a computer science guy.

He just looks at a human body which moves in the dumbest way possible.
What the fuck were they thinking showing him that? Couldn't they show a semi workable walk animation?

You didn't understand anything about what they were showing
The whole moving animation was generated by an AI, the reason it was dragging itself through the ground was because it's in early stages and it couldn't learn to make a walking animation

And why would you show that to Miyazaki?

Of couse he can only be disgusted by that. And the guy trying to defend it was quite cringeworthy.

And the reason it's dragging on the floor is because there is no rigging in the thing resembling human anatomy and also not a function that would detect pain, which would have somewhat prevented that.

>showing a not workable deep learning aplication
>somehow butthurt that someone with decades long experience isn't impressed by cripple animations

They should use deep learning not for creating animations from the ground but giving one human created animation some variants first.

It's uncanny as hell when all background characters in a scene have the same walking animation.

>source: my ass

I hope they don't give up because of that retarded old man. Their project sounds really ambitious and that's awesome.

>Couldn't they show a semi workable walk animation?
No because AI can't do that yet, probably.

>Where's the passion if the art you are supposed to make is created by an AI?
The passion is creating the AI itself and seeing it grow. In a way, it's like creating actual animation - just like in animation you're bringing characters to life, with AI you're creating a machine that comes alive, thinks and reacts.

>I always loved anime because I knew every frame had to be drawn by hand and I adore high quality animation to death. If you just have an AI do it then something is lost.
I can understand what you're saying because I had that opinion for years, and used to dislike CGI to a certain degree, but it's just a tool. Another way to express an idea, and shit, 3D is very hard to make, especially if you're aiming for something believeable.
We can't really know what the future will bring, but as of now, the world needs animators even when lots of companies use motion tracking devices (motion capture), and classic animation filmd are still being made.

They were stupid by trying to show that to Miyazaki of all people, but he's still an ass for dismissing it like that, the cripple excuse was laughable.

What's even the context for this? Seems like some students working on a project and Miyazaki came by as a guest judge

>No because AI can't do that yet, probably.

Then they shouldn't show it to him.

Miyazaki isn't a guy who is impressed by the theory or math behind something like that. If the result right now is that the AI can't create any animations.

As CS guy who does deep learning and fuzzy logic for a living.

I would just walk out of the room and maybe ask the people why they are wasting my time with a not workable prototype.

I agree it's nothing new or amazing, but this guy's reaction was just plain fucking stupid
The amount of mental gymnastics he must have done to arrive at the whole cripple story is impressive

I think that was part of the NHK docu

miyazaki's a top nigga

Isn't this pretty much the same as what these guys are doing?
youtube.com/watch?v=pgaEE27nsQw

I don't get why they couldn't get it to do basic walking though, it doesn't seem that hard when the people in the above video managed it.

this guy is literally a little old fool who can't stop being a butthurt contrarian. He may have produced some good movies but that doesn't mean everything he says is absolute. he needs to fucking chill and just move and adapt to the current generation.Guy just frustrated cause his dick can't get erect.

Yes creating an AI needs a lot of passion and effort as well.
But you can't replace hand drawn animation with it.
It's two different things and there's value in both but seeing one getting replaced by the other is just sad and it leaves a hole.

>you can't replace hand drawn animation with it
We will, and it will be better. More quality, less time

>But you can't replace hand drawn animation with it.
We can and we have

Absolutely fucking hilarious

Is it?

I liked how the CG guys autistically said that this creature has no protective instincts towards it's head and all the other shit.

And then Miyazaki even more autistically ignored their point to insert his depressed worldview into whichever he doesn't like.

>Guy just frustrated cause his dick can't get erect

Nothing that lolis can't help.

I don't get why people are giving Miyazaki shit for this.

-It was way too early to be shown
-Made a shit presentation
-He gets a bad taste in his mouth because of personal circumstance

If anything the one who did this project should think twice.

>miyazaki stiffles AI progress because he gets triggered by one of algorithm generations

as expected of senile furfag treehumper

Have you ever done a presentation in front of your class only to get lectured by your teacher?

This shit hits too close to home man

Sup Forums is eternally butthurt about Miyazaki, regardless of the circumstances, because he called out the modern anime industry and otaku culture for the shit they are. It's quite funny, really.

Re-read the thread, half is bashing miyazaki and the other half is laughing at the autistic fag.

Yeah, I remember doing a presentation about Al Capone and my teacher lectured me, because she had a relative that died of Syphilis.
There was also one guy who for some reason filmed the whole thing

nah you cant replace hand drawn animation with stuff like that, it will only happen once we have AI that is actually comparable to humans. Even for that rabbit the CG is obvious. That said its possible hand drawn will go off market because people are satisfied with or prefer the CG in the future, but that wont be replacing it rather we lose it and get something else.

Same goes for anything where the human touch matters really.

yeah they should've thought twice before making a presentation about ragdoll movement for people who appearantly are friends with regenerators from resident evil who suffered holocaust

It looks like shit, so your arguments are invalid

>That silence at the end
>That dramatic close-up

This is gold.

What some of you don't seem to understand is that he would be even more upset if the exhibition was any good.

Personally, I don't blame the guy. Computers are getting crazy, and they're not stopping anytime soon.

Yes, but I never volunteered to do a presentation on my shitty project and present it to a guy who's an expert in that field. They're fucking stupid and deserved to get shat on.

youtube.com/watch?v=YwyML9wEDew

>expert in that field
>Miyazaki
I mean...

>man look this half done AI generated creepy as fuck shit for zombies
>better show this to someone who openly hates creepy shit and not having passion for animation who happens to be an expert on the topic

>...
Pretty sure he was talking about animation in itself.

I think we should develop "Miyazaki" posting - just quotes, images and videos of him saying depressed fucked up shit.

Every time I see this guy talk I laugh

There's nothing funny about it you stupid nigger.

"Anyone born after me was a mistake, it's nothing but trash"
-Hayao Mizayaki

>Couldn't they show a semi workable walk animation?
probably did, but NHK cut it out to show more "interesting" footage, the station has been getting pretty bad rep in recent years

>autists got called by another autist for a completely different reason than the main problem
>that dramatic end
10/10

[citation needed] memelord.

It is actually some decent stuff, but sadly they pitched it to a wrong audience. Their presentation had nothing to do with animation, but is more about AI and machine learning.

I imagine they probably created a human model, and coded it to move from A to B, with some obvious constraints like rigid body, and an objective function I don't know (maybe most efficient movement?). They result is video related. It is a good lesson for them that they forgot to code in a constraint for pain, or contact force, and they learnt it. No doubt they can go back and improve their AI. Who knows, maybe it may eventually decide that walking on all 4s is more efficient that being on 2 legs. Wouldn't surprise me since most other animals do.

But ofc Miyazaki is like hurr durr why doesn't it move like normal human bean but like my crippled friend.

You say like they showed the creepy animation for purpose and not because it's half-finished and not capable of any movement that resembles that of human being

>muh why is he harsh to them

People with no jobs and had to deal with superiors be like

This isn't kiddie grade school time though. Everyone wants things to be forever sugarcoated for them.

Misquote meant for

Those guys look like students, and their work isn't meant to be finished. Literally not a single AI project is "finished". Not even tech giants like Google has managed a "finished" AI. Its a learning exercise, and they not trying to sell their shit for money.

>showing Miyazaki new technology

This is the guy that wrote Naussica

There's a difference between constructive criticism and just being a dick, and Miyazaki is the latter.

A constructive criticism would be along the lines of "The animation is obviously missing some key factors which produces unrealistic movement. Have you considered..."

Instead MYZK is like hurr durr i'm offended. Seriously fuck anyone who says they are offended by anything.

>why is my superior meannn to me hur dur

Some times being harsh gets results and stops people from getting carried away

Get real kid

Says guy that is offended by some old prick shitting on autists

Very rarely. Vast majority of modern people management theory supports otherwise.

I won't deny a small handful advocates your way though, and it has been shown to be successful in a limited number of very high performance teams. But those are usually done for professional sports teams etc, and not really applicable to the general public.

They should have waited for the AI to learn to do it correctly and showed a video showing the progress.

These idiots show an unfinished project to a guy that doesn't know shit about the technology behind it, what were they expecting? Praise for something he doesn't see any use for?
They should have spent more time on that thing and teach him how to move like a living thing instead of coming up with excuses why it's movements look like retarded zombie's

You're all retarded.

He wasn't being mean, he was being retarded. PhD advancement commentators are mean, they tear you apart to the foundations of your intellectual capacity and exploit every weakness using actually relevant shit; if the student survives the hot dicking, it makes them a better expert. Miyazaki just got triggered and appealed to emotion instead of actually tearing it apart. Their presentation was shit and could have been torn apart from that basis alone, which doesn't require intimate knowledge on the subject; in fact Miyazaki could have torn them apart on not doing enough to familiarize the audience with what the technology means, what its limitations are, and what its imaginable future is. Instead he chose, "muh crippled friend."

Good CG requires 100x the talent of handdrawn, that's why 99% of it looks like shit. Compare picking up a pencil to spending years learning how to use a computer program.

Miyazaki is also an old senile fuck who was criticizing it for being creepy, if it had been shitty CG of a little kid playing with a ball he would have went "10/10!".

Why show a guy creeping on his head?
Why not present idk someone walking, or jumping?

There's a video on youtube of machine learning being used to discover gaits for organisms with different numbers of legs and it's pretty cool shit. It discovers the basic trot, gallop etc. that real animals use on it's own with no previous knowledge of them.

Yeah and we couldn't replace hand copies with the printing press too I suppose.