Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=66hSiRgbgX0
nippon.com/en/views/b00102/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not.

You don't even know what normies are if you think they're into it

youtube.com/watch?v=66hSiRgbgX0

Yes it is. So mainstream that hurts.

Anything that gains popularity as well as accessibility is only going to be invaded by normalfags. They're like locusts.

Have you seen what they've done to JoJo?

NY times just included My Hero Academia in their top 100 tv show list

>using the word "normie"
You're part of the fucking problem. Off yourself.

>anime
>normies
Pick one

God help us.

In which shithole do you live? The US?

It's over, anime is finished.

This is a secret club and you're about to have you're membership revoked.

>normie
>froposting
Fuck off

It's "normalfag", dude. Blast that dumb frog up your ass, and fuck off together with your /r9k/ buddies while you're at it.

Get the fuck out

>normie
Anyway, only a miniscule fraction of anime is attractive to them, they see it as a hip geek thing and relish knowing what "senpai" and "yandere" mean.

>Muh secret hobby
Get rekt faggot

all gaijins are normalfags tho

What is sad that the newfags pick up this word because it's "less insulting" - blissfully unaware of the connotations behind it. What was created as a word to mock normal people even further than "normalfag" ever did, is used by the normalfags themselves today. Fucking ironic.
>gaijins
>gaijinS
Do you say "otakus" too?

>gaijins
Fuck me in the ass, I want it to stop hurting

It's only going to get worse with time, user.

shit show, right?

otakus are not normalfags

You missed the point. I even went and enlarged the S, as well as added quotes to "otakus" to make it obvious.

Both are uncountable. "gaijin" and "otaku" are non-countable.

Best one this season.

Fuck off, weeb

some percentage of almost all latam see (and like) anime, so you're right

>no normalfag or realfag

I should fuck off? Fuck you.

>What went wrong?
The part where you let the opinions of others dictate what you're (not) allowed to like, you little bitch. You're whining about normies while doing the most normie thing possible: caring about the opinions of others. We're hitting levels of irony that shouldn't even be possible.

Doesn't mean anything, no one cares about that list these days

Nope, not even in North America
Point still stands. That said,

I've been to the US. A few Collegehumor skits doesn't mean that anime is mainstream.

If this was the early 2000s, you'd have an argument, but once the exposure on TV waned as we got closer to the 2010s, anime became much more of a niche instead of mainstream.

Look at comic book movies now. THAT'S when something nerdy goes mainstream. Anime isn't anywhere near that and you should be grateful for it.

>inb4 muh GITS movie
Remember Dragon Ball Evolution? It ended up being shit and people stopped caring soon enough.

The irony in everyone here is that we all care too much about others opinions while creating a site-wide facade that we don't.

Because anime is made for all sorts of demographics and airs at times where those demographics would watch. You have something gag-filled and comedic or action-packed and serious for the little kids to watch on Friday night and Sunday morning. You have the perverted stuff airing early in the morning for the insomniac NEETs. Something romantic for the girls, something nice and easy for the workers just settling down from their jobs, and something wholesome for the family at prime time. No surprise that normalfags would get into it if they have a variety of genres to get into rather than "Kid's Show", "Family Movie" and "Adult Show".

>People using the word 'normie'
How to spot the normalfags who can't even qualify as newfags desperately trying to fit in.

Any problem?

The glorification of "nerd culture."
In fact anime works great for a lot of them since you don't even have to do or spend anything (although they often do). Anyone can download or stream a few episodes of something and then go on about how much they love anime. I know guys on the internet that are normalfaggots in every sense of the word yet they still buy dakimakuras and figs simply to post selfies with them.

So now we have thousands of normals flooding the "hobby." Even Sup Forums has changed, this place is majority non-virgin and I would be surprised if many NEETs still lurk at all.

I think for NA it really has to do with Toonami :/

Started heavily pandering to faggots and dykes.

It was for normies from the 90's till about 2009

>otoku and gaijin are uncountable
look there's a lot of gaijins in america. except for japanese on vacation, all americans are gaijins. there are not as many otakus as gaijins but they can still be counted.

There's some truth to this, but anime is still nowhere near being mainstream outside of japan.

Anime TV networks have been tried and failed. Anime programming blocks have existed, but the networks in charge make the mistake of assuming that anime are like western cartoons. And that's if they even label the shit properly, some TV channels don't even use the word "anime" and mix anime with western cartoons, thinking there's no difference.

So due to numerous series being mistreated by TV networks outside of Japan, anime is not mainstream.

>:/
Kill yourself
and Toonami itself isn't nearly as hot as it used to be. The fact that it starts at midnight should be your first clue. A lot of people don't even know it returned.

>this place is majority non-virgin nowadays
Somebody, please, fucking kill me.

almost-wizard NEET here. while there a lot of normalfags here, there is no need to fear. we are still here

18 and 3 and counting here. We are taking over

>Anime TV networks have been tried and failed.
Not sure if it's still there, but I remember France used to have this anime network that aired from about 6am until 11pm. Wouldn't surprise me if it's still around, considering France is the second weeaboo nation after Japan (probably because they already have a strong domestic comic book culture which allowed manga easy entry, and eventually resulted in France creating its own faux-anime).

>The Big Bang Theory
>Marvel Cinematic Universe

Anything else I'm forgetting? I think the worst offender is how The Big Bang Theory helped people act as an outlet to express themselves for this type of hobby.

Since we're talking about anime and normies

>Toonami just announced that Dragon Ball Super is coming, as well as the end of the Buu saga on Dragon Ball Kai

If this sounds somewhat threatening to your secret club mentality, you're an idiot. The fact that Dragon Ball is still having to carry the block says it all.

Given the time slots, the people interested in it will just watch DB and then turn off the TV. That's how it works on Toonami these days.

Although I'm 20, I might as well be a wizard already. I'm never going to "get some". I'm just not much of a person. I'd be able to get along easier with a guy, but it wouldn't count, would it?
3 what?

>France is the second weeaboo nation after Japan

>gaijins
I really dislike r/Anime.

3 girls down, should've specified

normalfags hate anime though

>normie
>tumblr gif
lurk for 2 years before posting

I was about to say the same thing

Japan can't be weeaboo, they're actually Japanese. Fucking Sup Forums children, they don't even know what "weeaboo" means

get out

Which country?

Anime is a closet thing for me heck off my guy

nippon.com/en/views/b00102/
On top of that France alone represents 40% of the European manga market. They're total fucking weeaboos.

What I meant was that over in nipland anime is going to have much farther of a reach in audience than cartoons in the west due to there being comparatively less of a stigma about their animated output.

>Normalfags take over every hobby and subculture, bending them to their ways, making it easier for them to breach into the communities, founders eventually start catering to them rather than old, longtime loyal fans and tell us to fuck off. Normalfags don't like what the founders offer so they leave and now the hobby or subculture is like a strong bug, who has been overpowered, weakened then had it's shell cracked open and feasted on by weaker, smaller bugs then once they've exhausted everything they flock off to do the same

IS nothing sacred anymore, which hobby or subculture hasn't been ruined by normalfag filth yet?

please stop

US

I just hate how normalfags shit on moe and loli and fanservice.

>some percentage of lmost all latam

Normies watching dbz reruns doesn't make anime mainstream.

You'll have to find it yourself.

>majority non-virgin
This is definitely not true. This board is still full of awkward teenagers and socially retarded adults, same as always.

The "fake" nerds people are always complaining about may watch anime, but they sure as hell won't post about it here. They have friends to discuss it with.

But that's the reason why OP is wrong about anime being mainstream. You should actually be happy that they hate that stuff.

>normie
Anyways, I blame video garbage slowly blending with anime. Also I blame all the cape shit for everything wrong with modern cinematography.

>What went wrong?
Netflix

Just leave and end yourself.

This is the thing I don't fucking understand
>normalfags claim to love anime
>but hate "pervy" shit like Monogatari and Konosuba
>ask them what are they watching this season and they say DB Super and Re Zero

Jesus Christ

You aren't wrong, just check this guy out.

Kys weeaboo davido kun

>You should actually be happy that they hate that stuff.

You really shouldn't. These are the things that change when things become mainstream because companies begin catering to mainstream fans rather than the niche. We're lucky Japan is still the biggest market or it would have changed already.

You aren't wrong in the slightest.

No wonder they're losing their country to a bunch of muslims.

This basically. Almost none of the shows anyone talks about here ever show up in normie circles. As unbelievable as this sounds, they're basically in a vacuum where the only anime that exist are cowboy bebop, evangelion, gurren lagann, ouran, and death note.

Ah, that kinda explains everything. To an outsider like me, your country is both prudish, and hyper-sexualized. Being a virgin past your early 20s in the States would indeed be "abnormal".
>kys
Have some self-respect, type the whole thing out.

Oh god! Somebody knows more about the intricacies of a certain foreign language than I do! Better call them a "weeb", that will tell them!

Normalfags don't hate Konosuba, they hate monogatari though
Plenty of normalfags like SnK, F/Z, typical shounen. They tend to hate moeshit
As they should, it's boring.

Le Pen will make anime real and force North African üntermenschen to work in underground factories where the world's first mecha-based army will be created.

There's usually one or two shows normal people like, in the past it was Naruto, FMA, Cowboy Bebop, and bleach. Right now it's OPM.
In my opinion the only thing thats changed is us. We used to wait with bated breath for each episode of a good show. We'd lose our fucking minds over the slightest twist and turn. That kind of atmosphere just isn't here anymore. I think people are just more content to wait untill an entire anime is released, and just binge watch the whole thing, rather than watch something together with Sup Forums.

I mean, anyone can go and fuck ugly fat shits, I mean chicks.

Found the normalfag.

Why do normalfags have better taste in anime than Sup Forums?

Anyone else thinks Sup Forums is one of the prime contributing factors?
For those who don't know Sup Forums has been using momiji as their mascot
>pic related
They have since, spilled over to reddit which adopted the usage of momiji

The internet being more easily accessible. Anything that ends up in the net will get ruined.

Why do I have better taste in anime than everyone else?

It really is, the pressure throughout high school was crazy to have sex.

But hey I mean I'm not one to complain. Probably one of the best feelings I've ever experienced.

Explain to me why you enjoy moeshit, I'm not talking about SoL with actual plot, but shows with no plot and only "cute" girls
Explain it, without saying muh dick likes it

It's comfy and muh dick likes it.

I mean if muh dick likes it then there's no issue

Normalfags love Code Geass, Sup Forums likes too

so both of them have shit taste?

This is true, I can't watch weekly shows as they are airing because I hate waiting and would just rather watch it at my own pace when it is done.

I mean, muh dick likes it and it gets me away from the daily troubles

Or that Sup Forums = normalfags
JoJo, OPM and CG should have been a huge hint desu

>normie
Fuck off.