What did you think of Gankutsuou?

What did you think of Gankutsuou?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FRnv0GYNG-4
youtube.com/watch?v=y0x6bENmeS8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anime for patricians.

Best adaptation of the book.

Nice as its own thing, though I prefer the book's end and handling of the Count by far. Should have kept the lesbians in, instead of turning it completely into a sausage bonanza. Lovely character designs. Haydee is

Who were the lesbians?

It's a minor side plot with Eugenie and her female piano teacher, with whom she eventually elopes. There even was a scene in an early trailer, that hinted at that plot thread, but evidently it didn't make it into the final series. Kinda funny that they threw out a canon gay couple to have more screetime for homoerotic bait with Albert.

Best girl (male)

A masterpiece as well as

Is Romeo x Juliet anywhere as good as this?

Unlike Youasa's works, gankatsuo is a prime example where people mistake mediocre story and characters for quality fiction because of unorthodox visuals.

>mediocre story and characters
>Alexandre Dumas
Wew

Baptistin was best boy

Albert is a fucking faggot. Franz is a best boy. Cavalcanti is a fag, but did 10/10 revenge, and i actually like him.

No, Romeo x Juliet is completely different premise and atmosphere than Gankutsuo. Still good for it's own series though nothing like the levels of Gank

It's amazing. I cried when Franz died .

The similarity between the book and the anime are superficial.

That and Vandread are the only anime that i like to ever come from Gonzo

I see that the director of Gankutsuou also directed Final Fantasy Unlimited, can it really be as bad as they say?

let me put it this way, they couldn't make popular an anime about Final Fantasy, how much more can you fail?

They did NHK and seto no hanayome.

Well they couldn't make a popular FF movie either, and Unlimited at least didn't bankrupt Square.

>NHK
oh, sorry, forgot about that
>Seto
i did't liked it that much

NHK, Last Exile, FMP, Speed Grapher.

It was a well stylized adaptation, but has the problem most of the adaptations have by sticking only to one half of the story. One of two(?) Gonzo shows that's actually good.

damn, i have shit memory

It was good, but not "that" good. They made some good changes, especially with Eugenie (in the original she's a feminist lesbian) and the way they portrayed Fernand. But a lot of other stuff was just trivialized.

Villefort was stereotypical as fuck, Maximillien lost all of his importance for Edmond, Benedetto was an obnoxious asshole, and so on.

I still prefer the Book. Though I might understand why not many people would want to read more than 1200 pages.

Last Exile wasn't good.

gorgeous art and soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=FRnv0GYNG-4

>MONTE CRISTOWNED
Made me laugh.

A fucking masterpiece.

>nigger
>shit writing

Pick both.

I feel blessed that I watched it as late as I did, since it meant I could picture Albert and Franz as Quenther and Hevia.
It made the ending the best thing ever, as Quenther fucking Barbotaged his heart

SO TONIGHT I'LL SING

A SONG TO MY FRIENDS

Where to download? It's not on nyaa.

AND TO THOSE WE WON'T BE SEEING AGAIN

AND TO THE ONES WITH WHOM I STILL ADORE

AND WANT TO SEE ONCE MORE

Calm down Monsieur Candy.

I reread the book recently, still great. While the twist they put on the count was interesting, it changes the whole point of the story.

Great, too bad about the godawful CG.

>GANKUTSUCKMYDICK
youtube.com/watch?v=y0x6bENmeS8

Reminder Ferdnand got his dick sucked by a trap

I liked his pirate suit that you knew was a pirate suit because it said "PIRATE" all over it.

wrong story at the wrong time.
Had they just released the FF7 movie then things would had turned out differently.

A complete bastardization. Forced non-canon romance between Albert and Eugenie was trash.

Only his dick sucked?

Mediocre writing, dialogue, and characterization. Okay, but nothing memorable. The unique color style thing hides also mediocre animation.

Too many
>mediocres
in your post.

It's okay, user. We're here to help you cope with your crippling autism.

>Lol you used a big word twice.smug anime face

Get fucked fagbook cocksucker

What did she mean by this?

>she

Have you even watched it?

Amazing taste. Franz should have won.

Eugenie was a fucking cunt in the book but super cute in this

>if I imply that I only derive entertainment exclusively from deep storylines and no other components of visual mediums at all everyone will think I'm so mature and cool!

That track gives me goosebumps to this very day.

Subtly implying that he can pick locks due to being a thief while making it sound like he(she's) flirting with him.

Come on user are you that socially inept?

Drawer is a metaphor for pants.
Just a little bit before SHE implyed she fucked his dad.

>tfw no space turk gf

Shit man I bought these DVDs as they were coming out. Still a great series. I don't think I have fansubs around anymore either so Im glad I at least have the DVDs to rewatch.

Happy Birthday, Albert

>SHE implyed she fucked his dad.
When did that happen?

The original story of the Count of Monte Cristo was 100x better.
This shit was hard to watch.

She says to Albert that he can't fire her because she's in REALLY good terms with his dad, he being the dense moron he is asks what did she mean by that, so she answers that even his dad is a man after all and licks her lips lewdly.

/thread

Please. She obviously means she so constantly seduces people she often ends up hiding inside drawers as their actual lovers unexpectedly arrive.

Utter trash for plebs who never read the book. They could have even saved it by having Albert and Franz end up together, but instead they shoehorned in an awful romance with that cunt Eugenie.