Is GT worth watching at all...

Is GT worth watching at all? I'm currently making my way through the dragon ball franchise and I want to plan ahead for weather or not I should watch it before Super

Watch Super first it'll make you appreciate GT

The only issue with that is Super doesn't have an end in sight, does it?

It's only like 60 episodes long and it's less bad than super, so why not? It's not really good though.

In hindsight it's not all bad. There's a lot of DB elements in it but the story hinges on tropes that were exhausted by the end of Z. It's better than super though.

>Dat plot hole
BRAVO TORIYAMA.

Here is my blog

I started watching Dragonball and got to around episode 40, then began to read the DBZ manga and enjoyed it so much more than watching DBZ from when I was a kid. Shit moves so much faster. I guess I need to go back and keep watching Dragonball or read it.

I am also debating GT but last time I asked this question on here people said not to bother because it was shit but you never know I guess.

Dragon Ball manga covers base and Z anyway, so it's good to just read the whole thing in one go. And yeah, much better than the anime. I don't have the time or patience to watch DBZ, it's a huge amount of episodes at slow-ass pace and riddled with filler.

One of the few saving graces of GT is that the pace is much, much faster than Z's: It's about 60 episodes long for the whole thing. More or less the pacing of Super. It's not a very good show, but if you watch super you may as well, it's all bad.

only issue with super is that its shit

I was amazed when I got to the Serpent road part in the manga and it was over in a few pages, so much better than the anime.

>Watch Super first it'll make you appreciate GT
Wow. That is so sad yet true.

>Complimenting GT
>Shitting on Z
This ladies and gentlemen is what a secondary Dragon Ball fan looks like.

Yeah, the thing about weekly anime is that they have to stretch 22 pages to 22 minutes, which is why there's lots of pauses and reactions.
There are a few parts that work well in the anime, like Goku going Super Saiyan for the first time, but it's best to just go through the manga first.

People will say Super is worse but I'm willing to believe those people are selectively remembering a few good parts in GT and haven't rewatched it in years. Super is bad sure, but at least it doesn't take itself seriously and has kept that trend.

GT constantly doesn't know what it wants to be and misses out plenty of opportunities to be unique. Instead it tries to be some kind of DB and DBZ hybrid for 70% of the show and keeps missing the mark. Then when they decide to go back to being full Z-style it feels rushed and it's already over before it began.

I'd give it a watch but if you aren't enjoying it after a few episodes in don't bother. It has its moments but also has most of the worst parts of the series for me.

And you're what a speedreader looks like. It is undeniable that DBZ's pacing is slow as fuck, whereas GT is paced like Super. That is not a statement about how good each of them is.

Just because super is pretending to be retarded doesn't mean what it's doing isn't retarded.

Right, and Super is retarded I know. And just because GT is pretending to be a worthy sequel doesn't mean it's a worthy sequel.

Both are terrible. I think GT edges super out barely simply because of the production values, but I wouldn't disagree too hard with someone who feels Super wins by a bit. I just think "doesn't take itself seriously" gets thrown around often like it excuses anything.

No but it's better than Super.

super isnt a worthy sequel too but at least gt is not retarded

here=away from my laboratory

They're both retarded but at least GT didn't rip off GT with the Space Dragon Balls and other shit.

If a baby can make a radar entirely out of airplane parts, there's no special parts that she couldn't get outside of her laboratory.

Don't listen to these meme opinions.

GT is fucking horrible with literally 0 redeeming qualities.

And it's still better than Super.

Why do you fucks keep parroting this as if it absolves GT of its lack of merit? I'm asking as someone who doesn't think either is good.

>Shitty villains
>shitty characters desing
>shitty figths
>AWFUL humour
>Goku and Pan
The only good thing about GT was the soundtranks and nothing more. Super is shit, but it is WAY better than GT. Also, Black.

lel,
>Shitty villains
baby was good and not even super 17 was as bad as gloden
>shitty characters desing
ssj4 > blue
>shitty figths
lel, not as shit as ssj3 vs beerus
>AWFUL humour
trunks dancing to perform mufuba, 10/10 humor
>Goku and Pan
that was good, you just have shit taste

>black
wow, another goku clone? hes like 7th or 8th,

It all depends on what you like about the series.
I personally prefer Super at this point because it's ridiculous and doesn't pretend to be anything other than a shounen with gag manga origin. I'd say a good way to tell is if you liked the side of DB and parts of Z that are funny and ridiculous you'll like Super and won't really enjoy GT. Where if you like the super serious tone with energy battles and everyone but Goku being irrelevant, you'll like GT better.
No matter what anybody tells you here, they're both equally as shitty in quality, GT just has nostalgia going for it while Super has newness going for it.

>Why do you fucks keep parroting this as if it absolves GT of its lack of merit?
No one says this though. Saying GT is better than super is just shitting on super, not defending GT.

>>Shitty villains
>>shitty characters desing
>>shitty figths
>>AWFUL humour
>>Goku and Pan
Until the last line I seriously thought you were talking about Super.

Also the whole Black arc was as bad and retarded as Super 17.

>Saying GT is better than super is just shitting on super, not defending GT.
Alright, fair enough.

>ssj4 > blue
And Trunks's final form > SSJ4. Also, Merged Zamasu has the best desing of the franchise

>trunks dancing
>worse than shit like "pepper pot, pickle pot, purple pot"
Stop

>Black
>just another goku clone
You are really retarded

>You are really retarded
He is literally a shittier turles with an even dumber outlook in life.

Super, while not the best, is at least relatively consistent (even more so in the manga.) GT has way too many inconsistencies where it breaks its own universe's rules way too much. Also, Super managed to pull the gag+serious combo far better than GT could even though GT went as far as making Goku a kid again.

>GT has way too many inconsistencies where it breaks its own universe's rules way too much.
By anime alone, I definitely disagree. Both pay equivalently fuckall attention to the power relationships. The gag point is pretty subjective so I won't argue it.

I loved it when I was younger, but Z is a million times better. Im just looking forward to the GT sequel. I think AF will the best dragonball series.

GT is a massive filler.

Xicor and the West kaioshin are practically Black and Zamasu anyway.

Done better though. You got to admit, Super is basically a shitty ripoff of AF. The two have many similarities even though AF is a fan manga.

>Done better though.
Well, I kind of want to deny that because of how utter dogshit the latter half of the arc was, but I'll accept it for now.

The Black Dragonballs / Super Dragon Balls thing is a funnier "coincidence" for me, and the spaceballs were better done in GT in my opinion.

so, like GT

It's official. GTfags are insane. Or maybe this is just a bait

I'm laughing way too hard at this description.

I never thought of this, but I never hear re-color SSGSS fags bitching about the shitty RED Shenron in GT.

Because everyone agrees GT is shit. And also because even if GT shenron is just a big red recolor, at least it didn't do this.

Am I the only one watching DBZ for its fight scenes and ignoring everything else? I did watch the tournment SoL arc though

Considering that's all DBZ is remembered for, I'd say you're far from the only one.

Everyone that has a little sanity knows that DB > Z > GT >= Super

The original was the best and sadly will never be topped. That was the true series that deserved a kind of a sequel, or even a spin-off. The world back then was so much more interesting than this whole saiyan shit. Ah well...

Super is better than GT in almost every single way.

>He is literally a shittier turles with an even dumber outlook in life.
Turles was a complete waste. How the hell do you do an evil Goku and not incorporate his love of fighting at all? Even though it was Zamasu's mind in Goku's body that still got incorporated into Goku Black's personality. Turles lacking Goku's one defining trait that could be cast in a dark light made him completely lacking as an evil mirror of Goku.

Turles was a generic Toei's villain without any characterization besides "being edgy". Just like every GT villain

>Everyone agrees GT is shit.
No they fucking don't, have you been in a DB thread in the last year?

Super is infinitely more watchable than GT.

Give it a go, try to make it to the final arc. It wraps things ups nicely. And try to get the episodes with the original music. The music is underrated.

She is in the fucking temple floating above the sky, there's nothing here, did she bring any capsules with her?
Also that baby is smarter than Bulma.

Good GT fights
>Gohan vs Baby Goten
>Baby Gohan vs Vegeta

Good Super fights
>God Goku vs Beerus
>Goku vs Hit
>Black and Zamasu vs Goku and Trunks
>Vegetto vs Merged Zamasu

>comparing black to turles
It's as if you never even watched super

You are assuming that people praise GT when they compare it favorably to Super because you like Super. This is not the case. -10 is still greater than -25, despite also being negative.

Trunks had to pick up the radar because bulma said it was impossible to make without special parts from her lab. But the baby proved it could be built out of airplane bits. There must be hundreds of planes in their world.

>>Black and Zamasu vs Goku and Trunks
5 seconds of decent animation is a "good fight" for you?

worst than fanfiction story cannot be compared to magnificent story like. Has been 2 decade reading fanfiction never see single time a story that can pull asspull and ilogical consistency as bad as Super. It's the worst fanfiction that i have read the defender just an idiot.

> like GT

No you were right the first time.

Shows me the asspull that greater than golden freeza asspull because said thing never exist. Even the most bullshit MC asspull lost by thousands miles with how freeza attain his asspull.

How the fuck do you even make a machine that knows where random magical objects are in the world when you made it when you may or may not have had 1 of them

Right about what? I think the posting as whole has been clear.

>Goku was a fucking nobody with just 400-500 power units
>After 4 months he has the power to beats the shit out of the most powerful being in the universe
Also, the androids.

lol that's weak jump of power level not even 1 per trilion freeza jump's and he is not even the strongest in the universe and weak actually. He just spoiled kid protected by a lot of soldier because he's afraid to lose.

thats because goku has zenkai bullshit.
frieza does not have zenkai bullshit.

Mystic Gohan and Gothenks SSJ3

Try not being an idiot, okay.

Fuck off retarded.

Try to learn english correctly before posting. The most important thing's to keep your shitposting minimum.

Remember vegeta at ssb die instantly when freeza destroy earth? the idiot will defend vegeta just don't have oxygen and the scene just very quick so cannot go to whis that fly low slowly seeing the destrcuction. Even idiot now that human can hold breath almost half an hour and saiyan cannot even hold breath less than a minute LMAO.

If you liked the movies you'll like GT, it's essentially a couple of slightly more creative movies stretched into a series.

It's pretty out there and has almost nothing to do with anything but it's entertaining enough if you just want more DBZ.

Z > A stinking pile of dog shit > GT > Emo Fanfiction Garbage > Super

Just like, skip it man.

GT is the best series from the whole franchise so yes, watch it.

So when did you guys finally start admitting that GT is better than Super? What was it that broke the camel's back?

No, Super 17 was leagues more retarded.

Trolls parroting the same shit.

Android/Cell saga took hard leaps into fanfiction territory and everyone loved that.
>guy comes out of nowhere and kills mecha freeza with a badass sword
>time travel
>LOTS of vore
>Vegeta/Bulma Crack ship out of nowhere
>Little Gohan becomes the ultimate badass and kills Cell
>Also the hot android is Krillin's girlfriend now

And yet,

Super 17 is cool arc that summarize the martial artist on strategy to defeat his enemy. lol super doesn't even has blood to show when fatal damage taken even when hand's cutted super 17 was miles better it's not comparable.

Most people that hate on Super haven't watched past the first two admittedly bad seasons.

When will these spics leave Sup Forums?

GT is utter garbage and anyone saying it's better than GT is only trolling. Nobody on this Earth would honestly believe it

GT was such uninspired mediocre trash.

Reminder: GT is the only series to forget that Goku is a physical fighter, not a Ki spammer.

I don't care you idiot your reasoning is like how brainless idiot will say. lol.

That applies to both Super and GT. Except while GT is decent ideas done exceptionally poorly, Super is bad ideas done even worse

Super 17 logic: Base Goku > Super Saiyan 4 Goku

lol this idiot again unlike super GT actually has tons ultimate boss kills using fist than using ki blast. i cannot expect a brainless like you to remember.

Super actually has creative ideas and writing. Whether you like them is another story.

GT is boring as fuck and completely forgettable.

A grand total of... zero?
Goku killed Super 17 with a Kamehameha.
And Baby.

Omega Shenron was Spirit Bomb'd.

Lol there is no such thing you totally brainless idiot. Super 17 already in near dead situation when fist punched to dead. Super 17 just pretend to lose to base goku to make him wasting his ki and stamina.

>GTfags actually exist
What's it like to have shit taste?

goku killed super 17 with fist you mother fucker idiot so are some dark shenrons.

They don't exist. It's just a bunch of spics hating on Super

As a kid, the one thing that fucking killed GT for me more than anything else, was the soundtrack.

I was totally fine with the Bruce Faulconer music, but my mind instantly just could not stand the shit Funimation put out for GT. The things Mark Mancina made that guitar do were just awful.

What does being a spic have anything to do with hating Super?