Is Akira worth watching, Sup Forums?

is Akira worth watching, Sup Forums?

How about you watch it and find out.

Watch it and decide if it was worth it.

Visually stunning and intriguing from a purely theatrical angle, but it's missing like 3/4th of the story in the manga and skips right to the end. Still intriguing and keeps you hooked, has stunning animation and action scenes, although some scenes are lackluster and don't lead anywhere fast.

I'm actually here having a look around because there's a thread on Sup Forums about Akira and someone said the guys at Sup Forums are assholes and won't talk about entry-level stuff like that - well, I'm paraphrasing.
I've certainly never heard of any of the stuff in the other threads but then I guess they must be modern shows

Yes

Get the fuck out

Sure why not. It's a technical masterpiece (brilliant animation).

Yes. It's also much better than Ghost in the Shell.

Go choke on a pretzel.

Akira is shit. It features some of the ugliest character designs of all time and there is barely any shading. None of the girls are even cute. And let's not forget the retarded story.
>edgy kid gets powers for literally no reason and becomes evil
What a masterpiece.

Give it a try, it's pretty good. I'd lurk for a while if you intend to post on Sup Forums regularly though.

Rude
Thanks!

I thought it was underwhelming after hearing so much about it. Super good animation though. Lots of people say the manga is better but I wouldn't know.

It's bit weirdly paced and the characters aren't to interesting but the world and strange story makes up for it

TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kys

why do so many cancer kids worship Akira? Baby's first summer blockbuster?

fuck off back to Sup Forums and stay there you faggot mongoloid.

But Kaneda looks cool

GitS babby found

>philosophical analyzation of humanity and technology and communication
vs.
>the knowledge to build rocket ships is in our DNA! We're God!

It's brilliant, one of the best animated movies of all time.

Just don't mention you're from another board and ignore about 90% of the posts here and you'll be good.
More often than not it's just a few retards sperging out over each others opinions on Japanese cartoons. Just try to contribute to actual discussion.

>Literally no reason.
There is a reason, I'm sorry you can't follow an hour long movie retard-kun.

GitS tries too hard while saying nothing. It just asks a couple of obvious questions without ever trying to form a real opinion or answer. It also tries to have this political drama side to it, but it's not in there for any real reason; it could have been dropped altogether and it wouldn't have lost anything. It just wanted to try to appear to be a little bit smarter by sprinkling that in.

>the knowledge to build rocket ships is in our DNA! We're God!
If that's what you got out of Akira, then I don't know what to say to you.

Overrated and boring
I literally had to force myself to finish it

Ow, so edgy

Then what was it about faggot?