This is Japanese education system

This is Japanese education system

Route memorization. I used the same method when I was learning chinese.

bretty gud handwriting desu

Go back to hell, satan

Can you construct a sentence?

it's basically anki in hand written form

FIFTY FUCKING TIMES

But that's not the best way to learn vocabulary of any Western language.

Yep

Flashcards are better

>i have a notebook front to back filled with japanese hiragana and katakana

Yeah, but I only used this method to memorize the vocabulary.

IN YOUR MUTHER FUCKIN NOTEBOOK

Well, I'm not really sure how you study a Western language. I just kept playing games and browsed the internet to learn English.

S-senpai, I do three pages, i-is that enough?

It's calligraphy class obviously

Exactly. Just read a book/newspaper with a dictionary by your side.

Can you construct a sentence if you don't know any vocabulary?

Knowing vocabulary is just as important as knowing grammar, style, or usage. Rote memorization of vocabulary is a completely acceptable way to memorize and retain vocabulary, and learning and remembering vocabulary is a necessary component of learning a language.

Source: I'm a professional translator and linguist who speaks 2 languages fluently and can read/write in 4.

Do you speak nihongo?

Same, but I never actually learn the words I write. If anything, I feel like it's ineffective because I rarely remember the words I wrote when the next list/homework comes along.

This is American education system

Any tips to memorizing vocab?
I write it like 20 times each and then write each word out 10 times until i dont miss a single character.
Im able to retain the character for a week and BAM next week i forget the whole damn character.

You do have to actually use the words you learn. Reading, listening, producing, whatever. Your brain is smart enough to dump bullshit you won't use.

Yes, there is actually quite a bit wrong with the Japanese education system, but outside of animu, that's a subject for

It's because of that learning style stuff. It was called kinesthetic IIRC, where you need to write/do whatever you're trying to learn to remember it.

Personally, I tend to forget the kanji that I don't know how to write, so it depends on the person.

Expose yourself to the language you're learning more often.

It was the same with me when I learned English, I had to watch shit in English, read books in English and if I ever watched TV in my native tongue, I had to read the subs (or closed caption as they call it).

What's the issue? I did the same when learning Greek

I want flashpanties to learn Japanese

Right, I get that. It's such a shame that I only get to learn Chinese on Saturdays while learning English 5 days a week for my entire Elementary School childhood. I really should get back to apply what I write into what I read.

instead of learning vocabulary, just read things and figure out what words are actually used. Then write those words down for later

Do anki.

For each character make up some stupid story that resembles it.

What a waste of superior white genes

>translator
>can't speak 20 languages

>zoom in on the picture of the anime character
>fap
>zoom out a little to see what the picture was about
>see "trap"
>uncontrollably throw up for 10 minutes
I'm going to bed now

hownew.ru

I think the vomiting is God trying to tell you to stop being such a massive homosexual.

Are you really so pathetic that fapping to a fucking drawing makes you throw up?

Thank you all, ill try your suggestions.
Also any tips for a good chinese textbook?
The one from /trv/? listed ones i used in highschool and that clearly didnt end well for me

this is how they taught spelling in my elementary school 18 years ago

write this word 10 times, write that word 10 times...