Jinrui was Suitai Shimashita

So, how did this novel end?
I watched Jinrui a few years ago and kinda forgot checking info about the LN, since there was hardly any.

Checking some websites, it seems the ending was rather odd, but I haven't been able to find any specifics on the ending.

Everyone was fairies except for Assistant, which is why he couldn't talk with anyone.

Humanity declined even further.

Her design changed and she became a slut wearing booty shorts.

What?

What?

WHAT?

Why are you that surprised? When Assistant was introduced, The Heroine specifically states that he was "the last member of an ethnic group." You also had the Pioneer and Voyager not being able to see the "fairies." The clues were there even on the anime.

>The Heroine specifically states that he was "the last member of an ethnic group."
I thought the were talking about caucasians.

>You also had the Pioneer and Voyager not being able to see the "fairies."
But they weren't human and Assistant could see fairies.

Anyhow, if people were the actual fairies, what were the fairies? Super Fairies?

>You also had the Pioneer and Voyager not being able to see the "fairies."
But they were able to see Pinkie.

What a shit.

>Everyone was fairies except for Assistant, which is why he couldn't talk with anyone.
Wrong. He can talk just fine, he just doesn't do it until the end of the story. The thing that sets him apart from everyone else is that he can't use magic.

Also, he and Watashi starts dating and possibly end up happily married.

>Also, he and Watashi starts dating and possibly end up happily married.
Dropped.

Did you read the novels yourself? That part about The Heroine and Assistant dating gets tossed around a lot but other people claim that is just bullshit.

They do go on a date (they pretend that they're working, but it's pretty obviously a pretext) in Heijou Unten, a collection of short stories published after the main series. There is also the spiel Grandpa gave Watashi about 'taking responsibility', not letting the species die out and how blood gets stronger when it's mixed right near the end of volume 9. And yes, I've read the novels myself.

Romeo did release another short story collection (presumably the final Jintai book that will be released) a little while back which I haven't read yet, though. If the people claiming I'm bullshitting is basing it on information revealed in that volume then well, I can't really argue.

p-pic?

Nah, I believe people started countering the "dating" thing immediately after vol 9 dropped. At least, it's not a new thing. I just wanted to know if you had read it or just knew by other people.

There wasn't much to imply the dating thing in volume 9 other than the fact that Grandpa was pushing Watashi towards it and her own reaction.

Heijou Unten makes a pretty solid case, even if it doesn't go out and say so directly. In fact, the date story ends with Watashi (AKA, the first-person narrator) explicitly choosing NOT to describe the 'inconvenient details, the shocking events and the embarrassing words' of their final conversation, leaving it at simply stating that they 'gradually deepened their understanding of each other' instead.

I'd gradually deepen my understanding into Watashi, if you know what I mean.

This is one of few anime that I know I had fun watching it but don't remember any of it. Time to rewatching it I guess.

How can you not remember the dorm shitfest, banana, chicken conspiracy, time paradogs, Watashi the manga, Queen Watashi, WATASHI IS GOD, and many more?

>banana

>tfw novel translations never
>not even any summaries or anything for a non-moon speaker to know what happens

If you've read the novels, what's the context of pic related? Always been curious.

How old is Watashi? I tried to calculate it with the little bits of information in the last arc, but I couldn't get a precise number.

Your daily reminder that the best girl and worst girl of Summer 2012 were voiced by the same person

Wait, so it's true that everyone was a fairy except Assistant?

Probably in her early 20s, based on my expert subjective opinion with no evidence

>top imouto
>worst girl

>liking Chewy Yui

Be honest, how many of you have fapped to Watashi?

There's evidence, it just isn't enough to say beyond early 20s.
She's a nice lady but I don't like old hags.

It's from one of the stories that didn't get adapted into the anime. It's been a while since I read it now, but basically fairy magic screws things up (as per usual) and turns the world into a videogame, complete with memory limitations, glitches, console generation shifts and genre shifts. It was pretty good.

Early twenties. Probably. The books aren't exactly generous with details like names and ages; IIRC the only human main characters that are actually named in the story are Assistant (Joshua Courtney) and Watashi (Margot), and both of those names were only mentioned once each in passing during the final volume.

Yes. In the end, though, there isn't a huge difference between 'big faeries' like Watashi and regular humans (well, human) aside from the whole magic thing.

>Assistant (Joshua Courtney) and Watashi (Margot)
Margot? Really?

>Watashi (Margot)

Well, that kind of takes the charm off from it.

But why was it mentioned at all in the final volume?

So how do they explain the small fairies being wrong as fuck about calling her 人間さん 人間さん all the fucking time?

I'm not him, but she's a fairy in the form of a human and fairies are really just a new kind of human.

even if she is a fairy, she's still best girl in my heart

Probably. It's given as マーゴ (maago) in katakana, and Margot (or Margo, Margaux, etc) seemed like the most appropriate candidate to me.

Incidentally, one of Watashi's nicknames is 'mago-chan' (mago meaning grandchild), and it's one she dislikes being called for some reason. Also incidentally, the Japanese word for assistant is 'joshu'.

So they're just pun names.

Pretty much, yeah.

Oh, now that's a different story all together.

Approximately how many "episodes" worth of material are not covered by the anime?

Does the Fujo ever show up again?

Like 17 or so.

There is a long flashback/time travel sequence in which she ends up seeing her parents (pic related), and they mention her name while talking to each other.

Assistant's is given at the very end where Grandpa, who has become one with the force at this point (or the fairy equivalent) sends Watashi a letter that says, among other things, that his gun collection is to be given to Joshua Courtney. It isn't stated directly, but it's understood that he's talking about Assistant.

Assuming 4 episodes per book (which was the pacing for the factory and manga world arcs), 20.

She becomes part of the regular cast from her first appearance (the school flashback in volume 5) and on.

Bump