Fruits Basket

>DBZ gets DBZ Kai
>FMA gets FMA Brotherhood
>Sailor Moon gets Crystal
>Fruits Basket gets a sequel manga and is being re-released in new editions, plus it's 10 year anniversary is coming up soon.

Fruits Basket anime remake fucking WHEN?!

Oh yeah forgot to mention Cardcaptor Sakura is also getting a sequel and new anime, so seriously now it's the time for old-school staple remakes, where the fuck is my manga-accurate Fruits Basket anime?!

Because those series were actually good.

As is Fruits Basket, at least the manga is. The anime is hot garbage though, I agree.

The manga becomes garbage in its second half too.

>All these sequels

2016 is the best year

And of actual GOOD stuff! Hopefully the LN, moe, waifu focus in the industry is finally dying out. Even otaku can't she'll out shekels for all those LE DVDs forever, gotta focus on the normie crowd for once.

Still no Furuba anime remake tho...

R-Reeeeee...

Never Ever.

Check back in 2018 when it'll be it's 20th anniversary.

Bump.

I just want to see best girl, tiger loli animated again.

This is now a tiger loli dump thread

I need manga-accurate anime, dammit. Also need more of best girl Rin.

Although since Ritsuko Okazaki is deceased I wonder who will replace her...

Dog is the worst piece of shit. I know he actually admits that he is a piece of shit in the manga but I still have to say it.

Fuck off

What was wrong with him again? Is it because he's a pedo? Are people that bothered by a silly little 7-8 year age difference?

I read the manga when I was 16 or something.
To this day there are still several things I still do not understand.
Sometimes the dialogue of the manga is too pretentious. I don't know if I was stupid or the mangaka just felt like putting it there.
Prime example: Hattori (Dragon) and Mayu interaction. Why the fuck did she cry on the beach? Why did she crying remind Hattori of some child in the house?
What the fuck was going on? There were several instances in the manga where things were left unclear for the sake of being unclear.
I might want to read it again someday though.

Fruits basket is horribly bad. The manga has sex and rape all over.

>There were several instances in the manga where things were left unclear for the sake of being unclear.
user this might surprise you but it was written by a woman.

But sex and rape are the good thing of it.

>rape

It's full of sex yes but this literally never happened.

That reminds me: Why did the dog guy (Shigure) even like reverse trap in the first place? I don't remember them ever explaining that development either.

I seem to recall that when the shit leader imprisoned the horse she had her raped.

If I remember correctly, every zodiacs love her the moment she was born because it's in their DNA. I interpret this as admiration more than love.
Shigure is the only one who went further and want to love her in a man-woman way.

No she was beaten and tortured but never raped, there was no rape to be found in the manga.

user, the leader was a girl. All the leader did was bully Rin.
The leader was hetero as fuck.

But why he out of everyone? And why didn't that desire to away for him when the curse broke if it was curse related?

The manga has some excellent writing at times but also some seriously shit writing too.

Yeah their relationship was really fuzzy and it was never clearly explained.
All we know is he loves her for what she is.
Why though, we never know. But we know that he lover her despite the curse, that is why he is still with her at the end.

>All the girls are hetero
>Not even bi

Thanks for reminding me why this manga sucks. All the girls in it are cock-hungry sluts, there's no one pure among them, thus it is automatic garbage.

So a classic case of just telling us instead of showing us?

No wonder that pairing always felt so weird and forced.

There is a cross dressing guy though although I don't think you really care.

It's just /u/ starting shit again, not tumblr.

Yep. They have little to no interaction. All they did was pretty much sleeping together,

Yuri is the purest form of love though.

And Shigure telling Hatori that he's loved her ever since he saw her in a "dream."

This is early Disney Princess romance-tier writing, it's laughably bad.

Reading the first few volumes again. I can now explain Kyo's weird behavior toward Toru.
He just feels guilty as fuck all the time. Pure guy.

Kyo is best boy and Tohru/Kyo is the best romance in the entire manga. It was written so beautifully and naturally it's amazing an author could go from writing that to a "romance" like the one above.

wtf happened?

I feel like the author want to explore more of the Shigure/Akito relationship. But by the point their love was introduce, we already have too many plotlines already:
-Tohru/Kyo
-Yuki and the girl I don't remember the name
-Haru/Rin
-Hattori/Mayu
I think she had to rush things because the manga was already long enough.

>Fruits Basket gets a sequel manga
What? When? How?
After almost 10 years? Really?

She literally tells the reason why he loves her so early on before we even got to all that other stuff (that convo is from volume 3)

It's not a matter or not having had enough time to explore or not, she just decided THAT would be the reason instead of actually development and chemistry and again it's mind-boggling cause she's usually great at writing romance.

Read it and weep user.

So, after generations of incest, Tohru and gangs came and fuck everything up.
That is how I take this manga.

Nah it's more of a theme of how parents are bad and bad parenting can really screw up your life unless you choose to move on and choose a family of your own through real genuine bonds instead of just blood obligation.

I was joking.
But Yuki fucking up her mother's plan was a really satisfying arc.
In the end she has no way else but to accept it as a normal parent should.

That was pretty sweet when he finally gained a backbone and stood up to his bitch mother.

Shame he lost the Tohrubowl though.

Well, Yuki see Tohru as a mother figure doesn't surprise me as it was forshadowed very early.
Still a shame though.

Don't mind me just posting my waifu and best girl.

>Get penetrated by pretty much all male zodiacs
>best girl
Best slut maybe.

No, but don't you remember? He loved her like she was his mother the whole time!

It's not her fault Sup Forums is full of otaku trash that feel their small dicks being threatened by "impure" women.

Go back to watching Love Live if you can't handle realistically portrayed female characters.

Biggest cop-out of all time...

Do we have translation after Chapter 7.2?
Everything seems to stop there.

Unfortunately, nope. Hope Yen Press licenses it soon.

What a shame. For once we are going to meet old Yuki.
The manga is pure of nostalgia service and I love it.

I think the mangaka said she wasn't going to show any of the previous main characters, you'll just hear references to them from their kids and that's all unfortunately.

This is the actual/official Furuba girls ranking list.

Rin > Akito > Tohru > Kagura >Hana > Uo > Kisa > Machi

I mean, I did understand why he ended up liking Machi. Even Tohru saw him as a prince, but Machi was able to see him as just a lonely dude.

>The author has to discontinue her previous manga due to health issue.
Oh Japan, never change. Being a mangaka is the worst thing ever.

>Hana and Uo that low
>Kagura that high

how can drawing pictures be that taxing on your health

Kagura's a yandere, yanderes are always top-tier