Steins Gato

HE'S BACK BABY

>Objection!

This nigga just jumps up in an entire lecture hall and wrecks everyones shit, all to not disappoint his waifu looking down at him from heaven.
Lel what a kiddo

>DrinkWorks

What, are those the guys that made Shrok? And Joy Story?

Also image

What constitutes a "soul" anyway? Is it just electrical signals in the brain that store and transmit information, and that's how we perceive things around us, or is our brain capacity and ability a result of evolution advancing us to just be at the top of the food chain with superior intelligence?

I think there must be something else, like what if humans are unique in the universe, and our brains are just a catalyst for a "soul." Maybe humans are the only animals capable of independent thought, whether that's because we don't rely on instinct as much as other animals could be the reason, but I'd like to think it's because we are special.

I agree in a way, but i just hope there are other specials, however far they mag be from earth

There's little usable information in the area of "brain science" anyway. Most of what we know comes from subjecting people to certain stimuli and then observing the densities of neurons firing in response, additionally, we "know" certain areas of the brain are associated with say, sight, because when they are damaged people have problems processing images they see. This is clearly all rather hand-wavy and lacking in concrete evidence of causality. I think it will be a very, very long time before we even come near figuring out whether human sapience and the sense of "selfness" (or what you'd call a soul), is a purely biological phenomenon or if there's an unexplained, potentially spiritual component to it.

>That terrible formatting
Is this the hacked translation patch?

N-No..
Yeah it is. But it's very understandable so I can't complain

I'm not sure if I could deal with that for the length of a VN. Thankfully the Vita release is pretty polished.

You can wait until next year's official PC release goy, don't worry, i'll spoil it for you

What we know so far, tells us that we are alone, which in and of itself is scary as hell.
But hey, the chances of finding aliens are so slim who knows, we should've seen intelligent life by now, hence the Fermi Paradox

But I hope so too, just to know that if humanity disappears one day, life will still go on elsewhere.

I don't play many VN's so I don't mind the format, but this game is damn good though, so I'm enjoying it so far.

Pierce the heavens

BUY MY GAME
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Shrok

>60 FPS
How? Our eyes can't see beyond 30 FPS.

>Gato
God damned native english speakers, with their fucked up romaji. It's "geito". Your "gato" reads like "gatto", which is far from reality.

Sorry Nip
Shteiunys, Gayeto

The general scientific consensus on "consciousness" is that it is the result of aggregate neural activity across a number of regions in the brain.

The "soul" is usually philosophically defined and does not have any material or even observable component depending on the paradigm in question and is generally not something even considered in science unless someone wants to propose some sort of definition.

A note on your comment about vision, we actually know a bit more than that with understanding how image processing occurs in areas such as V1 - V3 and how they become more abstract the deeper into the layer you move while at the initial points of contact from the optical nerve they are almost 1 - 1 positional representations.

I love the character emoji things, the logic behind having you own character in a phone conversation is quite weird.

You're not making it any better!
shoo (not shoo, like shoo, shoo, but shoo (шу) -thai-ns ; gee-to

What about individuality? I know it sounds strange, but without getting too deep and all, how can we prove that every human has their own "consciousness" if everything I see and I experience is only from my point of view and as a result of my own "consciousness." It's a stupid thought, but I can't think of a way to prove that everyone else is the same as me.

How does it make you feel knowing that 80% of the people who learn your language do it because H-games and VNs often take up to 5 years to get a fan translation?

Wtf, I was just messing around, I have no idea how to pronounce or even do any of the linguistics behind Japanese language. It sounds cool I guess, but that's about it from me.

>Shrok
God damnit

It is an honorable feeling I would Imagine, the language of the virgin.

I can imagine Kursiu browsing Sup Forums
She probably would shitpost about herself.

The questions you are asking are rooted in philosophy, and thus aren't something science can answer to your satisfaction.

Science is very matter of fact about this in that it will answer what it can answer. It prefers to avoid philosophical zombies. The apparent result of how people act and have shared experiences seems to point to people being aware enough to interact with each other in this capacity. There isn't any room for doubt since you are accounting for what you can see/test and if you currently lack the tools to test it or simply can't then it's a waste of energy to worry over it.

Though since we know people can fall unconscious from impacts that disturb the brain, it can be deduced that consciousness is an individual state for the individual. Just keep in mind that the scientific framing for "consciousness" and the philosophical idea you have in mind are two different things.

A lot of people also learn english to consume media, I don't think it's strictly a thing for the japanese language - although I do agree with the statistic you provided. A lot more people pick up japanese for media than people do for other languages. People feel like there's value behind learning it. Why learn arabic when the stuff you like and want more of are in japanese.

It's a good feeling, but also at the same time, depressing - because most people give a fuck about our media and not us as people.

It was either Kaede or Fubuki I think that made the chibis of everyone in their friend group to use on Daru's app. It'd be a fun way to promote friendship between everyone. They also make great reaction images.

Philosophy can be important too, but in the realm of science I can see its uselessness.

I still want to find out how to "transfer" a consciousness from one person to another, If you could perhaps one day find out how to quantify and measure where a conscious state is stored and used, then it should be able to be moved, or copied, like information.

Wait, I can play this on PC?

>because most people give a fuck about our media and not us as people

It's impossible to learn a language and not learn about the culture behind it. I've been learning Japanese, but it isn't the first language I've learned and I can say that there are some aspects of your culture I enjoy. However, some parts of it I find to be out dated or backward. Maybe it's just from my limited experience or bias based on what I know.

I try not to group people by nation very much since I think the idea of a nation is pointless. I prefer to consider people based on their culture/sub-culture.

W-Wait,
Is this the autistic version of Pepe?

Yes. With an English patch and the Japanese version of the game.

Oh shit, it's gero-kaeru.

>not knowing about gero frog

It's from Chaos;Head. Come on.

I'm doing it now dude, It works great with an english patch.
Just go on >reddit and get one.

Should I check that out too?
I haven't yet

Cool, I just started downloading in nyaa.

Good luck

Fucking useless EOP piece of trash

?

It's probably Fubuki. Kaede didn't seem like the kind of person to do such thing.
Speaking of Fubuki, here's her brother.

With Amadeus, she could shitpost AT herself.

If it's any comfort, I'm only here because of all the neato shit I saw on a holiday to Japan a couple of years ago. It's a cool place with some interesting history and culture, pop culture and otherwise.

So, I finished my first runthrough and think I got the bad ending. I've been enjoying it a lot so far, but I, appropriately so, my first runthrough did not feel like it had amazing closure. I'm starting another route, but what are everyone's opinions of the routes, without getting spoilery? And how do you think they will do the anime adaptation?

It's going to be a bitch to adapt because there isn't a single 'right' route. There's a true one, but it requires at least one other attempt first, and most players end up with the bad end first.

Nah. It has a good thing going at the start but somehow fucks it up very gradually and you end up hating it by the end

Nah, it'll be easy. First they go down Kurisu's route, send the D-mail, and then do the other side.

Who has the route image that's shaped like a zero?

Depends on how much episodes they're going to spend on each route.

It'll be like the first series. Borrow elements from the offshoot routes and put them in the main zero route. Rescuing Kagari and Maho having her final moments with Kurisu can happen at the same time. They'll skip the bad ending for sure.

IS THIS COMING TO PC OR NOT

No.

Does it worth sixty bucks or should I just get the shitty PC translated version?

Well it's certainly better than the first game

>VNs on fucking consoles
WHY
H
Y

>VNs on PC
WHY?

It will, soon enough. Just like the original. Probably on Steam, even.

If it's on vita there's probably a way to emulate it.

>VNs exclusive to PSP Vita
At least her ending was good

Because VNs have always been on PC. It was a fucking miracle the original 360 version got popular enough to warrant an anime.

What's the fucking difference? Either way I'm going to play it on my TV.

So is Chaos;Child anime going to be any good?

Was the VN even any good?

Did Sony suck their fucking dicks 24/7 to get them to make this shit console exclusives?

Do the Rounders do anything in Zero?

If vita games work the same way PSP games did its ezpz

Yes.

>He will never experience the absolute joy that is playing a masterpiece videogame in a comfy place, in the dark, with dat OLED screen
Why do you even live

>Was the VN even any good?
Yes.
>is Chaos;Child anime going to be any good?
Who knows, it'll probably ends up mediocre anyway.

More like they do everything

they're very relevant

in one route they're friendly while in the other they're enemies

>it's an "alliance with the onetime enemies" episode
picked the fuck up

>having money

you have no idea, it's one of the best moments in the whole game