How do you guys list what you're watched?

How do you guys list what you're watched?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/88re59hY
desuarchive.org/a/search/filename/Notepad/image/UUkZV_mAs3BfcA2hDCLMNA/
my.mixtape.moe/qygusm.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I dont

keep the files

I dont

MAL

this, who cares the people who comment there and the community. Its a good tool.

>pastebin.com/88re59hY
Text file.

Is that all?

XML file and it also lists in which HD I saved the files

.txt file

Started this year.

Taiga linked to mal

Ajin 11

Gate 24

Aiura 9

Bakuon 2

Berserk 13

Mayoiga 11

Rainbow 12

JoJo S4 E31

Big Order 9

New Game 2

Gintama 317

Kuma Miko 10

Momokuri 3/4 19:19

Taboo Tattoo 10 16:46

Alderamin on the Sky 2 11:09

Time Travel Shoujo 5 4:40

Shakunetsu Takkyuu Musume 2

Okusama 1

Flip Flappers 7 6:10

WWWWORKING!! 11

Drifters 10

3 Gatsu no Lion 1 14:15

Kono Bijutsubu 4 17:30

Amaama to Inazuma 9 3:24

Mahou Shoujo Nante 2

Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan 22

I've made a spreadsheet

I hate this meme.
No one writes down what they've watched unless they have literal autism or problems with memory loss.

I have a big inventory Excel spreadsheet. Being able to sort things however with a click or few is strangely fun

So, you keep forgetting you made this thread? Is that the meta-joke?
desuarchive.org/a/search/filename/Notepad/image/UUkZV_mAs3BfcA2hDCLMNA/

My brain

Logs are for normalfags.

this

I wanted to mark everything I watched on MAL but didn't wanna remember all the shit I've watched to many things to keep track of I just use it for my backlog

notepad++

taiga

I have some papers next to my bed that I write the name of the anime and what episode I'm on. been doing this for about 3 years now so my dumb ass doesn't forget. Even if I download shit I'll sometimes forget about a show because I was looking forward to something else then later on wonder why I never finished that one i forgot about.

After you've seen 300+ series its very easy to forget some of the less memorable ones. Its also easy to forget which episode you left off on if you take a break for a while. I've revisited series after putting them on hold for years, and if I didn't have the episode written down I'd have just dropped it or ended up starting from the beginning and putting it on hold again. And for series with hundreds of episodes, not keeping track of the episode pretty much means it gets dropped or you start again at some random place, which sucks because you can miss a lot.

This. You don't need anything else.

>not having photographic memory

sure is pleb in here

~/.bash_history

my.mixtape.moe/qygusm.txt

It's in my memory. Only started watching Chinese cartoons a couple of months ago so it's a limited list.

RIP in peace visable sage

MAL

Reminder that MAL is only good for this purpose. Never go into their forums.

I keep a parrot with an absolute memory.

MAL is my favorite option. I use Taiga as a client though.

How do you keep making the same thread with the same picture and the same text without getting bored?

>nearing 2017
>still asking with these same threads that must have been repeated for at least once a month
seriously, how retarded are we Sup Forums?

anime-planet, why would you do it any other way

i dont

I know this is bait but it still triggers me.

everybody else is correct. use it as a tool to keep your watch history/backlog, avoid every other section of the site like the plague.

This. It's so fucking useful. I don't have to go to MAL everytime I watch an anime to update it.

>not using local storage

anime.txt for series and series info

anime_notes.txt for notes

Pen and paper. I feel more secure having a physical copy.

>Its also easy to forget which episode you left off on
>take a break for a while
>Not marathoning completed shows
>Dropping currently airing shows

Stop doing that and you wont need a fuckin list.

Creat5ing a li5st, wri5ting5 stu5ff must be painful for you5.

This. If an anime doesn't stick to my mind and I'm able to recall watching it at any point, then it's not worth remembering.

Shoko, it basically uses AniDB

I originally, many years ago, started by memory, then Excel, then AniDB and now Shoko.

- It automatically hashes files and adds to your list
- Updates both MAL and Anidb

Also a tool is not bad, because that way you can find related series easily or find stuff by director or VA or genre.

I don't.

I've tried to remember which I watched by going through lists of anime, a lot I knew I watched and some gave a vague feeling that I watched it, although I remember nothing about them.

MyAnimuList

I don't anymore. There's no real reason to.

Post some of those notes

I've never realized the Notepad icon has a glass/plastic cover over the paper.

I've never seen a notebook like that irl.

your fucking retarted. of course you don't remember most of them. that's like remembering 1000s of names + the plot. do you remember every person you went to school with + every person you ever met? no. you don't. you need to keep a list because you won't remember the shit anime and you don't want to accidentally watch it again.

Do you keep lists of books you've read? Games you've played? It's pretty autistic

If I want to watch something but the series looks familiar and I can't remember if I've watched it, I'll boot up the first episode and spend 5 minutes figuring out if I've seen it.

>he doesn't keep a list of the books he's read

>he doesn't keep a list of the games he's played

with my mind, its like a laser

With my brain.

Same here. I still remember all 20something anime I've seen. It's not difficult at all. I don't see why everyone is complaining.

with mah fingahs.

>tfw your backlog of manga is still on mangafox

I'll script download it some day

Brain

>Ajin rated 10
user, please.

What would be a genuine benefit of keeping a log?

Excel document
I also leave a litttle log of what I watched, including good moments an screencaps

In my head. I don't get what the point of keeping a list is for. If you can't even remember the fucking title, why avoid rewatching it? You obviously don't remember anything about it.

I might start remembering after watching the first episode though.

Because sone people have other things to do with their time than watch anime, and naturally forget things, even if they did enjoy them

I use my brain and my memory.

I mean, I been using MAL for information since forever, and never knew that it had forums, I didn't even knew it had a top 10 anime till someone pointed it out this year.

plex maintains a list for me

I use MAL and hummingbird

I don't, I just watch what I feel like at the moment. I usually remember if I've watched something before if I see it somewhere, but otherwise I couldn't tell you more than 20 anime at any given time. I've rewatched entire shows before and not realized I'd seen it before until afterwards.

I don't, whats the point

I stopped bothering a few years back.
Think I was at about 150 shows roughly.

>using Notepad

Please tell me no one unironically does this.

I just lost the file where I had listed everything I have watched.
I just don't know what to do, it feels like all is lost.

You'll have to quit watching anime now. You can't risk watching the same thing twice.

These right here desu senpai

What if I told you different people make the same threads?

I bookmark the wikipedia page for every show I watch

this, and I use sites that plug into it to find more

you are watched?
stop doing your illegal activities.

why even bother writing the studio names

I don't. People shouldn't be obsessed enough to autistically keep track of what garbage they watch.

The community is trash, these were the top reviews the day it ended

Stickey note on my desktop.

I used to use this method, but then I had to reformat and forgot to backup my backlog.txt.

This happened a couple of months ago, and it disturbed me so much that I just haven't even watched a single anime since then.
I've pretty much moved on to just manga now, but I think I'm even starting to lose interest in that.

That reformat really fucked me up... Or saved me, depending on how you look at it.

>notepad
>not an Excel spreadsheet with numbers, dates, names and general trivia for each of the +400 shows you have watched

Everyone in this thread is not autistic enough to post on Sup Forums.
Please get out.

SQLite database with custom app.

Please avoid using the term “Excel” to mean any kind of spread calculation sheet. “Ecxel” is just the name of one particular proprietary program to make spread calculation sheets. For your freedom's sake, you should use only free software to make your presentations. Recommended options include TeX's beamer class and LibreOffice.org's Impress.

>She doesn't download anime and archives it onto an external harddisk.

You dun goofed user.

What if he really was using Excel?

please no

That's a pretty sexy green.

I write down anime that I plan to watch, but never what I've already watched. If it doesn't find it's way into my LTM it wasn't worth remembering.

I only list my AOTS.