Subs say Malefic World

>subs say Malefic World
>text clearly says Sin World

What is up with these shitty subs?

It's common practice to translate the card names too so the audiences who know the TCG don't get confused
I think it's a bit ridiculous but here you go.

speaking of yugioh what happened to dark dimensions

BD release soon

thats why i watch dubs

It's understandable, but you may as well watch official subs if you're going to put up with that, especially since a lot of them go back and forth between translating names and using the TCG names.
BD is March 8. It premieres in English earlier (though I wouldn't watch it).

Gross.

those are official subs

Fansubs use JP names

TCG localization. All religious reference are removed (pentagram, star of david, sin, etc...) to appease to the American parenting sensibilities. At least its not as retarded as Savior Star Dragon/Savior Daemon Dragon being changed to Majestic Star/Majestic Red because only Jesus can be a savior.

I don't think it's ridiculous. It's like watching phoenix wright but with all the japanese names. If you've played the trilogy a dozen times it doesn't matter that you know his name is Ryuichi Naruhodo in Japanese you're still gonna have that second of "who the fuck is ry-oh right it's Phoenix." in your head every now and again, and a good translation is supposed to keep shit like that from happening. Granted you could say that's a problem caused by shitty localization on Capcom's part but I'm not gonna get into that can of worms of a discussion.

Should I read the manga of Yugioh or the anime? I'm talking about the first one where Yugi is the protagonist.

Manga

I watched Gyakuten Saiban subbed like any sane person would

Manga. The anime adapts it pretty loosely, and usually butchers everything.

The only episode that's really worth watching is the anime-original one with the statue game.

I had the same deal when I played digimon cyber sleuth with the weird disconnect between the text and what they were saying

Anime is more canon than manga, especially if you plan on watching DSoD.

A good translation translates. Tough shit if someone watched the dub, you translate what is being said. Viz and Crunchyroll threw the old shitty Sailor Moon and Detective Conan dub names in the trash with the subs. Only jew companies use dub names in subs like they are doing with DSOD and Digimon Tri.

>what the fuck is rame- oh, it's hamburgers

>Digimon Tri.

Fuck off.

N-nani?

>A good translation translates.

Is that why your example picture has TL notes and honorifics?

They translated it