Have you gotten over it yet, Sup Forums?

Have you gotten over it yet, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qi2kXjFggdI
youtube.com/watch?v=6NY-VIv5_yo
youtube.com/watch?v=wZ1UZf-aqc0
youtube.com/watch?v=1274PRWHt4w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Japan barely made any dojins

One nuke wasn't enough. We need to finish the job.

I was okay with that ending. The other girl was dead.

Get over what? Best girl won.

Only the bravest people, like Clover, dared dabble into Take's art.
So I can forgive them on this one.

best girl won, where is the issue?

Hitei was unironically the good guy who gave Togame the best ending possible for someone like her.

these

>I was going to kill you anyways
>dies

Was this really needed?

>won

She didn't win shit. Shichika just let her to drag along because she was basically a hobo.

There's nothing to get over other than how obnoxious people keep trying to force this as a thing.

>won
She didn't win anything, she just follows Shichika around.

The ending was fine, Togame would've most likely just kept following her plan and kill Shichika in the end.

Sounds like someone's flustered. It's not "forced", it's just there to rile up people who liked Togame.

>getting over best girl winning and worst girl dying

I hope I never get over it.

How would she kill Shichika? I fucking hate this bitch Hitei. I hate her so much.

Yes.

>no hair will remain uncut
fucking nisio

If there was anything that mad me mad in this show, it's this. He didn't fucking deserve this.

Meh, could care less about the end. This was the thing that really pissed me off.

Literally the best fight scene in years.

I wasn't even mad. The episode we got was better than this would have been, and we got to see this awesome animation anyway.

/thread.

Yes it was.
>not being able to enjoy togames conflicted feelings and her overpowering drive for revenge

Clearly she was lying to try and make him feel betrayed, and hence not grief-stricken over her death.

Nigger you don't understand. She genuinely loved shichika, she genuinely wanted to have a happy life with him. But she still would have went through with her revenge plan since she was completely consumed by it.

The revenge plan and the killing Shichika plan aren't mutually inclusive.

killing him WAS her revenge plan.

I though killing the shogun was her revenge plan.

Or at least the main effort of her revenge plan.

Who will rpovide us with anime then?

She didn't have to kill him though

Gotten over watching a solid anime?

I know Sup Forums only likes shit, but come on now.

Yeah, that part was pretty upsetting.

I absolutely loved the fuck out of the ending. Catapulted the show from not bad at all to top 10 category for me.

I can't believe there are people in this thread that prefer Togame, she's a selfish and annoying cunt.

I'm still celebrating.

Hell no.

Not going to lie, I'm still butthurt.

Shichika removing his self restraint and breaking all the swords in order (including himself) is the most cathartic ending in anime.

Best boy lived, nothing else matters

>drinking a bottle of ketchup

Truly disgusting.

The real tragedy.

Her sincere selfishness is what made her an interesting character.

Togame had her keikakku snake eye while "confessing" to Shichika, so isn't there a possibility that she was only telling half-truths? Her intending to kill him was obviously true, but isn't it also possible that she eventually preferred the "travel the world and constantly make love" plan they formulated right before she got blasted?

I'm not in denial of the ending or anything, I've just always wondered this. Was the snake eye a result of her confession, or did it drive her to tell him those things with such a deadpan expression? It was as if she became empty.

Boss rush was one of best endings in anime

Clover.
>Her and sensei from oregairu
The guy really has good taste.

>One nuke wasn't enough
That's why we gave them two, dumbass. Here's a frog for your stupidity.

youtube.com/watch?v=qi2kXjFggdI

It had a great OST.

Being a kid is being a Togamefag. Being an adult is realizing that Hitei makes more sense.

Kiguchi would've been a much better choice for Shichika than Hitei or Togame.

Admittedly but she was never really in the bowl.

don't worry, she lives in spirit.

Sadly.

NEVER
V
E
R

I liked her as soon as I saw her hair blade that was folded 1000 times.

Tell me about emonzaemon: why does he wear the mask?

In all seriousness, what the fuck was his deal? It felt like his entire existence was to fuck shit up and be an antagonist for the sake of having an antagonist. He shouldn't have lasted one second against all-out shichika

>In all seriousness, what the fuck was his deal?
He was like Shichika, in that he did everything Hitei wanted him to unquestionably. Except Shichika grew past his role as Togame's weapon and developed some actual emotion.

Except that doesn't make sense with his backstory. I thought he was hundred of years old with a vendetta against the ninja clan. I get he was a foil but it doesn't make much sense because he's not a naive sheltered kid shichika was.

I think its because of whatever Hitei did for Emonzaemon caused him to follow her so unquestionably, and he gave up on his emotions. That's why he can't grow past his role as a weapon, because he chose it out of loyalty for Hitei, rather than ignorance like in Shichika's case.

Either that or Nisio is a hack.

No idea what you're talking about

Delete this

Yea. Even without the excellent ost it would've been great, but it made it into something special
youtube.com/watch?v=6NY-VIv5_yo

Getting over the best girl winning? I mean; I could. It's not much of a challenge.

But I'd rather wallow in the sentiment. It's a great sentiment to wallow in.

Everything went better than expected.

youtube.com/watch?v=wZ1UZf-aqc0

Relax, and enjoy.

When I was a kid I supported her.
I started rooting for Noe after coming to Sup Forums

Best sword

Lotus Juice is a god

I still don't get why Shichika killed the Shogun, that's really the only negative point I have with the series.

Like, really, the Shogun was basically a non-entity and did nothing throughout the whole series, Togame cooked up the sword hunt idea all on her own to get close to him, and the Shogun himself isn't to blame for anything related to the swords or Togame's family tragedy, that was the previous Shogun.

So why does Shichika kill him? He says "you made Togame waste away her life" even though he did literally nothing like that, and "I need to make an example of you", like he's committed some heinous crime and gotten away with it or something.

I don't remember much about the show except the final lesson in the end: Everyone who tried to achieve something, failed. The world did not change not one bit from all their actions, it was all truly pointless.

I also never understood why the princess started following Shichika around, either. I mean, what relationship did they even have before then anyway?

I think the whole point of her confession was to make you wonder whether she seriously could have killed Shichika after the hunt was over, the show intentionally leaves it up in the air for you to decide.

Though, considering the eye disappears before she asks the whole 'would you mind if I fell in love with you?' bit, I kind of doubt she could have gone through with it.

That was part of the nihilism of it all, the Shogun himself was powerless compared to all the Shogunate's institutions that had wronged the characters so nothing Shichika or Togame could really do would actually affect it, and those institutions were also inevitably doomed to fall to the effects of Western influence.

Nothing any individual character does has any lasting or real influence on the greater forces of things happening around them.

I think the message, at least in relation to Shichika and Hitei, was that people who can adapt and change instead of being determined to follow one route/plan/mindset at all costs, or at least are unable to do anything different, ((Togame, Emonzaemon, Nanami)) are the people who would be able to live on.

It's a running theme along with a lot of the sword carriers there, like Uneri, who couldn't leave the castle in the desert because of the legacy of his family, and the fact that the sword was the only thing he felt he could protect anymore. Or Mesai, who, despite knowing she was wrong using the poison of the swords to try and help the girls at the shrine, still followed on doing it, and knowing that she'd only be able to stop when she was killed.

That still doesn't make sense as to why Shichika would kill him, he makes it sound like a personal thing, again, with the whole "you made togame waste her life" even though he didn't, and "I need to make an example of you", as what? A Shogun that did absolutely nothing and was killed for it?

Pretty good, but is there a song better than this?

youtube.com/watch?v=1274PRWHt4w

It's been a while since I've seen it so I may be wrong about this but either Shichika didn't know or he just didn't care. He probably doesn't know anything about the Shogunate's true nature and he's emotionally devastated so he lashes out at the guy himself.

In the context of the episode and what Shichika says, he's extremely calm in that situation and knows that killing the guy won't achieve anything, but he still makes it out that the Shogun is a bad guy, when he's basically just a non-entity.

Then I guess chalk it up to him just not giving a fuck at that point.

Well, therein lies my point, it's an awesome moment to be sure, it just ticks me off to no end that there's basically no reason for it to happen.

The Shogun wanted to use the swords to gain even more power in Japan and become an absolute dictator. He wanted to turn the Owari Shogunate into the Yanari Shogunate and have it last for 1000 years. I'm not sure why Shichika suddenly developed a liberal conscience and decided that dictatorship could not be tolerated, but that's why he killed him.

The Shogun may have gone along with it, but Togame was the one who cooked up the idea for a sword hunt, she was probably also the one who convinced the Shogun that such a future was possible for him.

Besides that, again, it's not like the guy's done anything bad here. Literally all he's signed off on is allowing Togame to collect the swords for some vague promise of power, when Hitei even says that his family has built up a pretty reasonable peace.

sexiest character theme