WHEN

WHEN

Other urls found in this thread:

westbound3.proboards.com/thread/8/baki-grappler-new-son-ogre?page=26
vocaroo.com/i/s1hKU3TyprJn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can someone explain this guy's character arc? By the end of his story, I felt sorry for him. Olivia giving him the coup de grace filled my heart with feelings.

I don't know man, he was kind of an asshole.

Exactly. The guy is shown kindness, and he blows up a dojo in return. Why did Itagaki choose to "humanize," him out of all the convicts? Also Russian guy was a huge cocktease.

So a guy in the westbound Baki thread said he got the OAD almost a day ago and even uploaded photos of it. How is it not online yet?

Random decision, and 99% off Baki characters are assholes

Strong is beautiful

Im still dying for it.

It says a lot when Jack is one of the nicer characters in the series when he's not fighting

>when he's not fighting
He has like 3 scenes?

Sikorsky was a joke.

On the one hand I appreciate Itagaki for keeping around old characters, but fucking Gaia? Seriously? Him?!

I also remember feeling sorry for Doyle in the end but I've forgotten all the bad shit he did so I don't know how I'd feel about him today.

Doyle was more of a joke. He had a hard time with Shinogi and got shit on by everyone else. At least Sirkosky beat Igari, and Garland offscreen.

Jack is a Hanma, I dislike the character, and the fight was underwhelming, but it made sense. The follow up with fucking "camo doesn't work that way" guy on the other hand, sucked balls. I don't get why the author likes that shithead.

Is the Musashi arc over or not? I don't know if Baki is still gonna fight him or Motobe beating him was enough.

Also, seriously, when the fuck can we expect the OAD?

Mememan just pissed him off

Memetobe getting Musashi in a chokehold while every body else is losing their shit was one of the high points of the series for me

W H E N
H
E
N

Is it uploaded yet?

100% meme

WHERE

A guy here says he has it:
westbound3.proboards.com/thread/8/baki-grappler-new-son-ogre?page=26

And if you follow the link on his signature he took pictures of it. It's been a day and still no upload, though.

vocaroo.com/i/s1hKU3TyprJn

DOPPO BEST BAKI

I would've figured the ladies would go for Baki or Yujiro, or do you have a grandfather complex user

>Actually wanting a Baki anime

www.why.com/

There's nothing there, check well the link please.

Whynot.org

In all fairness, when the new anime comes out, it will cover the earlier parts of the manga which have spotty as fuck translations

...and what I meant to imply there was that the anime would get better translation treatment

>I don't get why the author likes that shithead.
lmao this guy doesn't like Gaia
shit on him

He told me he has a life and shit, so he'd upload it when he had time. I had assumed that would mean today. Oh, well.

how's the scan for 128 coming along?

Huh. Forgot about that entirely.

The problem was that one of the pages has super-cancer scans, and I kinda refuse to use ones that have been watermarked by marumaru for obvious reasons. That chapter ain't in v14 either, so - how about I keep doing my normal work on like Dou 110 and shit, and we'll get to 128 when we get to it? I left the translation somewhere, didn't I? If I didn't, please say so: I'll just write it out here and now, if I didn't.

Never knew Itagaki did this. I don't read Moon,but he has really distinct artwork.

i'm new to these threads, so I have no idea how things are going with the scans, thank you though, i'll look for the translation in the archives

Itagaki has done a ton of random, one-off colored pages for a million different people/companies/books. It's rather interesting to see how his style looks outside of any "work constraints".

That being said, the one you posted looks relatively old. Like, second series-old. Here's one from 2010 - it's the cover of a book called "Introduction to the Philosophies of History's Strongest". This appears to be Lao Tzu or some other Chinese commander.

Alternate cover, I think. Probably Alexander the Great or something.

Love the visual theme showing the process of thinking and it's physical manifestations; taut physiques, perspiration, and vascularity.

Eh. Might as well keep the thread alive while we wait, right? No reason not to.

Glorious. Do you have anymore non-Baki related illustrations by Itagaki?

I know I do, but I can't seem to find many of them now that I'm actually looking for them. Ho-hum.

I think this the only one I have in a *passable* resolution on hand at this second. It is for a fighting novel [series] entitled "Shishi no Mon". Apparently Itagaki's done a decent amount of work for this series.

Going by his arc? He wasn't in it to lose like the rest. He was in it to prove he could fight like the Baki gang. He showed that when he fought Shinogi and kept running away from guys stronger than him. He had so many options when it came to losing like Oliva and so on that he could have been ended at ANY point with who he was fighting but the fact was he didn't want to lose.

He was just wanting to be the best. It's why there was that scene with Strydum where he was shocked that Yujiro wouldn't take him seriously despite Yujiro being a murder hobo uptil that point. Yujiro didn't really have the 'sort of benevolent but dickish' character till he snuck into his son's bedroom while he was going to bang his girlfriend.

Doyle was just another Baki fight maniac who couldn't comprehend the difference between being a cheating cuntbag and a fighter. But as we've seen with Musashi and Motobe there's no difference as long as you win.

He was also the only convict who got utterly assblasted by WHOEVER he fought and still came out on top until Retsu showed up. He was the most 'boring' character wise but he was the only guy actively approaching stronger fighters. Everyone else sorta got dragged into their defeats.

Dorian beat Doppo then showed up AGAIN at Doppo's dojo. He then spent the rest of the event trying to get Retsu to fight him by fighting others.

Yanagi targetted Shibukawa and Baki and beat both. He arguably had Baki dead to rights as well.

Sikorsky targetted nobodies and worthless guys until Jack showed up and raped him in a phonebox which lead to mostunderratedandoverlookedBaki fucking obliterating him effortlessly.

Speck was the most satisfying fight by a country fucking mile because Hanayama always gets good fights.

Noone other than Doyle targeted guaranteed death.

If you had Sirkowsky targeting Jack specifically because lolJack then it'd be a better confrontation. Sorta how Jr did it. But he didn't. He kept fucking with the chump wrestler

Go for it. Just keep doing the other stuff and ignore the new chapters till they get better.

You realise that Shinogi's fight was POST Gaia? As in the Gaia who was supposedly the second strongest in the world and Shinogi got closer to beating Baki than Gaia did despite Baki still being green as fuck and Shinogi fighting a presumably stronger and more experienced Baki.

Shinogi gets so little fucking love for who he is. He literally made his own super powered brother who was convinced he could tangle with Yujiro shit himself so hard he gave up.

Gaia was never supposed to be the second strongest in the world. He was referred to as the second strongest *soldier* (or warrior, I don't remember the exact word) in the world, which is what caused the big twist when Yuujiro went all "lol Gaia is weak af whatchu talkin bout Strydum".

None of the other fighters are soldiers so the statement was true, but incredibly misleading.

Baki has already got anime before, you little cumstain

>till he snuck into his son's bedroom while he was going to bang his girlfriend
>implying Yuujiro wasn't just in the room, watching Baki sleep, and Kozue just happened to show up that specific night

>Probably Alexander the Great or something.
Who lived to be 32. Why would he draw him as an bald, bearded old man, wearing glasses 15 centuries before their invention?

Dunno. Who do you think he is?

Galileo?

Or maybe it's Plato. Sure the glasses are anachronistic.

How does one start getting into this series

>history's STRONGEST
>galileo

But did anyone really believe that it would happen, before they saw it for themselves?

Not really.

I thought he'd be really close, but get cucked in the end.

no OAD = riot

So is this getting an anime or just an ova?

Both. The OAD is a shitty 'COMING SOON' kinda thing for the anime, but it's better than nothing for now. Given that it's 25 minutes long and came out 5 days ago in Japan, you'd think we'd have a raw version of it by now.

The anime is the Convict arc, in case you didn't know yet, somehow.