Give me one (1) valid reason to support net neutrality

Give me one (1) valid reason to support net neutrality.

When has Reddit been on the right side of history about anything?

Oh look another shill image.

>the "shill" bogeyman
Not an argument.

Next?

how much verizon pay you per post here?

.002 cents per post

>implying it matters in Canada

no seriously, these images aren't even well made. They make literally NO SENSE.

Why do people argue against net neutrality again? I don't get it. I really would prefer not to have to pay 5 dollars a month to visit Sup Forums, youtube etc.

Pretty sure you're the only shill here.

shills

net neutrality has nothing to do with website oligopolies like facebook and twitter (which is what makes them a threat, not the fact they lean left), in fact it's quite the opposite, ending net neutrality would further solidify their positions by making it more difficult for newcomers to compete with limited and expensive access to bandwidth

>things that won't happen

Unironically, the modern incarnation of CTR/Shareblue.

>be a webdev
>create a webpage, web service or whatever
>publish it
>can't view it, because no net neutrality

Also
>paying for some webpages pack
>one of them changes content delivery server (those are separate)
>access denied

To be honest, it wouldn't really change much if net neutrality was repealed. Only ones to be affected would be the US citizens with access to only one ISP, as they would have a chance to add extra costs for X service if they wanted.
For a Canadian person, there would be no reason to support net neutrality in US, let them be fucked with monopolies while us 1st world countries can enjoy non-restricted internet without any extra costs.

This is like saying if we gave EA the ability to do whatever they wanted, they wouldn't monetize even single player games with crates and shit.

(((they))) have been trying to suppress free speech on the internet for a while now
its only because there are so many brainlets that couldnt care less these days that its relatively unopposed

>le video game bad guy analogy

its just an example of how big corporations need some sort of regulations otherwise they get out of control.

No ISP would ever ask for extra compensation for accessing Sup Forums. The only things that they would really care are 1) Netflix 2) BitTorrent, as those are the two most bandwidth consuming things out there.
And even if some ISP decided to ask for $X for some specific service, everyone would go to the other ISP which would offer unlimited access to all sites.

>I-it's just an analogy g-goy!
What a terrible analogy. I'm not going to take any advice from a 14 year old redditor. Pick up a book brainlet.

Reported for underage.

holy shit you people are fucking delusional. do you hear voices in your head too?

>And even if some ISP decided to ask for $X for some specific service, everyone would go to the other ISP which would offer unlimited access to all sites.
Not every area has access to multiple isps, there are massive monopolies. If one decides to impose rules, you're fucked unless you move.

you need a Sup Forums gold (tm) pass to view my reason

>you people
Knew you were a shill/kike. Fuck off back to where you came from. This is /our/ safe space.

>you need a Sup Forums gold (tm) pass to view my reason
Is a normal Sup Forums pass enough?

I am well aware of that and that is the only downside, repellion of net net neutrality might fuck the people who only have access to one ISP.
But it isn't that bad, even then you can easily get past any restrictions by using a VPN.
I would like to believe that no ISP would add any extra costs, but they would use the repellion of net neutrality for good: for example service X could pay for ISP Y to allow their traffic to be prioritized at maximum speed (this would bypass your paid internet speed and use the theoretically maximum speed instead), both parties would win in this case. ISP would get advertisement and service would get better speeds.

no but the fact that you bought one means you're exactly the kind of retard who'd pay for access to a website

>everyone would go to the other ISP
in about 90% of america there is no "other ISP"

they get either comcast or verizon, sometimes both, sometimes RCN or a local one also

Will the pirate bay be affected in anyway? if so this will be a big win for the jews

Like I said in my previous post, I am well aware of that. Even in my area there is only one ISP, all other ISPs are wireless 4G providers.
But still, I don't really see much wrong with getting rid of net neutrality in US, things weren't that bad even when you guys didn't have it before.

Torrent sites could be affected, but in most cases, they would wait for court decision before blocking.

>choice of 1 DSL provider
>"not that bad"
>"just use mobile data"
>the cell providers' attempted streaming manipulation prompted net neutrality laws in the first place
hmmm it's almost like enormous companies don't give a shit about individual consumers

To you

Gratz, you are one of the fucked customers! But even if net neutrality repellion went through, someone would make their own ISP and start selling unrestricted internet, be it over wireless or wired connection.
And before someone starts shitting me over wireless connections, you can get 100Mbps over wireless if it's properly designed and executed.

>why do people argue against the Patriot Act? I don't get it. I would really prefer to prevent another major terrorist attack. It's not like the government is going to collect all of the information on everybody's communication

I believe it is cell phone service providers that already engage in a sort of false competition, wherein they set equal prices for equal features. This secures their business by making it essentially equally likely that you'll pick one of them, and you don't have any choice but to pay whatever they want you to. The idea that in areas where there actually is more than one ISP, when one ISP puts restrictions on certain websites and web traffic that the other won't and you can just go to the other is fucking retarded. They're both going to do it.

The notion that because we didn't need it years ago that we won't need it now is also fucking retarded. The political landscape has changed. Groups like Facebook and Google are already trying to control what you think. Now you're trying to give other companies the power to do so. It's moronic.

There are a ton of brainlets on here who think that net neutrality is bad because it happened to be conceived by someone left-leaning.

the only reason to want to end net neutrality is that it would drive Sup Forums into the slowlane and drive out normalfags because we would be hitting 56k speeds
also maybe get alternate roots and electric corporate dominion warfare for a true cyberpunk experience
other than that it won't result in anything good

Not going to happen, and anyone thinking this is fucking retarded.
If there are more than one ISP in the area, atleast one of them is going to allow all traffic as a way to get more customers. For the ISP it doens't really cost much to get bandwidth, if you don't believe me you can just learn how the internet works, I am way too drunk to actually teach you that.

Sup Forums wouldn't be hitting 56k speeds if net neutrality was repealed, no one would really care as we don't generate that much traffic.
Ja mitä tulee meidän internettiin, ei tartte pelätä että tämä paska tulis tänne asti.

The US doesn't have a real free market when it comes down to ISPs. Meaning they can abuse it without you being able to vote with your wallet against it.

Your mother will love your faggot ass again.

That image is pretty compelling. You've convinced me.

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

Not everyone understand that traps > *

>why the homophobia?
So, you are a faggot?

I agree but they are funny and trigger the shit out of people who point out exactly that.

>Not every area has access to multiple isps
well then someone should fix THAT instead and quit this Net Jewtrality bullshit.
It's almost like the Broadband Deployment Advisory Committee created by Ajit Pai exists to do exactly that.
HHMMMMMMM.....

That pic is cringy as fuck. Throttling twitter won't magically fix the problem that twitter or any other platform censors information.

>well then someone should fix THAT instead and quit this Net Jewtrality bullshit.
How about fixing that instead of focusing in removing net neutrality? You are basically saying let them fuck you in the ass today and I promise that maybe I will stop fucking you in the ass tomorrow (or maybe not).

Point, but relate this back to net neutrality for clarification.

plebbitors are communists

fuck communists

>pay extra money to get freedom taken away from you
totally reasonable

why is it always a canadian shilling this shit?

neither is that meme tho

Honestly, this is something that ought to be covered by state unfair competition law.

define "give"