Which one has the best character interactions?

Which one has the best character interactions?

Other urls found in this thread:

ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2016/01/07/k-on-staff-interviews-pt-1-director-naoko-yamada-series-composer-reiko-yoshida-dialogue/
ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2015/11/01/k-on-s2-staff-interviews-pt-1-director-naoko-yamada-series-composer-reiko-yoshida-dialogue/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmWDKHTF314
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

K-ON > Tamako > Hyouka

This.
It's Yamada's forte.

Hyouka.

Who is best black-haired Kyonai girl?

K-ON is only good for Ritsu-Mio and Mugi-Ritsu interactions, the rest is boring filler.

Hibike Reina>Tamako>Chitanda>Mio>>>>>Phantom Reina

Nase > Mio > Reina

Tamako > Mio > Nase > Chitanda > Reina > Reina

mio

Hibike trumps all anyway

Studies show that the amount of Yamada is directly correlated with how objectively good a show is.
Hibike is only half Yamada, therefore it is only half as good as K-On!
And with S2 having no Yamada, that brings Hibike down to only a quarter as good as K-On!

Anything but these shits.

Hibike S2 is still half Yamada.

She is still prevalent in some scenes but she definitely is playing a very, very smaller role in the new season.
I dropped S2 after episode 6 so I can't say for the newer episodes, and the only time I could really feel Yamada so far was this scene.

Hibike and Hyouka have a wider range. Yamada stuff is usually just happy or romantic interactions. Hibike in particular is more realistic and its characters have more depth and there's an actual plot going on so character interactions can have more meaning. Yamada stuff is still the best in her particular niche.

Hibike is Yamada's too. S2's interactions have been very stale without her. There's been nothing close to Yamada's mountain climbing scene in S1 yet.

K-ON > Tamako Market > Hyouka

Reina > Chitanda > Mio > Tamako > Phantom girl

it's better without the unrealistic yuribait dialogue

Yeah man Koe no Katachi sure is a happy work. The crowd in my cinema was so emotionally exhausted from all the fluffiness.

How long do I have to wait for Yamada's adventure series?

Not all of Hibike is Yamada. The best episodes weren't even directed by her. And season 2's only real weak arc is Mizore and Nozomi's, but that has more to do with the material they had to work with.

>The best episodes weren't even directed by her
But the mountain climbing episode WAS the best episode by far. Hell, it makes the rest of the anime look mediocre in comparison.

The mountain climbing episode was done by Fujita. The best episodes of S1 were Fujita's and Kigami's.

Yeah but Yamada played the biggest hand in that scene specifically.
Its in the interviews.
Ishihara was kind of worried about it because of how gay it was but Yamada pushed it.

Tamako Market best episode was done by Kigami. Yamada is honestly overrated.

Both Fujita's and the recent episode were likely heavily supervised by Yamada. You can see a lot of her in them.

Hyouka has the most realistic character interactions.

You can see a lot of everyone in everything. They work in the same building. Stop putting Yamada on a pedestal

TLS and KnK are the studio's best since Hyouka though.

It seems like every episode with Fujita with obvious Yamada supervising is great, while ones without her mostly sucked.
Fujita did the worst episodes in PW, for example (while Ishidate and Yamada did the best ones).

KnK

Fucking K-On! was more realistic than that trash.

Haruka

That's not quite fair, as K-On! was centered around realism.

No, there was very little of Yamada in first 2/3 of Eupho 2. This is different.

I disagree, it's unapologetically moe and romantic. Hyouka felt like an attempt to remedy its predecessor's impressionist tendencies with a more grounded narrative, but good god they made no effort in creating characters to match.

Aside from Chitanda, Hyouka had their most realistic cast.

Yeah, with such realistic characters as "energy conservation" boy and the human database.

this

Everything about K-On!, from the height and weight of the characters, character designs, setting, plot, was all focused on being realistic. The girls worried about realistic things, they wanted realistic things, and they did realistic things. They were normal girls.
Tons of mundane things about the girls were fleshed out since it makes them feel more alive.

Hyouka, while fantastic, is more focused on a mystery narrative. Fleshing out the characters mostly came when it was a big reveal or was leading to a big reveal.

That's why I say its a bit unfair to compare realism between Hyouka and K-On!. Hyouka relied on an unfolding narrative, while K-On! relied on making its characters feel like actual people.

ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2016/01/07/k-on-staff-interviews-pt-1-director-naoko-yamada-series-composer-reiko-yoshida-dialogue/
ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2015/11/01/k-on-s2-staff-interviews-pt-1-director-naoko-yamada-series-composer-reiko-yoshida-dialogue/

Hyouka > K-on > Tamako

>ultimatebetamax

There are anons here who have an agenda against a simple translator

These are all metaphorical and realistic on an abstract level.

>realistic on an abstract level

What's not realistic about them?

>Enjoying KyoAnus unironically

K-On! presents a romanticized and idealistic view of its characters and setting, it's not "centered around realism." Like, this is its definition. Having characters feel like real people doesn't equate to realism.

They're all stupid and detract from the quality of the show.

The fact that they are fucking chinese cartoons

K-On obviously, you could believe the girls were very close friends, the ending was touching specifically for that reason.

Is this realistic dialogue?

Shinka

Yeah! And when Yamada isn't there, all they have to do is to question themselves

"What would Yamada do?"

All anime is idealized. Its entertainment.
Its just that K-On! is grounded. Its a very, very down to earth show. In fact, Hyouka is more idealized in the fact that some of the characters are actual geniuses like is pointing out. The only K-On! equivalent to that is Yui's autistic savant abilities in the first season, and is mostly dropped in the second.

>Having characters feel like real people doesn't equate to realism.
It kinda does, though. There will be idealized traits since, like I said, its entertainment, but an idealized hero having common human flaws does make him a more realistic character.
For example
Yui is a retard
Ritsu is a poorfag
Mio is a nervous wreck
Mugi is disconnected from an average person's life due to being so rich and comes off as awkward all the time.
Azusa is too serious yet also easily influenced.

>The only K-On! equivalent to that is Yui's autistic savant abilities in the first season, and is mostly dropped in the second.
Forgot about Ui being able to play the guitar perfectly, actually.

Mugi isn't exactly the most realistic person either.

But I would say K-ON as well.

Are you even reading the OP? He said character interactions not characterization. K-On might win in the latter but Hyouka has more down to earth, diverse and interesting character interactions. Hibike beats both, though.

One is just lazy, the other likes to collect random tribia, i can realate to both

K-On's characters had the most chemistry in their interactions.

Hyouka has a bigger range of emotionally charged scenes with themes of empathy, family, responsibility, passion, insecurities, emotional distance.

He's lazy but oh so smart! Just like me! And the kawaii girl wants to suck his fucking dick because he's so cool despite being constantly apathetic! Just like me! Just like real life! Hyouka is like a portrayal of my fucking life, dude. Serious.

It started with a shitpost saying K-On! was more realistic, and I pointed out the show as a whole is focused on realism. Jumping back to interactions is moving goal posts.
Anyway, K-On!'s character interactions are actually very similar to how young Japanese interact (the whole manzai act is common in the Kansai region, which Kyoto is a part of), and Yamada has a special talent to making every character feel a part of the group through interactions.

In fact I'd argue K-On! has the best character interactions in anime. Interactions is what I look for in anime, and Yamada's stuff is simply unrivaled.

I think this claim can work too.

digibro pls fuck off

>best character interactions
I don't know what this means but Hyouka had the best character development and it's not even close

>Hibike
>better than Hyouka
No.

I dont see your argument

>energy conservation boy
i.e. a smart but lazy type. incredibly common and realistic.
>human database
i.e. a not "smart" but knowledgeable type. also incredibly common.

>i.e. a smart but lazy type. incredibly common and realistic.
You mean "I'm too lazy to do anything but I swear I'm really fucking intelligent" types?

I also though it was him

Lazy people are great at making shortcuts, i know a lot of lazy but great programers, anyway its real but maybe not that common, not him btw

But I liked Phantom World

>all those dead/uncanny QUALITY faces

how can people waste space with this shit

Sad.

None of them are as sincere as daily lives of high school boys.

In programming and management, it's not laziness it's efficiency.

One of the quotes of bill gates is that he would always task a lazy person with a difficult task, since they always find a way to make it simple

Is this a realistic character interaction?

How can anything compete with Eupho?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmWDKHTF314

Kumiko teasing Reina is the best thing in the world, I kinda wish the first 4 episodes of Hibike 2 were about that instead of the shitty drama arc with Mizore and Nozomi

Sure. It doesn't really matter in terms of my argument though

haven't watched S2 yet, what went wrong with Mizore and Nozomi? Sup Forums was hyping them up before

Both of those characters had very little characterization, their drama was mostly told via flashbacks and characters info-dumping Kumiko about it, we never really get to see those two girls all that much and when the climax hits on episode 4, it comes out weak since we don't really care for them at that point, there's no proper buildup to any of their characters. Worst thing is that they have become completely irrelevant past episode 4 so their whole struggle didn't matter at all to the overarching plot. It would have made more sense if the focus was on Natsuki and Yuuko since we're more familiar with them and they are actually important past that arc. I've noticed that the people who aren't complaining about that are the ones who read the spoilers, so I feel that they were more invested in those characters way before the second season aired. For someone who has avoided spoilers, Nozomi and Mizore came out of nowhere.

That's a shame. Sup Forums was hyping them just because they had cameos throughout the first season, and Novelanon kept posting about them, so I guess you're right that people were only invested for meta reasons.

Theoretically, it does have something to do with the second arc, but ultimately, the first arc could've been dropped without really adding to the second arc.