ITT anime for smart people

ITT anime for smart people.

Any anime ever.

Smart people will either enjoy it, or make fun out of it for being bad, since it doesn't cater to their needs.

smart people won't waste their time with anime

smart people won't waste their time with Sup Forums

anime is only for man children. no smart person watches anime

that's what dumb people believe

Really gets your noggin' going.

That's an oxymoron, user. Anime in general is pretty dumb.

INB4 some hipster replying his underrated favorite is actually for intellectuals cause that's only cause you're looking for and finding it to confirm your own bias.

I watch tons of anime. I'm also smart by any objective measure. People who think anime is inherently childish or stupid as a medium are retarded.

>he thinks parroting sturgeons law is somehow intelligent
>INB4
it's time to go back to where you came from

It's the thinking man's anime.

Are you implying his theory is invalid? How so?
Do you have any other argument than (YOU)?

Well let's see
>That's an oxymoron, user. Anime in general is pretty dumb.
Not an argument, sturgeon's law fallacy
>INB4 some hipster replying his underrated favorite is actually for intellectuals cause that's only cause you're looking for and finding it to confirm your own bias.
Not an argument. You're literally saying an example of a "smart" show is somehow invalidated literally because a person had to fucking think about it? How does that make any sense?

I guess getting cucked really is the thinking mans fetish.

The only intellectual anime is iyashikei. To disagree is accepting you are a plebeian.

That's not how people work you dumb fuck. Just because someone is intelligent doesn't mean they automatically become efficient workers who maximize their potential.

>smart people
>anime
don't be so fuck

>getting BTFO this hard
>won't even reply
wew boy

>well, i'm sure that even if we don't find the truth , it'll become history to you eventually

i like hyouka but what did he mean by that ? do i need to rewatch it agian

Re: zero

probably along the lines of "even if we don't find out what happened, it won't even matter to you, since you always keep moving forward." remarking at her attitude to not get brought down or attached to things that happen in the past.

All sorts of questions

>Triggered weeb

Pic related because it tests your minds ability to resist mindbreak

literally requires an decent IQ/attention span to be enjoyed properly

Except he didn't get cucked in the end. He ended up waking up and running into the best girl

see, I thought that about SZS as well, but turns out it's just a show about people talking way too fast while nothing happens in the background. Shaft needs to fucking stop, and make more Hidamari.

Stop samefagging this hard, it's really obvious that you don't belong here.

It is, in Sweden and Germany.

>Zetsubou Sensei is about nothing

thats the whole fucking point. I just think you don't like SHAFT, which is fine - the'yre admittedly pretty "artsy" and pretentious

Pic unrelated?

Fight me faggots

Easily one of the most well written anime's I've ever seen. I didn't find it confusing, but it definitely made me think about a few concepts in the show.

Kill yourself weeaboo

>I just think you don't like SHAFT
excuse you, I love Maria + Holic, Arakawa, Hidamari, Mahoromatic, I just think there has been way too much monogatari series. I also couldn't get into Madoka.

>two guns
It's already dumb

it must be because I had no idea what the fuck anyone was talking about half the time
I still don't know what the fuck a stand alone complex is

To be honest, normal people as in, people that live on autopilot and it's fan of, let's say, music or blockbuster films are pretty fucking retarded and can't follow basic storytelling. Anime is too complicated for them. Then you get Sup Forums that is like the filter for people that is somewhat knowledgeable on the medium in comparison with the teenage filled alternatives then a quarter of its population can't even read subtitles to understand the basics of what's going on, probably due to shitposting incentives. The average person is so fucking dumb that anime may actually be for smart people after all. Not really smart but pretty smart.

It's only for impact.

A Stand Alone Complex is when a group of individuals work towards a shared goal, however in their own means and without communication or even knowledge that the other parties are conducting operations to enact the goal. an accidental collective unconscious that occurs through natural means.

But do you have royal blood in you?

guess you're not a fan of Shinbo, then. I liked all of those but havent seen Hidamari or Mahoromatic. 3-gatsu is also pretty fucking good and I liked the first episode of Zaregoto, but those two are really stylistically similar to monogatari. I could argue both of those shows are for smart people, too

>Mobileposter

>phoneposting
>ads
Looks like he was right about you not belonging here.

Im shitposting during lecture, don't judge

it's very hard for me to recommend mahoromatic to anyway desu, it's so dated and cliche in it's form, yet has some unique charm. I'll check out 3-gatsu, since it's got that teen romance/tabletop game style that I'm fond of, also, I did like katanagatari, but I just can't wrap my head around monogatari series, could just be the modern setting and stupid language puns with boring still shots everywhere.

this fucking thread

Tomino series like G-reco.
There are actually people who shat on best girl Manny.

There is no better anime to tell apart the smart and the stupid than G-Reco.

Literally everyone that hates it because of "it doesn't make sense" are too stupid to understand something being thrown in their faces.

I disagree.

While I'm a little wary of OPs wording, I found both of these older shows entertaining.

The top was interesting because every episode was a different short story based on a similar story structure, until the end when it got a little meta.

The lower was like a weird Japanese remix of the Witcher but with ghosts from Japanese mythology. The art style took some getting used to, but I loved it by the end.

Okay, Sup Forums, just go ahead and ditch my composite image then.

isnt

its copypaste faces with playing with your primitive emotions

you are simpelton if you think this has any value

OBERSTEIN
DID
NOTHING
WRONG

The thinking man's CGDCT.

Season 4 when?

>INB4 some hipster replying his underrated favorite is actually for intellectuals cause that's only cause you're looking for and finding it to confirm your own bias.
Ergo Proxy.

Which end are you supposed to eat it from, again?

Only two of those were mine.

>he stopped responding for now so that means he's backed the fuck off!! LOL!

OR maybe I just had stuff to do before lurking back on Sup Forums. Not everyone is a NEET who spends all day on Sup Forums you know.

Now for a real response:

>>You're literally saying an example of a "smart" show is somehow invalidated literally because a person had to fucking think about it? How does that make any sense?

First, look up the definition of the word "literally". It doesn't mean what you think it does. Secondly, you missed the point. Most shows are obviously made for shallow viewers who are only in it for the fan service and the cliches you either love or hate. Then there are shows like Ergo Proxy, Revolutionary Girl Uthena, Evangelion, Rahxephon, Serial Experiments Lain, District 9, Madoka, Mawaru Penguindrum ... etc. that for some reason feel "sophisticated" to some viewers who think they feel smarter just by watching it. As if they believe those to be counterexamples of the first category I mentioned while in reality, they're just as illogical or stupid or even filled with fan service but hey, that doesn't matter if it's DEEP or PHILOSOPHICAL, right?

Wanna read or watch entertainment for intellectuals? Then drop anime and go for stuff that is actually made for intellectuals like novels (no, not light novels or visual novels but REAL novels that aren't obviously written for nerd/otaku pandering), (some) movies, theater, anything that has any cultural merit. Don't feel like going for those efforts and rather stay in your comfort zone thinking you're oh so so much smarter than your peers? Than keep it at anime and stop acting like you know any better.

Now c'mon, counter my claim without sounding like a would-be autistic hipster by proving me wrong with real arguments this time.

>3-gatsu is also pretty fucking good

I enjoy it, but it doesn't emit the SHAFT aura at all.
Could have been done by any decent studio.

On that note, since I don't see a 3gatsu thread, why is HR so far behind on it? CR is releasing it regularly, right? I can't check, because it's not available in my region.

thats dumb but it makes sense

>9;26
you live 6 hours from me , user .. can you figure where do i live?

>tumblr gif

code geass was deep !

You fags better stop talking about what makes you smart and what not without knowing the oficial definition.

From the middle

As a fairly smart person, I like watching pointless SOL animes, sometimes on fastforward if they're too boring. It's a really nice way to zone out for 10-20 minutes. Refreshes the mind.

They skipped a week airing so it's an episode behind where it should be

Post manga for smart people

>oficial
Is there a UN sub-organization or something that governs the *official* definition?

Read the VN fag.

At least there is for spanish, a definiton given by the RAE.

I'm dumb and still liked the first season of Monogatari for the Araragi/Crab relationship

I will never ever read Japanese literature. I have tried reading VNs and LNs but japanese cant write books, they just cant.

The phrasing is awkward and paragraphing is subpar. Id rather read european works

VNs are literally a movie dude, also umineko is catchy af.

Oreimo, it seems that understanding basic human behaviour is too hard for some people.

I don't know what to tell you. They know they are talking about nothing sometimes and make it clear to the viewer.

Szs is not an anime for smart people and its definitely not an anime for dumb people.

It would be an anime for normal people who wants to learn by gaining knowledge of human patterns and activities through sensei's lessons as he teeters to the brink of suicide with each problem. Sometimes there were no easy solutions. Other times it would turn into a parody of itself with strange and terrible analogies.

not even for "smart people" really, just people who find enjoyment in long discussions of politics and space history

Ain't that an oxymoron or something.