“The cheapest sort of pride is national pride; for if a man is proud of his own nation...

>“The cheapest sort of pride is national pride; for if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own of which he can be proud; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellowmen. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”

This is deep

Other urls found in this thread:

theoccidentalobserver.net/2014/07/14/schopenhauer-on-race-differences-in-intelligence-and-on-judaism/
download.militaryonesource.mil/12038/MOS/Reports/2012_Demographics_Report.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

true

Tribal affiliation is normal, natural, and beneficial. If a tribe does not have strong bonds holding them together they will be taken out by a tribe that does.

t. inferior nations

But why do nationalists hate like 90 percent of people in their country(liberals, women, chicanos, blacks, jews etc.)??

nationalism is breads hate nationalism cannot surivive this is why us liberals are winning

Nationalists don’t hate women, blacks chicanos and kikes are all separate tribes therefore a separate nation. Honestly your question is pure faggotry kys

When it comes to nations and ethnicities people always pretend not to understand the multiple meanings of the word pride, since it's far easier to attack the strawman of "you feel your ancestors' accomplishments are your own" than to actually address why on earth there's anything wrong with caring about your own people.

nationalism is a shitty kind of tribalism then

Because our nations were purposely infected with people not of our tribe to weaken us. Multiculturalism destroys a nation from within by cutting the bonds which hold it together.

>ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short
It's full of niggers and commies

nation < race

>“The cheapest sort of pride is racial pride; for if a man is proud of his own race, it argues that he has no qualities of his own of which he can be proud; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellowmen. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own race falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the race to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”

This is deep

>Nationalism is bad because it implies the nationalist has no pride in himself
No, nationalism is good because pride in ones community, people, goals, pride in the nation, is a manifestation and natural result of pride in oneself.

You should be proud in your race and not the nations in europe that are destroying us right now.

I suppose if you spent long enough characterizing pride as getting into your leather bondage gear and strapping feathers and dildos to yourself before parading through the street for no better reason that a love of getting assravaged that definition of pride might come to be the only sort you understand.
You might come to understand pride as a way of justifying stagnation if you look at your own fat body and discuss how it must be accepted that you are like this, or if you see your own lack of success and must suppose there is nothing to be done of your own will but wait for the system to compensate.

Proper pride is not of that sort, however. Pride in ones race and nation is not an end, it is a beginning, it is the point at which we looked at ourselves and at the things our ancestors did and achieved and realized we had been living voluntarily below the mark. No other perspective focuses on self improvement the way ours does because no other perspective believes it has anything to live up to or that it is ever acceptable to have anything expected of you.
To be proud is to be a part of a legacy, a chain which you now, for knowing it exists, MUST not become a weak link in.
Only in leftism will you find excuses for remaining voluntarily below the mark.

Doesn't fit. A man's innate qualities are largely racial in origin.

Didn't he die a virgin? lol

Have you read anything else by Schopenhauer or know anything about his life. Like the fact that he donated a lot of money to the Prussian soldiers who got injured in fighting the democratic coupe? The entire left would hate Schopenhauers "racist, biggotted, white male ass". And he would despise them, too.

No wonder facsists and commies are a bunch of virgin losers

I agree but I'm 100% against diversity.

This is true, but it is also unironically why we need national pride and collective identities. Half of people are below average. Not everyone can be an exceptional individual by definition. But people can take pride in participating in something great. There's a story about a man who sees a cathedral being built, and asks the different laborers what they are doing. The mason says he is cutting blocks, the carpeneter laying beams etc, and finally he comes to an old woman who is sweeping the floor. He asks her what she is doing and she says "I am helping to build a monument to God."

Everyone can be great, but only if we work together as a collective towards a goal that is great.

fucking this
>"the most any man can hope for is a heroic passage through life"
yeah Schope was all about that individualist, hedonistic lifestyle OP you fucking subhuman

This is kikes arguing for globalism and a Jewish dictatorship

Tribe =/= nation
There are countless people in America who are NOT my people.
If I can't even count any individuals comprising the federal government or the vast majority of its underling bureaucracy as my tribe, how the FUCK can nationalism be justified?

Open borders for Israel!

>taking advice from some loser kraut who died alone with his poodles

>implying i care about wealth or being "endowed" and not the wellbeing of my people to whom i owe my life.

>memeflag
>shit taste
>zero arguments
pottery

It is true.

Nationalism is another sort of popularism and it stinks of the rabble; as Nietszche would later comment.

I don't care about the system or the social rules of consensus as long as they don't explicitly interfere in my life and I will only bother if i can make a decisive difference which I can't.....yet.

If nationalism is good and it comes from tribalism(which is also good) then BLM is good as it is a more purely tribalist movement than nationalism

>be libcuck
>get steamrolled when a non retarded country with nationalism attacks you
lmao

This

BLM is beneficial to blacks. They are 99% united on nearly every issue, so they are able to cuck whites in every way despite being a minority.

So you're saying the blacks are outsmarting the whites?

Evenso, Schopenhauer espoused a quasi-form of white supremacy and thought jews were trash. So essentially, he was a 'nationalist', in the original ethnic meaning of the word.

theoccidentalobserver.net/2014/07/14/schopenhauer-on-race-differences-in-intelligence-and-on-judaism/

Of course. They're winning the culture war on every front. Blacks in America are the most cherished, beloved, pampered, and coddled group of people in human history.

>“The cheapest sort of pride is national pride; for if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own

Literally pulling ideas out of his own asshole. Way for an old retarded loser to generalize and bitch without anything to back it up but more generalizations and intellectual inferiority.

So jews are outsmarting whites, blacks are outsmarting whites, chicanos are outsmarting whites, does this mean that whites are dumb?

BLM is good for niggers, but poison for the host.

Man you tore that strawman to shreds, how will whites recover?

But that would imply that whites are an unified formless mass and not tribalistic as some people say here.

It would be more like some "white" "tribes" in some place are more dumb than others and so outsmarted by blacks, chicanos and jews and so controlled in their lands

A tribe is made up of a handful of families at most, and they stick together at all times and are on an intimate basis with one another. They help each other survive and support each other in every way that they need it. That is NOT what a nation is. Nations are unnatural as fuck and can only exist with a detached authoritarian entity controlling everyone and acting as their master. Tribes do not have masters in that sense. It is much more democratic and need-based.

Nationalism may often be hollow pride. If you want to be proud about your nation, then you first have to learn about your ancestors ... both their greatest achievements and their greatest follies. If you have done so and see something of yourself in these traits and then STILL may be proud ... then, my friends, national pride is STRENGTH!

What authoritarian master forces sports fanatics to support their team? Tribalism extends beyond immediate community to any kind of abstract group you can claim affiliation with.

True "white nationalism" is concerned with maximising the legacy of our cultural heritage and continuing it's preservation and growth into the future in accordance with only natures laws. We will do so determinedly in alliance with other morally advanced racial groups as allies as we are all faced with increasingly hostile and corruptive lesser neighbours that are distracting us from our destiny and distorting our growth. This is an important and positive moral movement and currently is only nurtured by a few oppressed intellectuals in a world of general debauchery, licentiousness and immoral waste. If a few hob-nailed jackboots have to crash down on some "Social Justice Warrior" heads to achieve that, it will still be a cleaner and more wholesome activity than any that are currently espoused by any other political movement which appear to be based purely on fornicating sexuality and victimhood, two of the most useless possible traits by any logical lexicon.

this is why your country is dying

Good riddance, Flanders Will Be Free

Also le 52% faec

Because those people are anti-nationalist. I can't imagine nationalists would have anything against black people if they were low crime, hardworking, and loved America.

Blacks have fought and died for tour country too

>tour
your*

>taking the opinion of an autistic loser jealous of Hegel seriously
No.

Want some more quotes from Arthur Schopenhauer?

>The highest civilization and culture, apart from the ancient Hindus and Egyptians, are found exclusively among the white races; and even with many dark peoples, the ruling caste or race is fairer in colour than the rest and has, therefore, evidently immigrated, for example, the Brahmans, the Incas, and the rulers of the South Sea Islands. All this is due to the fact that necessity is the mother of invention because those tribes that emigrated early to the north, and there gradually became white, had to develop all their intellectual powers and invent and perfect all the arts in their struggle with need, want and misery, which in their many forms were brought about by the climate. This they had to do in order to make up for the parsimony of nature and out of it all came their high civilization.
-Parerga and Paralipomena, Volume II, Section 92

>While all other religions endeavor to explain to the people by symbols the metaphysical significance of life, the religion of the Jews is entirely immanent and furnishes nothing but a mere war-cry in the struggle with other nations.
-"Fragments for the history of philosophy", Parerga and Paralipomena, Volume I.

And how many more whites died for America than blacks?
Please go back to Sup Forums. You're just a shit stirrer pretending to argue honestly.

I didn't even mean to get digits...

>how many of>much larger group< have died than >much smaller group

Nationalism is a retarded meme. An-cap is the way.

>what matters is that they did it
So if only one hundred black men died for America, it would be significant?
Yes, it is a perfectly fair comparison.

It's called a team. Fucking handle it. I can be proud of whatever I want.

>byea it is a fair comparison
>proceeds to make up numbers
I actually recall blacls being disproportionately recruited more because they are poor

Schopenhauer was redpilled about the Jewish question too:

:As a formidably cohesive group whose loyalty to their ethnic kindred vastly outstrips their loyalty to the non-Jewish nations within which they dwell, Jews should absolutely never, Schopenhauer affirmed, be allowed to play any role whatsoever in the governance of these nations. If allowed to do so they would unquestionably exploit this power for their own ends — inevitably at the expense of the majority non-Jewish population"

Read his quotes here:

i got taught this shit by a wise prefessor im not so sure

This. see pic related here

It's why this quote is interesting, it's not some intellectual Sup Forums would ignore, it's shopenhauer

The Nation of self-improving individuals was something worth being proud of.
Degeneracy is king in most nations however.

I'm not saying that only 100 blacks were recruited, I was giving a potential situation.
I'd be interested to see a source for that claim.
Even if they were, what does that mean for whites?
What's the point of this argument except foisting something on whites that could be detrimental to them?

ahhhhhhhhhh why are you dickheads always about the Jewish question

hegel is a fag, and so are you for sucking his dick.

page 55
download.militaryonesource.mil/12038/MOS/Reports/2012_Demographics_Report.pdf

No it isn't. They are not mutually exclusive. I can have pride for my nation and pride for another unlimited number of things. This is brainlet tier "wisdom".

This quote isn't relevant in the west.
Nationalism in the west doesn't provide pride to cover the lack of pride, it's worse.
It's nostalgia that invents a flaw for nostalgists to cover their own flaws.

(you) Good mini-manifesto mein bruder.

Page 55 at least is only for 2012.

The data still stands, also 2012 is not really long ago

I'm not saying it was long ago, I'm saying it is relatively recent.
The data stands for what? That blacks can enroll in a military, where whites have no ability to say they can't?
That blacks are patriotic, or like violence?

It would be interesting to see the greater context in which he said it. The quote as-is has been refuted ITT for the simple misrepresentation of what pride means as a motivator for higher achievement to nationalists.
But in a context of discussing only those nationalists who use it to stagnate, it might make more sense, because they do exist even though they are not representative.

they just fight and die, that is all
The sad reality is that their poverty makes them a prime target for army recruiters

>But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”
Yeh well now that the west has lost touch with those fools who got some pride from their national sovereignty they're falling apart and being invaded by apes.
So maybe Schopenhauer and other anti-nationalists were wrong on this one.
Ironically, John Stuart Mill, the Liberal par excellence believed that without nation, race and pride in both, liberty was worthless and destructive.

bup

like all white men born before 1965, author was pro white

Textbook example of the white man's tendency for suicidal arrogance, naivety, and foolishly thinking that non-whites think the way we do.

They don't. This quote is just Aryan dick sucking at its finest.

>Nationalism is a retarded meme. An-cap is the way.
Yeah, what are you going to say when people that don't share your view surrounds you and takes your stuff?

>believed that without nation, race and pride in both, liberty was worthless and destructive.
Liberty is not even possible without those things, as we all are finding out.

think nationalism in his time was pretty much limited to white countries
besides nationalism is kind of a weird thing for a tribalist to defend, you're provably some ethnic nationalist which is nationalist in name only because

That's not 90%.

Nope, you gotta choose 1 thing you can be proud of or feel community with.

>Nationalism is a retarded meme. An-cap is the way.

Aww, babies first political ideology. Bless.
And how's your Ancaputopia gonna work out when the Chinese army is about to invade?