What's your opinion of homoerotic subtext in Anime and Manga?

What's your opinion of homoerotic subtext in Anime and Manga?

Need more of it. Everywhere.

DENKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I feel it's become way overdone recently and stopped being "subtext" ages ago, but I understand why it's not going to stop.

It's a fallout of the greater issues that anime and manga generally aren't allowed to have real male/female relationships, attempts to make as much money as possible as the industry continues to turn away new and old fans, and a cultural artifact from the samurai being a bunch of homos (something shown all the way up to yukio mishima)

This is my essay about aids-magnets in polynesian sand artworks, thank you for reading and continue posting gayshit

so long as I have my yuri fujos can have their yaoi

Love it.

Boner-inducing.

>anime and manga generally aren't allowed to have real male/female relationships

They are.

Those character are straights.

no they're not.

Pray the gay away.

can't raead moon

use google translate

can't type moon

search the post in that account

why don't you just translate it for me?

i want some more of it, i want too much

It's fan art. He's trying to "troll" you.

>subtext
Not good enough anymore, my standards have been irrevocably raised.

It need to go much more than mere subtext

Too bad it will take at least years for YoI to have any effect on anime.

>thinks they will be canon
It is just fujobait, like everything else.

I don't want damn subtext. I want the real thing.

>>thinks they will be canon
Last time I checked, they are already canon.

You both are so cute. Now get a room.

About that...

Nah. Subtext is fine but if it's the main focus, the show's probably not for me.

I just see fujobait, nothing else. You will see how episode 12 will end.

After watching both seasons of owari no seraph those two out-gayed naruto and sasuke in NY opinion

They are already canon.

I just can't get enough

>I just see fujobait, nothing else.
You sound retarded, old blind.

I prefer when they're canon

>Dead
>Canon

Do you stop loving someone once they're dead?

feels goodman

This.
I can't think of an anime or manga in which has both though. Maybe one day.

Utena

Cardcaptor Sakura

its a phase, then they become cockstarved sluts

Shinsekai Yori.

I love it, especially when it's in a historical setting. Victorian homos are best homos.

You're just going to end up disappointed.

I've been seeing a lot of people saying Yoi is setting a precedent for future anime but it's really not. Yoi is an exception, not the start of some progressive wave of anime. There probably won't be another anime so direct like Yoi in a long time.

I have no problems with homo subtext or more in anime, but Western fans thinking it's progressive and dismissing anything that might narratively be good because it's "gay baiting" is obnoxious, and I worry it's just going to get worse now that Yoi has somehow "raised" people's standards with its mediocre writing just because it's gay.

As for Sup Forums, they'll just keep blaming the fujo and /u/ boogeymen of course.

>I've been seeing a lot of people saying Yoi is setting a precedent for future anime but it's really not. Yoi is an exception, not the start of some progressive wave of anime. There probably won't be another anime so direct like Yoi in a long time.
I dunno, at last the "fujo don't like canon" bullshit is dead.

Let's be honest, that was always just a meme.

Some, if not most, people on Sup Forums believed it.