What's your opinion on comedy anime? nichibros is pretty funny

what's your opinion on comedy anime? nichibros is pretty funny

Nichijou was simply better

Most comedy anime is shit because there's too much of a cultural discrepancy between what the Japanese and Westerners find funny.

Too much forced animation.

They're my favorite.

this but nichibros were ok. I also laughed a lot during Sabagebu, OPM and especially MOB. I laughed to other shows they weren't supposed to be funny.

I personally find Japanese humor very repetitive and mundane. They drag it out for far too long and often repeat the same joke over and over again. Nichijou is a perfect example of this. It's pretty funny, but the pacing is usually completely off.

my fave comedies

goldenboy (very ecchi though)
great teacher onizuka
maison ikkoku (romcom but it's very funny in a three's company kind of way)

Are you meming me?

>visual noice and overexaggerated movements are HAHA funny
I will never understand that, why not just tell a joke or make the scene itself comical?

this

Sabagebu was hilarious, which surprised me.

It was good chilling out anime before sleep, it was a bad commedy anime.

>this lion is trained to not eat humans
>but I'm not sure about the dogs

It was pretty boring.

Nichijou was better.

Most comedy anime tries to split itself between comedy and something else, meaning it's not as funny as its Western equivalent.

>Lucky Star
Iyashikei / moe pandering
>Azumanga Daioh
Iyashikei
>Nichijou
Iyashikei / moe pandering
>Mitsudomoe, the funniest anime in history
Ecchi
>Cromartie High School
Okay, I'll allow this one
>WataMote
Thrilling character study
>Kill Me Baby
Crap
>Himouto! Umaru-chan
Absolutely fucking terrible / moe pandering

I am forced to conclude that comedy anime suffers as a consequence of waifu saturation. It would be funnier if it didn't keep giving its viewers wank breaks to bust a nut over their 2D gfs.

I couldn't nut to nichibros characters or anime in general, but Ringo is very cute

>he hasn't watched this pure comedy anime

that's just painful
I don't see the humor

Hell no.

My man

>Kill Me Baby
>Crap

take that back you goddamn whore

I really enjoy unintentionally funny anime. Over the top drama and shit like that, Oniisama e for example.

t. 12 year old edgelord

Osomatsu is the only good comedy show of the past 5 years.

how come nichijou is better than nichibros? i tried to watch nichijou for three fucking times, but i always got bored.

Part of the problem is that as a gaijin, you see mundane everyday life in Japan as exotic.
Lucky Star's setting is a pretty by the book treatment of teenage life in a Tokyo exurb, but that's a new and exciting experience for you and me. If your classmate wore a kimono during holidays and sperged out about anime, you'd think you were in a bad sitcom. In Japan, that's life.

Great observation, Cpt. Obvious.

Nichijou was simply "prettier". Sabagebu was better than both though.

Yes but why does 95% of all storylines revolve around characters that are 13-18 year old in schools? Why this extreme attachment to this particular setting?

what is iyashikei: the post

Osomatsu-san was the only one that really stuck with me.

There are multiple theories. In general, a lot of fiction revolves around ~16 year olds, because that's considered the coming of age. Live-action stuff has to bump the age up a bit to account for the actors being older. 18-25 year olds also watch the most television, and they tend to relate better to characters their own age.

And too much forced colorization.

Nichibros is great but seto no hanayome is still the one that made me laugh the hardest.

Seto no Hanayome & Angel Densetsu are my favorites

First few eps were funny but I felt that it steadily got less funny over time. Dunno if removing Tadakuni from the plot was a good idea since most of the funnier gags seemed to happen around him.

After the OP changes and the robot starts attending school it was pretty good. Before that point it was pretty bad though. Really nice animation either way.

>Seto no Hanayome
mah nigga

I still need to read the manga at some point (seems like scanlations stopped right before the end though)

Comedy anime has been perfected by Cromartie High School, Detroit Metal City and Astro Fighter Sunred. I haven't read the manga for Astro Fighter Sunred by the manga adaptations for the other two are incredible. Stuff like Blazing Transfer Student and Kyou Kara Ore Wa are also pretty damn funny a lot of the time.

I also love Angel Densetsu. Comedy delinquents are great.

Hayate no Gotoku and Kyouran Kazoku Nikki are pretty good for random plot comedy. I don't like comedies like Nichibros that much because they don't really develop a story but its still good at making multiple parts for one "arc".