This was the best fight of the last 5 years

What other show had such smart and detailed tactics, strategems, and martial prowess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5t_nfOM3ySw#t=11m10s
youtube.com/watch?v=UTWS4t02yak
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This fight was better.

Naruto v Sasuke was infinitely better

Any fight in World Trigger

whatever fight there was in HxH in these past 5 years

I'll admit, that fight scene was hype as fuck.

Ginger vs blonde >>>> all

> my instinct tells me he'll make a dumb strike on my armor when I already know his spear fucks up mana and my armor is made of mana
>where'd his other NP I don't know what it does go? ehh, probably nothing
>I can't keep up with this guy when I can fight on par with Lancelot, Cu Chulainn, and Super Mega Sword Autist
>Let me take off my armor when it doesn't hinder me at all and leaves me vulnerable to a myriad of things. nothing can go wrong there

Saber is so fucking stupid here. The whole fight is too on the nose in general. There's more time spent on them explaining than taking action.

Shirou vs. Gil, Rider vs. Gil or Shirou ws. Saber Alter?

> Rider vs. Gil
Do you really think that it was a battle?

>Saber
>not being retarded

People love it, so yes going off their opinions

She mostly competent in FSN but made several critically stupid mistakes in Zero (Lancer fight I just described, being pushed around so easily, NOT letting Lancer break Buidhe so she could use only thing capable of killing cthulhu, not killing Caster when she had the chances). Worst she had before was being tricked into the shadow.

It's BRILLIANT
youtube.com/watch?v=5t_nfOM3ySw#t=11m10s

and kakashi vs obito

Fights are always better when there's a good thematic/ideological undercurrent.

Someone explain this to me:

>Saber's invisible air can't cut through Berserker's D rank KoH weapons
>Lancer cleaves through it effortlessly
>That's not Dearg's effect either cause then it would either phase through or disintegrate it but the veins are still active. It's all physical
>likewise, his gatling gun is easily cleaved by Gil's boomerang NPs
>Saber specifically mentions how tough his armor is in the basement
>Invisible air strikes the killing blow at the end through said armor AND overcomes the far superior than KoH Arondight

saber kills berserker due to his BSOD after kariya dies and impales him full force as he freezes up and is unable to move quickly, otherwise she couldn't have an opportunity to get enough force to penetrate the armor

lancer's spears are impossibly sharp, excalibur is only on that level when not hidden, same with girugamesh. Her sword's main enchantment is being hidden and able to empower her own mana into it, without enhancing it invisible air is nothing special

>why didn't saber kill Caster when he is an enemy servant and vulnerable

>why didn't kiritsugu just tell natalia to land the plane and warn the authorities not to open it until he figured out a way to kill all of the zombies and bees

>why didn't saber just obey kiritsugu and stay with irisviel at all times instead of letting her get kidnapped by berserker

>why did kotomine and tokiomi just decide to suicide assassin to force rider to use his noble phantasm instead of using them to kill the masters immediately

Zero is a great deep and mature anime. Why does it have to be attached to shallow Shounen garbage

I thought that too, but I rewatched it and Kariya died after Lancelot was impaled.

>I asked that already
>Kerry doesn't how to save people without killing other people
>Didn't remember that was an order, if she went off on her own after being told to stay that's really dumb of her
>Tokiomi is a complete retard and Kotomine was just following order. Speaks a lot about he has that little faith in Gilgamesh

>Fate/Shit
>Not stardust crusader
>Not Jotaro vs Dio

Go fuck yourself deeply you and you're damned blonde haired virgin waifu OP.

Gintoki vs. Takasugi was great just for the voice-acting.

A good fight in a shit show still makes it a shit show.

here is a (you)
now fuck off your animeme

Where's the breakdancing

Stop trying to start Fate vs. Jojo fan wars. You already failed last time

pretty much except the "lol my secret weapon, double speed, oshit i mean my secret weapon triple, i mean my SECRET weapon QUAD SPEED"

Literally Kaioken

i don't consider faggots fights great fights .gintoki vs shinsuke was a better fight because both were a great characters with great voices even tho the equality in fate was better
youtube.com/watch?v=UTWS4t02yak

This fucking fight was a long time coming.
Fucking loved it.

Zero was so damn good, wish we got another seinen Fate anime instead of adapting the shonen VN.

This year alone had like 3 fights that were miles above it.

>implying

>Shounen VN when even in the all ages port it's a hard R

>Anime
>deep
>mature

Weeaboos truly are nothing but dumb trash.

Nice limited view. Can you really not accept that any medium can be deep and thought provoking if done well? Pic related's nuance probably went straight over your head.

>implying.

It was shit just like the previous battle they had. Garbage characters, garbage manga, just because the animation was decent doesn't mean it was great.

Anime is garbage, no matter what you wankers believe.

Sup Forums's thattaway ->

WRONG

Top this

Kaneki vs Jason

/thread

Everything was so good about this fight but fuck i cannot overlook him blocking bullets with his knives that shit is retarded

Nasuverse humans are way beyond RL in terms of potential. Just look at the demon hybrid families, demon hunter families, and the top mages, You already saw him deflecting the traps in the woods and crush a tree

>fight between godlike beings degenerates into a slugfest
10/10 every time

Sup Forums IS A BOARD OF PEACE

THAT LOVES ANIME

Off model a lot (for the climax of the story that's pretty bad)
'Splaining, lots of 'splaining
Has to keep cutting between two other fights
A no chemistry rivalry which mostly amounts to them being the only two competent masters.
Nolan batcave for absolutely no reason
No real emotional stakes since we know the outcome (Compare to Rider vs. Gil where we don't know if Waver will make it)
This is partly a cause of the VN cause of dramatic irony and it saying they never said anything to each other before the fight, but in that case why try to build it up so much like that if there's a poor foundation. The fight itself is enjoyable in a vacuum but not enough going for it to justify the final boss status
Finally, and this is subjective, but it's literally two edgy men in black using guns and swords on each other, kind of silly in a trying too hard to be cool way.

TL;DR Cool but shallow

I'd have to say the top fights of Fate are Kirei vs Kerry, Raw Anus vs Gay Bulge, and Gil vs Shirou. I still think the movie version of Archer vs Shirou flowed better than Ufotable's version because it doesn't jump back and forth to flashbacks while they are shilling Aimer like the usual Aniplex shenanigans.

Gil vs Shirou, or episode 23 as a whole, was just the perfect example of a perfect adaptation. If only ufotable could always work that good

It went too far in a few places and had a lot of scenes that were kind of random logically compared to the VN (Shirou always fought as close as possible to not give Gil any room to think while 2014 had them separated several times and giving several opportunities he didn't take, or the time dilation making AM conveniently eat Gil look like a cheap save instead of that happening the moment the reality marble starts to break). Much better than K&K overall though