How would you have fixed it?

How would you have fixed it?

Why would I change it? it's already perfect.

>How would you have fixed it?

Anime was fine IMO, S2 spent a little bit more time on some things than I liked but overall really good.

Going back the only thing I would have done differently would been never entered at G/A/TE threads. Holy shit they were cancer

Lelei best girl, also aliens are retarded. I could care less for the story, I mainly enjoyed watching modern weaponry btfo some savages.

The only thing I would have changed was the whole special forces battle, that part kinda pissed me off.

this desu

Buy erasing it from existence.

Replace the Japanese with Americans.

I remember nothing.

How about you don't "fix" it and look/wait for something that is actually what you are looking for instead of complaining that the show was not about what you wanted it to be?

Generally address the clunky writing in terms of exposition and delivery of said exposition and characterization, and put some more focus on the potential outcomes and tribulations of a fantasy vs real world army.

Tone down the nationalism and xenophobia of Japan. It makes the show fucking awkward to watch

yeah, this is all everyone should have expected from it.

I'd have given the elf-girl bigger jugs.

Delete the gay dragon hunting adventure and the crap that follows.

Make the conquest of the lands beyond the gate at least a little bit challenging instead of the JSDF mowing everything down effortlessly.

Make it look like the manga.

>Sup Forums - Anime & Manga
both halves are 10/10 worthy though, just improve the music

the Sup Forums portion was not meant to be greentexted

>the GATE opens in central park/Washington's monument

JSDF easily mowing shit down is the best thing about the show, though. It's like one of those "humanity fuck yeah" moments.

I see two routes.

One: Actually consider the real geopolitical implications of a FUCKING PORTAL TO A FUCKING FANTASY WORLD. The first thing that would happen, once people heard of it, was that every fucking nation in the world would want a piece of it. US wouldn't even ask, they'd send ten carrier groups to Japan as "assistance". China would look for any excuse to invade. World war three would be imminent. Because a portal like that is literally the most valuable thing on the plant.

Two: Close the portal behind the initial expedition force. Now they're trapped without backup on the other side. They're dominant in any individual conflict, but they don't have infinite bullets, so they need to resort to guile and strike alliances to survive. Entire series happens in the fantasy land with no politics involved.

Cut out the boring political shit and the stupid peacemaking crap and replace it with high-grade military hardware wiping out thousands of filthy imperials.

Anime was shit with a fucked up design of ALMOST EVERYONE.
Manga was nice, but after two-three arcs i just don't gave a fuck anymore and the end was nowhere near.

Make it a moe Stargate SG-1. Focus it around Itami's squad and the three waifus adventuring around.

Make them the World War II era Japs.

The anime seemed really rushed at times. Although I know it was adapting the LN, I would have liked just a few silent moments gazing around this world like the manga did. There was a lot of uncomfortable, obvious compression, such as with the battle with Giselle.

Little detailed things like JSDF soldiers playing alien shogi in the streets with the natives, or Duran paying off the mer-people the JSDF offended, that didn't add to the plot, but really enriched the world-building aspect.