youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
coursera.org/learn/machine-learning
youtube.com/watch?v=2t26m_Q6ENo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's a crybaby pandering to muh feels

He is right.

It can be tough being so correct

This.

He's old so everything new is therefor bad.

>we want CGI to replace artistic vision

He's right to be disgusted.

CGI was a mistake.

Like many of the people in this thread, a complete failure to understand that there is nothing unique and irreplicable about the human brain, and that it will soon be obsolesced by technology even at creative endeavors. It's not anything to fault him for, many people fail to understand that, and ascribe a nonsensical sort of uniqueness or non-determinism to human consciousness. They're just bad at critical thought and understanding reality. They'll pass away soon enough, when they refuse whatever longevity tech they deem to be evil because of the naturalistic fallacy.

He's an old geezer

You should make this thread everyday. That shit certainly won't get old and annoyin fast.

It's not just that it's cgi, it's that it's an entirely computer generated animation. The program itself came up with the style of movement. He's upset because it's a different method that any human would use, or than he would use specifically, obviously. But also, that this actually represents a potentially pretty crazy change in how things are created. If you can just give an AI some basic rule set, and let it churn out random variations, with the only human input being to pick out which ones are interesting, the entire creative process becomes editorial. I think that's actually pretty interesting, but for someone who had editors specifically as his opposition for his entire carrier, the prospect that future directors like him will basically just become literally that, his worst enemy, must be awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=15DTq__IScQ

It looks like shit and at the end those retards even have the gall to say to him that they want to replace animators with computer programs.
Why wouldn't he get mad?
Furthermore, even with all the technology and new techniques there hasn't been a single new Japanese OVA or animated movie as good looking as Nausicaa, Macross:Do You Remember Love, Cagliostro, Akira or Ghost in the Shell, which may have used CGI but only for very specific FX.
Newer doesn't mean better.

>old man yells at cloud

He's right and he's not. Maybe it's not the best way but it does help create a sense of "pain" or "creepyness" artificially.

Can't wait for him to die. Every time someone post him I get more and more disgusted. People like him are the worst.

Being Miyazaki is suffering

Ironically, what that computer is doing is in some sense very similar to what nature "did" to eventually get to us.

His problem is faggots giving him attention he doesnt deserve. Faggots like OP.

This is what happens when you get old.

Programming is an art form of its own.

Using AI to create animations is cool as fuck.

>"We made an AI drag ragdolls around."
>"This is the shittiest fucking thing I have ever seen."
>"Someday this will replace you, Miyazaki-san."

AHAHAHAHAHA

Based Miyazaki BTFOing otaku trash left and right

>BTFOing himself

Typical "anti-technology" behavior. It is not rational at all, not only because it is dumb in nature, but also because its pretty damn selective.

It kinda reminds me about that one Akira Kurosawa short where the old man goes on and on about how his village has no technology, but the village is literally characterized by its watermills (which are, surprise, technology).

Dumb pastoral nostalgia of city boys who don't go a day without the luxuries of modern life. Miyazaki surely cuts out jobs by simplifying tasks with technology too, but it is not wrong when he does it.

Why does Miyazaki hate technology so much?

Lack of self awareness, lack of awareness of reality, overconfidence in human ability, an entire host of logical fallacies you can take your pick from.

This is what happens when you become stubborn. I know plenty of old people who are not fucking dumb.

Miyazaki, however, is the equivalent of an old lady who refuses to use a computer or a cellphone. Most anons would call such person a nuisance, but since this one is famous they will suck his flaccid dick.

>Be a plane otaku
>Hates technology
I wonder if he thinks planes are born from trees or if they live in wild herds in the American heartland.

There will be a day, when machine learning can perfectly replicate and create the artistic form that Miyazaki treasures so much.

That will be the day he retires.

>ai
>capable of functioning outside of the limitations of human intelligence
The only knowledge it could possibly learn is ours, as that is the only knowledge there is. Anything would be a complete guess and therefore illogical in an entirely logical based system.

What was the point of showing him this? It was a shitty animation based on a half-assed concept they couldn't even get right. It's literally a shitty model on ragdoll physics and this is what should replace the current model? The whole presentation pretty much wasted everyone's time.

>invent machine to make creepy zombie animations
>show it to Studio Ghibli
>?
>profit?

Yeah, could realy use this for our upcoming remake of Totoro: Return of the Dead

Luddites get rekt.

they heard he was working on a caterpillar movie and figured it could work out, but didnt have time to swap the human models. was just a big misunderstanding

Kawakami is insane.Why did he give Hayao such a ridiculous irrelevant presentation?

>What is neuroscience.
Look at this AI cuck. I'm sorry, but IA will always shit all over you faggots.

>it will soon
As somebody actually in the AI field, no. Not for anytime soon.

Since you're here can I ask you why we still have workers in factories?

Shouldn't anything with repetition be easily performed by an AI?

Also what exactly do you do in the AI field? Do you know where a smuck like me could read about AI online?

Transhumafags gtfo

>people still belive robots wont steal most of the jobs in the next few decades.
youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

>Why we still have workers in factories? Shouldn't anything with repetition be easily performed by an AI?
Maybe, but it also means building the factory yourself, or you can just outsource and have it be somebody else's problem.
>Also what exactly do you do in the AI field?
I study and do research on NLP.
>Do you know where a smuck like me could read about AI online?
coursera.org/learn/machine-learning

>present something cool
>DUDE ITS NOT DRAWN LMAO

Fuck off.

Miyazaki has every right to be mad, retard

He's a douche bag geezer complaining that things are different instead of focusing on the actual under lying problems. CG can be just as amazing as hand drawn and you're a douche to blame the method itself over the work that goes into it.

>Mr Miyazaki, look, this is what a person would look like if they felt no pain
>MUH FEELINGS YOU INCONSIDERATE BASTARDS, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT PAIN IS, YOU'RE INHUMAN ASSHOLES FOR TRYING TO IMITATE A PERSON IN PAIN
>B-But Mr Miyazaki, we didn't mean tha-
>MY CRIPLED CHILDHOOD FRIEND BOO HOO.

does he really hate otakus that much?

friendly reminder that you can't finance an anime with "artistic vision and integrity" alone. This is an industry like all the other and they want to reduce costs as much as possible and computers animating scenes will become the norm as soon as the technologie is advanced enough.

What is the abordage of AI to NLP? I always thought that most studies of NLP were done by psychologists.

>literally says it's a fictional parody of the actual interview at the start

Weeaboos destroying the civilization.

>ugly-ass CGI produced by no one will become the norm

Maybe for cut-rate cheap anime coming out of fly-by-night studios with a staff of three people.

Just because something is new technology doesn't mean it's useful or valuable, especially in the creative fields.

There are a billion high-tech "innovations" we were told would change animation forever which have since fallen into the garbage heap of history.

What an absolute fucking soap boxing faggot holy shit

Care to explain how an experimental work of art is even remotely related to his fucking crippled friend?

Except he went off his rocker way before that was even mentioned.

>my friend is a zombie and I am so offended
whiny bitch desu

>presents a CG model/animation, specifically referencing how it could be implemented into horrorw works
>Miyazaki calls it an abomination
I mean what the hell was he expecting?

>There are a billion high-tech "innovations" we were told would change animation forever which have since fallen into the garbage heap of history.
And about a billion more that have entered standard use that you probably have no idea about because you couldn't tell the tail end of their workflow environment from the front.

>soap boxing

Americans have a name for everything.

I can't believe there are people on Sup Forums actually defending Miyazaki

>There are a billion high-tech "innovations" we were told would change animation forever which have since fallen into the garbage heap of history.

Hey, fans! It's me, Aki Ross, the virtual actress and star of the smash-hit film, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within!

Obviously by now I've been in dozens of other movies in different roles, and changed the acting field forever, just like they said I would!

He's right.

Kek this. The presentation was experimental at best and a dogdy zombie animation at worst, and he goes on a rant about his crippled friend and how "you don't understand what it means to have pain". I love his works but his reaction was literally autism.

Hello, newfriend.

You're pretty subhuman if you actually haven't heard that word before

>my own personal experiences should have an impact on what kind of art is made
miyazaki is literally an SJW

With Miyazaki always is the same,destroy every "threat" at his career.

He is a big reason the anime movie industry never advanced until now

Nepotism,sabotaged careers,constant hypocrisy.

I have you just have autism.

feel free to explain

newfags have a useless space in their post for everything

When I hear a word I haven't hear before I remember it.
When you have autism you shouldn't be on the internet.
Just a mistake.
By the way you are nitpicking cuck.

Pfft.... OP, the programmer is like... using gypsy magic, it's the devil y'know? Would you want voodoo magic in your works as well?

So what, does Miyazaki think that horror shit like Silent Hill or Junji Ito's works to be an "insult to life itself" just because of how fucked up they are?

They even preface the presentation with horror ideas and yet he just goes on a tangent about how it reminds him of some cripple friend of his and how he finds it offensive because of it.

Build wall, paco.

The real surprise is people on Sup Forums actually defending CGI

¡OBLIGAME!

Cgi is nearly unanimously reviled here, nobody is defending it. The controversy is because Miyazaki dismissed a legitimate business proposition with an unrelated personal anecdote. It just shows how disconnected he is.

It's not about the CGI it's about miyazaki's autistic outburst

Who gives a shit when CGI sucks?

aspergers old senile bags of shit also suck

Current, and in particular Japanese, CGI may be shit but there is absolutely no reason it can't surpass drawing by hand in every aspect eventually. The AI debate is one thing but tools the humans operate with will inevitably improve and even if animators are still necessary one will be able to do the work of ten.

Is that Kojima in the white shirt?

>unanimously
[citation needed]

>absolutely no reason it can't surpass drawing by hand in every aspect eventually
Other than the fact that it doesn't look like a drawing

>there is absolutely no reason it can't surpass drawing by hand
Already is caught up, but only real children get to enjoy that; unsavory late-night manchildren get the crappy stuff, usually.

Yes, it can look like a drawing. It can also look better. Like maybe spend less time greentexting and more explaining why it couldn't.

>nearly unanimously
>nearly

Reading comprehension user.
And I still stand by that statement.

>CGI may be shit but there is absolutely no reason it can't surpass drawing by hand in every aspect eventually.

No CGI is going to match hand-drawn frames. Too much personality goes into hand-drawn intermediate frames that just can't be replicated otherwise.

Why is he giving his friend a hard time by asking him for a high-five in the first place?

>It can also look better.
Prove it.

Depends where you draw the line at CGI. Is using a tablet "by hand" in your opinion?

And you assume "personality" can't go into CGI? All CGI looks the same to you huh? Racist.

>Why is he giving his friend a hard time by asking him for a high-five in the first place?
Kek. Makes you think doesn't it?

No matter how adept someone gets with an animating interface, it just can't match the control someone has with a hand-drawn cell.

Call me when CGI can dream of something half this glorious:
youtube.com/watch?v=2t26m_Q6ENo

You realise that a digital drawing is still CGI, right? No one does shit traditionally anymore already.

I draw the line at not needing to re-draw the same thing, so no tablet is still drawing. CGI is drawing a character, that character having functions like size or alternate parts that you can adjust numerically or in other ways beside literally drawing it differently again, and being able to reuse the same drawing thusly.

Will it become less art and more programming? Yes. Does programming lack personality? No.

>hand drawn
Do you mean stricly traditional media?