Looking back, quite a few people actually disliked the ending to Code Geass. Did you...

Looking back, quite a few people actually disliked the ending to Code Geass. Did you? Do you think another season will do it justice?

I feel kinda alone on this but I think it was a great ending.

I can't really relate to people that want happy ending so badly. To me this was great precisely because they had the guts to do something unconventional.

>alone
Nigga what. The ending to CG is widely considered to be damn fucking good. Anyone saying otherwise is a contrarian faggot.

This. In fact I don't think I've known or seen anyone shit on it other than the few contrarian faggots on here

Yeah, even people who disliked R2 think that the ending was perfect.

I loathed R2, most of Sup Forums did. But ending was perfect.

I don't think anyone at all thought it wasn't fucking great, besides contrarians who either never watched it or secretly liked it but didn't like the effect the series had on the board.
>tfw 2017 will be 2006 all over again

R2 was better than R1, I can't understand why it gets so much hate. Yeah, it gets fucking ridiculous, but it's entertaining as fuck. At least it wasn't boring.

The ending was GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*queue record scratching*

>"Yeah, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got into this mess. You know, looking back it all makes sense. Dream big. Live big. Love big. Get stabbed by your best friend in front of everyone to bring about true world peace in a very convoluted plot. Now I know, which is exactly 0% of the battle apparently.

It's like I'm really on reddit.

Hey that's good! Because I just love Reddit, and I'm glad I can share that joy with all my wonderful anons here on Sup Forums, especially Sup Forums.

Glad I could bring some joy into your life user!

Actually, I'd say that's the minority. Not the majority. Most people liked the ending of Code Geass and that probably won't change, regardless of how good or bad the new season or sequel movie is.

It was a shit ending from an in-universe point of view. In there's one thing WW2 taught us, it's that the world doesn't get peaceful after the enemy is killed. The """""""peace"""""" Lulu created would've crumbled within a few years max, and Britannia would've collapsed on itself since nobody can take Lulu's place and he killed the only people who could rule it. The world would've devolved into chaos worse than any of the previous wars in the show.

I loved the ending.
It's the middle that's unforgivable.

WW2 did lead to a more peaceful world though.

Not totally peaceful, but more than before.

Well, the sequel is only a few years after ZR so the show is implying that's not a final solution.

Hopefully Ougi gets the final solution he deserves.

A happy ending with his loving wife and kids in the Japan he alone created? Yea. He deserves to be happy.

It was the spectacular ending to a wild and crazy train wreck.

R2 is super rushed and mostly crap, ending was clearly planned though and marvellous.

Lelouch became Suzaku 2.0 and sacrificed himself for the greater good to atone for his sins and blah blah. The show pussed out and didn't go all the way with his character.

Ougi a traitorous shit who literally went out of his way to fuck over everyone he knows, hes a dirty bastard working for dirty britannians and literally traded his lifes work to get his dick wet.

Ougi did nothing wrong.

If anything, it's Lelouch's fault for trusting a jew.

The ending is a Watchmen ripoff.

Suzaku became Lelouch 2.0 because he now has to work outside the system. It's like poetry

This. S1 was good because it was basically about following a stereotypical japanese antagonist as the protagonist.

S2 shit all over everything.

How so? Because in the 2009 movie the world unites against Doctor Manhattan who becomes the scapegoat of all that is evil?

Too bad the comic is completely different in that regard.

Lelouch was ALWAYS about the greater good.

He simply used the wrong methods.

The ending had Lelouch used the wrong methods for the greater good.

Nothing like Suzaku. The "sin" part is accessory.

>sacrificed HIMSELF for the greater good to atone for his sins
S1 Lelouch wouldn't have done that.

I think it redeemed the whole second season.

Even from the start of the series, Lelouch insists those willing to shoot must be willing to be shot themselves. S2's ending is merely him acting on that philosophy.