Why isn't she equally loved as Rei and Asuka?

Why isn't she equally loved as Rei and Asuka?

She wasn't in the original show.
Her role is unclear.
Gay for Asuka.
People think that she's like a fanfic OC Mary Sue.

Does her character really have a point? She doesn't fit in with the original trio dynamic except as a waifu for smugsuka.

not that I care because the rebuilds suck anyways and I love soft pink

She had no more than 15mins of screen time over two movies.

she enjoys life. haters cant handle that.

The love for her just isn't distributed in the same way - most of it can be found in pic related.

Mari Sue

>the fucking plugsuit
11/10

Mari a cute but she's not as cute as Asuka

She came too late, on the really bad cash-grab movies, with little to no backstory and character progression, in one of the most (bad) autistic fanbases, too bad because she is really cute.

What a shame.

MEESA MARI

In a show mostly interesting because of its characters Mari has very little characterization, appears only in action scenes and interacts with only one character.

And she only talk with said character about Shinji and not even profound stuff but kyaa finally you meet with shinji-kun nyaa

Asuka already love her.
They live in the same room and sleep in the same bed.

That never stopped Kaworu from being popular

Who?

At least Kaworu got a god-tier episode while Mari only got 2 shitty movies and her screentime is dedicated entirely to action sequences and singing. It doesn't help she tend to steal other characters's roles because the staff couldn't find her something to do

still mad Anno forgot there already was a fourth pilot

I do find it hilarious that Eva gets called the series that invented waifus and Anno just invented a waifu for the cash in movies

>inb4 I know the waifu meme itself is from Azumanga Daioh

The background and motives she's acting to distract from aren't implemented, they made a character that acts mysterious and then meows and you have to take the meowing at face because the mystery isn't built.

Toji was a shit character

At least he's a character. Mari's nothing more than a shit composite sketch.

I literally dropped the remake when she showed up.

Not that I liked eva that much to begin with.

She literally, L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y, exists to sell merchandise. Plus she's ugly.

Because she's forced into the plot and is an inconsequential character. That, and she doesn't have a lot of personality. I mean how do you describe Mari? She likes piloting Eva and Asuka, is also kinda genki, that's about it. She's basically Kensuke with tits.

She's still more interesting to watch than him

because she shouldnt even exist

I always thought she would be some sort of secret double agent. Then 3.0 happened and she became nothing.

It did feel like 2 was setting something up for her, but then 3 happened and ya.

Basically just exists now to give Asuka someone to hang out with since Shinji was in space, Rei is deadish, and Misato went slightly insane.

With Rei and Shinji sorta back with Asuka, she has even less to do.

Gentle reminder that Touji was turned to paste in Shinji's hand in the original series.

Because filler trashes with zero character don't deserve any love.

I think he lost an arm and a leg but he did survive. I don't really know how

That is also Kaworu again. A human apostolo from nowhere was always intended but the Adam connection and descending fight into Terminal Dogma were conceived for Rei.

za beasto / 10

It's just that she's a character that has so little time in the movies that we exactly don't know her too well to feel some kind of feeling(?)

Had*

> That never stopped Kaworu from being popular
Despite having one episode, Kaworu actually interacts with Shinji in a meaningful way, leaving a lasting impact on his character. That being said, Kaworu only really interacts with Shinji, has little to no characterization or backstory himself, and is thus a C-list satellite character. The only reason he got so popular as to compete with main characters on promoart and merch is because he's a blatant fagbait.
Kaworu is the only one in this niche of his, therefore he popped off despite being a plain character. Mari, on the other hand, competes with infinitely more developed and explained women, leaving her 0 chance.

Toji had personality and motivation. There was a reason for him to be there. At least they could have used Toji's sister, instead of meganekko.

they wanted a Japanese girl with darker hair to appease the jap girls. Girls care alot about hair color over there.

because the rebuilds are trash

She's pretty much nega/bizzarro shinji and
has no hope being compared to pic related and even the turd next to her.

The character is still present and used largely the same way. I think his role is reduced because there's just generally less of what he was used to comment on. Like how much outside perspective of NERV was there in the show that isn't in the movies?