U.S Military 1911

Will you buy one, trump is letting the army sell them

Other urls found in this thread:

daytondailynews.com/news/gen-politics/new-bill-allows-civilians-buy-old-wwii-era-army-handguns/YzUzYjH0l9jLLdmHFuzb7J/
redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/06/16/senator-john-mccain-wants-destroy-govt-surplus-1911-pistols/
youtu.be/j9pPVwdMFg0
sigsauer.com/products/firearms/pistols/1911-1/
classicfirearms.com/rock-island-1911-gi-45acp-5in-51429
youtu.be/A8XqAMn4Wqo
youtube.com/watch?v=7y9apnbI6GA
gsaauctions.gov/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought they were using berettas

Definitely, I'll buy like 5 and have Christmas gifts

they switched recently

daytondailynews.com/news/gen-politics/new-bill-allows-civilians-buy-old-wwii-era-army-handguns/YzUzYjH0l9jLLdmHFuzb7J/

yeah, i'd take a 1911.

No because I already own better handguns.

someone fedex me a Luger plx

I had one, it was shit, don't buy them.

how much will they cost though? it's not like you couldn't buy them before

right?

Reminder that McCain wanted to have them melted down for scraps
redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/06/16/senator-john-mccain-wants-destroy-govt-surplus-1911-pistols/

They do this every year,cmp gets first dibs.

How much?

they'll be selling north of $1000, that's a lot of money for a busted old service handgun. Fudds will still buy them, though.

I'd never buy a beat to shit gun period. A 50 year old 1911 that was in the hands of a dozen servicemen and got dragged through Vietnam sounds like a history piece more than a good plinker.

Yeah, fuck that. I’d rather get another rifle.

Im not a gunfag but I dont see a reason to buy this unless you're into nostalgia. Iirc its 7 rounds and they are unreliable compared to modern pistols. If you want a 45 so badly, why not just a get a USP or something?
Sounds like they are just trying to cash in on the collector's market so they don't go to waste.

Have killed men with rocks, slings, even an old bottle of Jack in the street gutter. Have also used a 1911 to do the same. I think the fucking rocks and bottle were the more graceful way of doing it. Not 9mm P drop an entire hi cap mag in them less elequint. More so less "Holy fuck his leg, arm, head, looks like it's is a sponge filled with red dye leaking" lack of eloquence. Would go with partial jacket .357 instead though for the "Holy fuck that limb, head came right off" effect. But ok 45 will do job.

>and they are unreliable compared to modern pistols
this just proves you are absolutely retarded. the 1911 is pretty much a gold standard in reliability it's why we've been using them since inception

1911 is just fine, limited mag capacity isn't so great sure but the pistol performs just fine.

Military should sell their rifles instead.

Absolutely not. They are all going to be shot to shit anyways.

youtubers were bulshitting me then, lol. and Im not retarded, Im just not a gunfag. Still, 7 rounds isn't much when any nignog can get a pistol with over 15

As a surplus collector fuck yeah I'm buying one.

If you read the article it says they have been in storage since 1945 and CMP will sell them. More than likely they will be checked for functionality and wear/tear.

Price?

Every day I hate McCain a little more. I can't wait for that dirty traitor to croak.

It might be but have you ever seen a service firearm that wasn't beat to shit?

If you plan to resell them, it might not be a bad investment since rich fudds will buy them at any price but for practical purposes those 1911 are going to be junk.

They have had a back and forth.

The phased out1911s in the 80s and made everyone use a wonder 9.

Spec ops got to keep their 1911safterbitching about the new pistols.

Then spec ops got to pick whatever their unit wanted. (Many went right back to 1911s, but some got Sig's etc)

Then the army bitched that the special forces got to pick, and they did trials, then officers started carrying 1911s Because they fucking could and eventually the brass gave in.

The issue is that militaries cannot use expanding bullets against personal Because of the Geneva convention. Most pistols cannot get their rounds to go fast enough to cavitate like a rifle (the 5.7mm was an attempt at this).

So for a pistol firing regular ball ammo to be effective having a higher diameter heavier bullet is really really key.

Yes. Too bad it never killed a gook.

best goy ever

Unfortunately not in the article. However, if it's true that there are 100K in storage they probably won't go sell for a lot.

Does surplus mean used, or does it mean they ordered too many and don't need them so they're selling them? In the latter case, if they're still new, then I'd consider it.

It just depends. With surplus you can get a beat to shit training firearm, killed 10 people service gun, or you could get one that was made, never made it to the war front or training, and is stored 100% brand new.

these ones have been sitting 30 years and there's no way of knowing how long they were in service before being put back. It could go either way with them being absolute trash or there could be some extremely nice specimens within the lot.

>recently
oldfag detected

If you want a good 1911 with no frills at a low price get a rock island armory GI edition.

They effectively bought a bunch of the original tooling from the WWII/Korean war era 1911 manufacturers, made their own tooling for the bits that they couldn't find. And now they produce Essentially WWII go model replicas that retail for around and often under $500

1911 > beretta m9

no question

>cavitate
What does this mean exactly? Are they firing under water?
youtu.be/j9pPVwdMFg0

>not a gunfag
>gets info from "you tubers"
>gives advice on guns
The internet in a nutshell.

He means the rounds don't push fast enough

>Many went right back to 1911s, but some got Sig's etc
Any major difference?
sigsauer.com/products/firearms/pistols/1911-1/

I assume he's talking p22~ series

Ah ok. And this is important because they want to have a longer range?

This is a big deal because Obama blocked the sale of the 1911s

Okay, here you go.
This is the 1911 deal you are waiting for

Forgot to link it
classicfirearms.com/rock-island-1911-gi-45acp-5in-51429

I didnt give advice, I was being skeptical and asked a question.Can you even read?
>american education in a nutshell

I'd say more for shorter range. Faster push = faster output. That's more useful in close range than far.

Am I the only one who had a lot of fun with this in Counter-Strike?

okay genius you see the shape that the bullet leaves in the water after being fired? the cavity that it leaves? now imagine that happening with human flesh, because that's what happens when you shoot someone.

youtu.be/A8XqAMn4Wqo the ballistics gel in this video simulates the consistency of flesh

Small bullets going fast, like really fucking fast, create 'temporary' tract wounds. Meaning a big fucking entry hole from the air being pushed ahead of the bullet. With a 7.62 rifle the ratio of the tract wounds can be 30x the diameter of the bullet. A small slow bullet does not carry much risk of immediate take down. A slow as fuck and heavy bullet, like a 454 C is like having a stop sign post thrown at you like a javelin. It is gonna wreck your shit, not just stop and somewhat deform in you.

dualies were way more funzies

People are like 90% water, they want the bullets to make gut bubbles.

>Because of the Geneva convention
It's actually because of the Hague Convention

>going all physics on him

Good thing you aren't as drunk as I am :^)

>recently
It was adopted as the standard sidearm in 1985

Makes sense. I always just assumed that the bullet would always exit the barrel much faster than the shell could be ejected and wouldn't be an issue. I never really considered that would be an issue.

sigs were decent in like 1.4 if you were strapped for cash

I have small manlet hands and don't like it's outdated design so no

That's actually what I was wondering. If it referred to entering the target or if it was related to rate of fire or distance. Ideal cavitation=more damage then?

>So for a pistol firing regular ball ammo to be effective having a higher diameter heavier bullet is really really key.

This is a pure meme, the difference between a 9mm hole and .45 cal hole is extremely negligible, of course this is precisely how the shit storm argument of "muh .45" and "muh stopping power" begins
Also as far as I know the USA has not signed the geneva convention

Yes, thanks. Now is this the same for really fat people?

It's even older than that.
> This is often incorrectly believed to be prohibited by the Geneva Conventions, but it significantly predates those conventions, and is in fact a continuance of the Declaration of St Petersburg in 1868, which banned exploding projectiles of less than 400 grams.

The 1911 is iconic, and a should own, but for practicality is complete shit compared to Glocks and other tools out there.

Are you retarded. A 9mm AT WHAT RANGE?

WTF do you mean by "push". I've never heard anybody use that term when talking about guns and I've been into guns for decades. Do you mean muzzle velocity?

The bullet is out of the barrel before the slide even begins to move move. The bullet has probably hit the target before the shell starts to eject. Unless you are shooting at very long range.

youtube.com/watch?v=7y9apnbI6GA

Why would you even ask a question like that? At what range do you plan on using a handgun at?

Yes, and no. Fatties tend to not get as bad as tract wound damage depending where hit. That said, their infection rates from fat tissue golding every last bit of foreign body material like super glue, usually leads to some nasty and neurotic inducing infections. Same when the get stuck, or punctured. Fat tissue in lard ass amounts is asking to die of gang green.

>USA has not signed the geneva convention
Even if that is true, we still don't use hollow point bullets in the military.

Don't know until I have to use it???

I cc a 3rd gen. Glock 10mm, if that says anything.

Wah, U.S. Navy has been using partial jacket hollow point .357 in a few units.

>10mm

I will send my thoughts and prayers for you to find additional ammunition during a SHTF

Other than the SEALS, when is the navy ever shooting at people with handgun rounds?

If they are unused, they will be expensive

Probably sold gsaauctions.gov/ in bulk batches of 1000 (or whatever number they fit in a crate.

You will see them 6 months later for 10x the price because fudd love

Shore patrol, guard duty, supply security, etc, etc.

Lol, I own all sorts of arms, I just carry a 10mm because I know it'll take all sorts of animals. .45 acp was my old choice.

well if you're in the military (which was the original topic of this discussion) you wouldn't be using it outside of really close quarters since you have a rifle

They are selling surplus Garands too, so yea

I kind of like my thumbs.

Says you are a gun hipster

Lift the Russian small arms ban already ffs

Apologies for not reading the entire thread, but I'm not military, I just own guns because I grew up with them, know them, and know not to trust anything but what I know. Had to respond to your HURRR DURRR 9mm = 45

best rifle is a .30-06, gun newfriend.

NICE FLAG BRAH

the 10mm is the most ballistically-correct shot you can fire.

Remember to get training because looking cool is the most important thing

Military has to pick a round that works for women, trannys, and numales as well.

I killed a man by singing and uploading the video gangnam style. His head exploded spontaneously in pleasure

PS: KYS yourself memeflag

O V E R S P R A Y

muh 357 Mag balistics in a compact 1911 package

Yeah, yeah we know.

It's too expensive... how many 1000 rounds do you have?

I mean 338 Lapua and 300 AAC Blackout is cool too, but fuck that price

If you're a man, then the only reason women are shooting a gun is because you're showing them how or because you're dead.

The military doesn't need women in positions to shoot guns, and if IFIIIFFFF they did, it should be the .38.

a) I'm not the person you were responding to, I never said 9mm = 45 acp
b) I cc a 9 anyway because loading 15 >>> loading 7

>some ancient ass pre ww1 design pistol that has likely seen heavy use
I'd buy one as a decoration maybe but not for shooting

Yes. Cheap 1911 will make a good project gun.

You can't actually have hair that long in the army. Even if you were allowed it would get in the way

357 has been memed out of existence. If you're "using" a 357 it's because you're pretty fucking reddit phamz.

Do I buy one of them combat boomerangs?

(people refer to the 10 mm as "357 Mag ballistics in a compact 1911 package")

Where can i buy one of these guns