Lupin III

New Trailer for the upcoming theatrical Lupin III film, Bloodspray of Goemon. As you can see, it clearly looks like anime film of the year.

It is a sequel to Jigen's Gravestone.

youtu.be/vlgCFqW9I3A

more pictures

Jigen's gravestone was shit though

you are in the minority if you believe that. It's pretty great with the exception that it was too short.

anyone?

I absolutely love Lupin, and I hope we get one of these solely based on him. Don't get me wrong, Jigen and Goemon are great too. However, is this new film just going to be about Goemon and a little Lupin? Or will it be the same ratio of Lupin to Jigen as in Gravestone?

well obviously Lupin is going to be in it a good amount. If Koike decides to do a trilogy, I imagine the final film will be all about Lupin. Lets hope he gets rid of that boring as fuck black jacket too. He only used blue once, so hopefully it's the same with black. Would love to see Purple. Hell i'd be okay with Green again.

you have shit taste desu

It also has the best Lupin villain in a long time. That guy was badass. The new villain seems like he has a nice blend of badassness as well as charisma. I am honestly curious to see how he can compete with Goemon since he is the most dominate swordsman in the history of anime.

If they made the assassin in Jigen's Gravestone able to compete with Jigen, I think they'll do fine making the new villain a challenge for Goemon.

I can't watch this show in any language besides Italian, and I'm not even Italian

Jigen is just a great shooter. Goemon kills armies and has canonically sliced through buildings and tanks. There should be a limit to who can challenge him.
the italian dubs are shit and has always been shit. at least most of the english dubs are really well cast especially the upcoming blue jacket dub which i will most definitely watch since its the cast of the old red jacket dub. personally I'm not a fan of Kurita Lupin. He's just not amazing like Yasuo so i feel less guilty when watching any Lupin dub of the past 25 years. prior to his death though is flawless and dubs shouldnt be watched of any language, but once again i grew up with Lupin on adult swim so I tend to prefer that version... also the manga dub of Castle of Cagliostro is great. Bebop tier to be honest, but i still slightly prefer the original because of Yasuo.

guys?

Didn't he cut the film in secret of Mamo?

But given that we have hundreds of episodes of Lupin's charades, films included, i think it makes sense to flesh out the supporting characters more (who knows how much longer we'll have the voice of jigen).
In fact, that sounds like a good business strategy: Every few years you re-introduce everyone through either a short spin-off series or feature lenght film. Starting with everyone else, and leading up to Lupin's re-introduction, which in turn segueways into a new core-series season.
Rinse and repeat every decade or two: bam, neverending Lupin.
Though there'll probably come a time when they completely run out of things to say about him.

i dont understand what you're asking.
what do you mean re-introduce? the new film isn't going to be a debut for Goemon who was intoduced in the green jacket series. This film will take place after Lupin and Jigen had already met Goemon.

The idea of these spin offs arent meant to be non related films that have no connection to the movies or TV shows. They are either Prequels or sequels to the Lupin franchise.

Fujiko series perfectly leads into green jacket since they didnt do anything to contradict the events of green jacket. even going as far as to not have Goemon meet Jigen and Lupin at all during the series.

after green jacket is when Gravestone takes place (not before green jacket like some people believe).

Gravestone clearly takes place after Green jacket because the ending made it very clear that it leads into the mystery of mamo story in which Zenigata goes to Transylvania to search for Lupin because he doesnt believe he died after finding all their graves at the end of Gravestone.

Mystery of Mamo clearly takes place during red jacket but we all already know that, and in Mamo/Red Jacket Lupin and Jigen obviously know about Goemon.

basically what i'm saying is they dont ever re-introduce characters in the franchise with the exception of shit like the Pycal and elusive fog films which arent really canon due to the fact they contradict the timeline..

where the new Goemon film takes place in the timeline is not for certain yet. If I had to guess, It takes place after Mamo, but I don't think it goes as far as lets say Pink Jacket, but we don't know for sure. This is the order I'd assume.

Fujiko series
Green Jacket
Gravestone
Mamo
Goemon movie?
Red jacket
Pink Jacket
everything else

this is the exact order of the timeline with the exception of the Goemon film. not entirely sure if it takes place right before red jacket, during, or even after, but i dont like the idea that its years after Gravestone because that's just seems silly.

one last thing if you didnt know. Gravestone and Goemon film ARE sequels to the Fujiko series. They have stated it multiple times so don't think that they arent related.

>canonically
The fuck is Lupin canon.

Goemon is like Superman, he differs the most from writer to writer.

His feats In Secret of Mamo, he slices the film in order to defeat an enemy irc.

I don't really remember that. Might have to rewatch it again. Wish someone would release it on Blu ray.

>Gravestone and Goemon film ARE sequels to the Fujiko series.
Found the retard