Does Sup Forums even give a shit about Akito OVAs aside from the classic Geass cast and fanservice?

Does Sup Forums even give a shit about Akito OVAs aside from the classic Geass cast and fanservice?

Well yeah they do have-
>classic Geass cast and fanservice?
Oh. Nope lol.

Well, pic related gets a special mention because that's above and beyond normal fan service. That's art for my dick.

And the fights were pretty good. Godawful music though.

>the fights
Pretty much my only other reason for keeping up aside from seeing the old cast. Story was okay until 4 and 5, music was sorely lacking compared to Rebellion and the new characters were so utterly boring aside from Akito I don't remember a single name.

Akito made me realize that a story can get most things right, but without good characters it can't do much. Akito had great action, great world-building, a great backstory, a great premise. The music was lackluster, but the problem was the forgettable characters.

I mean, it was quite good, but if it had more memorable characters, it could have been more lacking in other areas and I'd have rated it higher.

Still teared up when the brits get in a shoot up Leila and Friends.

I want to inseminate that gypsy

You're not the only one, that body is made for breeding.

The action was really good, better than the original show desu regardless of "muh 2D mechs." The characters are just really bland though, and the 5th movie is legit awful.

>fights were good
SHINE SHINE SHINE SHINE SHINE SHINE

The people who care about Akito are mainly on /m/ because Akito is strictly for mecha fans. If you're in it for more Code Geass hijinks, you won't like it. But if you want more focus on the mecha, then Akito suits you. It's hence no surprise that for a time, /m/ actually has Code Geass generals for discussions about Akito and Oz.

It had a lot of potential up until they wasted an entire episode on a band of fucking gypsies. The story just seemed to fall apart after that.

Most the fight scenes were pretty well done though, even despite the CG

First 2 eps were good and the gypsy part in ep 3 but story fell through the floor.

That gypsy one was the only episode Iiked. It

>it's a gypsy episode
>they didn't master the gypsy's greatest skill and end up stealing a bunch of russian knightmares

Most of Sup Forums doesn't care but I thought they were fine as a possibility, among many, of how to try a Code Geass side story as more of a regular mecha series. So yes, I liked Akito. Not as much as the main TV series though.

I don't agree with that. The gypsy stuff was there for two reasons:

a) Make these people act more human, which was necessary.

b)Give them a place they could actually go back to and call home.

Don't see how that's falling apart unless you missed that those two things were necessary and even implied by previous eps.

>despite the CG

The only way they were able to achieve that dynamic camerawork was because of the CG though. So it made the action better.

Why did people say she was female lelouch? I was always under that impression until I realized she wasn't.

She was basically fuckable pussy bait.

>BECAUSE of the CG.
FTFY

Is Akito even canon?
Will we see this character again?

Last episode is awful and surpasses Gundam with the metaphysical newtype bullshit.

what are you even saying to me

honestly the last episode of Akito is so bad it made me go 'maybe the ending of unicorn wasn't that bad'

Ironically, it's precisely because of Unicorn and other Gundam shows that I had absolutely no major problem with Newtype-ish things happening in Akito. They've already gone there before.

Akito is canon.

It's possible. I wouldn't bet against it.

you know what, here's my fucking problem with Akito

They did the most tired fucking gundam tropes there are

OH MAN FIGHTING IS LE BAD LETS ALL STOP LE FIGHTING

And then newtype and afterlife shit

And ultimately none of that would have bothered me if it was IN gundam

If this was a Gundam OVA I would go 'eh, OK gundam Ova'

But its REALLY strange to see that shit in Geass which lets face it, has never taken on the 'FIGHTING IS BAD' tack,

I'm honestly shocked there was no bitching about adults in Akito the entire Ova is in the wrong fucking universe.

Otherway round for me I guess, I absolutely love Gundam but hated Akito's last episode.

Maybe I didn't care about any of the characters.

I didn't watch it.

I am gonna rectify that as soon as I finish rewatching R1 and R2, though.

Same here. Probably why I didn't fine the ending of Akito as bad as others made it out to be.

I have it downloaded but never watched it. Maybe today is the day.

i agree, Gypsy episode was the best and felt the most down to earth

Akito also gonna play a role in R3

proofs?

His speculation

Dropped.