Is TRIGGER genuinely the saviour of anime? How are the doing it?

Is TRIGGER genuinely the saviour of anime? How are the doing it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurren_Lagann
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Imaishi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuki_Nakashima
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Something like this:
Parody of parody of parody of parody of parody of parody of parody of parody of parody of...

>TTGL
>Trigger

Trigger will never be able to make a masterpiece like TTGL.

They already made Ninja Slayer

Both Imashi and Otsuka, the founders of Trigger, were heavily involved in TTGL, newfaggot.

No. They make meme anime. They don't make anything actually innovative or good; it's all just a joke, re-hashing a decades-old animation style in a desperate bid to ride on feelings of nostalgia.

But they weren't at Trigger when they worked on it. Trigger didn't exist. It's a Gainax show.

>meme anime
>bad
It may not be innovative or relevant in later years, but it's better then a lot of generic stuff every season imo.

Ninja Slayer and Inferno Cop doun't count but if you insist, sure.

So what? They were working with Gainax staff at Gainax. At Trigger Imaishi has only shat out garbage.

This here. It might be from the same people at a creative level but its from a different studio.

Shows are shows. It doesnt matter if they are on TV in a theater or on the web. They all count.

>TTGL
>Trigger
>Not even focused on Imaishi since it got LWA

shit meme sepai

By creating enough fun originals.

Agreed.

LWA is one of their best creations though, there's no reason to not include it.

is space patrol luluco worth watching?

It's quite literally the same main staff.

TTGL isnt Trigger
Stop putting it in with those shitty meme shows

Space Patrol is the best one.

>no mention of INFERNO COP

pssh.. amateurs...

Why is everything Imaishi not involved in simply superior to the works he is involved in?

Kill la kill had an ok animation.

LWA on the other hand... holy shit it's th emostbeautifuli thing ive ever seen since harrypotery holy hsit 10/4

If the thread was about stuff those people had made, then it would make sense, but the OP specifically mentions the studio Trigger. Trigger, the studio, had nothing to do with TTGL.

Hard work is always worth the effort.
Also guts.

This pissed me the fuck off.
At least with Senketsu and Nia it was thematic, but why the fuck did Nova-kun have to go? He dindu nuthin.

>changing the teams name somehow devalidates their previous work
OK

Are you being retarded on purpose?

Apparently LWA2 is 2-cour? Hope they don't overextend themselves. Nice news.

>those people
Like, the key animators, directors, storyboarders and script writers?

Like, those people, who created both TTGL and KLK?

>Trigger
>Savior of ANYTHING

Enjoy your All Flash No Substance studio

Are you?

>anime
>substance
you are in the wrong industry buddy

What is the thread about?

An anime studio? I don't see Trigger's name attributed to TTGL. If you want to start a thread about the work of individual staff members, then do so. If you want to start a thread about the work of Trigger, the studio, then don't mention TTGL alongside KLK, Luluco, LWA, etc., because TTGL is not a Trigger anime.

Why are you so autistic about the name when the important part of the staff is more or less the same?

>Triggercucks want to take credit for TTGL

It's literally not a Trigger work. If they were to attempt the exact same thing as Trigger, we'd get a different result. The staff is not the same.

>All Flash No Substance

Uh
The proper term is Inventive Animation.
But I wouldn't expect an uncultured swine to understand that.

Yes, it's not a Trigger work. It's a work by the exact same people who are now Trigger.

>What the OP started this thread about can never deviate from, the word of the OP is infallible and law
That's funny.

Some of them.

Why the fuck are anime characters always white?

Most of them.

You can talk about Nausicaa in a Ghibli thread. Don't be stupid.

Is the original Neon Genesis Evangelion a Khara production or a Gainax production?

A Gainax production. That you would be well within your rights to discuss in a thread about Khara and the Rebuilds.

Trigger wouldn't have been able to manage a production like Gurren Lagann. Let's talk about every Gainax work that the staff touched then, why don't we? My favourite Trigger thing is FLCL.

Who cares? If you discuss Snoop Lion or whatever he calls him now, does that mean you can't judge Doggy Dog in that thread?

NGE is my favorite Trigger anime

Only one of the characters in OP's image is definitely Japanese, and SE Asians in general have pretty pale skin.

That very well may be true.

But it's not relevant whether they would be able to repeat their success. The two shows still share a huge amount of production staff, specifically in the positions that count.

TTGL and KLK are more 1:1 than older Gainax productions, even though Imaishi and Yoshinari and whoever else have been working on all those famous Gainax shows, like, yes, FLCL, all the way back to Eva.

Hell, there's a guy that worked on Gunbuster that did storyboarding on KLK.

I'm not saying that all those shows are by Trigger, though. Just that TTGL is close.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurren_Lagann
> It was directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi, written by veteran playwright Kazuki Nakashima
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Imaishi
>Notable works
Director
Dead Leaves (2004)
Re: Cutie Honey (2004) (episode 1)
Gurren Lagann (2007)
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (2010)
Kill la Kill (2013)
Japan Animator Expo (2015) ("Sex & Violence with Machspeed")
Space Patrol Luluco (2016)
Other
Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995) Key Animator
FLCL (2000) Animation Director (episode 5)
Black Rock Shooter (2012) Director (CG Battle)
Inferno Cop (2012) Supervisor
Ninja Slayer (2015) Character Designer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuki_Nakashima
>He was also responsible for the series composition of Gurren Lagann [...] is the head writer for Trigger's first animated series, Kill la Kill.

The studio is the one who pays for the artists' time and expenses but receives all the green. The artists receive the credit for their work, regardless under what patron worked.

>It's a studio war thread
Your favorite anime is shit, your waifu is a whore, and your favourite studio should go bankrupt.
There, I summed up the thread, now go somewhere else and be productive.

Actually, your favourite anime wasn't produced by your favourite studio.

Turn A is my favorite Manglobe anime.
Cowboy Bebop is my favorite A-1 anime.

no, if anything it is killing anime

Are you seriously saying that Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo shouldn't be discussed side by side?

Yes but it was not produced at Trigger. If Imaishi were filling out his résumé, he could slap Gurren Lagann on there no problem. If the personification of Trigger were doing the same, he wouldn't, lest he be dishonest. Trigger is an anime production studio, an entity produces anime. Gurren Lagann was not produced at Trigger. This is getting extremely petty at this point so I won't push it further, but like, don't call Gurren Lagann a Trigger anime.

Gainax wasn't even able to handle a production like Gurren Lagann, the ending was drastically different from the flashforward in the beginning and they added like 20-30 minutes of content to the movies that didn't make it into the series because of time constraints.

KLK wasn't as ambitious of a project and had a lot of Imaishi's QUALITY moments as well as CG overuse (which every anime has these days), but Trigger did a pretty good job of handling the production and we didn't see anything that indicated they had much trouble with it behind the scenes.

>Studio: Gainax

I'm not trying to argue that it's a Trigger show, because it isn't. It's still stupid to go
>TTGL
>Trigger
though.

Only if you're a trigger fanboy who likes anything they make and overrate it as the best anime ever when it's actually just below average

I don't have reading comprehension - The comment

Kill la Kill's production collapse is NOT comparable to anything that happened on Gurren Lagann.

>You can only like a show that's average or below average (in your opinion) if you're a fanboy
That must go for 80% o the shows posted here, then.

>Studio: Gainax

>Luluco
>poor man's Pleiades

Those two shows are nothing alike.

Pleiades had lovely threads and its memory deserves better than being forced into a poor argument.

Yeah, might as well make former Madhouse productions count as MAPPA while we're at it.

Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann both went through rewrites while they were airing.

If they share like 90% of the production staff, feel free to talk about them in the same breath.

Luluco is a joke anime intended to be a sort of PV for TRIGGER. Comparing it to something intended to be an actual narrative is unfair.

>ctrl+f
>Kiznaiver
>zero results

The best Trigger work and you guys didn't talk about it.
Shame.

It was so fucking bad

Triggerfags are even more autistic than Kyoanuses and Shaftshits.

Actually this guy has a point

As much as I love Yoshinari and LWA, I wish it was more than japanese Harry Potter

Horrible. The only good thing about it waas the character design and OP.

Inou Batlle is their best show.

It's probably the one I liked best believe it or not, but it's hardly their best work.

Trigger was a mistake. They should've never left Gainax.

>meme anime
>le so bad it's good
kill la kill yourself

don't lose your way user

>TTGL
>masterpiece

It was the shittiest anime in that four panel anyway, and I haven't even seen the one with the hatgirl

Its the only worthwhile you mean
All the others are shitty meme shows

Pleiades made me fall asleep in the 3rd episode. Boring as fuck.

To think these five years spent doing cheap productions and shit anime could've been used in something actually good at Gainax. Every 6~7 years Gainax made something great, so by now we could be getting something like gurren lagann or FLCL if Imaishi wasn't such a greedy faggot with a dick up his ass.

LWA was fine.

kiznaiver

>Saving anime by making Western inspired stuff

>Trigger
>TTGL
neck yourself senpai

Trigger's work has been a disappointment compared with TTGL. Kill la Kill was a clusterfuck with tacked-on "ideas" and tryhard production values.

Basically this. I hear awful things about GAINAX management but it's clear that's where the depth and content for imashit et al. came from.

>Luluco is a joke anime intended to be a sort of PV for TRIGGER.
Like 2/3 of everything they make...

Anime as a medium is western inspired.

YEEEEAAAAART

YEEART

Well then just fuck it all, amirite?

Trigger hasn't been around for very long and Imaishi's main focus is to make creative, experimental works that challenge the medium and break the rules. Even then, the only real joke anime they've made are Inferno Cop and Luluco which were both done as little breaks in between larger works.

KlK and now LWA are more serious and narrative-driven. I think as studio builds up momentum we'll see more and more fully realized projects.

I just wanted to say your pic is very cute user, that's all.

I would not classify Luluco as a "joke", at least not as much as Inferno Cop and certainly not dismissively so.

Luluco is by all rights a full (short) show.

>creative, experimental works that challenge the medium and break the rules
by incorporating looney toons? Weak ass shit.

What does Trigger have to do to rule over all of anime?

Weak complaint.

>expressive animation is slapstick

When cultures combine, wonderful things happen, user.

>incorporating established foreign styles is innovation
sure

You tell me.