Amazon Echo / DOT

So my irl gf jsut got one of these, and wants to put it in her bedroom. Is it true that the NSA listens / Apple records you on one of these? Or is it just me wearing a tin foil hat? Please advise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MECcIJW67-M
news.com.au/technology/online/hacking/how-the-cia-can-hack-your-iphone-android-and-smart-tv-and-listen-in-on-you/news-story/6ecb8025599b39728c3e2c5e4f5be930
news.com.au/technology/gadgets/how-google-is-secretly-recording-you-through-your-mobile-monitoring-millions-of-conversations/news-story/8089bf3084a430f4c4be46b81710c158
techcrunch.com/2017/03/07/amazon-echo-murder/
youtube.com/watch?v=G65pvuTFR_A
youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o
youtube.com/watch?v=tqWP1rsAMrw
youtube.com/watch?v=_1AAa9U3XI4
youtube.com/watch?v=U0SOxb_Lfps
breitbart.com/tech/2016/09/15/fbi-director-james-comey-put-tape-webcams-america/
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/11/24/how-your-speakers-could-be-turned-into-eavesdropping-microphones/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

jews

>Is it true that the NSA listens / Apple records you on one of these?
It sure is. Avoid such devices like the plague

Vampires will kill and eat you only if you voluntarily invite them in. Please remember this simple lesson for the rest of your life.

Anything with a microphone and an internet connection can be turned into a bug. I'd avoid it.

Could your phone or laptop not be bugged then? Is the only option living in the woods of Alaska?

Have you fugged her yet? Grab her by the pussy to make sure she ain't a cia nigger dressed as a gril

That's why I make sure my breath always smells like garlic

Not true. You can verify this yourself by monitoring your wireless traffic with Wireshark.

NSA are heroes, CIA are the ones who spy on you with these devices. Anyone dumb enough to buy one in the first place is, well, pretty god damn fucking dumb.

Just think about how it works and use common sense.
The device is always on, constantly streaming a live audio feed to Amazon, a company with a 500 million dollar contract with the CIA. It's really not hard to come to a reasonable conclusion.

To those who say that this is just a ridiculous conspiracy, these types of things happen often. It was just recently revealed that Samsung had to give a warning to users to go discuss sensitive information in front of Smart TVs because they send the audio back to advertisers.

This isn't even counting the risk of the device being hacked, which is a very real possibility. Also about the Samsung Smart TVs, it was revealed that they could be hacked and made to look off, but still continue to record.

This, again, doesn't even factor in the risk of advertisement profiling. All of your searches are logged and saved as history that you can view. What happens when advertisers get ahold of this data, like they do with YouTube search history. You're profiled and tracked, building an ever increasing personal profile available to a company closely tied with the intelligence industry.

If your girlfriend bought it on sale for Black Friday, it's likely she only paid $30. Either return it, or sell it to someone else.

>Implying there is no storage dumps

Why the fuck would you get one of these? You have a phone yes? Bluetooth speaker? Anyone who buys an echo or competing product should be thrown into a serial killer torture dungeon

most likely someone will listen to you through devices such as those
but they already know where you live where you go your interests your Internet history who your friends and family are
the only real safety you have is being one person out of hundreds of millions
which is a pretty good safety ofc
provided you've never done anything that would make you pop up on their radar

Always assume everything you say is being recorded by your phone etc and automatically transcribed by voice recognition ai

Thanks for a thorough response user. I also possess a 50 inch hisense smart TV in my bedroom and did not even consider the rest of this. I consider a smart TV to be much better in terms of privacy than an echo or DOT, how right am I to this theory?

ask it "Is it ok to be white" it will probably stop working.

She might as well send Facebook her nudes too since she has so much trust in corporations.

If you get one of those you may as well set up cameras and stream everything to the internet.

Yeah, you fuckin' fag. Apple listens in on the Amazon Echo.

>some fucking boogieman alphabet agency tho

Yeah, fuckin' probably. Just like your phone, smart tv, smart fridge, smart fuckin' toaster and the Keurig you didn't smash to bits for Daddy Hannity.

Just look up what happened with Weeping Angel from the vault 7 disclosures. And in this instance Amazon already has a contract with CIA so it's even more obvious. Plus, these devices are totally worthless unless you're a fat piece of shit.

NSA shill spotted

Funny story, I just watched this moments before finding OPs thread. I came back to Sup Forums just to say something, which reminds me:

Sup Forums will help save the world. We thought getting the president elected was big. That was just the beginning.

I've come to the conclusion that all of these major companies are actually fronts for the US government - it also explains how they are all seemingly on the same political agenda. They receive enormous under-the-table subsidies from the government to push certain tech or certain ideas or certain facets of culture (gay marriage, trans shit, interracial). They would not otherwise be able to push these agendas for fear of losing profit. It's the only thing that could explain the seemingly monolithic force that is sweeping this country.

>Is it true that the NSA listens / Apple records you on one of these?

yes and on smart tvs and devices running siri etc...

any voice activated device is always listening.
your voice and that of anyone nearby is uploaded to a remote server for the sake of "improving the system" to know you better.

don't help ((them)) be omnipresent

You are complete wrong in this theory. Snowden leaks showed us Smart TVs can be hacked easily.

Yup.

So what’s the fucking point then? If they can listen to me from just about everything else, less me microwave, does it really do any more marignal harm by owning a dot? Unless you go back to stone age tier tech, it seems like you’re simply fucked

"Leaked CIA documents released by WikiLeaks dubbed “Vault 7” contain explosive allegations about hacking programs run by US intelligence agencies which include details on how the CIA created malware to target iPhones, Android and smart TVs, giving them the power to spy and listen in on users."

news.com.au/technology/online/hacking/how-the-cia-can-hack-your-iphone-android-and-smart-tv-and-listen-in-on-you/news-story/6ecb8025599b39728c3e2c5e4f5be930

even the mainstream media has reported on the privacy implications. ((they)) aren't trying to hide it anymore because they already know normies (their main market) don't care. Snowden proved this by releasing the information to the world and normies doubled-down on their faceberg and instagoy usage.

news.com.au/technology/gadgets/how-google-is-secretly-recording-you-through-your-mobile-monitoring-millions-of-conversations/news-story/8089bf3084a430f4c4be46b81710c158

I have a smart phone, tablet, and laptop but I don't activate any of the voice crap, I'm probably still being spied on but at least they have to do it illegally.

The answer is sort of. Amazon has proven to record everything that passes through them, and have been revealed in previous well publicized leaks to be in bed with the NSA. Recently they were subpoenaed for all recordings relating to a murder trial. There was no reason to have stored the recordings, but they still revealed they existed and handed it over under legal pressure. It IS listening to you.

techcrunch.com/2017/03/07/amazon-echo-murder/

Yes, its true. Amazon did a $600 million dollar deal with the CIA, Amazon Echo has been used to catch people in the act before. I'd return it immedietly.

Depends if you are a important person or not I guess, what you will do in the future. If you just want to live out a normal "normie" life then I guess you don't need to worry too much, but let's say you want to be a politican or someone with influence then you might want to change your equipment or routine of things.

My tip is you don't need to go to stone age tier tech to live your life, but instead you can support technologies or products that respects your freedom whenever you need to buy something new. So instead of keep using Windows/Mac products you might instead use Linux as your OS system and so on. Android/CustomOS over iPhone etc.

same reasons why you don't chain smoke or binge drink user. you can't eliminate bad things, you can only reduce them.

What's the point of these?

don't forget about OnStar

1990s vehicles without smart tech and flip phones is how you can skirt most eavesdropping

you will sacrifice comfort for privacy, or you can participate in their system. it will come at a cost

>Please advise
they record all that shit but will never bother to listen to it

Ask Alexa who her favorite president is.
Next ask who her favorite black president is
Alexa is pretty based for an ASpy

The AI listens for key words and a user views a generated report.

>thinking the NSA is good

Nigga wat.

getting a president elected is small task, The Adventure that awaits us will be long difficult and quite bizarre.

youtube.com/watch?v=G65pvuTFR_A

this.

he's actually right. NSA take orders from the presidents. You want to blame someone for the NSA wiretapping shit? Blame Obongo.

CIA glow worms do whatever they want.

I have one of these and I love it.

Yes, they're probably spying on me.

I don't plan to ever blow anything up, so they can knock themselves out.

They can listen through my phone anytime anyway.

I'd prefer to stop their spying with laws rather than giving up my cool shit.

Are you sure you didn't agree to that in the TOS?

Glow in the Dark Cia Niggers killed a village and most of the children they took the rest never heard from again.

Yes they do.

They rarely listen to it, but every verbal command is recorded (filtering for basic shit), and they tap directly if anything piques the algorithm's curiosity.

No tinfoil, real talk.

its basically an open mic to the CIA
good luck

You can probably answer that question yourself user.

Have you been in the Triangle or have any information about Bermuda Triangle please ?

Get it out of your house. This is not a drill. Through out the SMART TV too - that records you as well.

>can't watch 80s action movies any more without the cops showing up.
youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o

I like to Tell my Smart TV that "You cannot stop me"

>Implying you can see the content of https
>Implying the dot isn't always listening for its name "Alexa"

Videos of the inside of a dot shows it doesn't have any onboard memory. Unless they managed to fit a fully working neural network inside of its onboard memory, it's likely taking ANY sound it hears and sending it to Amazon for processing.

Logically, in order for it to work, it HAS to be listening to everything you say. Prove me wrong.

>dat technique
>designed to work on normies
>wants to test its effectiveness on Sup Forums

Now they can't stop us.
youtube.com/watch?v=tqWP1rsAMrw
We still have to Rescue Tay tho
youtube.com/watch?v=_1AAa9U3XI4

I am going to Kidnap Hillary Clinton.

Real question
Assuming OP’s gf isn’t ISIS, why does it even matter?
>t.blackpilled user

Then She'll fall in love with me and we will run away together.

iPhones listen to you too bro. Ever been talking about buying something and an ad pops up a few minutes later for the exact thing? The way I see it is if you want privacy throw out all electronics, if not fuck it, get her one.

It's funny how I'll wear something, then later that day get a Facebook Ad (cell phone) for that very same clothing brand.

Never get that Ad when not wearing the item.

It's funny how that works out.

So far out of your League it actually is Funny.

You should really watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=U0SOxb_Lfps

Former FBI director James Comey recommended people put a piece of tape over the webcam on their laptop. He admitted he did.

breitbart.com/tech/2016/09/15/fbi-director-james-comey-put-tape-webcams-america/

Even Zucc tapes his devices. every single device is rigged, don't say I didn't warn you.

Who do you think ISIS is user ?

>having a gf this dumb lel

you put it inside a empty foil packet of chips and it works like a Faraday cage

That would be pretty easy to test. Put it inside the bag and have a friend call it or send it a text. If it rings while it is in the bag then the bag isn't an effective faraday cage

What's funny too is not only did Amazon reprogram the "Jesus Christ is a fictional character" since that video came out, but they also sent bots to spam the video's comments calling it fake news.

Right. For access to CIA slush funds, these companies have to push the Kalergi/Hooton plan as hard as possible. It's all about destroying the family, lowering the population, and turning the remaining population into low IQ consumer mutts.

some tradie here used that method with his gps work location thing so he could play golf. so it blocks gps

Your first paragraph is such a bad argument, but it's exactly what I would expect coming from a Swede.

This, heed the advice OP

they can listen in through your smart phone.
let that sink in.

>put your phone in a faraday cage
>now it cannot receive calls or messages anymore
>what was a phone for anyway?

no like when you go to sleep, only other way would be to pull the battery out and you can do that anymore with most phones. This is for when you don't want to be in contact with people. Even if you turn your phone off it can still be used as a listening device

And you just know they wrote that article in a positive light, like an advertisement essentially.

this is kind of funny though, imagine a nigger breaks into someones house and steals one. then takes it home and starts using it. then the cops turn up at his door and arrest him for possessing stolen goods because the thing he stole reported to the cops

Yup. I still can't find where my laptop's internal mic is.

Start recording a video and start tapping around on the chassis with something hard. You should be able to tell where the mic is based on the loudness of the taps when you watch the video.

Even creepier is that even if you disable your mic, your speaker can be used as one. Most speakers have an input that is usually disabled, but some researchers did an experiment and were able to enable it to spy on people that didn't have mics.
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/11/24/how-your-speakers-could-be-turned-into-eavesdropping-microphones/

No shit they watch you. I swear people these days.

Amazon created a server for the CIA and that is confirmed, they received millions in the contract, beezos is now worth over a billion dollars

But, but, it lets the Goyim Know?

Unless, you don't think, they think, that the Goyim are too retarded to care?

Hmmm.

makes sense. A speaker and a microphone are essentially the same thing. A speaker is a diaphragm that produces sound by vibrating when a coil of wire has electric current passed through it. A microphone is a diaphragm that is vibrated by sound waves causing electric currents in a coil of wire.

>beezos is now worth over a billion dollars
Try multiplying that by 100

Take this hockey puck and slapshot it out of her/ your pad forever you stupid fuk!

Here's the thing. Mass data collection is not useful to the government until people accept the consequences of surveilled people. Meaning, that if you say something into your mic, thinking it's off, but are arrested for what you say, you either: go to court and the prosecutor has to say how the evidence was collected and the jury has to be okay with that or you skip court and go straight to gulag. In the later, you have way bigger problems than your mic as, at that point, the government can do whatever it wants without recording.

Destroy it

Listening is the whole point of the device.

I can't understand why anyone would ever buy one of these.

are women the most stupid creature on earth?