Evafags will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20020606012703/http://masterwork.animemedia.com/Evangelion/anno.html
youtube.com/watch?v=t-QSmNReDyI
youtube.com/watch?v=8CvURidpkCY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf i hate eva now

Tom and Jerry confirmed kino

>paying homage or tribute
>an unexpected thing in anime
I KNOOOW

I KNOOOOW I LET YOU DOOOWN IVE BEEN A FOOOL TO MYSEEEELLLLLF

I love Eva even more now

Tom and Jerry is actually one of Anno's favorite anime so it's not weird to reference shows you like on your work.

>actually taking this thread seriously and speculating that a large create holding a small creature in front of its face is a purposeful reference.

Tripfags, amirite?

You have to take every thread as a serious one because if you don't, that means some anons (maybe you) are only pretending to be retarded if not actually having brain damage by making threads with the first piece of fart that ejaculated onto their minds. You don't want to think or rather believe that is the case. user is not a mentally damaged person.

Jojo reference?

But that image from Tom and Jerry is referencing a 19th century political cartoon.

>needing to defend paying homage to one of the best cartoons ever

Well, Tom and Jerry is far better than Eva, a classic.

Retard

is this post some multi-layered irony shit?

The question is: who did it better?

>Shinji rips off Kaworu's head
>looney tunes riff starts playing

That was...

I get that this is a joke, but Anno has specifically said that he likes Tom and Jerry before. web.archive.org/web/20020606012703/http://masterwork.animemedia.com/Evangelion/anno.html

Evafags will defend this

Someone post the Tarkovsky/EoE comparison shots.

Fuck off, Tom and Jerry is a fucking masterpiece

You think thats bad check this out

Pretty weak comparisons, if I'm honest

youtube.com/watch?v=t-QSmNReDyI
youtube.com/watch?v=8CvURidpkCY

fucking seriously

So Gendo is a smug manipulative shit who pretends to act all cute and innocent while Shinji is the cat who's just doing his goddamn job protecting his home?

the lore just gets deeper

But what does it mean?