Overlord

That last novel left alot more questions than answers in my mind

I'm glad that Ainz is at the very least open to the idea of admitting he can make mistakes to his NPCs, but I'm confused by the interaction with Shalltear and Aura at the end of chapter 5- were they accepting his admission of mistake or was the conversation they had before making them think it was still all part of his plan? And is he actually going to give a shit about Albedo and Demiurge essentially being completely off base with his ideas for the Kingdom and the Empire's vassalage? Plus, what kind of completely illiterate moron doesn't know what 'vassalage' means, I found that a bit of a stretch that Ainz had no idea what it meant in vol 10.

Also, I'm worried for Enri. I feel like something bad is gonna befall her with the way the epilogue ended. Obviously Ainz isn't really dead but then why make a point of showing Lupisregina telling her?

Need more Clem

Also, is the Beholder Mage Girl fanfic worth a read through or is it crummy?

I'm almost positive she'll make a reappearance as a resurrected thing or another

Enri was the very first character we're introduced to in the LN, she'll be there at the end as well

Whether that's a good or a bad thing for her remains to be seen

My guess is that last line in the epilogue was planned around drawing out foes and Lupisregina just felt like telling Enri to fuck with her. Or to incite her to mobilize her forces.

I don't think her plot armor is that thick, but you're right about her clearly being more important overall than what people may have assumed from a quiet farmgirl
Still though, she could be a potential gutwrench tool like Gazef was in vol 9. Although he went out in I suppose as good a way as one could come up with, I don't think I can see a death for Enri that I would be able to accept

It's written by the guy who TLs the LNs and it's apparently set in the Agrand Republic instead of the human nations.

Feels pretty rushed, IMO. That said he updates it on the dot at the same time every week.

Post nuclear fallout education isn't that high, gotta keep the masses dumbed down if you want to rule.

Ainz dying will used to see who is really on his side, it will make countries start moving and make jaldaboath more powerful which will make people appreciate ainz more.
Enri will lead an army to help ainz but ruin the plan cause lupus a shit.

Wait Nigel himself writes it? That's gotta be worth a read then. I hear he browses here too.

Be careful what you wish for.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH Shit sasuga user
That makes perfect sense, I had completely forgotten about jalambadouth
Maybe in the course of it Enri gains some insight into bad stuff Ainz has done or that Ainz isn't what he presents himself to be OR lupisregina's actions and sadism starts to make her doubt the people of Naz are to be trusted

I can see the last part to be true

I really fucking hate Lupusregina
She was even willing to attempt to make a joke when Ainz was bitching her out

Why can't Ainz just make a big Naz official announcement saying 'we are not going to be enslaving any humans or any race for that matter', he's already made it very clear that he's opposed to slavery because of Herohero
Its the biggest nagging fear I have in my mind whenever Albedo and Demiurge get their little behind the scenes parts, because they sure make it sound like they're thinking "Ah, after this Ainz will surely start his rule of terror"

He should just build a shelter for dogs in E-Rantel and hope some takes Lupus away. Would you user?

Not with a ten [gate] pole, user

I'm a humiefag

Although CZ is cool she can come chill

>I'm a humiefag

Where would one buy the raws for these digitally?

humans STRONK
RETARDS GET OUT

Even Nabe was appreciative of Enri giving her a complement. Sheeeit even Albedo seems like she can make friends with people like Renner

Amazon if I'm not mistaken

>Enri giving her a complement
Only cuz Lupu came up as a paragon of beauty.
Narberal is pleased everytime people praise Nazarick or Ainz.
>Albedo friends with Renner
>people
>Renner
Think again user.
She was awarded a chance for Area Guardian position exactly for lacking humanity.

I don't get the 'Renner is sooo psycho guys really she's so inhuman and evil' meme, even if its from Maruyama himself

Oh no, this poor sinister woman passed labor laws and abolished slavery and did things that for all intents and purposes made life better for the common man... but she's actually really smart and has a BDSM fetish and thinks shes better than people and makes a creepy face sometimes! Oooooh, so sinister, ooooouuu...

Unless I missed something and its implied she's like done some terrible sinister other things that I missed. And yeah I know about the maids, that's peanuts in comparison to the shit Ainz has done to those that get in the way of those he loves

Seems like only physical is available there. Fucks sake

Why do people keep questioning the obedience of the NPCs is beyond me.
They are never going to backstab AInz unless MAGIC or some other plot shenanigan happens.
Least of all fucking Albedo, Ainz could go around planting flowers and raising kittens and she would roll with it as long he pats her head and calls her cute.

Author just don't try to describe IQ300 psychopath and he has my gratitude for that.
Cuz that seldom ends up anywhere near decent in fiction.
I hope we'll see her race against the clock when SKAOG moves in for the Kingdom.
At the time some fuckery supposed to happen related to the orphanage and the box she was given by Albedo.
My bet is that we'll get a lesser in scale, but more vicious and cruel SPLAT from Renner.
>Using Ainz as comparison
You just made her a compliment user.
She did slay those poor tramps that Climb and co saved from brothel.

It doesn't seem to be the only thing beyond you.
Having a motivation different that Ainz is aware of and acting on it would be enough to cause a lot of issues in the future, potentially critical ones.
Ainz misunderstanding things and leaving all to Demi and Albedo doesn't help one bit.
user seldom have direct backstab in mind, more like royal fuck up either unintentional or following the NPC personal, twisted version of being of service to Ainz.

I'm not implying it as a backstab, but they keep on thinking 'ah this is what Ainz said but don't worry, I'm three steps into his plan and I'm certain he definitely wants us to start murdering children soon' and Ainz has a tendency or rather is defined as a character by just going along with whatever the NPCs suggest and pretending he came up with it
Case in point (even if its overused) the kidnapping of 5000 people during Demi9/11 including children, that's something Ainz would never order him to do or at least would hope that he had some discretion in picking his targets but Ainz just went along with it and didn't bother to say 'next time ask me'

He doesn't have to, but he could at least imply that she's done more nasty stuff than just 'she's actually not a shining beacon of morality and is a typical monarch that makes morally ambiguous decisions'

Renner would be a heroic if not outright virtuous character in a series like Game of Thrones by comparison

And Ainz, despite being undead and strictly True Neutral, is the most human and moral person in Naz

>virtuous and heroic
user she only does all that stuff cuz it furthers her agenda.
She was nobody in line of succession and hadn't had a chance to do "nasty stuff".
You just wait till she's in a position of any power.
>not shining beacon of morality
Humans are social creatures.
A lot of our instincts are honed for empathy and compassion.
There are recent studies that showed females choosing caring and gentle males led to gradual decrease in human aggression level.
A being devoid of these can only be called a human in form, not in content.
Much like a Rat King is not considered kin by rats.

She may not have done anything terribly evil yet but it's made pretty clear that she both would have no problem if every man woman and child in the kingdom died and more than likely will have a hand in it next volume directly.
Does someone become inhuman when they start performing the inhuman/despicable acts, or when they resolve in their mind that they'd have no problem doing so?

What IS her agenda, anyway? She's supposed to be smart, right? Surely its not just 'end up with Climb' and that's it?
What's her play?

That actually makes a fair bit of sense I suppose. But then again, by that logic anyone with power would be evil since they would have the capacity for it.

Maybe Climb will somehow catch her helping 9/11 and have an internal crisis. Doubt that though. It will probably be Enri like people have been suggesting.

>end up with Climb
But that is exactly her agenda?
Securing position stable enough for her to enjoy Climb company unconditionally while maintaining her Magdalena status in his eyes and preferably in the eyes of general populace.
If you consider her current position as a country royalty - it's not one-two easy task user.

Well, I still don't see how that's resulted in her being super evil or anything, just with a very hard line of goals and no qualms with whatever methods used to get it, like Ainz
Though I agree if she sells out the kingdom when the people were relying on her and looked up to her for protecting them that would put her in the 'evil' category for me

She killed tramps, she uses her friends, she "betrays" citizens of her country and her family.
She's most likely going to do some terrible things to the kids at the orphanage, probably to open The Box.

Renner is a very utilitarian person. Everything she does is calculated to do one thing for her - ensure a safe and happy life with Climb.

I wonder what would happen to the goblin army if Enri does die. They would go batshit insane over losing their summoner, of course, but what after? Would they still honor her commands and live peacefully with the villagers of Carne Village (or perhaps call it Fort Carne now)?

Also if Enri does die, I'm sure Nfirea will do whatever he can and offer anything he has to beg Ainz to bring her back. But if he blackmails Ainz into it, threatening to reveal that Ainz=Momon, I'm sure things will get very, very, depressing.

>ensure a safe and happy life with Climb
she's willing to let Climb go an hero for MUH PRINCESS just to have a chance to nurse him post resurrection

One of the goblins, I forget who and when, mentioned how if Enri died they would do everything imaginable to take vengeance on whoever was responsible. I imagine they'd either shift to Nemu or Nfirea.
Although, the only one who probably could kill Enri while she's under constant guard from her army would be someone from Naz. Its mentioned how her army is stronger than that of the Empire or the kingdom easily because of their levels combined with numbers. One would imagine if she died it would be a hit called out on her by Naz.
Nfirea is in the unique position that he can potentially, despite being a universe apart in levels, actually kill or seriously harm Naz members or AOG himself. He'd have to use an item stolen or acquired from Naz to do so, but its possible.
Someone mentioned last thread that he might grab the staff of AOG and Ainz would freak out because if it gets destroyed ALL of Naz, the NPCs and himself would instantly die, but Nfirea wouldn't know that and so would just use it as a weapon instead, which could prompt Ainz to ZA WARUDO and True Death him

This all being said, I've come around and accepted that Ainz is, despite the author trying to convince us with offhand comments otherwise, still a generally good guy and has no intention of starting a reign of terror or doing anything harmful to the people he already has done good things for. Alot of offhand inner monolgue comments like 'Hmm if they mention prismatic ores I'd enslave them all' or shit like that comes up but he's as of yet never actually done it or has decided 'other options would be better' so I think its just bluffing to make it seem like he's more scary than he really is from a morality standpoint. With that in mind, he has no reason to fuck with Enri and Nfirea, its not like as soon as they finish all they can with the potions he's just gonna discard of them and order them dead.

Now, the NPCs that pretend they know what he wants on the other hand...

Fucking auto-correct.
Summons disappear after caster death though.

'next time ask me'
On the one hand this would solve a shit load of problems
On the other I can really empathize with Ainz being totally overwhelmed about running a fucking nation, let alone one with all of the power and intricacies of the one he's stumbled into, let alone in a completely different world where potentially nothing you even heard from hearsay about in the previous one regarding politics applies, let alone when his only social experience in real life amounted to being an overworked low-end glorified vacuum salesman
Maruyama does a good job frustrating you into sort of thinking like an NPC, because you as the reader wanna say 'Cmon Ainz ugh why don't you have all the answers to admitting to the NPCs that you don't have all the answers'
Overlord is if nothing else an exploration into the rigors of rulership

>yfw ten thousand years

Whats up in line for volume 12?

12 and 13 will both cover Holy Roble Kingdom 9/11 by Demi Jaldabaoth.
You should believe me cuz all I heard about them is their titles.

Honestly one of the stupider, more contrived moments of the entire LN
You can't just be super attentive to pretending to be magnanimous one second then suddenly have a train of thought slip of the tongue that completely alters the whole conversation cause 'whoops remembered something and said it out loud' the next

Reminder that Enri now makes Nfirea's daily schedule for him and has progressively done more and more to lug his worthless ass around and will eventually ntr him with Brain 'Clipping nails and Chasing Tails' Ungulas

>OUT

Renner is a sociopath and high functioning autist. She apes normal human emotions because doing so is a means to an end rather than an actual expression of herself. But rather than being a comic-book villain who wants to take over the world, she makes people dance to her tune simply because she wants to play with one man like a doll.
In a way, she's a very refreshing take on the sociopathic genius that is usually portrayed with world-dominating goals or a perverse lust for murder/sex.

I can dig that actually, fair point

Once he's bedridden he won't be fighting, will he?

Why is nemu so cute

Probably because she's marked for death

That will piss Ainz off, especially if Lupu reports it to him.

>Why can't Ainz just make a big Naz official announcement saying 'we are not going to be enslaving any humans or any race for that matter'
Because it's not true? He will totally go for the enslavement option if it's beneficial for the Nazarick and pros outweigh the cons.
Hell, just look at Quagoa.

Is there anything Ainz wont do for the benefit of Nazarick?

fuck Albedo

It's not like anyone will believe him anyway.

Yeah, cant he make a God-kin army of his children like Elf King wants if he just fucked the NPCs?

He doesn't know they can be bred that way.

Still I wonder what females could bred the strongest God-kin, and if the children of NPCs also count, then Sebas Half-Dragonoid/Human children could conquer the world.

Aura's body is made for.multiple pregnancies with Fenris/Quadracile hybrids.

No, he admitted that if she had invoked his guilt as an argument during the attempted rape, he would have succumbed, remember?
I think that the same logic applies to Nazarick's well-being.

I'm betting Tsu will get killed at some point in some trivial way by some enemy interference and Sebas will go full Nuclear Demidragon Hokuto no Ken mode on whoever it was

>FennxAura doujins
I'd pay to read that.

They wont openly betray Ainz, they will just selectively interpret his words like what Demiurge has been doing the whole time. Not to mention what Lupus did when she didn't defend the village because "but i was only told to defend the houses".

And Albedo is obviously being built up to be the "but i killed your friends for YOUR sake!" character in tragedies. Like the movie about an ordinary man who discovers he has super powers after he survives a train wreck unscathed, and it turned out that someone engineered the train wreck and countless disasters to find the one person with super powers, "for the greater good".

There's also plenty of room for the other NPCs to get tricked by demiurge/albedo.

So has Ainz gone to the dwarves yet? Did any of the predictions come true?

Yeah, all of 11 was him interacting with the dwarves but almost everything if not every single thing on that was wrong

Which in retrospect reminds me that Ainz isn't as bad as I sometimes imagine him to be. Looks like whoever wrote that was waaaay off base there. Even I've come to accept that what he did at Katzie was brutal but not necessarily evil. It was a battle, and he was told to use his strongest spell, can't complain when he does what is logical.

none of that came true.

so how did he "interact" with the dwarves?

He was their fucking savior. Also: "I have no interest in last words."

Shes on the list, death has no claim on what Ainz-sama has vowed to protect.

>Tsu
>Killed
>In fucking level 9 of the trolliest PvP dungeon.

ive been gone for 2 months, is this the new form of the justice fags?

Honestly I had very few complaints actually, he handled it pretty well, he even made an honest attempt at admitting he made a mistake to his subordinates though I don't think they accepted it

He enslaved them, with high quality beer.

Go read it.

Why are Overlord Dwarves so bad? They were almost done in by a race of cave-dwelling furry savages and besides Ainz their only chances of survival would have been being enslaved by the furries' master. At least the Elves get the excuse of getting destroyed by the strongest Human nation in the world and they still put up a fight. And they have a Rape King.

Also
>get fucked by furries and left with only one city
>better have our regular army of 100 dwarves at the ready, lads

Maybe somewhere in the world there is a more cool dwarf nation?

Elves are always superior.

Demihuman races were probably stronger before being genocided by Players

The Dwarves got their shit pushed in by the Demon Gods, the Frost Dragons rekt them, and Pe Riyuro is the single strongest Quagoa ever who is ALSO their version of Jircniv.

>but then why make a point of showing Lupisregina telling her?
It's for the readers and that would push enri to create the gobbo kingdom to protect her village

Sure, but an army of only 100 in the times of crisis and against a race in which one regular furry would be physically stronger than one regular dwarf (add an inherent resistance to physical attacks on top of that). That's plain retardation.

Might be a standing army of 100, the Dwarves might have reservists. Besides, the only real threat to the dorfs was over the bridge, and they had lightning bolts presighted down its length.

So how many members of AOG would be pounding Mare if they came back?

>lot of offhand inner monolgue comments like 'Hmm if they mention prismatic ores I'd enslave them all'
It's perfectly reasonable. Imagine discovering some country which routinely produces nukes.

Shalltear is very flat.

It's just this particular Dwarf Fortress player is a total noob.

Yamaiko, for sure.

1. Their monarch left to fight the demon gods and never returned
2. Frost dragons can barge into their fortresses if they like it
3. Quagoa has been gaining ground on territories dwarves lost, especially with the dragon-quagoa "alliance"
4. Dwarven economy went to shit when their runecraft got outdated and made inferior to more accessible magic enchanted wares
5. What little trade caravans they have only go to the empire, and are subject to frost dragons, frost giants, bandits, and the like.
6. They trust their walls and fortresses too much
7. They are manlets
8. Its hard for them to trust anyone who can't drink beer

The top brass got overconfident and lax after all the wins and they already lost multiple cities so all the resources went to other areas.
There are still dark dwarves and the hero dwarf who went off on his own.

You are still the cutest Ainz-approved chair.

>that feeling when you fail as a slave and terrorists use Metal Gear to destroy Ainz-sama's Flatchest Draconic Airlines

Tell that to Coctyus

Oddly, the only part of that I understood was the last part
Fuck you on about with slaves and terrorists and Meido Gears?

When will ainz force neet dragon to fuck his relatives to create more frost dragons?

He'll probably send Aura to charm a few more urelated females first, gotta expand the gene pool as much as possible.

That MAD bar is an interface bar with MAD shopped in from MGR if I am not wrong. So terrorists and Metal Gears should be self-explanatory at this point.

But you are right about the slave part, Chair is not a slave but a piece of furniture.

>Aura charming beasts into breeding
A-as expected of a Cum Beast Tamer!

One more 'sasuga' and the bug gets it

new lewd so-bin art

Why does Aura want a flying magical beast? Does she think they're better at matting pressing thanks to their wings?

She's a collector, like Ainz. But anything bigger than her can mating press with ease.