Your Name./Kimi no Na wa

So I watched this movie for the third time and after work, I'm going to see it again for the fourth time today.

Why is it so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/三坂知絵子?wprov=sfla1
co-family.net/4729.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Idk, probably because the art and animation are great, the sountrack and voice acting are amazing. All alongside a decent enough story with good characters.

I never rewatch shit.

Your first experience is the best

And you will never enjoy as much so rewatching is a waste of time

This, sort of.

All of the characters are super likeable. The story isn't perfect, but the voice acting, OST and high quality animation and backgrounds make up for it.

My tenth time yesterday. This is sick.

Some things you can appreciate more the second time. You cam pick up on all the little things that you missed before, like things that seem insignificant at first. Anything over a 2nd viewing is just autism though

I've seen it in cinemas 5 times now, bought the soundtrack and been blasting it for weeks, pre-ordered the book collection from CDJapan and I'm sure as hell preordering the BD as soon as it goes up. It's safe to say that I fucking loved this film.

It's not, it's above average.

This is completely backwards, all you can get on the initial viewing is cheap shock value. It's only on subsequent viewings that you can appreciate how scenes are put together and what's important. No one is going to listen to a symphony once and be done with it.

Our brains are wired to be in comfort with familiarity.

Seeing it for the second time today. My heart hasn't calmed down yet.

Can anyone give me the torrent link?

www.yournearestfirstworldcinema.com

It's literally on nyaa.

I downloaded it today because there are no more screenings near me

;_;

I only see shitty versions or one with ukranian subtitles. Which one did you see?

The animation, it's so fucking good Especially when the time travel scene. I've got goosebumps everytime I remember it

Finally people can't joke about a Shinkai movie that only has pretty stills.

^

the first view is only to decide if it should be rewatched or not

>When she turns around
FUCK YES

Nice detail with the dates in their diaries. If they actually paid attention to their calendars, they may have noticed the time difference.

Just playing through this rip now and an user the other day was right about Mitsuha not wearing the braid when she was in Taki's body. That was a nice touch too.

Can't really blame them since they were dreaming (surely also for the sake of plot).

It's not really something you tend to take notice of anyway. Like with my phone being locked now, it says Monday 12 December. I can't remember the last time I actually paid attention to the date on my phone apart from on the home screen when I can see that it says 12 on the calendar app icon in one of the folders I put it in

Every other day of the week is a given and I don't even give it a second thought.

Yeah. The movie emphasized on this point by showing that both of them hadn't noticed it.
Mitsuha planned the date on holiday and then woke up in her body on weekday,
and Taki woke up on holiday thinking it was weekday.
But some audiences might found this a bit forced.

How the fuck are you guys still alive?

You aren't very thoughtful, are you?

Oh yeah, that makes sense, actually. I forgot about that scene where Mitsuha(Taki) puts on the uniform before they go on the hike.

It's stuff like that, those calendar dates, the braid, etc. that I'm really enjoying. As far as attention to detail goes, it's really well crafted.

Also, I liked Taki's growth spurt. Him being the same height as Mitsuha in the flashback, and then taller on the mountain top was a good touch

I'm 1000% sure Sup Forums will absolutely hate it after the BDs come out. It just screams PG mainstream catering vanilla fluff. 5 cm/s will probably get a lot of undeserved praise too from all the contrarian shitposters.

Without a doubt. I don't care though, the ending to this is infinitely more satisfying. It's also 100% overrated, but still a great watch. I'm glad I got to see it on the big screen.

Still, Taki is the shortest of male casts, which was intended since they need to make him be able to be cute.

I don't know. I think this movie is very suitable for cinematic experience. It would easily lose its charm on a smaller screen. Can't really blame anons if they will shat on it after BD release.

>I'm going to see it again for the fourth time today
Really dont understand people like you. Kimi no na wa has so many flaws that become blatantly obvious after putting some thought into analyzing the story after having seen it once. Watching this multiple times will only make the fuck ups more obvious. I mean, I get it. Cheap emotional manipulation that makes you feel and stuff, but spending money to re-watch this multiple times? Makes no sense to me.

No wonder Sup Forums will hate this movie in the not so distant future. People like you act as if it was some masterpiece when it has countless blatant flaws and issues.

I think, one day you will find a movie that make you repeatedly watch it regardless of other people opinion. It's just not this anime.

Sorry for asking but, what is this film, I watch anime still I didn't watched this one.

Beg.

Reported.

>watching stuff any more than 3 times

you're just autistic. no matter how good is it, NEVER watch it more than 3 times.
fool

>not downloading in 1080p from kissanime with englist subs

lmao pleb

>tfw when they past each other
>tfw rages builds up to the highest degree since shinkai bullshit is happening
>tfw he calls her out
>that title drop
Love it and for once I am not angry on a makoto shinkai movie desu

I've watched Back to the Future more than 20 times.

I strongly feel that this movie is an insult to life itself

Why? Do you see yourself in the movie?

Go to bed and take your pill, Miyazaki

>expected to see thousands of posts on Sup Forums expressing disappointment and those in the theatre to say that it was terrible
>everybody loves it
Is there anybody here who thought it was a 6/10 film? I figured my lack of enjoyment was due to me being a hardcore weeb but you guys loved it as well.
I mean the first half was good but aside from that it just wasn't that great. Did the animation leave that much of an impact on you?

Dumb frogposter but you're right in this one. This movie is overrated

BD release when?

Yes, I did. The movie is another star crossed lovers story with a gimmick. This gimmick being time travel. Was it fun to watch? Of course it was, but saying it's a masterpiece is such a exaggeration.

It's far from a masterpiece, but it was a satisfying film to watch.

Sorry to hear about your lack of soul

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 12 weeks, 11 weekends
>Has surpassed Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle as #2 Anime Film of All Time in Japan
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Now projected to possibly approach 20 billion yen (US$200 million).
>Nominated for an Oscar
>Wins LA Film Critics Award

So this is meme magic. Not bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

No, it found a way.

It's Sup Forums's greatest meme.

Why didnt she look at calendars when she type diary in his phone?

Hope it sounded reasonable for you, Frodo.
But why didn't you ride those eagles straight to the volcano? It should end everything in 1 book.

But diary have year count on it.

Doesn't matter since it's a trivial detail as weekday, holiday.

So this is the power of meme magic.

>So I watched this movie for the third time and after work, I'm going to see it again for the fourth time today.
What city?

I'm starting to get a feeling that Shinkai also has a thing for older women, in addition to the whole crushing despair of love lost thing

Nope, his wife is an actress who played in R-18 BDSM film, and also younger than him.

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

FINDS

Proofs?

I wish. Both of his recent older women pairing in his works always end in bad note.

This one doesn't. Probably a retarded app developer. There are many out there.

Mitsuha is the older woman in this one and it doesn't end on a bad note

Here:
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/三坂知絵子?wprov=sfla1
If you search harder with this name, you will find 2chan archive with that picture.
Also, his daughter
co-family.net/4729.html

Mitsuha's probably just about to become a cake by the end, right?

Yes, about 25 yo at that time.

yeah, he's about 22, she's about 25

3 years gap doesnt give that much impact unless they emphasize the senpai arctype and this one clearly doesnt.
>mfw i was an avid /ss/fag and risa caught me off fucking guard made me feel conflicted throughout the movie.

>Shinkai also has a thing for older women

I want to see them both at that cafe

I loved it, hit all the right points. Enjoyable dialog, themes of modernity and spirituality, cute love story, urban migration, time travel is always fun and the story of natural disaster is all too relatable. I'm not surprised it was such a success, I don't think anything more perfect could have been made for Japan right now.

Also Mitsuha a cute. A CUTE.

Dragged too long and the resolution just sort of fizzled out. There better be a proper epilogue.

It's not the best in the story department but then again Shinkai isn't exactly known for that. In terms of romance and character development it's actually quite lacking.

However, if you can't recognise that it's a 10/10 masterpiece on the technical side then you should prob just stick to animu shows. There's a reason filmfags worldwide are loving it.

>Show date in the Philippines is Dec. 14
>Only tell it today Dec 12
>Show date conflicts with Star Wars
>Show date conflicts with local cinema festival where theaters are required by law to show the films that are competing in the festival

Ahaha, this one is dead on arrival in the Philippines.

Isnt Pinoy have the most weeb population compared to other SEA nations?

This was a solid 8.5/10.

Only wish they didn't finish the movie in a cliffhanger. I really wanted to know their names...

>Philippines
>giving a fuck

Shinkai has a thing for trains

Yes and if there was a build up then it could've had a great run. Peenoise like dorama shit and this is in their alley, aside from anime, hell even Your lie in April live action is currently showing here in my little city in Southern Mindanao, Philippines. One problem is that it did not even have a trailer to show to the normies. I bet it will have a 1/2 day for 1 week in the mall and then gets cut off since the cinemas will be used for the indie films.

Don't give up, Pinoy-kun.
It's was a shit no one cares in Thailand at first, then it reached out to normalfags and made 1.5 million USD (which is considered high for this country).

>Phil weebs
>caring about stars wars
>or any indie
Like hell, the fucking weebs here are fucking jaded as fuck and rather watch some weeb shit than both of that.

I bet you can't into the weed industry too.

t. organizer of weeb shits

>weed
>in Southern Mindanao

You know somebody near Davao? I need money for christmas, it's ok if he's small time, the cops give good money for shit like those.

Not bad.
I watched it last Saturday at Malaysia, less than 20ppl in the cinema. Some of them mom bringing their kids to watch cartoon thinking it is a typical cartoon. The show really has zero marketing unless you keep up with Sup Forums keit-ai meme and weebs new.

fuck Star Wars, I'm watching this.

also flip weeabs have been watching out for it for the longest time, and with the information getting spread around normiebook, SM cinemas are going to be a weeabfest.

where do you live? in kuantan it's mostly chinese and teenage malay girls. I've watched 3 times, always more than 40+ people. that's pretty goddamn good.

I'm surprised it was not delayed/cancelled desu. With the film festival rejects hogging up the cinemas and all.

Why didn't the girl notice that technology had suddenly advanced by 3 years?

But it hasn't. (2013-2016)

Americans haven't realized their internet is shit-tier in terms of international standards for the past how many years?

3 years is barely anything and she lives in the boonies, so you could play down any of the small differences there are, down to the difference in where they live.

They both have the same model of iPhone, too.

PJ.
Watched it at tropicana city mall, maybe it is cause I went for the early screening at 12pm.

>The fact that most of your name fags are males and there're few female fans despite it's a romance film.

Cell phones have retrogressed if you ask me. I had a Droid 4 in 2013, and I still miss that physical keyboard. (Currently have a Samsung Galaxy S7.)

What else do you expect? Mitsuha is very cute!

When I went to watch it in the morning there were many teenage girls.